• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Just a little disappointed in VGW today. I have wanted a Vudoo V-22 rifle for awhile now. So I've read every thing I could find. Watched every Video I could find. Read every review I could find and read 6500+ posts on this thread. Then on June 10th I pulled the trigger and ordered my Dream Vudoo rifle. I was told it was going to be 10 or 11 weeks so I said OK. I called today to for an update as yesterday was 11 weeks. They checked and I was told it was at leas three more weeks. I asked what was the hold up and got a one word answer. Covid. I have no idea what they are waiting on.I still want the rifle though disappointed as I was set on waiting 11 weeks. Now I will hunker down dream for a least 3 more weeks.

VGW at the end of the day are just people like you and me. It's a small shop. People get sick. I went to order a Proof barrel back in April, and they said the earliest they'd have it to me was September/October due to the number of people that quit / left the factory due to Covid.

I am happy that VGW does the right thing and doesn't rush quality. I had a place try to keep churning out stuff at the rate pre-covid, and ended up getting some bad quality stuff, had to do a bunch of warranty returns to get it right. I know it's hard to wait on something that you saved up and spent a lot of effort on, but it'll be here soon enough and you'll get to enjoy it for your lifetime.

Just a little disappointed in VGW today. I have wanted a Vudoo V-22 rifle for awhile now. So I've read every thing I could find. Watched every Video I could find. Read every review I could find and read 6500+ posts on this thread. Then on June 10th I pulled the trigger and ordered my Dream Vudoo rifle. I was told it was going to be 10 or 11 weeks so I said OK. I called today to for an update as yesterday was 11 weeks. They checked and I was told it was at leas three more weeks. I asked what was the hold up and got a one word answer. Covid. I have no idea what they are waiting on.I still want the rifle though disappointed as I was set on waiting 11 weeks. Now I will hunker down dream for a least 3 more weeks.
Bruh. You do know there’s a whole ass pandemic going on right? It’s common to accept a lead time as best case scenario but always know that it’s subject to change due to issues such as: covid, lack of parts and material from suppliers (due to covid, and massive increases in demand), lack of man power (due to covid), etc.

You’re literally buying the best and most popular high end 22 on the market. Cut the guys at Vudoo a break. They’re working their asses off I’m sure to get everyone taken care of as fast and safely as possible while still building an extremely accurate product.

Bruh. You do know there’s a whole ass pandemic going on right? It’s common to accept a lead time as best case scenario but always know that it’s subject to change due to issues such as: covid, lack of parts and material from suppliers (due to covid, and massive increases in demand), lack of man power (due to covid), etc.

You’re literally buying the best and most popular high end 22 on the market. Cut the guys at Vudoo a break. They’re working their asses off I’m sure to get everyone taken care of as fast and safely as possible while still building an extremely accurate product.
I understand Covid. But why the one word answer after 11 weeks. Why not we are having trouble getting your barrel made or that Grayboe is behind on shipping? If they knew it was going to be 3 or so more weeks delay then why no a quick email note to notify me?

I understand Covid. But why the one word answer after 11 weeks. Why not we are having trouble getting your barrel made or that Grayboe is behind on shipping? If they knew it was going to be 3 or so more weeks delay then why no a quick email note to notify me?

There's probably dozens of you, and only 1 person running the front desk at Vudoo. If they wanted to take more people answering phone calls and questions, then they wouldn't have people on the line putting the rifles together and ensuring quality.

Just curious, what were the specs for your build? I ordered a barreled action about 4 weeks ago and was given a rough estimate of 8-10 weeks. I fully expect it to take 10 weeks minimum but I still dream of hearing from them after 6 weeks.
Having been on both sides of the fence here, I know what it’s like to only think about my build and why it’s not done yet. Then I think back to when I had customers that were growing increasingly agitated while I worked my butt off building guns and theirs just wasn’t to the top of the list yet.
I’m sure the day it shows up you will never think back to the wait, you’ll be too busy planning your next build.

Probably because they’re busy building rifles and fielding a million “where’s my gun” emails and phone calls.

Just a little disappointed in VGW today. I have wanted a Vudoo V-22 rifle for awhile now. So I've read every thing I could find. Watched every Video I could find. Read every review I could find and read 6500+ posts on this thread.
While reading those 6500 posts did you reach a conclusion about the customer service that Vudoo never fails to deliver?

What sport are you aiming to do? Benchrest? PRS? Shoot the way you would shoot in one of those sports.

I shoot prone with a bipod and rear bag for all of my groups. But that's also the discipline I'm shooting which is more PRS oriented.
Just asking in general which did the Vudoo users on here use and prefer and did their choice make their groups smaller. Mainly I am shooting for fun now. Thanks for the response.

That's what I am relying on.

I am sure we all understand the frustration associated with waiting on a new rifle and having a delay, we have all been there (some of us many times). It sounds like this may be your 1st high end / custom rifle that you have personally ordered, if so this is going to be the norm. But trust me when I say the wait will be worth it. Use this time buying ammo, every week that passes either place an order for or put a little cash back for another brick (or whatever your budget allows) because do you know what is much worse than having to wait on your new rifle being built? Having your new rifle in hand but running out of ammo...

The wait will be worth it!

I am sure we all understand the frustration associated with waiting on a new rifle and having a delay, we have all been there (some of us many times). It sounds like this may be your 1st high end / custom rifle that you have personally ordered, if so this is going to be the norm. But trust me when I say the wait will be worth it. Use this time buying ammo, every week that passes either place an order for or put a little cash back for another brick (or whatever your budget allows) because do you know what is much worse than having to wait on your new rifle being built? Having your new rifle in hand but running out of ammo...

The wait will be worth it!
I have new glass. I have a new bipod. I have a new rifle case. I have a new Kestrel. I have a cabinet full of ammo. I did not say I was Mad. I said I was disappointed with a curt one word answer when I asked for an update on the progress of my rifle after the date they gave me passed. Was I wrong to expect more from their world class customer service?

Of all the firearms companies I have ever dealt or worked with, I can say unequivocally, Vudoo Gun Works has provided me with my best customer service experiences. Absolutley amazing.

I am thinking you either caught them in a busy moment or misinterpreted the one word response as terse when that wasn't their intention. It may have rubbed you the wrong way since you were feeling anxious but, just like texting or email, emotional states of those on the other end are hard to determine. I would be willing to bet... a lot... that there was no offense intended.

Naylor,
I'm very sorry that you're disappointed as it's incredibly rare that we miss a delivery. Typically, if we miss a delivery, we know well beforehand why a build will run longer than normal, but for the last number of months, we've been absolutely slammed due to a few things going on. First, and I hate even saying this word, "Covid." This is a word I've grown to hate, so much so that I place an expletive in front of it before I say it to my closer friends.

Second, our orders have easily tripled during a time that our purposely small supply chain has been taxed. We're incredibly selective about what vendors we use because every available vendor/shop is not qualified to manufacture every part. No different than validating who supplies our barrels, we validate every vendor and won't deviate from what we know will be the highest quality possible. We could easily just throw parts out to vendors like Mardi Gras, but then we'd be doing what everyone else does.

Third, the launch of the V-22S has the community in an uproar (in a good way), so our small staff in St George is taxed to the max. So, unfortunately, this lengthens our delivery time and introduces a few difficult-to-forecast challenges. The guarantee I can offer right now is, no one is more disappointed about your rifle taking longer than promised than the crew in St George. I know this because the completely out-of-character one word response of "covid" tells me they're frustrated with the situation.

Having said all this, the ownership is working to properly deal with the new challenges we're seeing. We've scaled our business five times in three years and have a plan to do it again, but it can't be a haphazard approach. If you think it might help, you can communicate directly with me and I'll keep track of your build from CT. I'm not in St George at the moment and, as I fine tune a few things I'm working on, I don't plan to be back out for another couple of weeks.

Again, I apologize that you're disappointed, we're addressing the source of the bottlenecks.

MB

Naylor,
I'm very sorry that you're disappointed as it's incredibly rare that we miss a delivery. Typically, if we miss a delivery, we know well beforehand why a build will run longer than normal, but for the last number of months, we've been absolutely slammed due to a few things going on. First, and I hate even saying this word, "Covid." This is a word I've grown to hate, so much so that I place an expletive in front of it before I say it to my closer friends.

Second, our orders have easily tripled during a time that our purposely small supply chain has been taxed. We're incredibly selective about what vendors we use because every available vendor/shop is not qualified to manufacture every part. No different than validating who supplies our barrels, we validate every vendor and won't deviate from what we know will be the highest quality possible. We could easily just throw parts out to vendors like Mardi Gras, but then we'd be doing what everyone else does.

Third, the launch of the V-22S has the community in an uproar (in a good way), so our small staff in St George is taxed to the max. So, unfortunately, this lengthens our delivery time and introduces a few difficult-to-forecast challenges. The guarantee I can offer right now is, no one is more disappointed about your rifle taking longer than promised than the crew in St George. I know this because the completely out-of-character one word response of "covid" tells me they're frustrated with the situation.

Having said all this, the ownership is working to properly deal with the new challenges we're seeing. We've scaled our business five times in three years and have a plan to do it again, but it can't be a haphazard approach. If you think it might help, you can communicate directly with me and I'll keep track of your build from CT. I'm not in St George at the moment and, as I fine tune a few things I'm working on, I don't plan to be back out for another couple of weeks.

Again, I apologize that you're disappointed, we're addressing the source of the bottlenecks.

MB
Mike thanks for your reply and concern. I can wait to get exactly what I wanted. Thanks again.

Reactions: jbell
Perhaps I bit disingenuous but as I wait for my V22S I try diligently to improve my marksmanship. What good is a world class rifle and all of the accessories including ammunition if you can't shoot worth shite? To belabor the obvious neither the V22S nor any other rifle alone will magically make one world class.

Last edited:
I waited 8 weeks for my vudoo before any of this pandemic crap. My opinion is your paying top dollar for a top of the line product and you want them to take the time to build it correctly. The wait is well worth the outcome. When you get that rifle and see how good it shoots you’ll see why you waited and it was worth it.

I have never shot off an adjustable front rest. Do those of you who shoot your Vudoo off a front bipod or a front rest to get groups, get a better group one way or the other? Is there a significant difference between using a front adjustable rest and using a bipod?
Secondly if you are getting your best groups using a front rest, what are you using for a rear rest, a v shaped rear bag or a traditional squeeze bag?
Thanks. I'm still a relative noob to this.
Good afternoon MLS2GO. I shoot both front Bipod, Atlas, and Adjustable Front Rest (and adjustable rear some times.) I have posts above that show my set up and targets(Above in this string). I have shot both Benchrest and our Mini-Palma Matches with my Vudoo Gen 1 with a MPA Chassis. I use the Bix'n Andy TacSport Pro 2 stage trigger. I use the Bipod in the Mini Palma and the PRS matches.

To me both are good. But the Adjustable front rest is more secure and a touch more stable. There are times I see advantages to each. Sometimes it is nice to not have to "fiddle" with the rests. In the Mini-Palma match we shoot at 100 yards. I am zeroed at 50 yards and use the MOA holdover on my scope. I have used the Vortex Viper PST II 5-25. I have moved to the Burris XTR III 5.5-30x56 scope. It has a 68 MOA holdover capability on the reticle. When shooting the Mini-Palma 100 yard match I use around a 6.2 MOA holdover. Obviously, this varies with wind. My guess is my new M/2400 upgrade rest will be very easy to run due to the adjustable sides. I can get it set exactly where I want it.

I use the Wally Brownlee's targetshooting.com rests. I have his One Piece Model 1000 LP, a Model 9 Mini rear rest, and a Model 1200, that I have upgraded to the Model 2400 by changing the top. See the String Below. I posted that last night.

When shooting a fixed distance like the Mini-Palma, I will put rubber risers under my rear bag to make the elevation change easier, and thus a bit more stable, without as much 'squeezing'. There is no time to do that on a PRS match and our rules are you have to do have just one bag in the rear in that match...

Hope this helps. All the best.... 4Certain

Last edited:
Reactions: MLS2GO and STex
I used to order custom recurve bows from Dale Dye of Montana with a wait time of 18 months each and custom knives from Ray Rogers with a wait time of 22 to 24 months so the wait time on a Vudoo would be a piece of cake to me.
A very long time to wait on the bows and knives but all were worth it to me.
My Joe Chacon 10/22 custom rifle took 11 weeks last year and it seemed pretty fast.

The best thing you can do while waiting on a vudoo is use the time to stockpile more ammo. You’ll forget all about the wait the first time you shoot it.

Reactions: 22fun
We've scaled our business five times in three years and have a plan to do it again, but it can't be a haphazard approach.
After I ordered my Vudoo in January of last year, I waited almost exactly seven weeks for delivery. In one of my conversations with Jill, I told her I would be happy to wait as long as it took for them to deliver a quality product. At the time, I had concern that Vudoo's phenomenal popularity and resultant growth would choke the company on its own success - and said so. Please, I said, take as long as you need for my rifle, and in the future, please grow carefully so customers two years - or ten years - out get the same top-rung product that has satisfied every single customer*. And that's happening. Once in awhile I feel like I need team up with @Rob01, go to CT, and throw a bag over Mike's head and lock him up in a forced vacation so he doesn't run himself totally into the dirt keeping customers happy - but each and every one of us is so extremely fortunate that he's that driven to do so.

* People do run into glitches. And no other vendor works harder than Vudoo to fix them, rtf NOW.

Last edited:
Maybe. For NRL/PRS type shooting I haven’t found it to really matter. Every lot of center x and SK I’ve ran has been perfectly acceptable.
Likewise for shooting matches. I don’t know that lot tested center x is going to make me shoot any better than non lot tested center x. I suck enough still that the ammo isn’t going to hold me back lol

I would rather wait to stockpile ammo when I had the gun in hand and knew what it likes. :)

I wouldn’t worry to much about ammo testing. My Vudoo shoots just about anything I put in it good enough for practice. In general anything made by Lapua/SK will shoot good enough for positional competition. I don’t even lot test with mine. I just buy a case and shoot. I have yet to get a lot of the SK ammo I like that doesn’t shoot better than 3/4 MOA at 100 yards consistently. Beyond 100 yards lot testing can pay off but once again, for positional shooting, targets past 100 yards are usually big enough that the ammo isn’t the deciding factor. Wind and the stability of your position will be a much bigger factor.

Reactions: Maxwell
Ooh Vudoo in action shot. Ran great.

1598664234065.png

Likewise for shooting matches. I don’t know that lot tested center x is going to make me shoot any better than non lot tested center x. I suck enough still that the ammo isn’t going to hold me back lol
I want to know what the velocity numbers look like for lot tested ammo. I’ve been really impressed with every random lot I’ve bought so far.

I’ve been shooting competitively 17 years and I can count on 2 hands the times that a company owner has been at a match with there customers. Mike B was at the NRL22 Nationals this weekend the day before tuning his firearms for his customers. That’s real customer service folks and you see less and less of it nowadays. There customer service is top notch the wait will be worth it. Trust me.

I’ve been shooting competitively 17 years and I can count on 2 hands the times that a company owner has been at a match with there customers. Mike B was at the NRL22 Nationals this weekend the day before tuning his firearms for his customers. That’s real customer service folks and you see less and less of it nowadays. There customer service is top notch the wait will be worth it. Trust me.

Thanks Chris, it was great to be there hangin with such an awesome group, sitting at a picnic table tuning up and checking out rifles. I would've loved to stay through the entirety of the match, but that was a busy weekend. I drove up to KY to work with Jamie and Ivan to complete what turned out to be a kick-ass V-22S Factory Hot Rod.

I resisted doing a single shot for various reasons and after I got into it a bit, realized that it had to be another ground-up design, not a "modified" V-22 repeater. The results in KY made it all worth it....

MB

Reading the one member's complaint about delivery delay, I was reminded of an Irish VP of Sales I worked with (I was the PM) at Ericsson.

On more that one occasion I witnessed him saying to customers "you can have it good, fast, and cheap.....pick two"

And no truer words have been said, IMO. haha

Cheers

Reading the one member's complaint about delivery delay, I was reminded of an Irish VP of Sales I worked with (I was the PM) at Ericsson.

On more that one occasion I witnessed him saying to customers "you can have it good, fast, and cheap.....pick two"

Cheers

Well.....vudoo ain’t cheap. So there goes that theory of 2......

Well.....vudoo ain’t cheap. So there goes that theory of 2......
hahaha....sorry, late night last night....never mind! LOL

I thought I was being witty, but looks more like I was a half-wit on that post.

But his point was that if you want it faster than our normal implementation timelines, its going to cost a premium. Our network equip was def not cheap in any way or at any time, but if you wanted it faster and done right, then it cost mo' money, honey.

Cheers

Last edited:
Good afternoon MLS2GO. I shoot both front Bipod, Atlas, and Adjustable Front Rest (and adjustable rear some times.) I have posts above that show my set up and targets(Above in this string). I have shot both Benchrest and our Mini-Palma Matches with my Vudoo Gen 1 with a MPA Chassis. I use the Bix'n Andy TacSport Pro 2 stage trigger. I use the Bipod in the Mini Palma and the PRS matches.

To me both are good. But the Adjustable front rest is more secure and a touch more stable. There are times I see advantages to each. Sometimes it is nice to not have to "fiddle" with the rests. In the Mini-Palma match we shoot at 100 yards. I am zeroed at 50 yards and use the MOA holdover on my scope. I have used the Vortex Viper PST II 5-25. I have moved to the Burris XTR III 5.5-30x56 scope. It has a 68 MOA holdover capability on the reticle. When shooting the Mini-Palma 100 yard match I use around a 6.2 MOA holdover. Obviously, this varies with wind. My guess is my new M/2400 upgrade rest will be very easy to run due to the adjustable sides. I can get it set exactly where I want it.

I use the Wally Brownlee's targetshooting.com rests. I have his One Piece Model 1000 LP, a Model 9 Mini rear rest, and a Model 1200, that I have upgraded to the Model 2400 by changing the top. See the String Below. I posted that last night.

When shooting a fixed distance like the Mini-Palma, I will put rubber risers under my rear bag to make the elevation change easier, and thus a bit more stable, without as much 'squeezing'. There is no time to do that on a PRS match and our rules are you have to do have just one bag in the rear in that match...

Hope this helps. All the best.... 4Certain

That helps a lot, thank you for taking the time to respond in such a detailed way!

That helps a lot, thank you for taking the time to respond in such a detailed way!
Thanks MLS2GO. The Vudoo is an amazing rifle and is good in a number of ways.
One thing I did not include was how I ride on the front rest. I have played with a number of "Bag Riders" that slide on the Slick front rest. I have used Aluminum and also various UHMW or Delrin plastic. Below is the current rider I am using. It works quite well. It is 3 inches wide to ride in most benchrest type set ups. Having a good stable front bag rider makes a big difference in how stable the rifle sits in the rest.
Have fun with the effort! 4Certain

Attachments

• Vudoo Bag Rider 1.jpg
    Vudoo Bag Rider 1.jpg
    579.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Vudoo Bag Rider 2.jpg
    Vudoo Bag Rider 2.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: MLS2GO and Baron23

Cheers
You missed the point of my post. The call was after the date they gave me and was for an update only . The disappointment was in the curt one word answer. Mike explained the delay and I am more than willing to wait. Thanks again Mike for your response.

You missed the point of my post. The call was after the date they gave me and was for an update only . The disappointment was in the curt one word answer. Mike explained the delay and I am more than willing to wait. Thanks again Mike for your response.
No, no my friend....not really pointed at you and yes, I do get the irritation of a one word reply on a multi-thousand dollar gun.

It just reminded me of what this guy used to say and I have over my life found it to be very true.

Cheers and I look forward to your very happy reports when you get this rifle.

Been thinking I need a bolt action 22 myself :)

For a real curt answer call the US Government with a question. This week I needed to speak with an IRS Rep, I called and was told by computer that due to high volume they could not answer and was hung up on. I thought this was a computer glitch but no, I tried two more times and was hung up on both times.

Last edited:
People who express political opinions should be banned. We are bombarded by political bullshit from all sides every hour of every day. This thread should be a sanctuary for civil, rational discussion as an antidote for said political bullshit.

Question ...figured this thread would be the best to ask.....there’s a few guys at local matches nrl and prs 22 matches that have expressed accuracy and mag issues with the vudoo ? Can anyone elaborate if this was or is a thing and if so was it fixed ? Curious before dropping $ on one

Accuracy issues? Never heard of any ever. Could it happen? Sure but highly unlikely and not an issue to worry about with a Vudoo.

The mags on the other hand have had issues with some chassis. I have never had an issue with them in Manners stocks with mini chassis but some of the actual chassis had mag figment issues that it’s been said adjustable mag catches have solved.

Reactions: tacops1
Accuracy issues? Never heard of any ever. Could it happen? Sure but highly unlikely and not an issue to worry about with a Vudoo.

The mags on the other hand have had issues with some chassis. I have never had an issue with them in Manners stocks with mini chassis but some of the actual chassis had mag figment issues that it’s been said adjustable mag catches have solved.
thanks for the fast reply that makes me feel better

as for the option, I want a manners mini chassis

so I guess it’s fair to say they are on that and will ensure it’s no issues before leaving

There is no problem with the Manners Mini Chassis. They work fine. Have had my Vudoo in 4 different stocks with the mini chassis and it runs. It’s the other chassis like MPA which were giving some issues. So if you are getting it in a Manners then I wouldn’t worry at all.