• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

keenedge, [...]
I was wanting a rifle with better balance, and the 22" #4 contour provided that, along with essentially the same great accuracy. This rifle weighs 10lbs with an Athlon 6-24x50 scope mounted in TPS TSR low aluminum rings and a loaded 10rd poly mag, and balances nicely when carried with my hand right in front of the magazine.

Thx a ton for the detail and pics, beautiful rifles and I've always liked Manners stocks. That front one in the pic with the Krieger is similar to the profile I'm looking for, so Manners EH2 I assume is roughly similar (=="crossover" or multi-purpose stock) to the VGW Sinister stock. As for barrel and balance, it sounds like either a slightly longer barrel if I go with a more sporter contour--as your 22" one. I wonder if the 18" Kukri, or MTU, would balance ok in the Sinister stock, that's the length that appeals most for this rifle. But I don't want it to end up terribly butt-heavy, and find that out AFTER spending north of 25 Benjamins 😁 That's where I'm hoping to eventually hear from somebody that has the sinister and knows the balance point, or hopefully Vudoo will get back to me with input on that.

I went with the PRS1T stocks because I'd gotten used to having the butthook on a number of McMillan A5 stocks over the years, and went with Manners T4A stocks for the same reason before going with the GAP PRS1T on my very 1st V-22. I like how much lighter they are than the standard shell T4As I have on my Bighorn CF match rifles. I also have a Manners EH1A on a custom M700 in 6XC that's a few ounces lighter than the PRS1T, and might also be an alternative if you're considering a stock with an adjustable cheekpiece, but want it as light as possible...this is a shot of that rifle in the EH1A stock, with 24" Krieger in a contour similar to sendero.

Attachments

• DSC_0247.JPG
    DSC_0247.JPG
    635.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Doin' that Vudoo thing in Colorado with @lowlight and Michael Bane from Shooting Gallery....this was loads of fun....

5551-E698-951-C-4712-A5-E0-A8241027256-B.jpg

2-A44-F5-DF-D339-445-C-B393-D471-A047-F001.jpg

E0-BBDBB9-1-E28-4-F48-9144-F87-F50786753.jpg

AE6-E31-F1-47-F2-412-E-A6-D4-666-D7-C65-B223.jpg

2-E0-DF2-A5-CAB0-46-CD-999-B-BDB50-E1-FB971.jpg

F6557067-B1-BD-4-D11-AAF8-32-E68-B307-DB1.jpg

Frank and I polished it off with another Podcast on The Everyday Sniper....you'll want to tune in to these episodes. The Shooting Gallery aires on The Outdoor Channel, but I have no dates just yet.

MB

Doin' that Vudoo thing in Colorado with @lowlight and Michael Bane from Shooting Gallery....this was loads of fun....

Frank and I polished it off with another Podcast on The Everyday Sniper....you'll want to tune in to these episodes. The Shooting Gallery aires on The Outdoor Channel, but I have no dates just yet.

MB

I shot my Vudoo out to 400 yards there with Frank back in late Feb/early March.

How was the wind? 🤠

I shot my Vudoo out to 400 yards there with Frank back in late Feb/early March.

How was the wind? 🤠

Not terrible earlier in the day, probably eight to 10. Later in the day it was gusty and twitchy; at times we were holding as much as three MILs at 300. Frank shot a nasty little head-shot group at 200....

MB

Last edited:
Zeroed the new HDMR CR with 25yd parallax today, rifle balances perfect now with the MPA UL rear end, lol. This rifle is so fun to shoot !!
PXL_20201107_154311042.MP.jpg

Reactions: 10ring1 and STex
Bangin steel at 400yds yesterday with the ol Vudoo and center x. 21ish Mils to get there and dialed 1.3mil for wind. Wind picked up at the end and had to hold an additional 1.5mil. It was a blast hearing the shot and then several seconds later hearing the faint “ting”.
7DD1198C-EE23-4B8E-AE4E-D6F42ECBAA87.jpeg

Miss those parts... Used to shoot the Raton monthly sporting match years ago, bumped into those TBAC guys, good folks, great designs. 315y is the furthest my Vudoo has reached, and easily my favorite rifle!

Reactions: Krob95

MB
I’ve shot with Michael Bane many times in both pistol and rifle competitions and he truly is just a really nice guy.

After reading damn near 7000 posts, I finally gave in and called Altus and ordered the Vudoo with 20” Kukri and TT Diamond. Few questions...

Look forward to seeing what all the buzz is about and retiring my Savage Mark II to the closet.

Vudoo made me a great deal on the Foundation Exodus stock. A perfect match for my Impact 6.5 build. =)

Last edited:
Mike, will there be a Gen 3 V22? Using some additional features from the V22S like 6 o'clock firing pin, 60* bolt throw, etc?

Reactions: JKW70 and Bmwe36as
Anyone have a picture of the MPA chassis that Vudoo offers with a 20 inch barrel?

keenedge, I built a few 22RF precision repeaters (Stiller 2500XR, two 40Xs converted to use V-22 mags) before finally buying a V-22 action and building it into a heavy competition rifle. I decided that I wanted a sporter weight V-22, so ordered a bbl'd action with 18" Ranch contour ACE bbl, and put it into a Manners EH2 stock. It was a hammer - I see absolutely no reason not to specify an ACE bbl for your rifle.

So after a few weeks of researching Vudoo options and other actions (looked at RimX, Anschutz 1761, others), I finally ordered my Vudoo. Got the Sinister config with the Grayboe Terrain stock, 18" Kukri Ace barrel, TT diamond procurve trigger. Perfect for my planned use. Also plan to later add an XLR Element 3.0 chassis, which matches my range gun setup. Now the wait begins. Is it ready yet? 😁

One question on the Grayboe stocks that VGW offers. Is it worth the extra cost to bed the action?

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Saw a lot asking about ammo. I just ran 10 different kinds at 50 and 100. Not that every rifle is the same...regardless all kinds shot really well and both yardages. I've been shooting the sk long range stuff as it was the most consistant for me anyway from.box to box on paper testing and beyond 100yrds.. Shot really well at 200 and good at 300 as well.
20201113_075833.jpg
20201113_075838.jpg
20201113_075905.jpg

Last edited:
Have people been shooting the CMP Eley standard with good results? I was at a match yesterday and people were mentioning (rumors) that Vudoo guys have been shooting the Eley with Center-X like results.

I'm just starting to catch up with this thread as I've been playing with a .300 PRC this summer. Our club (Quantico Shooting Club) is expanding matches and we ran a .22 NRL (Outlaw) yesterday to get our feet wet, learn a bit and get feedback. It went really well and we'll be having matches monthly! Hindsight is always 100%, but I should have shot the match. I was playing RSO instead, but I did bring my Vudoo. We had a 8" gong at 175y I wanted to shoot, so I borrowed a guys DOPE (5.2mils) and dropped 10 straight shots just right of center - should have shot the match...

IMG_3864-1364101.jpg

I've tried two different lots of the Eley CMP. One averaged .529" 5 shot groups @ 50 yds, the other .404" on a day with so so wind conditions. For the price I think it is excellent. Don't expect to to match lot selected Center-X or something, it's not magic but I think it is better than most things less than twice it's cost. It does close hard occasionally in the Ravage chamber though so don't expect to be extracting live rounds.

I'm digging your S&B PSR scope by the way. A couple years ago at ShotShow S&B's scopes got delayed a day and didn't arrive in time for range day. All they had was a couple of PSR limited edition 5-25's that were in one of the guys luggage. These were brand new and not intended to be demos but it was all they had so the threw them in some rings for range day. I thought it was fun. Probably less so for them.

I've tried two different lots of the Eley CMP. One averaged .529" 5 shot groups @ 50 yds, the other .404" on a day with so so wind conditions. For the price I think it is excellent. Don't expect to to match lot selected Center-X or something, it's not magic but I think it is better than most things less than twice it's cost. It does close hard occasionally in the Ravage chamber though so don't expect to be extracting live rounds.

I'm digging your S&B PSR scope by the way. A couple years ago at ShotShow S&B's scopes got delayed a day and didn't arrive in time for range day. All they had was a couple of PSR limited edition 5-25's that were in one of the guys luggage. These were brand new and not intended to be demos but it was all they had so the threw them in some rings for range day. I thought it was fun. Probably less so for them.

I bought two of the S&B overruns when they were available. The one on the V-22 was a left over from a bolt gun once I bought an AI. I noted it's parallax was down to 10 meters, so it found a home on the V-22.

Finished up my V-22 review and posted it yesterday.

That's quite a read and an impressive review, well done and thank you very much.

I didn't realise that a 1:9 twist barrel was an option until reading the review. Has anyone any experience with these? I'd be really interested to hear what they're like, how they shoot regular 40 grain lead ammo or if they're more designed for those new fancy solid copper bullets only?

Here are the results of the Lapua Test Center on my V-22. It's in a Grayboe Ridgeback stock with a 22" Ace barrel in MTU profile.
Great example of why you shouldn’t base your thoughts on whether a rifle loves a type of ammo, until you are able to try a few lots.

Reactions: rnaylor2
For those of you who sent your rifle to Lapua for testing, was it worth it? Also did Vudoo send it for you?

For those of you who sent your rifle to Lapua for testing, was it worth it? Also did Vudoo send it for you?

Yes.

For me not to spend my own time and $ buying lots of ammo and testing. Also Lapua has a bunch of lots that only they have that they test with and will sell. Trying to find 10 lots elsewhere, and to have the quantity in stock to buy is pretty hard...

My best lot to my worse lot was pretty significant - 22mm edge-to-edge vs 13mm at 50m. I had a lot stack 20 rounds in about 15mm, and I ordered 10,000 rounds of it.

It was a pretty significant investment of $ to buy 10,000 rounds, but to buy in bulk there's a cost savings, and also I never need to lot test again which is hours of time.

I shot about 1500 rounds of whatever ammo I had at home to 'break it in' and then I sent it to Lapua. They recommended that many rounds down the barrel before sending it there, but I don't really know if it's necessary for a Vudoo.

Reactions: KML7201
I will give the test center a big thumbs up. For me, I thought it was definitely worth it. But understand, the Marengo test center is only 90 miles from where I live. Luke started of by testing the ammo I brought. The best lot # of Center X I could find with my limited testing measured 17.16 mm at 50m and 30.24 mm at 100m. At the test center Luke found a lot that performed much better than the Center X I brought for testing. The best out of 3, 10 shot groups was as follows...14.18 mm at 50m and 28 mm at 100m. These are all edge to edge measurements. I guess the only thing I wish was different was the the distance. I would have liked to see the tests at 50 and 100 yards, not meters. Less than a week after testing a 43lbs box of ammo showed up at my door, I was all smiles. :) Two days later I shot my best 6X5 to date. Now I'm not saying it was the ammo, but it did happen. :unsure:

I have never been a fan of lot testing at the range. I always had to much stuff running through my head while measuring groups... was that me, was that the rifle, was it the wind? The worst is finding a good lot and then going to order you find out there is none left. The test center wont test a lot # unless they have a least a case to sell you. The test center process gives me confidence that I have the best lot that is available to me at that particular time of testing. When I run out of ammo I will do it again. Maybe I will find a better lot #, maybe I wont.

Lapua suggests having a minimum of 1000 rounds through the barrel prior to testing. I'm not sure if having VGW sending it with only a few test rounds through the barrel is a good idea. But I'm sure Lapua could tell you better.

Gjmen22

Reactions: rnaylor2
I sent mine to Meas Az. Deva tested 20 lots of Center-X and found one that shoots .262 10 round groups at 50 and .312 for 20 round groups at 50. I ordered 2 cases of that lot. The rifle testing and turn around was 2 weeks from the time I sent it till it was back at my door. Well worth it!

Reactions: Redfisher60
. Luke started of by testing the ammo I brought. The best lot # of Center X I could find with my limited testing
Gjmen22

Will they test other brands of ammo too? I've been shooting a lot of SK ammo that I think I have a pretty good lot of.

Reactions: GTI
Will they test other brands of ammo too? I've been shooting a lot of SK ammo that I think I have a pretty good lot of.
Yes, they will test other types of ammo too. I actually brought a few different types. I had a lot # of SK RM that I wanted to see how it did. It did okay. If it wasn't for the one flier, it was at 14 mm for a group of 10 at 50m. With the flier it was at 20.38 mm. That can be the problem with SK, you get that flier now and then. Luke also tested some RWS R50 in my Annie I brought for testing the same day. I think they encourage you bringing your best ammo no matter what manufacturer it is. They want to beat what you brought.

Gjmen22

Reactions: BillOH

MB
That's so cool. Can't wait to see it

I've read through a ton of this thread, but could have missed it with 138 pages so far. So, I apologize if I missed this topic.

Has anyone had a barrel chambered to run the CCI SV ammo. I know it's not anywhere near the stuff that most of you guys are running, and would be less accurate, but my appetite for shooting goes down considerably as the cost of ammo goes up. I think it would be awesome to have a barrel set up for the CCI SV so that it would feed it and eject it smoothly. I also have a very early Vudoo from 2017, so maybe there have been updates so CCI SV works better, I'm not sure.

What do you guys think? Anyone else interested? Anyone already figured this out?

I've read through a ton of this thread, but could have missed it with 138 pages so far. So, I apologize if I missed this topic.

Has anyone had a barrel chambered to run the CCI SV ammo. I know it's not anywhere near the stuff that most of you guys are running, and would be less accurate, but my appetite for shooting goes down considerably as the cost of ammo goes up. I think it would be awesome to have a barrel set up for the CCI SV so that it would feed it and eject it smoothly. I also have a very early Vudoo from 2017, so maybe there have been updates so CCI SV works better, I'm not sure.

What do you guys think? Anyone else interested? Anyone already figured this out?

We somewhat recently did a small run of hunting style rifles with a different chamber for those that would like to run other ammo. We have no immediate plans of doing that again, but let me give it a little thought.

MB

Reactions: NWnewguy

I know SK standard + is still more expensive than CCI SV, but that one chambers perfectly fine...

Otherwise, it'd be cheaper long run to just buy a Tikka T1X/CZ 457 which will shoot CCI SV as well as anything else...

I know SK standard + is still more expensive than CCI SV, but that one chambers perfectly fine...

Otherwise, it'd be cheaper long run to just buy a Tikka T1X/CZ 457 which will shoot CCI SV as well as anything else...

I hear what you're saying, but I can't use any chassis/stock and r700 trigger I have with a Tikka.

I'll have to look into the SK standard. My price on CCI SV is pretty nice though.

I hear what you're saying, but I can't use any chassis/stock and r700 trigger I have with a Tikka.

I'll have to look into the SK standard. My price on CCI SV is pretty nice though.

Agree... I was running CCI SV and had to make the jump SK+... I had 10K rounds of Center-X from lot testing, but I still shot through all of my SK+ instead of using my CX...

Though now that I got into centerfire, and I'm spending $1-1.50 a round on 308/6GT match ammo, I don't really think much about 22LR at only $5 for 50 rounds...