• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I have a couple of questions from a newbie. I’m going through break in. I found some targets online and print them myself. Im using the type in the picture. I place my dot in the middle of the square and see it perfectly but after a few shots the square gets eaten up by hole it’s hard to see exactly, so I move my point of impact below the square? Is that what guys do? Also I have a trigger tech Diamond. Best trigger I personally ever used. Vudoo tells me it left the factory at about a 1lb 6oz. Seems a little heavy. What do guys set theirs at?. I’m using guns just for targets.

here is a target at 100 yard. Mike Bush posted a pic of a guy who’s target at 100 was one small hole. I know it takes tons of practice and right ammo.Also How many shots does it take a vudoo to basically break in? Love this site and all the help. Thanks guys!
1D462F8B-B5BA-4DF5-B517-94F3BA8D0E99.jpeg

I have a couple of questions from a newbie. I’m going through break in. I found some targets online and print them myself. Im using the type in the picture. I place my dot in the middle of the square and see it perfectly but after a few shots the square gets eaten up by hole it’s hard to see exactly, so I move my point of impact below the square? Is that what guys do? Also I have a trigger tech Diamond. Best trigger I personally ever used. Vudoo tells me it left the factory at about a 1lb 6oz. Seems a little heavy. What do guys set theirs at?. I’m using guns just for targets.

here is a target at 100 yard. Mike Bush posted a pic of a guy who’s target at 100 was one small hole. I know it takes tons of practice and right ammo.Also How many shots does it take a vudoo to basically break in? Love this site and all the help. Thanks guys!
View attachment 7650561
This target you put the crosshairs in the center of the circle. Dial up so the group impacts at the square. That way you don’t chew out your aim point.

Break in is roughly 200 rounds for a Vudoo, just did my break in yesterday. Only shot at 25-50y due to wind so cant compare groups.

View attachment 7650561
I have my trigger tech set at 8 ounces.

What power scope are you all using for 100 and longer ranges

If I'm shooting paper for groups, then I'll just go to max magnification, 100% check my parallax free and just shoot.

View attachment 7650561

I've never broken in my Vudoo, just shot it off the bat and it always grouped well. Like someone else said, aim at the center dot, and dial your scope .4 mils up to make it group into the square. Or aim into the square and dial your scope .4 mils down to make it group into the bullseye.

The general average of a good paired up ammo 6x5 for a Vudoo at 100 yards is about .7-.75" avg. The average for a 6x5 at 50 yards is .25-.3"

4 certain, thank you. I presently using a Caldwell and find it sloppy but for its price, not bad.
as for scope I currently have a NF NFX 3.5-16 and find at 100yards I need more power .... old eyes so the question I had asked was what power are most using for that range and are you using a 30mm or34 mm tube 50 or 56 mm objective thanks Interested in the NF ATA CR 5- 25 but pricy

4 certain, thank you. I presently using a Caldwell and find it sloppy but for its price, not bad.
as for scope I currently have a NF NFX 3.5-16 and find at 100yards I need more power .... old eyes so the question I had asked was what power are most using for that range and are you using a 30mm or34 mm tube 50 or 56 mm objective thanks Interested in the NF ATA CR 5- 25 but pricy
think its up to you honestly but i use a NF ATACR 7-35 x 56 on my Vudoo. And a 32x Unertl on my Win 52

4.5-27x56 Vortex Razor Gen2. Mostly use the mid range but it is nice to bump up to 27 when zeroing and smaller targets at longer range.

Thanks, I use 20 plus on a S&B on my 22-250 single shot 40x bolt gun and can see much better

Good evening F4. I find having a very stable, no wiggle, rest is critical. One with wobble would drive me crazy. I would rather use a bipod than have a front rest with wiggle. And if a bipod, one that, again, is firm and stable with no slop.

I am with you on good scopes for older eyes. I certainly need it at 71. The fuzzy ones that do not focus well or are not clear drive me crazy. I have used the Vortex PST Gen II 5-25 FFP and it worked very well. I did move to a Burris XTR 3 with a 34 mm tube 5.5-30x 56mm. Side Focus FFP. SCR MOA Reticle. I personally prefer the MOA reticles as they give more fine aim points. I like the reticles with frequent numbers on them so I do not have to count too much. The XTR has like 68 MOA on the reticle.

I am not a Knob Twister. I use the reticle. I know folks say they track well. Excellent. But I do not use them except to zero. I cannot tell you how many times I have hear folks miss in a match because they forgot to reset their scope. The XTR will let me go a long way without twisting knobs.... Somewhere around 380 yards or so. (I have not shot it that far. I have made hits at 265 yards. I want to set up for some long shots but have not gotten there yet.) I find the glass on the XTR to be very clear and nice. I know the XTR is not 'cheap' but not quite as much as the NightForce or Zero Compromise. They start to exceed my pocket book... Not that I would not Like Them!! The old saying holds ever true: "Cheap is not Good and Good is not Cheap!!"
4Certain

Appreciate your info 71 is still young as I will turn 79 in a month . Would enjoy picking your brain some more. I will likely go with another Nightforce as they give a very nice military discount. I’m also getting very interested in the Voodoo single shot . With a number of issues, service connected , that have caused me to quit doing activities I enjoy, getting back to making small groups with a rifle is bringing a lot of pleasure and doesn’t aggravate the body.

Appreciate your info 71 is still young as I will turn 79 in a month . Would enjoy picking your brain some more. I will likely go with another Nightforce as they give a very nice military discount. I’m also getting very interested in the Voodoo single shot . With a number of issues, service connected , that have caused me to quit doing activities I enjoy, getting back to making small groups with a rifle is bringing a lot of pleasure and doesn’t aggravate the body.
Thank you for your service, F4. Sounds like it came at a price. May our kind Lord lift you up!

I certainly have enjoyed my Vudoo Single Shot with the Flavio Trigger. What a marvelous piece of equipment. I recently posted more pics of it on the Single Shot String. Paragraph 1881 plus others. The Blue Stock. Yes I have sold all my rifles that jump and kick. I much prefer the report of the Vudoo! I have one Nightforce on my Single Shot the Benchrest Nightforce. I have quite enjoyed that scope. The focus ring on the Objective end is much easier to focus with more movement than the side focus scopes. Never thought I would want to go back to an Objective Focus scope. But that one changed my mind....

Yup. 79 is a bit down the road from me. But neither of us are 50 any longer! Could not have afforded the Vudoos then....

I would be glad to visit with you. PM me and we can email or I will give you a phone and we can chat.
4Certain

Last edited:
Reactions: Sagittarius
4 Certain
Here is my email. [email protected] drop me a line and I will send you my phone number. I still have several center fire rifles but built up for accuracy as I have long since quit hunting , 22-250 is still my favorite caliber and I have a 40X I have had since 1981 that is re-bedded and re stocked and shoots 1/4" groups at 100 yds . cost of ammo even reloading is moving my back to rimfire

Reactions: 4Certain
I’d say that’s pretty optimistic. My Vudoo came back from the test center with the best lot of Center-X just under MOA at 50.
6x5 generally has a lot tighter groups than a 10 shot group. I think the supply at Lapua might be getting a little thin too.

The group sizes at Lapua are also measured edge to edge, but a 10 shot group, generally averaged at like .8moa.

Ammo# ShotsE-EC-C (inches)MOADHH - MeanMOA - Avg
SK+ Standard Plus1020.860.60025984251.0484770774.57
Pistol Match Special1020.50.58608661421.0237206236.85
Midas+ 11_265557022351015.060.37191338580.64962309993.880.8029755772
Midas+ 11_265557022351019.520.5475039370.95632805465.08
Midas+ 13_265557025461015.060.37191338580.64962309994.320.7534626697
Midas+ 13_265557025461018.080.49081102360.85730223968.52
Center-X 3_235557017331014.640.35537795280.62074057052.70.7944941995
Center-X 3_235557017331020.30.57821259841.0099670387.49
Center-X 3_235557017331016.560.43096850390.75277499054.85
Center-X 4_245555012821020.560.58844881891.0278466995.050.7738638214
Center-X 4_245555012821014.70.35774015750.62486664614.09
Center-X 4_245555012821015.340.38293700790.66887811945.45
Center-X 18_265557023821015.80.40104724410.70051136594.890.7005113659

1624376849770.png

1624376887482.png

1624376916658.png

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I think the supply at Lapua might be getting a little thin too.

Agreed. Of the 6 lots of Center-x tested, only 1 lot came in under 20. (15.25, and that's the lot I picked.) Midas + was worse, none came in under 20 and 100 yards was terrible.

tempsnip.png

Agreed. Of the 6 lots of Center-x tested, only 1 lot came in under 20. (15.25, and that's the lot I picked.) Midas + was worse, none came in under 20 and 100 yards was terrible.

View attachment 7652553
Wow that's horrible... I am scared when I run out of my lots now... I had like 18 lots tested in August of 2020 and it looked like this. I have only 10K left, but also a new Vudoo coming in August that I hope will like my current ammo.

1624379310985.png

1624379339601.png

Wow that's horrible... I am scared when I run out of my lots now... I had like 18 lots tested in August of 2020 and it looked like this. I have only 10K left, but also a new Vudoo coming in August that I hope will like my current ammo.

View attachment 7652570

View attachment 7652571
Here is mine from April. They tested 20 lots and the best was 13.96mm edge to edge or .263 center to center.
CCI_000002.jpg
CCI_000002.jpg

So I guess I’m feeling a little lucky. I am a photographer and I already own the Really Right Stuff carbon tripod and Ballhead. So with that I might as well get a plate for my 360 Greyboe Renegrade stock. So what plate do I want to order? When I look at these matches and see the equipment these guys are investing it’s quite sobering I know how much really good photo equipment cost.

any Recommended plates?
thanks,
keith

So I guess I’m feeling a little lucky. I am a photographer and I already own the Really Right Stuff carbon tripod and Ballhead. So with that I might as well get a plate for my 360 Greyboe Renegrade stock. So what plate do I want to order? When I look at these matches and see the equipment these guys are investing it’s quite sobering I know how much really good photo equipment cost.

any Recommended plates?
thanks,
keith
Sawtooth makes a nice arca rail, as does area 419. Both top quality.

any Recommended plates?
thanks,
keith
I'm having an Area419 arca plate put on my Vudoo right now.

Area 419 makes a good ARCA rail. You can easily install it yourself at home.

What size? I see they make several sizes. I assume 12”

I have a 12” on my Vudoo but 14” on my other rifles. I wish I would have gotten a 14” for the Vudoo but they were out of stock and I needed it.

Thanks guys. That really helps. This is my first Vudoo.……… Funny as I’m typing this I catch myself saying first, I feel I might be saving for another. Sounds Like Mike is really got some cool things around the corner

Reactions: Badjujuu

View attachment 7650561
You need better ammo to realize the accuracy potential of your Vudoo

View attachment 7652570

View attachment 7652571
I mailed mine in this morning. I’m hoping for good results. Do they give you any velocity info?

The Lapua test center is good for a baseline and to see what works for lots but honestly I am not sold that it’s the last word. We went and had ours tested and I brought an old lot of Center X that I had to test on their set up. The lot shot good prior. They tested it while doing others and it didn’t do well at all. I went home after the testing and shot it myself and it shot tighter than when in their block set up. So not sure it tells the whole story but it’s worth doing especially if you are getting Lapua ammo from them.

Hi everyone, received my new Three 60 and it shoots really well. However, I have intermittent ejection issue where the empty casing will end up backwards in the action and impede the next round from feeding. Does anyone know why this might be? I tried to film it with my phone but I can't make out what's happening. My buddy said it may be the case hitting the magazine before the extractor, so I played around with the mag height (using the MPA adjustable mag catch) but it doesn't seem to help. It usually only happens when I run the bolt quickly like while shooting a PRS stage. Thanks in advance for any advice!

The Lapua test center is good for a baseline and to see what works for lots but honestly I am not sold that it’s the last word. We went and had ours tested and I brought an old lot of Center X that I had to test on their set up. The lot shot good prior. They tested it while doing others and it didn’t do well at all. I went home after the testing and shot it myself and it shot tighter than when in their block set up. So not sure it tells the whole story but it’s worth doing especially if you are getting Lapua ammo from them.
That is such good info. I assume that you bought ammo that bested your control ammo shot from their device. If so is it out performing your control ammo? Maybe it is too early but I would appreciate the answer to that one when you have it.

I would speculate that the benchrest crowd used to make up a greater percentage of their ammo testers and there is nothing to say that the test methodology is equally transferable to different disciplines.

Hi everyone, received my new Three 60 and it shoots really well. However, I have intermittent ejection issue where the empty casing will end up backwards in the action and impede the next round from feeding. Does anyone know why this might be? I tried to film it with my phone but I can't make out what's happening. My buddy said it may be the case hitting the magazine before the extractor, so I played around with the mag height (using the MPA adjustable mag catch) but it doesn't seem to help. It usually only happens when I run the bolt quickly like while shooting a PRS stage. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Might not help you but when I got mine I forgot to lube it before running to the range to try it out.

Between the new ceracote and lack of lube the bolt travel was not smooth and I had a couple instances like you are talking about.

Brought it home cleaned and lubed it and now the bolt is very smooth and no more issues.

Reactions: Schütze
Is your scope knob directly over the chamber port? I have had several rimfires when this is the case, the brass is bouncing off the scope and back into the chamber.

Reactions: JBoomhauer
That is such good info. I assume that you bought ammo that bested your control ammo shot from their device. If so is it out performing your control ammo? Maybe it is too early but I would appreciate the answer to that one when you have it.

I would speculate that the benchrest crowd used to make up a greater percentage of their ammo testers and there is nothing to say that the test methodology is equally transferable to different disciplines.

No I didn’t buy any ammo as the lots tested shot ok but nothing out of the ordinary so I just kept using the ammo I had on hand at home.

And for the ejection issue, as mentioned check the windage knob of the scope for any marks to see if they are bouncing off and popping back in. Running them fast should be sending them out. Most have issues with babying the bolt and it can do it buy Vudoos don’t need to be babied. If it keeps up give Vudoo a call.

Like others have said the possibility of the case contacting something on it's way out, like the windage knob if your scope is really low or the corner of a beefy one-piece mount that crosses the entire port. Maybe occasionally your bolt stroke is not smooth, new action, new cerakote, sometimes there can be some sticky spots in the beginning.