• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I got an email yesterday that my build will be another 2 weeks due to some part just becoming available. Mind you I was told that the build was to start a month ago, as all parts were ready. We are now looking at 5 plus months since the order was placed and deposit was paid, and 2.5 months since I paid the full balance. I sure hope it is worth it, as I’m considering just selling it when it comes in.

Gen 2 with a 22” MTU barrel and 40 MOA base in sniper gray. No changes since first order was placed.

Once you get it the last thing you do will think about selling it. 😉

You have to remember they are custom rifles and sometimes things happen with supply chain even if they think they had all the parts. Even 5 months is not long on a custom. I know that doesn’t help the anticipation but once it arrives you will forget all this.

Attachments

• 0754E423-260D-48E9-B574-CA45496F77DF.jpeg
    0754E423-260D-48E9-B574-CA45496F77DF.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 85
However...
@RAVAGE88 - I purchased 4 12rd and 15rd aluminum magazines and none of them fit into the Vudoo dbm. Not even close or sorta-snug-fit. Just does not enter the hole at all. Plastic magazines work great, though! I'll send an email, too.
Very interesting....shoot me an email ([email protected]) and I'll make sure you get squared away.

Sorry for the hassle....

MB

I received my Three 60 BA last week (18” Kukri, not marked so I’m assuming Ace barrel) and put it into a KRG Bravo, with a Trigger Tech Special. Accuracy is great-to-unbelievable (to me). This weekend I shot my first .1xx groups in my life. It really quickly changes your perspective on group size. Now, if I shoot. 5-shot 50 yard group of .5”, I go “ugh, I blew that one “. My first 15 five-shot groups averaged .348” at 50yd with a variety of ammo. Std+ gave some amazing groups but wasn’t consistent. SK Long Range and RM, along with Center-X were consistently in the .2-.3” range.
The only issue I’ve had so far is with weak ejection. Some cases go flying, some kind of fall out, and some stay inside pointing backwards. I’m in communication with VGW regarding this issue and am confident we’ll get it worked out. Overall though I’m really happy with my purchase.

In the for what it is worth dept, I’m finding that Eley does not feed in my Vudoo from the magazine. The flat nose hangs up. Labuan and SK feed and shoot great. Looking forward to trying Eley when my Vudoo single shot arives

In the for what it is worth dept, I’m finding that Eley does not feed in my Vudoo from the magazine. The flat nose hangs up. Labuan and SK feed and shoot great. Looking forward to trying Eley when my Vudoo single shot arives
Vudoo sells an Eley-specific mag follower if you decide that's a road you want to travel down with your repeater while waiting for your single shot.

And sometimes it’s the mag/stock/chassis connection as some will not be in the right position and cause issues. My Vudoo feeds Eley just like it feeds Center X and that’s not with any special mag or follower.

Reactions: Bob huth
I’m finding that Eley does not feed in my Vudoo from the magazine. The flat nose hangs up.

On mine, doing the "button snap" or "mag tap" fixes the orientation enough to solve the problem. See Vudoo's video here:

Mine feeds Eley as well as anything else. I'm using the poly magazines.

Vudoo sells an Eley-specific mag follower if you decide that's a road you want to travel down with your repeater while waiting for your single shot.
My Gen I repeater doesn’t chamber Eley, not without a lot of force. I think it feeds OK though.

Got to the outdoor range today. Tested it at 50, 75 & 100 yards. SK Pistol Match was decent, SK Rifle Match, not so much. 20 lanes, all full, most people shooting ARs and AKs, I think I was the only one with a .22lr...had a guy with an AR-10 on the bench to my left the whole time I was there. Muzzle brake blew my hat off...so it wasn't ideal.

10 round groups today. Red boxes for each distance 50, 75, 100 yards…red circles were SK Rifle Match, green circle was the first three rounds for zero at 50…disregard. Everything else was SK Pistol Match.

The SK Pistol Match was pretty decent…all things considered. The SK Rifle match was not very good, it wasn’t as good as CCI-SV through my 10/22 Target last fall either. Maybe it’s just not a very good “lot” of SK-RM.

Overall a pretty fun morning, wind was 0-2 mph from the right (260º West), 72º F, Pressure 29.88, humidity 80%...according to the Kestrel 5700 Elite.

Magneto Speed V3 wouldn't register any shots...working on figuring that out.
I set my Magneto Speed V3 on sensitivity #6 and that solved it for me.

Reactions: Cowpokey
Cleaned the V22 Three 60 today...after the first 500 rounds. Bore guide makes it nice. Should have set up the GoPro, a miniature CLOUD of soot came out the end with the first pass of pushing the nylon brush out the end. LOL. Boretech Rimfire Blend on a "mop" back and forth though the chamber and barrel, let it "soak" for a bit, scrubbed it with the nylon brush again, then ran patches though (changed at each end) until they were clean. So much easier than our rimfire race guns.

Reactions: NiteQwill
Lessons Learned. Oil in Bix n Andy TacSport Pro Trigger.

Guys, In the old days, I would never clean my 22's. "Didn't need it..."... Once I started shooting PRS with my Vudoo Repeater and Benchrest with my Vudoo Single Shot, I discovered that most shooters that are very interested in accuracy, clean their guns. Seems the Benchrest crowd, really clean their guns.

So, in the last several years, I have become an avid gun cleaner. And as Mike Bush says, Do it well, but Do No Damage. Mike has given us good info on cleaning and lubing.

I have always tried to not over do the chemicals. Clean the barrel with non-corrosive 22LR cleaner. Use the Bore Tech Carbon Remover if dealing with the Carbon Ring in front of the Chamber. Then Dry Patch the barrel very good and end with a very light coat of light weight high quality oil....

I put a Bix n Andy TacSport Pro Trigger in my Gen 1 Repeater in March 2020. Wonderful, Marvelous Two Stage Trigger. Loved and love it.

But our PRS Match Director passed away. (Damn, I miss Kim!!) And the PRS matches languished. I shot my Vudoo Single shot more. Got a Tapered Barrel Gen 2 Repeater for maybe Silhouette... Been shooting that. Then decided to shoot my original Gen 1 some more. PRS matches starting back. And my Bix n Andy trigger was a bit stiff or sticky or sluggish or... However you want to describe it. See attached pics.

So I did some reading and watched the Bix n Andy Cleaning Video on the Bullet Central Site.

Finally had a bit of time this morning and took the world apart. Interesting... There was quite a bit of oil in my trigger. Ugg. So I used my favorite Lucas Contact Cleaner... ... Leaves no residue... Got it all dry and pristine and put back together... Marvelous. All back to its old normal wonderful self. Smooth, crisp, precise. Wonderful first stage. Nice stack and easy clean break on the second stage.

So what happened? How did I get all that oily residue in my trigger??

I have heard the BnA Triggers are more prone to allowing in oil from the top. 10-4. But I did not think I was using that much... I do not slobber it all over... Was it just that little bit of oil draining out of the barrel??

I do store my gun in the safe without the bolt in it. Bolt gets in the way. Bumps into other guns. I know, too much fun in the safe... But it is what it is. So, what do I do now?

One thing I am going to do is put a Paper Towel or something over the top of the trigger and in the bolt cavity so when stored so if it does run down it will not go into the trigger, or at least as bad. I suppose I could store it Barrel Down. That seems weird and a set up for a gun to fall...

I will start paying careful attention to how much chemicals are loose in there. Cleaner or Oil...
Still learning and figuring out the best way to go after it...
Stay Safe. Stay Well. Get your Shot. And Keep you guns clean! Ha!
4Certain2021 8 14 Bix n Andy TacSport Pro Trigger. Dirty. Oily..jpg2021 8 14 Bix n Andy TacSport Pro Trigger. Dirty. Oily.2.jpg

Defender3 shooting LR with a RF is a great training tool for shooting in the wind.Keep at it bro and you will get better at it.Great looking setup.

Reactions: Defender3
I agree with you, Defender. It is not clean and easy.
I have tried setting up hanging plates at different distances on a windy day and looking at how and where the hold-off's need to be.
A good set of sensitive flags help as well. Must be well balanced. And change quickly with the wind changes. Some flags are way to heavy...
4Certain

Reactions: Defender3
Cleaned my 360 last week and now I’m regretting it went to the range last night and accuracy dropped of a little. Nothing crazy on the cleaning used a bore guid and bore tech iv heard it takes some rounds down the tube before accuracy returns to normal? Anybody else run into this? How many rds before it comes back to normal?

Reactions: Matt_3479
Odd the differences with the same ammo in the same chambers. I still use Eley without issue.

Cleaned my 360 last week and now I’m regretting it went to the range last night and accuracy dropped of a little. Nothing crazy on the cleaning used a bore guid and bore tech iv heard it takes some rounds down the tube before accuracy returns to normal? Anybody else run into this? How many rds before it comes back to normal?

I try not to clean my vudoo actually. I clean the action, bolt, but leave barrel till I have too due to this.

I try not to clean my vudoo actually. I clean the action, bolt, but leave barrel till I have too due to this.
Same. I also stick a brush and patch in the chamber to wipe that down too. If changing ammo type I pull a bore snake through a couple times to get old ammo's lube out.

Reactions: Matt_3479
For working on the Carbon Ring, I soak Felt Pellets in The Bore Tech Carbon Remover and slip them into the barrel right ahead of the chamber. I let them sit for 15 minutes then brush with a nylon brush if needed. Felt Pellets are Tipton or VFG .22 Cal. Felt Rifle Cleaners at Champions Choice.
http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx?p=ItemDetailOptions&item=V520
I soak one at a time and put in three using my cleaning rod. Seems to work pretty well on mine...
4CertainFelt Pellets.jpg

Very Nice! Excellent Shooting.
What ammo does your V22S like?
What Rest Set Up were you using?
4Certain.
It's not a V22S, it's a V22R (repeater) 360 in "Ravage Ridgeback" configuration. At the current stage of barrel break-in, it likes SK Long Range Match better than the various lots of Center-X or Midas+ or other SK or RWS ammo I've tried in it. The rest setup was a SEB MINI front rest, and a HoleShot Arms mechanical rear rest (I *do* like making most of my adjustments using that rear rest's knobs!). Unlike my CZ 457 which likes to "free float" on that rest setup, my Vudoo does better with firm shoulder support.

Reactions: 4Certain
I took my Vudoo 360 to the range today after our monthly AR-15 match.

I was also playing with my new SEB Joy-Pod. Should be fun to shoot some rimfire F-TR when my Vudoo single shot shows up.

I found a piece of steel at 300 yards and I had some old Eley Edge laying around. Seemed to work ok. Thats about a 3.5 inch group for 10 shots.

XyxsVgX.jpg

v93dvNf.jpg

Got to the outdoor range today. Tested it at 50, 75 & 100 yards. SK Pistol Match was decent, SK Rifle Match, not so much. 20 lanes, all full, most people shooting ARs and AKs, I think I was the only one with a .22lr...had a guy with an AR-10 on the bench to my left the whole time I was there. Muzzle brake blew my hat off...so it wasn't ideal.

10 round groups today. Red boxes for each distance 50, 75, 100 yards…red circles were SK Rifle Match, green circle was the first three rounds for zero at 50…disregard. Everything else was SK Pistol Match.

The SK Pistol Match was pretty decent…all things considered. The SK Rifle match was not very good, it wasn’t as good as CCI-SV through my 10/22 Target last fall either. Maybe it’s just not a very good “lot” of SK-RM.

Overall a pretty fun morning, wind was 0-2 mph from the right (260º West), 72º F, Pressure 29.88, humidity 80%...according to the Kestrel 5700 Elite.

Magneto Speed V3 wouldn't register any shots...working on figuring that out.
I had the same experience as you, however it didn’t blow my hat off, The concussion was not fun. I need to see about expanding for a small caliber lane. The gun range is for everybody I get that. When the big bores come out with brakes it can be brutal. When one guy was shooting his 50BMG with brake EVERYBODY got back behind

I took my Vudoo 360 to the range today after our monthly AR-15 match.

I was also playing with my new SEB Joy-Pod. Should be fun to shoot some rimfire F-TR when my Vudoo single shot shows up.

I found a piece of steel at 300 yards and I had some old Eley Edge laying around. Seemed to work ok. Thats about a 3.5 inch group for 10 shots.

XyxsVgX.jpg

v93dvNf.jpg
Very nice grouping @ 300yds.Well done.

Looks like my aluminum magazine issues are not the magazine itself but the Vudoo bottom metal is out of spec (out magazine catch/release).
PXL_20210816_090923164.jpg

So I have a new scope base coming today does anyone know the torque spec for the screws.
Depends on the scope base, but I would expect 65 inch pounds for mounting it to the rifle, and 18-25 inch pounds for the scope itself. What base make/model are you using? The torque spec is probably in the instruction manual for the base.

I had about the same answer ready and deleted it because I think he may be asking about scope rail to receiver. Please verify what you really need OP.

Base to rifle is not 65 in/lbs. Do not do that. Most base to rifle specs are in the 15-25 in/lbs area. I would suggest using some blue loctite so you don’t have to worry about any loosening.

Base to rifle is not 65 in/lbs. Do not do that. Most base to rifle specs are in the 15-25 in/lbs area. I would suggest using some blue loctite so you don’t have to worry about any loosening.
Thats why I also said the torque spec should be in the scope base manual. The Warne Mountain Tech rings I used to mount the scope on my Vudoo specify 65 inch pounds for rings to rail. I agree with you on the 15-25 in/lbs however, most of my bases/rings specify 25 inch pounds to rail. 15-25 inch pounds is usually what the rings/base to scope.

Reactions: Sagewind
Thats why I also said the torque spec should be in the scope base manual. The Warne Mountain Tech rings I used to mount the scope on my Vudoo specify 65 inch pounds for rings to rail. I agree with you on the 15-25 in/lbs however, most of my bases/rings specify 25 inch pounds to rail. 15-25 inch pounds is usually what the rings/base to scope.
He was asking for the base to the rifle. Not scope rings.

20 in/lbs is a good area for a base to rifle.