• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

My $900 was for shipping both ways, the barrel, going over the action and all labor and testing. That's what I was referring to above, when we were talking about what it takes to "fix" a B-14R. IMO the B14R is a fantastic action to build off of. Mark Penrod said nothing needed to be done with my action. I know it is smooth as silk, when moving the bolt back and forth it won't bind up even when putting pressure up or down on the bolt.

I've have approximately $2500 in that rifle as shown minus the scope, base and rings.

I checked out DP Gunworks and looks like they do have competitive prices for what they do. Only thing I'd have to do is inquire about the "Custom Bentz Chamber" I'd have to know what "custom" means. Looks like for comparable builds the B-14R is roughly $500 cheaper than the Vudoo.
I agree with you and that is why I am looking at getting one. I appreciate the time you have taken to explain your experience with the B14R. I am just going to order the DPG custom and skip the hassle. just need to see what barrels & chassis are available. thanks.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
Does anyone have a drawing or dimensions for vudoo bottom metal inletting? I have emailed VGW asking for one, but haven't heard back. If anyone has anything, could you email it to [email protected]

Got bored waiting on my 360 barreled action to arrive. (Hopefully today) Got out the rattle cans and sponges. Seems KRG Xray chassis are rare enough on Vudoo's for some reason. This one in particular certainly won't get lost in the rack.

Attachments

• 20220707_162358.jpg
    20220707_162358.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 124
  • 20220707_162327.jpg
    20220707_162327.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 145
Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Does anyone have a drawing or dimensions for vudoo bottom metal inletting? I have emailed VGW asking for one, but haven't heard back. If anyone has anything, could you email it to [email protected]
I doubt that there's any difference between VGW's DBM & the Badger M5 inlet. Could be wrong, but it doesn't make a lot of sense for VGW to design something that's not compatible with what's probably the most popular DBM inlet in the world. It would defeat a large part of the advantage of making the V22 action work in any stock with a M700 Rem inlet.

I doubt that there's any difference between VGW's DBM & the Badger M5 inlet. Could be wrong, but it doesn't make a lot of sense for VGW to design something that's not compatible with what's probably the most popular DBM inlet in the world. It would defeat a large part of the advantage of making the V22 action work in any stock with a M700 Rem inlet.
The DBM allows for closer fit of their mags. I have both, I prefer the Vudoo inlet.

bDFC5yI.jpeg

Here's what it says on the Vudoo website for their bottom metal:These are not an exact Badger M5 footprint, they are a Vudoo specific footprint and will require inletting. My gunsmith had to modify the inlet on my Grayboe stock.

Here's what it says on the Vudoo website for their bottom metal:These are not an exact Badger M5 footprint, they are a Vudoo specific footprint and will require inletting. My gunsmith had to modify the inlet on my Grayboe stock.
Outstanding, facts over speculation! Good job, well done.

Does anyone make a bent/offset bolt handle for the V360? I'd like to angle mine down a bit and have plenty of room in the chassis bolt slot /cutout.

I agree with you and that is why I am looking at getting one. I appreciate the time you have taken to explain your experience with the B14R. I am just going to order the DPG custom and skip the hassle. just need to see what barrels & chassis are available. thanks.

Watching the video, the B14r is still pretty clunky even after all that work when compared to a RimX or Vudoo...

Reactions: bwall57
Thanks for posting. How do you like the JOYPOD?

I am really happy with it. Really nice for square range type matches. I have been catching the occasional rimfire F-Class match with my Vudoo Single Shot.

The SEB NEO front rest is also a work of art, much nicer than the old Farley Co-Ax that I was using.

What's the cutout on the bottom side of the bore guide for? Right over where the mag would seat. Seems like cleaning solution would drip out.

I would imagine that is so your bore guide will clear your ejector. I have a bore guide with out the cutout so I remove my ejector every time I clean. It really helps keep the solvent out of my action.

Shane

Last edited:
What's the cutout on the bottom side of the bore guide for? Right over where the mag would seat. Seems like cleaning solution would drip out.
I have 3 different bore guides all have that. With mag. fed I turn rifles upside down so I can use cleaning fluid from empty mag wells.

Reactions: ccollier
I have an extra 18” spiral fluted ace Kurkri barrel that was fitted to my action before changing barrels, is there any value to them? I will not be using again. It shot great but I wanted longer and heavier for balance. TIA

Keep it when you want to run light. Someone might buy it for 200 and pay Vudoo to recut the chamber and time it to their action. A new blank is like 300. That will drop it from like an 18" to a 16.5"

This is an update on my Three60, new last November ... I haven't posted on it since April 4, post 9372.

We are at 20k rounds and I have been tuning/testing three random lots of CenterX. All shoot the same as far as I can tell. Each lot has been shot for score at least a dozen times and the scores/statistics are comparable. I'm shooting the F Class smallbore target at 50 yards. This afternoon I shot my best yet in a light rain, 400-37x and the 40 shot composite group had an average to center of .099 inches.

This is a Vudoo 360, 22 inch Kukri, B and A Competition trigger, NF 15-55, Foundation stock, Harrel tuner with added weight. I'm just flopped out on the forest floor with 5 wind flags, a Rempel bipod and a bag of rice for a rear bag.

I have had no fail to fire or eject. I started out with SK and when I switched to CenterX I experienced some magazine issues. Nothing major or frequent and I suspect my mags are due a good cleaning.

CCI_000235.jpg
CCI_000236.jpg

This is an update on my Three60, new last November ... I haven't posted on it since April 4, post 9372.

We are at 20k rounds and I have been tuning/testing three random lots of CenterX. All shoot the same as far as I can tell. Each lot has been shot for score at least a dozen times and the scores/statistics are comparable. I'm shooting the F Class smallbore target at 50 yards. This afternoon I shot my best yet in a light rain, 400-37x and the 40 shot composite group had an average to center of .099 inches.

This is a Vudoo 360, 22 inch Kukri, B and A Competition trigger, NF 15-55, Foundation stock, Harrel tuner with added weight. I'm just flopped out on the forest floor with 5 wind flags, a Rempel bipod and a bag of rice for a rear bag.

I have had no fail to fire or eject. I started out with SK and when I switched to CenterX I experienced some magazine issues. Nothing major or frequent and I suspect my mags are due a good cleaning.

View attachment 7919068View attachment 7919069
Good shooting, The data really highlights how consistent your setup is and your marksmanship skills are. Outstanding. Nice to see how a 22inch barrel performs, what brand is it? I am thinking of getting another 360 and was looking going with a 22 inch barrel. What software are you using and did you run any chrono data; ES, FPS. thx

Last edited:
Reactions: Trung Si Ma
Good shooting, The data really highlights how consistent your setup is and your marksmanship skills are. Outstanding. Nice to see how a 22inch barrel performs, what brand is it? I am thinking of getting another 360 and was looking going with a 22 inch barrel. What software are you using and did you run any chrono data; ES, FPS. thx
Thanks.
The barrel is an ACE ... Vudoo's in house offering.
The software is On Target - TDS. I think being able to 'stack' all 40 shots into one group gives me the best of all worlds for evaluation. I get 5 shot groups, 40 shot composite, and score. which is my ultimate objective.
Sorry, no chronograph in my set up.

New bore guide from Battle Engineering. Squares up to the face of the barrel with no opening for fluid to fill your action. And fits all gens of vudoos.

Attachments

• B904C3EB-A2EB-4682-B308-88212150EA3F.jpeg
    B904C3EB-A2EB-4682-B308-88212150EA3F.jpeg
    585.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 23981CA5-91F6-4D77-A938-671720BB0DFE.jpeg
    23981CA5-91F6-4D77-A938-671720BB0DFE.jpeg
    413.1 KB · Views: 107
New bore guide from Battle Engineering. Squares up to the face of the barrel with no opening for fluid to fill your action. And fits all gens of vudoos.
This looks great but if the ID of the aft piece is not a slip fit for the cleaning rod, or at very least bore diameter it really isn't doing much to protect your bore. This is the main thing that most bore guides get wrong. In order to keep the rod from rubbing the bore it needs to be properly supported at the action.

Reactions: rust4brains

Now the important question Chris. How much? 😁 I really like that set up compared to the Bore Tech.

Reactions: Midwestside
For anyone wondering cost is $40.
That's a lot of money but would be worth it if it does what it claims. I haven't cleaned mine yet because none of the dozen or so bore guides I have will not fit to my satisfaction.

Last edited:
That's been my biggest heartburn with that design. Even with this new one I will try to take a look at ways to seal off the guide to the barrel/chamber area.

I didn't know mags for Vudoo were available anywhere other than VGW.
Yup they are. Mile High has them as do other places like Altus. Not the 15 rounders though.

Thanks for the info. I will say that I heard VGW was having manufacturing issues with the larger mags. I don't remember if they posted it on the site or if it came up in conversation when I ordered several more 10 rounders recently.

Thanks for the info. I will say that I heard VGW was having manufacturing issues with the larger mags. I don't remember if they posted it on the site or if it came up in conversation when I ordered several more 10 rounders recently.

They are doing a redesign of the larger aluminum mags and probably why the old 15 rounders can't be found now.

Reactions: crackerbrown
More good info - thanx.
As long as the subject of aluminum mags came up - Anyone with experience of both aluminum and composite have a preference and why? All mine are composite.

I like my aluminum 12 and 15 rd mags over the plastic by far.
I'm of the opposite opinion. Prefer the plastic. The only con is the 10 round limit. To be clear, I have not had any issues with any of the metal or plastic. Just my preference.

I like both. I have my 15 round aluminum when high round count is needed and have a +1 and +2 adapter on a couple poly mags along with other 10 round poly mags.

Problem is the +2 adapters dont really do shit unless you remove the loading button, which then makes loading the mags a real bitch.

I can't believe I didnt order some when Mile high had them a few months ago.

Yup I use the 12 rounder as last resort as it's a pain to load and I have to use a pen to get the follower down.

Well that doesn't use a +2 extension either ;)

I talked to vudoo a little while back abt the redesign on the metal mags as well, he told me the people who made the previous one for them lacked in QC and some were perfect and others didn’t hardly feed at all and there was really no fix for the ones that didn’t feed. He talked like the new design would be out soon but didn’t give me a date.