• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Nice…………! I’m currently using Center X in my rig, and I‘m getting similar results. I shot my Vudoo out to 180 and 230 yards this morning and It was a blast!!!! Next time I go to the range, I’m going to stretch her out to 300, 400 and 500.

I love taking them to distance. My other vudoo shoots Center x awesome and sk almost as well. I’ve been very pleased with that set up but I struggle past 350 ish. I’ve spent a considerable amount of time at 300, 350 and even 375 with good results, but 400 on had been very hit and miss.

This new vudoo has an ibi 1:12 twist and I’m hoping I can increase my hit percentage at 400-500 and shrink groups at 200-350

I love taking them to distance. My other vudoo shoots Center x awesome and sk almost as well. I’ve been very pleased with that set up but I struggle past 350 ish. I’ve spent a considerable amount of time at 300, 350 and even 375 with good results, but 400 on had been very hit and miss.

This new vudoo has an ibi 1:12 twist and I’m hoping I can increase my hit percentage at 400-500 and shrink groups at 200-350
I already want to buy another Vudoo, LOL! I was getting consistent hits at 230 yards, and I would only miss if I did not do my part. I’m looking forward to taking it out to longer distances as well. I‘m interested in hearing how your IBI 1-12 twist shoots.

How long did it take for you to receive your IBI Barrel, or did Vudoo order it and chamber it?

Reactions: Matt_3479
I already want to buy another Vudoo, LOL! I was getting consistent hits at 230 yards, and I would only miss if I did not do my part. I’m looking forward to taking it out to longer distances as well. I‘m interested in hearing how your IBI 1-12 twist shoots.

How long did it take for you to receive your IBI Barrel, or did Vudoo order it and chamber it?

Lol it’s hard to stop at just one. I should have an ultimatum deuce here shortly. Just waiting on the barrel and it will be ready to start testing as well. It will be sporting another ibi 1:12 twist and a second ks 1:10 twist to see how it does.
So far the barrel is preforming great. We actually have 2 identical builds, just different optics and different colours. Both vudoo 360’s, both acc’s, both ibi 1:12’s. The second barrel is absolutely just stacking them at 100. 5- 10 shot groups fired yesterday at 100 and they averaged somewhere in the 3/4moa.

I ordered everything separate and had my smith do the work. My first vudoo is obviously running the ravage chamber, this one is sporting my smiths reamer, and the deuce with the ibi 1:12 will have the eps reamer and the Ks will have my smiths reamer again

Last edited:
Lol it’s hard to stop at just one. I should have an ultimatum deuce here shortly. Just waiting on the barrel and it will be ready to start testing as well. It will be sporting another ibi 1:12 twist and a second ks 1:10 twist to see how it does.
So far the barrel is preforming great. We actually have 2 identical builds, just different optics and different colours. Both vudoo 360’s, both acc’s, both ibi 1:12’s. The second barrel is absolutely just stacking them at 100. 5- 10 shot groups fired yesterday at 100 and they averaged somewhere in the 3/4moa.

I ordered everything separate and had my smith do the work. My first vudoo is obviously running the ravage chamber, this one is sporting my smiths reamer, and the deuce with the ibi 1:12 will have the eps reamer and the Ks will have my smiths reamer again
Copy that. keep me Posted on groups and your long distance shooting with it.

Reactions: Matt_3479
Guys this is a question regarding the picture i have attached. Shot the Vudoo 360 yesterday with a bunch of friends and it shoots lights out. Was cleaning the gun today and looking at the extractor does one look worn or broken? The right side looks like it is worn or possibly broken off, but I don't remember what it looked like before.

Attachments

• 93FEECD6-2A17-4E8D-ABB5-B4F4053F1D2B.jpeg
    93FEECD6-2A17-4E8D-ABB5-B4F4053F1D2B.jpeg
    334.7 KB · Views: 112
I was heading back from Cheyenne last week and I stopped by Mile High to see some friends.

I remembered that Frank has posted this thread https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/mhsa-has-a-deal-on-lapua-biathlon-22.7135081/ and I asked Kenny about the ammo. I grabbed a brick to play with with the caveat that the brick has to come from a lot with 3-4 cases avail.

I like Biathlon ammo because for the most part it isnt greasy.

Saturday I spent some time at the indoor range getting a solid zero, checking ES/SD and doing some tuning. The SD was about 7 and it was a pretty painless tune.

Sunday I took it outdoors after our USPSA match. This was 10 shots at 150 meters. I bought 3 cases of it. It was also impressive out to 400 yards.

mCerGas.jpg

I was heading back from Cheyenne last week and I stopped by Mile High to see some friends.

I remembered that Frank has posted this thread https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/mhsa-has-a-deal-on-lapua-biathlon-22.7135081/ and I asked Kenny about the ammo. I grabbed a brick to play with with the caveat that the brick has to come from a lot with 3-4 cases avail.

I like Biathlon ammo because for the most part it isnt greasy.

Saturday I spent some time at the indoor range getting a solid zero, checking ES/SD and doing some tuning. The SD was about 7 and it was a pretty painless tune.

Sunday I took it outdoors after our USPSA match. This was 10 shots at 150 meters. I bought 3 cases of it. It was also impressive out to 400 yards.

mCerGas.jpg
Went in yesterday to try a brick due to your post. Kenny was finishing up your invoice as I was shooting the shit and paying for my brick. :D

Gonna try it out at Sam's match out at CRC tomorrow.

Evening all,
Had the pleasure of getting my butt kicked at a PRS match yesterday. :LOL: Actually, it was the best 40 bucks I have spent in a while. Shot like shit but had a couple of really good shooters (And super nice guys! One reason I love the sport.) in my squad and got a master class in some aspects of competition I had never even considered before so that was good! Anywho, I had an issue on a stage and wanted some opinions. I make a point of loading all my mags before the match starts so that I'm not holding up the squad and can take my time and attempt to avoid the dreaded rim lock. I don't have enough mags yet (6 on hand, 6 more inbound) so a mid match reload was necessary. I get to the stage and start my run, about 4 shots in I chamber a round and the bolt won't close. Drop the mag, open the bolt, the round squares up, I re-chamber and the bolt still won't close. Eject the round and all is well. Did I just mangle that round to the point that it woldn't play nice? Other than that it ran smooth as silk. I'm probably just being paranoid but y'all are more versed in Vudoo than I!

Did I just mangle that round to the point that it woldn't play nice? Other than that it ran smooth as silk. I'm probably just being paranoid but y'all are more versed in Vudoo than I!

It's difficult to tell what happened in your instance. The round could have been (and likely was) messed up before you loaded it, and being mid-match you didn't notice.

Our local matches are almost all 5 shots or 10 shots per target, so I have my magazines loaded with 11 cartridges just in case something goes wrong so I don't have to fumble mid-target. I do the same thing with my CZ mags, just changing to a barely deeper 3D-printed baseplate.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I have been using magazine extensions, but only to get 11 rounds loaded instead of using them for 12. For one thing, I don't want to get rid of the load assist buttons to compress the spring, and I really only want the ONE extra round as a "just-in-case" I have a problem with a failure to load or failure to fire of a round in that magazine, or I want to use a between-targets sighter. But the typical extensions (which is what I was using) are large and I didn't like the way they look.

So... I decided to make a low-profile version of the magazine extension, just enough to comfortably load that extra round. The new version follows the angle of the original magazine. Here's a comparison picture.

7. MagExt - Low Profile480.jpg

They're now available with my other 3D-printed items for Vudoo HERE.

Last edited:
Evening all,
Had the pleasure of getting my butt kicked at a PRS match yesterday. :LOL: Actually, it was the best 40 bucks I have spent in a while. Shot like shit but had a couple of really good shooters (And super nice guys! One reason I love the sport.) in my squad and got a master class in some aspects of competition I had never even considered before so that was good! Anywho, I had an issue on a stage and wanted some opinions. I make a point of loading all my mags before the match starts so that I'm not holding up the squad and can take my time and attempt to avoid the dreaded rim lock. I don't have enough mags yet (6 on hand, 6 more inbound) so a mid match reload was necessary. I get to the stage and start my run, about 4 shots in I chamber a round and the bolt won't close. Drop the mag, open the bolt, the round squares up, I re-chamber and the bolt still won't close. Eject the round and all is well. Did I just mangle that round to the point that it woldn't play nice? Other than that it ran smooth as silk. I'm probably just being paranoid but y'all are more versed in Vudoo than I!
It happens. If I knew why, other than rim lock that went unnoticed, I'd let you in on it. If you figure it out, let me in on it.

I have been using magazine extensions, but only to get 11 rounds loaded instead of using them for 12. For one thing, I don't want to get rid of the load assist buttons to compress the spring, and I really only want the ONE extra round as a "just-in-case" I have a problem with a failure to load or failure to fire of a round in that magazine, or I want to use a between-targets sighter.

So... I decided to make a low-profile version of the magazine extension, just enough to comfortably load that extra round. The new version follows the angle of the original magazine. Here's a comparison picture.

View attachment 7944588

They're now available with my other 3D-printed items for Vudoo HERE.
takemymoney.jpg

Anyone here ever have to send their Vudoo in for accuracy issues? I've got a 7 week old 360 barreled action that I just can't get to shoot worth a damn. I've tried two different chassis and two different scopes along with multiple good quality ammo on 5-6 different occasions ( with about 600 rounds down range now.) . The gun has been cleaned regularly at every other session or so. I'm at a loss as to what to try next. VGW tells me that they almost never find an issue and that I'll be responsible for costs if I send it in and they don't find anything. Wondering what to expect if I do send it in? So far, this is typical of what it will deliver. ( My Bergara and CZ' 457's both do better so it can't all be me )

Attachments

• 20220819_145032.jpg
    20220819_145032.jpg
    559.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Wow
Reactions: LuvDog
Anyone here ever have to send their Vudoo in for accuracy issues? I've got a 7 week old 360 barreled action that I just can't get to shoot worth a damn. I've tried two different chassis and two different scopes along with multiple good quality ammo on 5-6 different occasions ( with about 600 rounds down range now.) . The gun has been cleaned regularly at every other session or so. I'm at a loss as to what to try next. VGW tells me that they almost never find an issue and that I'll be responsible for costs if I send it in and they don't find anything. Wondering what to expect if I do send it in? So far, this is typical of what it will deliver. ( My Bergara and CZ' 457's both do better so it can't all be me )

With that crappy of groups, I would expect your scope rail is loose.

You could also get a chrono and see if your velocities are really off (meaning that your firing pin might be having inconsistent ignition).

I have almost never, ever heard of a crappy barrel .. crappy to me at Vudoo is putting up .4" groups instead of .2" groups. Those groups in your picture are horrendous for 50yds.

VGW tells me that they almost never find an issue and that I'll be responsible for costs if I send it in and they don't find anything. Wondering what to expect if I do send it in?)

A customer and shooting buddy sent his single-shot back to Vudoo primarily for inconsistent ignition. Turned out to be a headspace issue. Things do occasionally go wrong in manufacturing, even for a Vudoo!

If you send it back to Vudoo (and I suggest sending it back WITH your scope and stock or chassis) and they find out something that isn't a VGW manufacturing issue and charge you for the time but they've figured out the problem, I'd say it would still have been worth it.

Reactions: UncleDunk
With that crappy of groups, I would expect your scope rail is loose.

You could also get a chrono and see if your velocities are really off (meaning that your firing pin might be having inconsistent ignition).

I have almost never, ever heard of a crappy barrel .. crappy to me at Vudoo is putting up .4" groups instead of .2" groups. Those groups in your picture are horrendous for 50yds.
Yea, something simple like that is what I was hoping might be the case. I've checked the factory rail and it seems tight. I guess I could put my torque wrench to it though. I've actually put two different scopes on it. (Both were brand new out of the box) just to make sure it wasn't that. I do own a chrony and guess i could drag it out but feel that I shouldn't be trouble shooting a brand new $2K barreled action like this. At this point, I don't even want to look at the gun. Major disappointment.

A customer and shooting buddy sent his single-shot back to Vudoo primarily for inconsistent ignition. Turned out to be a headspace issue. Things do occasionally go wrong in manufacturing, even for a Vudoo!

If you send it back to Vudoo (and I suggest sending it back WITH your scope and stock or chassis) and they find out something that isn't a VGW manufacturing issue and charge you for the time but they've figured out the problem, I'd say it would still have been worth it.
I'll likely end up doing that. I can't keep it the way it is and can't bring myself to sell it (which I likely will at this point) to some poor SOB the way it sits. At this point, I just wonder if it would be throwing good money after bad.

I'll likely end up doing that. I can't keep it the way it is and can't bring myself to sell it (which I likely will at this point) to some poor SOB the way it sits. At this point, I just wonder if it would be throwing good money after bad.

Well if you don't think it's anything you've done, like didn't set the mag up right and every bullet is scraping, or your muzzle protector is loose, or the scope rail is loose, then something is wrong with the rifle and it should go back to VGW and they shouldn't charge you anything.

Send it back. And if they charge you, they charge you. You already have a significant amount into it. The 'charge' they charge you if they find it's you and not the rifle, shouldn't be more than a few hundred dollars. But I think that's just a threat to keep EVERYONE who wants to send it their perfectly functioning rifle in because it's not up to THEIR impossible standards. If you ever worked retail, you know who I'm talking about.

Alright guys,
So I think the mag issue I mentioned 13 posts up might be stock related. Mags played nice and locked in with a happy little 'click' when it was new. Pulled the barreled action and when I retorqued the magazines don't quite want to seat. Chatted up MB and he is sending me some radiused SS pillars (How awesome is Vudoo!) but I gotta get the factory aluminum ones out of the Ridgeback. Any Vudoo owners have any experience getting them out (aka will they press out?) or am I better off getting my gunsmith gunsmith to remove the old ones and install the new ones? Thank y'all for the insights!

nikonNUT: I have a Ravage Ridgeback purchased directly from Vudoo... if I was having the problem you've found, I'd be sending it to Vudoo to fix it. Curious... this idea of radius'd pillars... is this magazine seating issue a problem that Vudoo has run into before and that's how they know what is needed?

That being said, if I was going to remove-and-replace the pillars, I'd ask the folks at Grayboe for advice since they're the ones who made the stock. I suspect they'll say to drill them out and then epoxy in the new ones, since their website says that the aluminum pillars are molded into the stock.

I have a Ravage Ridgeback purchased directly from Vudoo... if I was having the problem you've found, I'd be sending it to Vudoo to fix it. Curious... this idea of radius'd pillars... is this magazine seating issue a problem that Vudoo has run into before and that's how they know what is needed?

That being said, if I was going to remove-and-replace the pillars, I'd ask the folks at Grayboe for advice since they're the ones who made the stock. I suspect they'll say to drill them out and then epoxy in the new ones.
I have the same and didn't have a minutes issue until I pulled the action. Everything is hunky dory at 45in/lb but at 65 it's like the stock is compressing. I think there is a Manners in my future so I'm not super stressed. It's just odd. Maybe I just got a bum one. I have reached out to Grayboe as well.

nikonNUT: I have a Ravage Ridgeback purchased directly from Vudoo... if I was having the problem you've found, I'd be sending it to Vudoo to fix it. Curious... this idea of radius'd pillars... is this magazine seating issue a problem that Vudoo has run into before and that's how they know what is needed?

That being said, if I was going to remove-and-replace the pillars, I'd ask the folks at Grayboe for advice since they're the ones who made the stock. I suspect they'll say to drill them out and then epoxy in the new ones, since their website says that the aluminum pillars are molded into the stock.
No doubt about it. They will have to be drilled out and the new ones epoxied in. Not a difficult job, but if not done correctly you'll wind up with the same problem just different pillars. Might be easier to remove some material from the bottom metal inlet and pillars . Just enough for the Mags to latch securely.

So I talked to MB today and Ryan is calling me tomorrow. I will get this sorted out one way or another!

I was having what I considered accuracy issues with my 360 when I first got it. Maybe not as bad as yours but still pretty unacceptable. I dropped it off at Vudoo and they had it for a bit. Greg there at the shop worked with me. They didn’t find anything mechanically wrong, but felt it had to do with my cleaning routine, which Greg considered to be too much and too often. He had me do a very, VERY thorough cleaning of the entire bore until it shined like new. Basically starting over. Then just shoot it, and pay attention to the chamber only. When I start seeing a carbon ring building up I use some C4 to clean out the chamber ONLY, and pretty much leave the bore alone. I’ll pull a patch or two through the length of the bore to clear the big stuff out but I haven’t done a thorough scrubbing of the bore since Greg had me “start over”. Accuracy steadily improved to what I consider very good. I clean the chamber around every 700-900 rounds, and have almost 5000 total through it now. You might try contacting Greg at the shop to discuss. He’s a really nice guy.

Believe it's been posted before but here is Greg's article on cleaning which mentions some of the above. Worth a read.

Believe it's been posted before but here is Greg's article on cleaning which mentions some of the above. Worth a read.

Outstanding, the process works. I have seen Lilja and other custom barrel makers also recommends around 300 rd to clean the chamber to remove the wax / carbon crud ring that builds up in the chamber. Its the interesting what you will find in the instructions if you take the time to read them. Thx for the post Rob01, Good job!

I was having what I considered accuracy issues with my 360 when I first got it. Maybe not as bad as yours but still pretty unacceptable. I dropped it off at Vudoo and they had it for a bit. Greg there at the shop worked with me. They didn’t find anything mechanically wrong, but felt it had to do with my cleaning routine, which Greg considered to be too much and too often. He had me do a very, VERY thorough cleaning of the entire bore until it shined like new. Basically starting over. Then just shoot it, and pay attention to the chamber only. When I start seeing a carbon ring building up I use some C4 to clean out the chamber ONLY, and pretty much leave the bore alone. I’ll pull a patch or two through the length of the bore to clear the big stuff out but I haven’t done a thorough scrubbing of the bore since Greg had me “start over”. Accuracy steadily improved to what I consider very good. I clean the chamber around every 700-900 rounds, and have almost 5000 total through it now. You might try contacting Greg at the shop to discuss. He’s a really nice guy.
Yep, just don't bring this up to some people...
Haha

Reactions: Schütze
Well, I had a great chat with Ryan today and have a plan. Just waiting on a piece of tooling tocome in to see if it comes to fruition! BTW, Ryan is a great guy, super helpful, and a pleasure to chat with!

Last edited:
Has anyone measured the weight of a Vudoo inletted Mesa Precision stock with an adjustable cheek rest? Current I use a Grayboe Phoenix with my Vudoos that have a carbon fiber barrel. The Phoenix, which has an adjustable cheek rest, weighs 32oz. I wonder if I could save a few ounces with the Vudoo Mesa Precision?

Many thanks for any intel.

Rick

FWIW, I've been in touch with VGW again and they have provided some helpful troubleshooting hints (mainly regarding action screws) I'll run that advice to ground on both chassis with an open (and hopeful mind) before sending it in.

Please share them here!
Sure, much of the advice/troubleshooting is what some would consider common sense (if your into good shooting rifles) but they were thorough in touching bases. They gave me some inspection advice in areas that included: Screw tightness/torque on the chassis; Scope mount screw depth/torque; Lead shaving. I also had a follow up discussion in that they said that I should test for bottoming action screws as their mounting holes on the Vudoo "can be shallower" than others. this is news to me and I know my KRG chassis all use 0.055" washers on their action screws. I'm pulling those chassis apart now to see what consistency I have (and to assure I have no missing washers. In the end, I'll do a Dykem test on those action bolts in the x-ray chassis (which is he one I want to use for this build) to assure there is no bottoming. I'll get this all done (and retest for groups) in the next week and get back to them.

All that said, I've been assured by VGW this will get resolved even if it takes a rebarreling. I'm starting to feel like there is hope here.

Last edited:
Yep, I have seen that front action screw containing the barrel threads a little too often. It's something that a lot of people don't check.

When you buy a complete gun from Vudoo, rather than just a barreled action, they're supposed to have already made sure that's correct.

Of course, WeeHooker's was just a barreled action when he got it.

Reactions: WeeHooker