• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Matt 3479, What is the advantage of the adjustable headspace?
To Be able to tune to the ammo. So if your running Lapua, sk, or eley you can adjust the chamber to the ammo for best accuracy potential out of your barrel vs say the ravage chamber being cut for Lapua it can be tough on eley. Stills amazing but tough to close the bolt or slam fires. you seem to be able to lower your sd but adjusting your head space which I’m assuming is related to a better/more consistent strike on the rim but you’d have to actually ask ibi or even @Gleedus has tested it a bunch

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Turbo2
If you shoot it you clean it. Bore scope to make sure the carbon ring is gone using boretech c4 with nylon brush. I’ve shot thousands and thousands of rounds. Cleaning every session is the only consistent way to do it. Period

Read Greg from Vudoo's article on cleaning. It's a good way to go.

Also that ammo you have is not the best to go through the rifle. Kind of like getting a new custom .308 and putting 147grn mil surp through it. It's a match rifle and though they may shoot they may not give you good accuracy or reliability. Buy some SK, Lapua or Eley or similar good ammo to get the most out of your new rifle.

Do you have a link to the article? I’ve tried search function

In my post above on the previous page.

Reactions: GeoDude
Just got my 23.75" Bartlein Vudoo and took it out. Didn't clean it and just took it right out to the range and shot 100 rounds. First was using SK+ to find a tune setting, and then did 10-round groups with SK+, Center-X, and then Eley Match, but they called ceasefire and didn't want to wait for another target takedown, so I just packed up. Will take it to a match tomorrow, seems to shoot fine :D

1670639888602.png

The chamber of Vudoo .22 lr rifles is designed for Lapua Center-X. YMMV.
mrmarklin, can you please explain what "designed for Lapua Center -X" means.

What are the differences from other match chambers?

This is not a trick question, and I do not want to start an argument about it.

I just want to know what is different with Lapua Center X ammo that would require a different chamber.

Thanks.

TKH

Reactions: BurtG

I just want to know what is different with Lapua Center X ammo that would require a different chamber.

Thanks.

TKH
The rim on CX/MIdas/SK tends to be thinner than other match ammo. IOW, it's a tight chamber.

Looks like center-x is completely out of stock every where.

What’s the next best for a factory Bartlien barrel / chamber

Thanks.

TKH

Here’s what Vudoo says on there FAQ page about the chamber.

Will the V-22 shoot any .22LR ammo? What chamber do you use?

The short answer is, yes. The V-22 RAVAGE chamber, designed by Mike Bush, is a Super Match Grade chambering, compatible with the higher quality 22LR Match ammunition, but will shoot non-match ammo. Some brands may not extract from the chamber if not fired due to projectile shape. This is a short match chamber so the projectile just touches the lands.

Anyone put a Bix’N Andy competition trigger in a Vudoo for benchrest. Have one coming and hoping sear will work with Vudoo cocking piece.

The rim on CX/MIdas/SK tends to be thinner than other match ammo. IOW, it's a tight chamber.
Incorrect! Thinnest to thickest. Eley, RWS, Lapua in that order. If you set head spacing strictly for Eley You will generally have hard bolt closing on Lapua products. On the other hand. Set head spacing for Lapua and you will most likely have FTFs with Eley Black Box and 10X.

Never any issues with Eley in my original Vudoo. Shot thousands of rounds of Match and Edge and never a failure to fire. Have only shot a hundred or so in my new one and no issues yet.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Never any issues with Eley in my original Vudoo. Shot thousands of rounds of Match and Edge and never a failure to fire. Have only shot a hundred or so in my new one and no issues yet.
Yes, it is possible to set head spacing and pin fall to fire all three brands reliably.

Here’s what Vudoo says on there FAQ page about the chamber.

Will the V-22 shoot any .22LR ammo? What chamber do you use?

The short answer is, yes. The V-22 RAVAGE chamber, designed by Mike Bush, is a Super Match Grade chambering, compatible with the higher quality 22LR Match ammunition, but will shoot non-match ammo. Some brands may not extract from the chamber if not fired due to projectile shape. This is a short match chamber so the projectile just touches the lands.

Thank you for your answer but I'm not sure what it means. If the V-22 chamber shoots all higher quality match ammo what makes it a Lapua chamber.

As noted by littlesister, Lapua has a rather thick rim compared to other higher quality match .22 rimfire rounds. Current production averaging (1000 round) is about .041 for Lapua. About .039 for Eley.

Since rim thickness dictates chamber depth for headspacing, but has nothing to do with the shape of the chamber or the leade angle. I guess they are referring to the chamber depth rather than the chambers design.

Here is a list of common .22 rimfire chambers.

TKH

Attachments

• rimfire chambers.jpg
    rimfire chambers.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 78
Thank you for your answer but I'm not sure what it means. If the V-22 chamber shoots all higher quality match ammo what makes it a Lapua chamber.

As noted by littlesister, Lapua has a rather thick rim compared to other higher quality match .22 rimfire rounds. Current production averaging (1000 round) is about .041 for Lapua. About .039 for Eley.

Since rim thickness dictates chamber depth for headspacing, but has nothing to do with the shape of the chamber or the leade angle. I guess they are referring to the chamber depth rather than the chambers design.

Here is a list of common .22 rimfire chambers.

TKH

I read something somewhere that says Vudoo chambers are cut like the Winchester 52 chamber. However, I cannot remember where I read that.

When I looked at the chart that you provided and compared that to Vudoo's statement about the bullet just touching the lands, that makes sense.

I could care less what they call the chambering; "Match, Super-Match, Lapua, W-52 Match" or "hand crafted by secret gunsmithing elves." I just want the darn thing to give me tight groups with what I feed it.

I have oodles of Norma Match (RWS) that I shoot in my Anschutz with outstanding results. So, rather than buying Lapua, I'm going to experiment with what I have on hand.

I've always felt that the less jump that a bullet has the more accurate the round will be. That isn't always the case but seems to be the norm. The reason most rimfire chambers have a longer jump is because the variety of ammunition.

The reason that Mr. Bush cuts his chambers short is probably because he expects his customers to be as discriminating with their ammunition as their rifle purchase. And YES, I WILL try CCI SV, just to see what it will do:)

I like the controlled feed aspect of the rifle's action. Not having the bullet touch anything before it enters the chamber has to be a plus.

I'm going out on a limb here. So someone correct me if I'm wrong. I would guess that Vudoo cut their chambers based on experience with the WW-52 or possibly the 40X but decided to use Lapua ammunition as their testing fodder.

Because they used Lapua as their go-to ammunition for testing, the rumor got around that they cut their chambers for Lapua.

I have a Gen 1 V22. I have shot just about everything through it. CCI SV shoots well for me until you get to distance. The main diet it gets is SK standard +. Have shot Norma match 22, CCI, aguilla, federal white box BULK lol, all types of SK, federal match, and any other thays found locally. I haven’t tried to eject live rounds and some of them do have a little tighter bolt close but nothing too crazy.

Reactions: Longshot231
Guys, the chamber being optimized for Lapua or Eley or some other bullet has nothing to do with headspace and rim thickness. The chamber being a "Laupa" chamber is based on the angle and position of the beginning of the rifling in relation to the breech face. Lapua bullets are different than the EPS bullet used in Eley so where the bullet sit in the chamber and where the lands start vs the location and angle of the beginning of the rifling is what determines (for the most part) what ammo the chamber is cut for. It's not that one chamber will not shoot one brand ammo or not, they all should shoot all different brands, it's about getting the most out of the ammo.

Think about it like this: when you have a centerfire barrel chambered you can have the throat cut for one bullet vs another. Like a 308 chamber being cut for a 180 VLD vs another being cut for a 155g Palma.

Rimfire really responds to how much of the bullets driving band / bands are engaging the lands and at what angle. That's what sets chambers apart.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I couldn’t even chamber cci and aguila in my new v22 without significant force on the bolt. That was an unpleasant surprise. ordered an eley match lot test batch and the 3rd round stuck in the chamber and wouldn’t extract. Trying to get this thing broken in then sent off to lapua

• Wow
Reactions: BurtG
I couldn’t even chamber cci and aguila in my new v22 without significant force on the bolt. That was an unpleasant surprise. ordered an eley match lot test batch and the 3rd round stuck in the chamber and wouldn’t extract. Trying to get this thing broken in then sent off to lapua
Clean thoroughly all the crap in the chamber from CCI/Aguila, then try your Eley match again.. also clean your bolt face.

Meh the cerakote gold is holding up well on the center fire at x. The 22 doesn’t have as much hanging in the wind.

Touch up should be easy.

Reactions: rtr
Agreed, I have been in Maine for the last 20 years and it is way too cold here for me! I have been out in -20f several times (-28c) and have regularly shot in the low teens and single digits Fahrenheit. You should see what a -2800 DA does to a 175g SMK out of a 308, it is pathetic! Ha

Stay warm Williwaw

• Haha
Reactions: J-Ham
And I thought it was a bit chilly here this morning, at 15*F.... At least the weather station is only showing 5mph breeze right now.
Am hoping for some decent shooting weather before long, so I can get out with new lots of Norma TAC-22 & Match to test; also expecting a case of SK Rifle Match on the 21st. But...the forecast is for a very strong artic cold front to sweep through here in western Kansas on Thursday, with wind chills forecast to be -35* to -45*F when it hits here, with some light snow. Even if I had a nice indoor range to shoot in, I think it'd be tough to keep it warm enough to get meaningful results with those kinds of winds/temps.

Lol, we "almost froze to death" last night, hanging around a fire pit. It was 30*

Agreed, I have been in Maine for the last 20 years and it is way too cold here for me! I have been out in -20f several times (-28c) and have regularly shot in the low teens and single digits Fahrenheit. You should see what a -2800 DA does to a 175g SMK out of a 308, it is pathetic! Ha

Stay warm Williwaw
I was getting speeds the other week before a center fire match. It was 12*F and the bullets sounded like missiles. After it warmed up just a little bit later, they didn't make any noise other than the supersonic crack.

Reactions: jbell
Two years ago it was -40 for four days of a nine day bison hunt. Two remarkable things ... riding a snowmobile for over a hundred kms per day in those temps and hearing a 300 WinMag being launched.

I forgot the point of the pictures. The name of this rifle is ICE ... I know, Vudoo Ice sounds like a brand of vodka.

Anyone else having feeding issues? I have 2 plastic 10 rounders and a metal 15er and they all seem to jam up at the randomest times. I lost a match a few weeks ago due to mag issues on 2 stages.

Foundation with OTM bottom metal. 22"

I am really starting to get irritated, Lost ALOT of points the last few months due to magazine /feeding issues.

Any idea or help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Reactions: Badjujuu