• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I truly believe that if Vudoo had these magazines in the beginning, YouTubers like X-Ring, IY6C, and others would have never switched to RimX.

Heck, I was so worried about Vudoo's current magazines, I came within a hair of going with a RimX myself because I thought their magazine was much superior.

I will definitely be getting a few of the new versions but have a feeling it will be a very long wait.
Would not surprise me if it takes all year, unfortunately. :(
Although I've solved 99% of my magazine feeding problems, rimlock does happen on occasion so not sure if I'm in a huge rush to get these - I have a feeling they'll be appropriately priced as well $$$.....

RimX magazines were the bees knees from the get go and I've always been slightly envious of them, but maybe a lot of people went with RimX due to the prefit barells too, which would be nice for a V22 one day.

Reactions: CBeck
I have around 15 V-22 mags, many of them from the very early days up to some from this past summer. Once I learned how to load them (somewhere around the 3rd or 4th attempt) I haven’t had rim lock or any other feeding issue. With the exception being having to use the longer mag catch in the Xylo, and needing to trim the mag well opening in the plastic skins for the Bravo. I have started to lose count of how many barreled actions and chassis combinations I have used with the Vudoo’s. I prefer the lighter weight of the plastic mags over the Rim X mags. I have also found the plastic V-22 mags are easier to fully load with heavy gloves on than the Rim X, I struggle with the last two rounds getting the loading tabs all the way down with cold fingers and thick gloves with the large baseplate. That isn’t a dig on the Rim X design, just an opinion.

I hope these mags are a big hit for VGW, that way a lot of the plastic mags will be hitting the PX!

As mentioned rimlock is a loading issue, not a magazine issue. And I still have my original mags from 2017 that I use with no issue. Most of the mag issues is not the mag itself but the way the mag fits into the chassis/stock. That is why the adjustable mag catch on these new mags will really help out.

I've had a few rim-locks with my magazines but it was mostly my fault.
I don't like the fact that I have to be so careful to load them to avoid rim-lock as it's long and tedious with the 15-rounders. 👎🏼

If the new ones can be loaded quickly and don't have a rim-lock problem as they shouldn't, I will get the new ones asap and probably never use my old ones again.

I feel stupid for buying 4 of the old 15-rounders; I should have had more faith Vudoo would offer a fix but I didn't because I figured they could not get around the RimX patent.

I can't help but wonder if Vudoo decided to pay the patent fees and, if they did, it was a wise decision as I will gladly pay the extra money needed to get the better magazines.

You don’t have to be overly cautious with all ammo from my experience. It’s only Eley that ever caused a rimlock issue if I didn’t load correctly. I can take Lapua and SK or the old Federal UM and just toss them in and no issues.

Reactions: WeeHooker
Interesting on people talking about the vudoo mag copying the rimx mag, when vudoo made the first aics 22lr mag.
I've had a few rim-locks with my magazines but it was mostly my fault.
I don't like the fact that I have to be so careful to load them to avoid rim-lock as it's long and tedious with the 15-rounders. 👎🏼

If the new ones can be loaded quickly and don't have a rim-lock problem as they shouldn't, I will get the new ones asap and probably never use my old ones again.

I feel stupid for buying 4 of the old 15-rounders; I should have had more faith Vudoo would offer a fix but I didn't because I figured they could not get around the RimX patent.

I can't help but wonder if Vudoo decided to pay the patent fees and, if they did, it was a wise decision as I will gladly pay the extra money needed to get the better magazines.
I would be curious what that patent would be. Vudoo was the first to offer an aics 22 mag.

Don't know and don't care as long as Vudoo now has that wonderful RimX-style adjustable latch. 👍🏼
Can't be 100% sure but from that generous cut out that the mag catch sits in I bet it does! The part that intrigues me is that there is no screw that I can see. Wondering if the mag catch has a threaded stand off that a long allen screw engages from the top (or bottom) of the mag? IF that were the case and the thread pitch was known you would know that 1 full turn would raise or lowere the mag catch .xxx" of an inch (40 TPI is .025"). Tuning could be almost micrometer perfect! Not bagging on RimX but the loosening the screw in the face, bumping the catch, re-tightening, and testing could get old quick. Now how do they keep the screw from moving after adjustment? Detent? Set-screw? Maybe it is done from the bottom and there is a rubber/polymer pad in the base plate that applies pressure to the screw head so it won't move post adjustment? BTW... This is all conjecture and bench engineering from me...

P.S. Ever since I bought one of the loaders that @Panther makes I haven't had a lick of trouble with rim lock.

Last edited:
I bought my Three 60 in an MPA BA chassis with the adjustable mag catch. Factory (5 of them) poly mags feed perfect every time...as long as they are loaded properly. It's not hard, but you don't pull the spring to the bottom and just dump rounds in. I look forward to more poly mags hitting the PX if the new mags "fix" the problems people have. Yeehaw!

I bought my Three 60 in an MPA BA chassis with the adjustable mag catch. Factory (5 of them) poly mags feed perfect every time...as long as they are loaded properly. It's not hard, but you don't pull the spring to the bottom and just dump rounds in. I look forward to more poly mags hitting the PX if the new mags "fix" the problems people have. Yeehaw!
No doubt. I have 13 (Lucky, no?) and they all work fine. I'm not sure the new mags are going to be the be all to end all but I heard they had QC issues with the last iteration of the aluminum mags so might as well address a "perceived" issue when sourcing a new manufacturer. Grand scheme of things I spent 400 bucks on those 13. Aluminum mags? I'm betting north of $1200.00 so I'll pass. Money better spent on ammo, match fees, food, gas, and AirBnB's. Still intrigued by the mag catch thing. I wanna take one apart!

P.S. Still love the mag loader! Fixing to order some more.

Last edited:
Was curious about that hole on the side

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230105_220055_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230105_220055_Chrome.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: nikonNUT
Was curious about that hole on the side
That could be the adjustment point as well? Could be a cam system to move the latch up and down? Seems overly complicated but after seeing how they do their 1911 frame (2-pieces? Really?) I wouldn't be suprised.

That could be the adjustment point as well? Could be a cam system to move the latch up and down? Seems overly complicated but after seeing how they do their 1911 frame (2-pieces? Really?) I wouldn't be suprised.
Vudoo isn't making those 1911s, they are just putting their name on them. Another company (that doesn't have name recognition) is making them.

Hi, So, Like, Where's the Center X ?
Not a single box to be had, not even on gunbroker !
Now what?

Did anyone see the new for '23 magazines on FaceBook?
Do they remind you of anything?
5,10, and 15 round
Nice…as much as I love my RimX, if these were out when I was looking for an upgrade to my B14R, I would have gotten the Vudoo. I absolutely love the RimX magazine and these look very similar and will probably be of equal quality. I won’t be getting rid of my RimX but I think I will get a Vudoo now. The magazine just looks fantastic and I bet will be a hot commodity for some time to come. Nice job Vudoo!!

Now that I have my 360 shooting decently, I'm going to mess with success and change my chassis over from the Xray it's into a MDT ESS ( which is inbound). I've seen the VGW vids on how to fit their actions and mags but wonder if there are any other tips/advice from MDT clad Vudoo owners on how to minimize chances for mag related feeding/fitment issues ( and/or how to address them).

Now that I have my 360 shooting decently, I'm going to mess with success and change my chassis over from the Xray it's into a MDT ESS ( which is inbound). I've seen the VGW vids on how to fit their actions and mags but wonder if there are any other tips/advice from MDT clad Vudoo owners on how to minimize chances for mag related feeding/fitment issues ( and/or how to address them).

MDT's mag latch seems to be a perfect fit for the Vudoo mags. Never had an issue with MDTs chassis.

Mine is in an MPA BA chassis, I've had zero feeding issues...with the exception of my SiL loading a mag incorrectly.

Mine is in an MPA BA chassis, I've had zero feeding issues...with the exception of my SiL loading a mag incorrectly.
That or loading the mag into a bag or barricade is what I've seen with friends or squad mates. The greyops or some other barrier seems to be the answer there. Not a dig on Vudoo, it's every .22, press on the magazine and feed issues are pretty much a guarantee.

That or loading the mag into a bag or barricade is what I've seen with friends or squad mates. The greyops or some other barrier seems to be the answer there. Not a dig on Vudoo, it's every .22, press on the magazine and feed issues are pretty much a guarantee.
I have "loaded" my mag into barricades, maybe not enough to cause problems? I really don't know.

I have "loaded" my mag into barricades, maybe not enough to cause problems? I really don't know.
Outside the rimlock issue from loading them wrong it's been pressing them into something that causing a feed issue I've seen over and over (Vudoo, RimX, Begara, CZ, Tikka, Ruger, AR). Like anything is a matter of degree I guess, but best avoided by not doing it at all.

I have 2 vudoo’s now. One in an MPA and the new one in an ACC. The one in the ACC runs perfect. I like the MPA feel better but I run only the ACC in matches because it hasn’t let me down once. In the MPA they need to come up with a way that you can adjust the mags so they can’t move left to right. Front to back you can fix but the left to right you can’t and that causes the bullet nose to hit the extractor slots if you have the bag loaded. The mag protector will fix it though. All in all the Vudoo in the ACC has just performed better.

I have 2 vudoo’s now. One in an MPA and the new one in an ACC. The one in the ACC runs perfect. I like the MPA feel better but I run only the ACC in matches because it hasn’t let me down once. In the MPA they need to come up with a way that you can adjust the mags so they can’t move left to right. Front to back you can fix but the left to right you can’t and that causes the bullet nose to hit the extractor slots if you have the bag loaded. The mag protector will fix it though. All in all the Vudoo in the ACC has just performed better.
Bro, just go all ghetto and shim the inside the mag well of the chassis with a little gorilla tape or Velcro depending on the hotdog to hallway ratio. Worse case you just have to take it out.

Reactions: BurtG and Dawhit
Good to hear on the ACC. I suspect the ESS should have a similar mag well to action arrangement.
FWIW, I had to stick some 1/2" square Velcro patch's on the rear on my 10 round poly mags to get my 360 to feed correctly ( or at all really) in a KRG Xray. ( on the back, about 1/2 way from the catch shelf to the top edge. It runs 100% now when I do my part loading them properly. . I'm hoping to avoid having to do that in the ESS. I'll find out soon.

Thanks to all for your input.

Last edited:
Both of my Vudoo's have been in and out of various stocks and chassis until I found the one that I like (JP APAC). I've never had a magazine issue, but I don't shoot PRS so I'm not loading into the magazines.

Bro, just go all ghetto and shim the inside the mag well of the chassis with a little gorilla tape or Velcro depending on the hotdog to hallway ratio. Worse case you just have to take it out.
:) You know I am too OCD for that! I did try it with velcro and that worked for a while. The GrayOps does fix that though.

I had a piece of velcro on my mags to keep it rock solid and then found out that the little piece of velcro was causing some wax/lead to slightly shave everytime it went into the chamber. I removed the velcro, and now it's pristine. I've been shaving wax/lead for the past 6 months... maybe that's why my groups weren't as superb as possible.

Here's my breach face now after 350 rounds of Eley and Lapua -

1673969547047.png

Notice zero lower lip on the breach face of wax/lead build up. To get this done, basically I had the mag pushed up all the way, adjustable mag latch, and didn't do any sort of velcro fore or aft. For my XLR it has an adjustable mag latch. For the Hawkins M5 DBM on my McMillan it has the extended latch.

I only noticed this because I got a new McMillan/Hawkins combo from Vudoo and was like why is my breach face so clean, my XLR always has this slight build up...

I have my vudoo in the krg whiskey 3 and it works great. I also have the mpa ba and I prefer the krg because it balances better with less weight.

Just placed mine in the new MDT JAE and with the adjustability it’s rock solid. I will still run a mag protector from grey ops.

Reactions: SourMash
Something I have wanted to mention to see if anyone else has seen the same. It’s not a big deal at all just something different. My Vudoo with the threaded end gets a carbon build up that I have to clean off, I am sure it’s because the thread protector acts a shelf. The one that has just a target crown, I have yet to get any carbon off it, the towel is clean every time I try to clean it. You would think something would stick to that but it hasn’t yet.

My unthreaded benchmark Vudoo gets carbon build up. I can see the groove pattern on the muzzle.
I haven't noticed much carbon build up with my non-threaded Ace barrel. I do get the same groove pattern you mention, but I get that with all of my 22s...threaded or not*. 🤷‍♂️

*edit for clarification: if the groves go all the way to the muzzle on threaded barrels, like my Anschutz rifles have.

I assumed that pattern was carbon. It wipes off super easy.
I haven't noticed much carbon build up with my non-threaded Ace barrel. I do get the same groove pattern you mention, but I get that with all of my 22s...threaded or not*. 🤷‍♂️

*edit for clarification: if the groves go all the way to the muzzle on threaded barrels, like my Anschutz rifles have.

Reactions: Cowpokey
Just picked up a vudoo 360 and mdt acc chassis. I can't seem to find my calipers for the past couple days and need to order some action screw bolts. Anybody know the length needed? TIA

Jeff

Just picked up a vudoo 360 and mdt acc chassis. I can't seem to find my calipers for the past couple days and need to order some action screw bolts. Anybody know the length needed? TIA

Jeff
Didn't the chassis come with action screws? My MDT ESS did. if not, I'd call MDT or VGW.
BTW, regardless of where you get them, be sure to check to assure they do not bottom out when installed. If they do, even by a few thousandths, it will reek havoc on your groups.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seasian