• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I was specifically told by MB to not use washers, that you needed to file down (adjust) the bolts. He did not tell me his reasoning, just said don't.
Four aluminum chassis, all done this way. No issues at all. My reasoning is that I like to keep the chassis manufacture supplied bolts with the chassis. I don’t like to shorten them because I switch barreled action’s between chassis (center fire & rim fire). You need one washer anyway to protect the bore for the bolts and archiving correct clamping force. One washer available in different thicknesses works too….

I predict Paul Parrot will have a video detailing the new mags very soon and look forward to it.
I like the look and features of the new aluminum mags and think they will be awesome. 👍🏼
Well, here's Paul Parrot on the new magazine and a couple more interesting offerings for 2023. 👍🏼

Thanks to X-Ring!

MDT's mag latch seems to be a perfect fit for the Vudoo mags. Never had an issue with MDTs chassis.
Just to close the loop on this..... I'm happy to report that I got the V360 installed in the new MDT ESS chassis this AM. I no longer need any kind of mag shim. Factory ( 10 round poly) mags fit snug with minimum movement. No adjustments or tweaking of any kind. Better than expected really. Feeding was 100%.

Last edited:
Just ordered a v3-60 barreled action, and Aero Precision's new chassis to put it in. Anyone hear or read any reports about vudoos in this chassis? It has an adjustable mag latch so I'm hopeful it'll work...

Reactions: crackerbrown
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I emailed MDT and they are sending me out the hardware. On another note, I'm having issues trying to remove the pic rail. I removed the 4 screws from the top but that rail isn't budging.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I emailed MDT and they are sending me out the hardware. On another note, I'm having issues trying to remove the pic rail. I removed the 4 screws from the top but that rail isn't budging.
They're pinned in place. After removing the screws, lightly tap with a small plastic hammer from each side at an upward angle. It'll come loose.

When reinstalling, tap the base all the way in place using the same hammer before inserting the screws. If you use the screws to seat the base all the way down on the pins you could break a screw.

I think the new mags will help a ton of people and it'll be nice that all three options will be pretty far apart as far as cost. Standard poly $35-45, L3I 14rd $70-80 and the billet vudoo 15rd at $125-145

Reactions: nikonNUT
I think the new mags will help a ton of people and it'll be nice that all three options will be pretty far apart as far as cost. Standard poly $35-45, L3I 14rd $70-80 and the billet vudoo 15rd at $125-145
Unfortunately, more and more states are capping mag limits to 10. Some won't have the option.

That's true. I know the L3I will have a California compliant mag soon but if the standard 10rd mag is 30-40 I'm not sure who is going to buy one with an adjustable latch for double.

That's true. I know the L3I will have a California compliant mag soon but if the standard 10rd mag is 30-40 I'm not sure who is going to buy one with an adjustable latch for double.
They stayed out of stock when they didn’t have an adjustable mag catch. I’d imagine they won’t have any trouble selling the new ones either. I use a metal 10 and 12 rounder for every match. Never wanted the extra length of the 15 round mag.

How tall are the 12 and 15 rounders? I can measure a L3I 14rd but I think it's shorter
10 is 3.96” from base to top and 12 is 4.41”. They both also hold an extra round so 11 and 13 rounds which covers pretty much every stage. Not sure on the 15 because I don’t own one but the angled ammo column of the new Vudoo 15 round mags should make them shorter than the old ones.

Reactions: nikonNUT
10 is 3.96” from base to top and 12 is 4.41”. They both also hold an extra round so 11 and 13 rounds which covers pretty much every stage. Not sure on the 15 because I don’t own one but the angled ammo column of the new Vudoo 15 round mags should make them shorter than the old ones.
The new 15s are like the old 12s.

$125-$145 per mag yall F’n crazy

Not really when compared to Rim X mags which are $125. The new Vudoo mags are designed from ground up and will be tested and they will know they work from the get go. With the adjustable mag catch there should be no reason anyone has issues with these new mags.

I think 145 will be standard. With the L3I being 70-80 it seems like the added value of a billet mag will be something people either want to pony up for or they'll just buy the cheaper option.

They polys are running just fine in my MPA chassis so I think I'll stick with them. Honestly, they fit way tighter in the chassis than they do in Vudoos bottom metal 🤷‍♂️ The Devil you know and all that. Plus there is the pesky part where if I replace them all with the aluminums I'd need to drop about $2K.

After putting a ZCO 840 on top of my Vudoo, the price of the new magazines doesn't sound too bad. :)
I'm picking up what you're putting down. All I have is a lowly 527 and I might grab a 15 rounder at some point (to avoid those pesky reloads on the 12 round stages) but right now that money is better spent on ammo, match fees, and travel. I'm usually 600 miles round trip for match plus a room. Different strokes for different folks. Now if the stages start going to 12 to 15 rounds all the time I'll change my tune!

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but V-22 or Three-60? My centerfire rifle is 90-deg throw if that makes any difference.

I’ve shot the Three-60 but have not put hands on a V-22.

TIA

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but V-22 or Three-60? My centerfire rifle is 90-deg throw if that makes any difference.

TIA
In the end there is no difference other than bolt lift. They are the same quality, both are smooth, both are capable of the same accuracy. No real difference so choose which ever you prefer…

TIA

Get the Gen 2 with the 90 degree bolt throw. Your centerfire is 90 so stick with it.

Get the Gen 2 with the 90 degree bolt throw. Your centerfire is 90 so stick with it.
Not to mention you can definitely find a used gen2 for a discounted price without waiting.

Reactions: ECK

Thanks. Is it mainly ergonomics or are there other reasons to get the Gen 2 over the Gen 3?

Also, Ace barrel or Bartlein?

Thanks. Is it mainly ergonomics or are there other reasons to get the Gen 2 over the Gen 3?

Also, Ace barrel or Bartlein?

Mainly ergos. Both are excellent.

As for barrels, again both will work great. Have both and both shoot great. I always lean towards Bartlein if possible but going Ace is by no means a mistake. They are now offering straight 1.200" Bartlein barrels up to 24" length if that was something you were interested in.

As for barrels, again both will work great. Have both and both shoot great. I always lean towards Bartlein if possible but going Ace is by no means a mistake. They are now offering straight 1.200" Bartlein barrels up to 24" length if that was something you were interested in.

I heard that about the straight contour. I was leaning towards the 22” MTU to help balance it out, but the straight contour is tempting. I’m going to be in SGU next week, hoping to swing by their shop if they allow walk-in customers.

I have a 22” MTU on mine and like it a lot.

Give them a call and ask.

I'd guess that it never hurts to let the folks at VGW know in advance when you expect to be there. Might not make a lot of difference, but it's just common courtesy.

Reactions: Rob01 and ECK

TIA
After years of shooting 2-lug 22RF actions, shooting with the Three-60 was a little strange simply because of the shorter 60* bolt handle lift associated with the 3-lug action. First time I shot mine in a match, I found myself banging the bolt handle up against the stop because I was so used to 90* bolt lift. I bought the Three-60 action simply because it was new, more out of curiosity, not because of any perceived advantage it might have. Not sorry I built a nice rifle on it, but honestly, I still seem to run my 90* lift, 2-lug Vudoo rifles more smoothly & quickly. I also have a couple of the V22S 3-lug actions, and four rifles built on BAT 3-lug single shot actions, but don't attempt to run those rifles with any speed like some timed matches force you to.

Sure wish the 24" 1.200 Bartlein barrels were available when I ordered my Vudoo, Rob.
But that's always the way it goes with my luck. :-(
Might have to send my rifle to Kenny and get a 1.200 Shilen 26" as that's my favorite length.

Reactions: Badjujuu and Rob01
I'd guess that it never hurts to let the folks at VGW know in advance when you expect to be there. Might not make a lot of difference, but it's just common courtesy.
Yup, agreed. I emailed them last night and heard back today. I’m all set to visit them Monday to compare both actions side by side and talk about barrel options.

Just dropped the Vudoo in the new MDT JAE. I’ve been chasing this unicorn for sometime and I’m so impressed. Almost bought one of the older ones on the hide several times but I’m happy I waited.

Attachments

• 11695023-9D10-4619-BE32-7CC1F4B7DF34.jpeg
    11695023-9D10-4619-BE32-7CC1F4B7DF34.jpeg
    624.1 KB · Views: 189
time yet again for my girl to change clothes. going from foundation back to my long range shooting roots and putting her in a McMillan A4 USMC stock.

will i need anything fit wise? 22" MTU. and i assume i can use my vudoo bottom metal but if not i will get a m5 from somewhere.

also big thanks to @Krob95 for doing the footwork to procure said stock

• Love
Reactions: MPrimo and Krob95
Tested Eley ammo for the first time in my Vudoo this morning. These are 4 consecutive 5 shot groups shot at 100m with Eley Match. Shot Gr 1 first, then adjusted 1 click up and 2 clicks right. Thereafter shot Gr 2 & Gr 3. Last group was shot after conditions changed - had to wait for a few other shooters to setup on the range.

Attachments

• IMG_7694.JPG
    IMG_7694.JPG
    536 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_7695.JPG
    IMG_7695.JPG
    285.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_7716.JPG
    IMG_7716.JPG
    322.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_7718.JPG
    IMG_7718.JPG
    302 KB · Views: 169
Tested Eley ammo for the first time in my Vudoo this morning. These are 4 consecutive 5 shot groups shot at 100m with Eley Match. Shot Gr 1 first, then adjusted 1 click up and 2 clicks right. Thereafter shot Gr 2 & Gr 3. Last group was shot after conditions changed - had to wait for a few other shooters to setup on the range.
Those are outstanding groups at 100m 👍🏼

Thanks, I just bought a case (5000) of this lot Eley Match. It's the only Eley lot that I tested but it performed better than the four different lots Center-X that I tested.

Thanks, I just bought a case (5000) of this lot Eley Match. It's the only Eley lot that I tested but it performed better than the four different lots Center-X that I tested.
I tested about a dozen different lots of Lapua Center-X back in 2018 before finding a lot that was definitely worth buying in quantity. Has Lapua found a way to produce better quality lots on average since then? The first & so far only time I've sent one of my V22 repeaters to Mesa to have it lot tested in 2019, Daniel tested five or six lots of CX plus all the Midas+ they had in stock at the time, and there was one lot of CX that shot better than any of the Midas+, and that was slightly better than any of the rest of the CX he had on hand. At that time, CX was $1000/case, and I bought 2 cases of it - by far the most money I'd ever spent at one time on 22RF ammo at that point in time. I questioned my sanity for spending that much back then, but had I known what the future of match quality 22RF ammo was going to be like just a year or so later, I'd have bought twice as much of it...even if it meant selling another rifle to pay for it.

Reactions: CBeck
I'd mortgage the house and buy all I could. You'll never find any better.

Picked my Vudoo up from Modacam Friday after having it rebarreled with a 24” Krieger. Much easier to balance in the Foundation stock now with no additional weight needed. My rifle is actually lighter overall now than it was with the 22” MTU from Vudoo since I had to add weight for balance. Got some rounds through it Friday evening at 50 and 75 yards with multiple flavors of ammo. It is not picky on ammo. Picture is of the first 5 shot group I fired at 100 yards Saturday morning with Eley match. Shot it again this morning at 110 yards and 10 5 shot groups averaged just over .6”. No lot testing or tuning yet but I’m very happy with it so far.

Attachments

• 94581C86-9769-429C-AC2A-2C72389C98D0.jpeg
    94581C86-9769-429C-AC2A-2C72389C98D0.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 195
  • D1A73BC6-9A52-4F44-A384-D1011F1C109F.jpeg
    D1A73BC6-9A52-4F44-A384-D1011F1C109F.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 191
  • FDD62D9B-A2A8-4373-B47B-581895B8001F.jpeg
    FDD62D9B-A2A8-4373-B47B-581895B8001F.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 191
  • 8B379CA8-5CF2-4227-A1AE-293CB00F8647.jpeg
    8B379CA8-5CF2-4227-A1AE-293CB00F8647.jpeg