• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Just finished my first Vudoo Build. Super excited to go try it out!

Specs:
  • Vudoo 360 Action with Large Knob
  • Bartlein 24 - 1.20 inch Straight Spun Polished Barrel
  • MPA Matrix Pro Chassis (Blue Raspberry) - 3 Internal Weights up front + Steel Spigot
  • TriggerTech Diamond Single Stage Flat Trigger
  • Arken EP-5 - 5-25x56 MIL Scope with Vortex Pro Series Medium Rings
  • AccuTac FD-4 Bipod
  • Sikes Clutch Knob
  • L3i Design Solutions 700 Elite Rimfire Magazine
1708972685237.png

1708972702192.png

1708972721135.png

1708972749838.png

Has Vudoo mentioned an updated timeline for the 15 round magazines? I mainly care about the adjustable feed height anyway.

Has Vudoo mentioned an updated timeline for the 15 round magazines? I mainly care about the adjustable feed height anyway.
Here was their reply from October of last year....don't hold your breath!

"Thanks for the inquiry. We’re still trying to get the magazines just right and we’re not there yet. It will be sometime next year before they are out."

Best,

Vudoo Gun Works
St. George, UT
(435) 359-2890

Reactions: dlouie87

No updates to the ETA when I spoke with them last about my order (maybe 2 weeks ago). I'm guessing we'll see it on their media feed when they're ready. Even tried to pre-order some and they said that was a no go.

No updates to the ETA when I spoke with them last about my order (maybe 2 weeks ago). I'm guessing we'll see it on their media feed when they're ready. Even tried to pre-order some and they said that was a no go.
I'm curious what it will be like. At this point we're seriously looking at launching our own billet mag

• Wow
Reactions: Mark_Dorman
I have 2 of the L3i Elite mags and they're definitely very nice quality. I haven't actually shot with them, but they feed my dummy rounds like a champ. Tested them several times because I wanted to make sure they were adjusted properly to not have feeding issues.

I'm curious what it will be like. At this point we're seriously looking at launching our own billet mag

Oh please do! I would 100% buy several if they used the angled feeding system like the RimX mags. I have your Billet mags for the CZ also and love them. Actually had the RSO and a group of people at the range come and check them out the other day. They were all very impressed with the quality and look.

The CZ mags have finally dropped in price as well. Now that they're becoming more popular we can make a larger batch and pass along the savings

I ordered one this past Thursday to try out in the meantime. I don't think it's shipped yet but hopefully it will soon.
You will like them, I've ran about 350-400 rds through mine and they have works very well.

I ordered one this past Thursday to try out in the meantime. I don't think it's shipped yet but hopefully it will soon.
Two thirds of the company is at the hospital welcoming the newest member so shipping has been slightly delayed. We think things will start going out again either Thurs or Friday

Last edited:
Hello!

I took the Vudoo out for the first time this morning and WOW! These things live up to the hype (at least to someone that came from a CZ455). Had about 10 shots to confirm zero and went into testing 4 lots of ammo (Tenex, Center X and SK rifle).

One of the CX lot had the lowest SD and what seems to be the best group so I’m going to start shooting with that lot first. I’m anssuming that’s how people pick lots without over thinking it?

I was amazed about my 10-shot groups @ 50 yards that an average shooter like myself was shooting. I’m 100% satisfied with this set up so far. It was worth the wait. Shout out to Jill and their team @ VGW, she has been awesome to work with.

And thank you to the members on here that hooked it up with the parts on the rifle.

-DL

The build:

V360 w 20moa
23” 1.2 Bartlein Barrel
TT Single Stage Diamond
MPA Pro with internal and external weights
Atlas Cal
Vortex 6-36x with a 20moa mount

Attachments

• IMG_9707.jpeg
    IMG_9707.jpeg
    735 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_9716.jpeg
    IMG_9716.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_9714.jpeg
    IMG_9714.jpeg
    530.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_9702.jpeg
    IMG_9702.jpeg
    576.1 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Hello!

I took the Vudoo out for the first time this morning and WOW! These things live up to the hype (at least to someone that came from a CZ455). Had about 10 shots to confirm zero and went into testing 4 lots of ammo (Tenex, Center X and SK rifle).

One of the CX lot had the lowest SD and what seems to be the best group so I’m going to start shooting with that lot first. I’m anssuming that’s how people pick lots without over thinking it?

I was amazed at 10-shot groups at 50 yards an average shooter like myself was shooting. I’m 100% satisfied with this set up so far. It was worth the wait. Shout out to Jill and their team @ VGW, she has been awesome to work with.

-DL

How long is your 1.2" barrel?

You have internal weights in the chassis also? Going to toss my 24" in a Matrix Pro when it comes in and was wondering.
I have the full set of internal and external weights on there. It’s my heaviest rifle without a doubt. 😂

I did manage to balance it perfectly on a bag/tripod. Sat perfectly still about 2” in front of the magwell.

———-

I do need to adjust the mag catch. For two of the mags, it wasn’t seating correctly so I had to apply some upward pressure for it to feed. Easy fix and was pretty much the only hiccup today.

• Haha
Reactions: Rob01
I have the full set of internal and external weights on there. It’s my heaviest rifle without a doubt. 😂

I did manage to balance it perfectly on a bag/tripod. Sat perfectly still about 2” in front of the magwell.

———-

I do need to adjust the mag catch. For two of the mags, it wasn’t seating correctly so I had to apply some upward pressure for it to feed. Easy fix and was pretty much the only hiccup today.

Damn man! Thing must be 40 pounds! LOL Surprised you needed that much weight out front. I had my 23" in a Matrix Pro I bought used and it had 4 weights inside in front and it balanced pretty good. Might have been able to use two outer weights or the kit the sell to take some weight off the back to be perfect.

I was lucky as the one I got had been used with a Vudoo so mag catch was perfect. It looks like an easy adjustment though.

• Haha
Reactions: dlouie87
Damn man! Thing must be 40 pounds! LOL Surprised you needed that much weight out front. I had my 23" in a Matrix Pro I bought used and it had 4 weights inside in front and it balanced pretty good. Might have been able to use two outer weights or the kit the sell to take some weight off the back to be perfect.

I was lucky as the one I got had been used with a Vudoo so mag catch was perfect. It looks like an easy adjustment though.
I’ll have to tinker with it after testing it out on the field vs shooting off a bench. I’m looking forward to the next trip out. Hopefully a NRL practice that allows me to maneuver with it

Last edited:
You have internal weights in the chassis also? Going to toss my 24" in a Matrix Pro when it comes in and was wondering.

I have the 24 inch 1.20 in a Matrix Pro. I have 3 internal weights and the steel spigot and balances perfectly (IMO - about 2.5 inches in front of the bag stop). It'll balance without them okay, but it'll tip back off a bag with a little pressure or bumping. You could easily get away with 2 external weights instead of the 3 internal. I just liked the look more without the external.

IMG_6548.jpeg

IMG_6557.jpeg

This is also with a 39oz scope. Rifle weighs in at ~19lbs.

Went a different way.

Threw my 360 in a XLR Element magnesium chassis.

Balance is on point, almost front heavy. I need to put it on a scale, but it's much more manageable weight wise than my matrix pro with additional weights.

I do miss wider forend tho...

1000012487.jpg

Last edited:
Went a different way.

Threw my 360 in a XLR Element magnesium chassis.

Balance is on point, almost front heavy. I need to put it on a scale, but it's much more manageable weight wise than my matrix pro with additional weights.

I do miss wider forend tho...

View attachment 8361048

I will say the Matrix Pro and 24" Barrel are quite hefty and I wouldn't mind losing a couple lbs off it. I actually just picked up a Manners PRS-TCS to see if I can drop a pound or two overall. I decided I really like the feel of the Manners stocks after handling our other rifle side by side with the Matrix. Guess we'll see how it really feels after I get it put together though.

Reactions: Badjujuu
I will say the Matrix Pro and 24" Barrel are quite hefty and I wouldn't mind losing a couple lbs off it. I actually just picked up a Manners PRS-TCS to see if I can drop a pound or two overall. I decided I really like the feel of the Manners stocks after handling our other rifle side by side with the Matrix. Guess we'll see how it really feels after I get it put together though.
It feels great!
It's my backup LH V22 Gen2. The combo works great. It's bit rear heavy but manageable I also don't have all the weights in arca.
20220509_115048.jpg

Last edited:

Did you take any of the weights out of the Matrix? With all the internal and the two outside weights it added a lot of weight. You can lighten the rear with their new kit to do so and it might work for you. Worth playing with.

The TCS will also work. This is mine with a 23" 1.2" barrel and it balances pretty well and is under 20 pounds.

i-GcHWQqJ-X26.jpg

Did you take any of the weights out of the Matrix? With all the internal and the two outside weights it added a lot of weight. You can lighten the rear with their new kit to do so and it might work for you. Worth playing with.

The TCS will also work. This is mine with a 23" 1.2" barrel and it balances pretty well and is under 20 pounds.

View attachment 8361763

I only have the 3 internal in it right now. That's adding about 11.1 oz to the forend. I did consider picking up their new polymer Bag Rider and Cheek Comb to drop ~10oz off the back. That would give me a solid 20oz off the whole setup as I'm assuming I wouldn't need the internal weights after that.

We'll see how I like the overall feel of the two side by side. The weight is part of the equation but I think I might just prefer the CF stock feel to the Aluminum Chassis at this point. I'll keep you all posted on the results and how I feel about both. I will say I do like the wide forend of the Matrix Pro. Feels extra stable on bags.

@Rob01 I just realized your post on RFC form my Barrel Selection thread was the reason I really started to look into the Manners stocks (and why I picked one up for the CZ). So thank you for that. Your avatar/profile picture is different on there so I didn't make the connection as quickly as I should have 😅

I played around with my 23'' in a MPA over the weekend and took off about 3lbs!

I ended up taking all the steel external weights off and most internal plates. I left 2 internal plate in the middle of the forearm. It feels much better. Thank you for all the different combinations listed in this thread.

Manners TCS just arrived today and couldn't help but spend my lunch getting it put together. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the results. The stock feels really good to hold and get behind. I still need to make all the fine adjustments, but overall I am pleased with it. It's about 1.25 lbs lighter than the MPA Matrix Pro, but I would get than down by another pound if I change out to an Aluminum Rail (like the Area 419 - 6oz). The rifle balances just fine without the rail and the steel version is ~1.4 lbs with no weight and I kept one weight in front to fill the space.

1709684363073.png
1709684344816.png
1709684371331.png

1709685035506.png

Looks really good! So selling the Matrix soon? Lol

I think so. I'm going to wait until I can get out an shoot before making a final decision, but I already like the feel a lot better. Though I may have to change to a curved trigger with this stock. The flat just doesn't feel as good with the stock vs the chassis.

Reactions: Rob01 and dlouie87
My stock finally arrived! McMillan U10-7 with LH V360 and a 22" bartlein MTU.

View attachment 8374004
View attachment 8374005
Oh oh that’s sweet! And also one of the very short list of stocks with a shorter grip-to-trigger distance. The other being that same stock with a butt hook (U-10) and KWM’s Sentinel. In chassis rifles, AI has it right as well.

And that’s a good set of pics. Amazing how crappy the pics are that manufacturers make of their own products.

I wear either medium or large gloves. The guys who design Manners, Foundation, and many other stocks all seem to all have XXL hands.

I have the 24 inch 1.20 in a Matrix Pro. I have 3 internal weights and the steel spigot and balances perfectly (IMO - about 2.5 inches in front of the bag stop). It'll balance without them okay, but it'll tip back off a bag with a little pressure or bumping. You could easily get away with 2 external weights instead of the 3 internal. I just liked the look more without the external.

View attachment 8360772
View attachment 8360782

This is also with a 39oz scope. Rifle weighs in at ~19lbs.
That’s an interesting color. Wondering what it is? I was torn between MPA’s standard blue and red. Went with red. Brenda says it’s ok but she really does not care for the color. I think it looks great with the black accepts, Just like Yours. My difference, is, I needed a lightweight rifle. My two 6GT’s weight right at 19 pounds. So, with the lightweight chassis and the thinner barrel profile, I am at 12 pounds, one once. Much nicer on my 75 year old shoulder. So, Brenda was ok with what I spent If, I got a lighter rifle.

That’s an interesting color. Wondering what it is? I was torn between MPA’s standard blue and red. Went with red. Brenda says it’s ok but she really does not care for the color. I think it looks great with the black accepts, Just like Yours. My difference, is, I needed a lightweight rifle. My two 6GT’s weight right at 19 pounds. So, with the lightweight chassis and the thinner barrel profile, I am at 12 pounds, one once. Much nicer on my 75 year old shoulder. So, Brenda was ok with what I spent If, I got a lighter rifle.

It's "Blue Raspberry" - Cerakote H-329

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
I was able to add a Gen-1 Vudoo to the safe this weekend. I have been looking for a couple of years and all the stars aligned!! I had the Manners PRS1 already and it is a great matchup. It does require the bipod on the front to get it balanced. The weighted 419 rail has all weights in it as well. Bushnell Match Pro ED is a nice piece of glass for the money. I can't wait to get a little more time behind it. This will be a new loaner rifle and backup for me & my 40X. Rings will probably get swapped out to a little lower set. This should allow for a little more dial adjustment. I have 14mil of up travel on a 50y zero.

IMG_1137.jpegIMG_1138.jpegIMG_1139.jpeg

Last edited:
Well guys, this is odd, couple years back I bought a vudoo from a guy on the hide, it was slick and ran like butter, fast forward a couple years and after not shooting it for awhile I got it back out and the little bolt guide on the bottom is catching on the back stroke and closing stroke when the bolt handle is lifted, just about makes it unusable. I know things like this dont happen sitting in the safe, but im lost at what I did to cause it. Video will be attached to show what's going on. Any help would be appreciated.

Well guys, this is odd, couple years back I bought a vudoo from a guy on the hide, it was slick and ran like butter, fast forward a couple years and after not shooting it for awhile I got it back out and the little bolt guide on the bottom is catching on the back stroke and closing stroke when the bolt handle is lifted, just about makes it unusable. I know things like this dont happen sitting in the safe, but im lost at what I did to cause it. Video will be attached to show what's going on. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you dryfired it much? Mine is a Gen 1.2 I believe and I had a similar issue (only while no magazine was in). Vudoo warrantied it for free (paid for shipping too) and basically did a setback on the breach + switched out some stuff on the bolt. Something about how the breachface / bolt combo was causing a burr to develop on the bolt that caught on the ejector. I'd call Vudoo and ask if your issue could be the same.

Reactions: Cz455guru
Have you dryfired it much? Mine is a Gen 1.2 I believe and I had a similar issue (only while no magazine was in). Vudoo warrantied it for free (paid for shipping too) and basically did a setback on the breach + switched out some stuff on the bolt. Something about how the breachface / bolt combo was causing a burr to develop on the bolt that caught on the ejector. I'd call Vudoo and ask if your issue could be the same.
I have definitely dry fired it, I would say couple 1000 times if not more, I figured I would give them a call if a easy fix didn't come up here. I will add it is marginally better with a mag but still is very annoying.

Last edited:

You are influencing the bolt over to make it hit that way.

*** Clean your damn gun!!!!! ***

Yeah it seems you are twisting it a certain way to get it to hit. I would load a mag and run the rifle like it will be run and not super slow or twisting a certain way. Not saying you are doing any of this to cause it but just trying to help you see if it's an actual use issue or if it's something that doesn't happen in use.

Also as mentioned, clean the rifle. ;)

I'll just add that if your action isn't an early Gen 1, the issue I had is probably not the one you're having. Mine is a serial # in the 1900s, which isn't that early but still decently early. I believe they fixed the issue I had on all their actions at a certain point, probably before the Gen 2.

I'll just add that if your action isn't an early Gen 1, the issue I had is probably not the one you're having. Mine is a serial # in the 1900s, which isn't that early but still decently early. I believe they fixed the issue I had on all their actions at a certain point, probably before the Gen 2.
Mine is 1706 I'll call vudoo.

You are influencing the bolt over to make it hit that way.

*** Clean your damn gun!!!!! ***
Why does it offend you if my rifle gets dirty? You take a close up video with camera light on and see if yours looks much better. I buy my rifles to shoot and use not to clean and pamper. Also answers like yours don't help problems. It a way of trying to tell the asker your dumb im smart. Btw I was trying to rock the bolt to test the extremes but if you say for one second how it is catching is normal i can wright you off. Typical internet stuff.

Last edited:
Mine is 1706 I'll call vudoo.
I'm not going to armchair diagnose but definitely call them and let us know what they say. They did a barrel setback for me in the fractions of an inch and changed the breach to better accommodate dryfire. Plus changed out a part or two on the bolt itself that had developed the burrs. It was covered under warranty and they probably had it for 3-4 weeks since at least at the time they were a little backlogged.