• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

There were 19 shooters. It looked like a Vudoo Convention. I would estimate approximatley 15 Vudoo's. Most of the Vudoo's were mounted in different chassis (MPA, J Allen and others). A few were in Manners or McMillan stocks. I also saw a CZ 455 (KRG Chassis), 10-22 (Magpul stock), and a Summit straight pull action (conventional styled stock). I saw no Sako, Anshutz, Rem 40X, etc or any other manufacturer that I can recall. Scopes were Athlon, Leupold, Nightforce, Vortex, Kahles, Burris and probably a few others I can't remember. The scopes were mounted on canted rails with various degrees of cant. I saw some rails canted as much as 60 degrees. A few competitors had Heritage Arms Cold Shot MOAB/MRAB adjustable rails (72mil/150MOA WOW). Most bipods were either Harris or an Atlas of some type. Two of contestants (including one who made 3 consecutive hits at 440yrds) used a bipod that it's legs that were positioned super wide with skid feet. People referred to their rigs jokingly as ski mobiles. Ammo I saw was Lapua, SK, and Eley. A few of the competitors rifles were equipped with suppressors.

The weather was in the 40's F in the morning and by afternoon warmed up to 62F. There was almost no wind with brief periods of super light wind with little to no mirage. Wind shifted direction at various directions throughout the match

It was a well run match and everyone had a great time. The hits on the steel targets were confirmed with multiple spotters using nice high power spotting scopes. The targets were also rigged with RED LED lights that flashed when the target was hit as an additional que. The targets were set up at 221yrds, 330yrds, 410yrds, 422yrds, 440yrds, and 550yrds.

Lots of interesting equipment. All the rigs performed quite well and performance wise appeared competitive. At the next event I hope to see many more manufactures represented. It was a learning experience for sure and everyone had a great time.

Last edited:
Reactions: JPOPS and Travis T
We were so lucky with the weather conditions for the match. It rained for 3 days before the match and we've had 3 days of 15-25mph winds after the match. Saturday, match day was near perfect conditions. It was more fun than I imagined beforehand with shooting 30 or less rounds. I've had responses from many of the competitors wanting to continue this match in the future and maybe adding a midyear match into the equation. This type of shooting is challenging to say the least but it is also a kick in the pants when you hear that gong at 400+ yards.

Just got my first V22 set up. This was a 20" Kukri barreled action that Mike posted as an over run. My other V22 will be here in a month or so and is a 22" Bartlein with graphite black cerakote. Heading to the range tomorrow and Monday. Fortunately my club has a 100 yard underground rifle tube so I don't have to shoot outside in the cold.

View attachment 7007522
Groups!? Lol

Anybody drop their V-22 in a KRG X-RAY? If so, what is weight and how do you like it? Is it worth the extra $$ vs Bravo? Also anybody that has owned both MPA and KRG which one did you like better? I’ve got my V-22 in a Terrain w/ Vudoo DBM right now but considering dropping it into a chassis. Like to get some thoughts.

I know I'm way late, been busy wearing out my V22!

20190105_120908.jpg

Heres mine in an XRay, i love it, also have an Ingenuity rail on which skews the weight, but with the Athlon ETR on top it's not light. Still a bit lighter than my match rifle that I built this to mimic, but definitely not a walkaround. Have not weighed it, sorry.

Honestly the Xray doesnt have 200.00 worth of options the Bravo doesn't, I went this route for my match clone.

I know I'm way late, been busy wearing out my V22!

View attachment 7011254

Heres mine in an XRay, i love it, also have an Ingenuity rail on which skews the weight, but with the Athlon ETR on top it's not light. Still a bit lighter than my match rifle that I built this to mimic, but definitely not a walkaround. Have not weighed it, sorry.

Honestly the Xray doesnt have 200.00 worth of options the Bravo doesn't, I went this route for my match clone.

Thanks for the reply and information

There were 19 shooters. It looked like a Vudoo Convention. I would estimate approximatley 15 Vudoo's. Most of the Vudoo's were mounted in different chassis (MPA, J Allen and others). A few were in Manners or McMillan stocks. I also saw a CZ 455 (KRG Chassis), 10-22 (Magpul stock), and a Summit straight pull action (conventional styled stock). I saw no Sako, Anshutz, Rem 40X, etc or any other manufacturer that I can recall. Scopes were Athlon, Leupold, Nightforce, Vortex, Kahles, Burris and probably a few others I can't remember. The scopes were mounted on canted rails with various degrees of cant. I saw some rails canted as much as 60 degrees. A few competitors had Heritage Arms Cold Shot MOAB/MRAB adjustable rails (72mil/150MOA WOW). Most bipods were either Harris or an Atlas of some type. Two of contestants (including one who made 3 consecutive hits at 440yrds) used a bipod that it's legs that were positioned super wide with skid feet. People referred to their rigs jokingly as ski mobiles. Ammo I saw was Lapua, SK, and Eley. A few of the competitors rifles were equipped with suppressors.

The weather was in the 40's F in the morning and by afternoon warmed up to 62F. There was almost no wind with brief periods of super light wind with little to no mirage. Wind shifted direction at various directions throughout the match

It was a well run match and everyone had a great time. The hits on the steel targets were confirmed with multiple spotters using nice high power spotting scopes. The targets were also rigged with RED LED lights that flashed when the target was hit as an additional que. The targets were set up at 221yrds, 330yrds, 410yrds, 422yrds, 440yrds, and 550yrds.

Lots of interesting equipment. All the rigs performed quite well and performance wise appeared competitive. At the next event I hope to see many more manufactures represented. It was a learning experience for sure and everyone had a great time.

I suspect the bipod was the Phoenix Precision from your description. Also popular with the centerfire long range crowd,

A heads-up if it has not been posted before. Murphy Precision is making Picatinny rails in steel and titanium.

Any update on a single shot insert/magazine? That is the only thing stopping me from getting the V22.

I read the posting by Rick37 If I understand it right the shooter’s had their scopes mounted on a angle,what’s the idea behind this ?..

That gives them the ability to utilize more of the elevation adjustment in their scope when shooting at long ranges... Common practice these days, though 150 MOA was news to me!

Last edited:
With it canted seems like poa would be harder to adjust left to right at diff distances

It's only canted down, so you can utilize more of that up/down erector travel... Windage adjustments & your horizontal stadia(s) remain just that, horizontal.

Now, as you approach the scope's vertical limits (either direction) it is true that you lose windage adjustment because your scope is a tube & your sight picture can suffer because you're at the edge of the lens... But that's getting slightly technical for a beginner (don't know your knowledge level).

Short answer: 20/30 MOA cant & a 100 yard zero are good things.

Ok that makes more sense I thought canted meant off the side of rifle which made no sense to me .
Tilted would have made more sense to me same meaning just my brain thinking different haha

Sloped is a more accurate description than canted - not sure where the use of 'canted' got started, I'd always heard & read 'sloped' in years past.

We are all the same page now haha . Sniper hide is great place . Thank you for the info.

Has anyone rebarreled their gun yet? There was guy on here talking about doing. Trying to get a sense of before and after performance.

Groups!? Lol

My technique definitely needs some work, .22LR is much more challenging for shooting groups at 100 yards. The three brands of ammo the rifle favors so far are Midas+ (0.688", ES 27), Ely Match (0.699", ES 21) and SK Biathalon (0.705, ES 45). This is the average of four 5 shot groups of each ammo after shooting 20 rounds of each to season the barrel for that ammo.

I had trouble with the Ely feeding from a full mag, but it worked fine when mags were downloaded. I'll need to troubleshoot that. I still have Lapua Polar Biathalon to test, and I want to restest Lapua Center X. I shot Center X for the first couple hundred rounds and groups seemed to tighten up as I fired more rounds.

Attachments

• V22 20 Inch Kukri.jpg
    V22 20 Inch Kukri.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 93
I had trouble with the Ely feeding from a full mag, but it worked fine when mags were downloaded. I'll need to troubleshoot that.

If the Eley would not feed into the chamber from the magazine I would be willing to bet it is how you are loading it. For some reason I find that Eley has the tendency to stack rims behind the one below it in the magazine when I load and not pay attention, especially when your trying to get the last few rounds in. Watch the rounds as you stack them up in the magazine, the round on top needs to have its rim in front of the round below it.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Cool looking rifle it reminds me of old German rifles with a twist.

Hey Longrang2 thanks for the info on accuracy’s of different 22 rounds looking forward what you come up with it sure will help when my rifle comes in .

Longrange2 what brand scope u using and what power setting when shooting 100yrds?

Very Nice.I’m so undecided on what optics to put on my Vudoo once it comes in, I own 2 shv & Nxs 8x32 mounted on rifles. A bit partial to Nightforce.

Very Nice.I’m so undecided on what optics to put on my Vudoo once it comes in, I own 2 shv & Nxs 8x32 mounted on rifles. A bit partial to Nightforce.

I’m in the same boat. I’ve got a K525i, ATACR 7-35 at the house and a ZCO soon to be on the way.

I have two vudoos coming so I need two scopes. Thinking the ATACR is definitely going on one, my next decision will either the Kahles or the ZCO.

AB0EDB2F-94A9-48AA-90C2-C4CEB22C8C4A.jpeg

One day hope to own a 7x35 atacr just takes awhile to save that kind of money.
Friend of mine own one and it’s incredible to look through we compared it to my Nxs 8x32 there is a huge difference.

Reactions: JPOPS
Are the v22’s set up the same ? Different purposes?

One is for me in a MPA BA chassis and the other is for my wife in a KRG bravo stock. No particular purpose aside from some NRL22 and fun at the range. Originally I was going to make a
Trainer for my CF, but I just decided to keep it separate and have fun. I don’t particularly like competitions but the NRL22 groups look really cool and laid back. So something fun to get into.

She likes the ATACR the best out of the 3 scopes, and honestly that’s probably the best choice on feature set.

There was a brand new never used ATACR that went for $2,800 on eBay the other day. You can find a good deal if you keep searching.

Cool I’ve a MPA chassis coming too. I’ve been looking for a [steal of a deal]scope but with ording a Vudoo and another rifle build in a MPA chassis I need to recoup some funds.
I wanted a tack driving 22 just to have fun with but built the same as a 6.5 Creedmore I’m building to so either rifle I pick up feels close to the same.
Great your wife shoots with you that is so awesome!

Reactions: JPOPS
Guys, how many of you notice a drastic POI shift with changing weather on your Vudoo's. I have two with the inhouse barrel and with the temperature changes that swing 40+- in a single day; Seems that I have to rezero a lot. Same lot of ammo.

My Anschutz doesn't have this problem. So curious if barrel treatment wise there is a difference. I have a proof Vudoo coming in a few weeks, that'll be my first different brand barrel on the Vudoo's.

I have 2 Vudoo rifles and shoot with about 5 more. Temps swing 30* in a day and we haven't seen POI changes beyond what the ballistic calculators show as the weather changes. It isn't the barrel changing it is the external ballistics between the ammo and environmentals.

JBell recently educated me on the +/- at 40 degrees and .22LR ammo. Now I try to only shoot Lapua Bi Polar under 40 and SK RM above 40. No shift in my zero was a nice discovery, not sure if that's normal?

FWIW - This is my 100yd sighter target from Sunday's 100/200yd match.
SK Pistol Match 38* and foggy. Scope was zeroed at 200 so I dialed -18moa at printed the two rnds at 7 o'clock. I haven't notice much difference in ammo shooting in mid 30* temps.
20190128_101859.jpg

What brand of ammo are you guys noticing shoot best out of your rifles? I live in Southern California and decent .22 is hard to come by, so I’ll have to ship to an FFL. Trying to limit that as much as possible and just get a 5,000 round case.

Most are shooting Lapua Center X and some form of SK.

MB
I know a lot of people been shooting center x but my rifle doesn’t seem to like it. Maybe I need to do more lot testing but it’s hard to find center x where I live. have you come across others with this issue? Sk rifle match shoots well at 50 but opens up and seems to not be that consistent past 100

Last edited:
What brand of ammo are you guys noticing shoot best out of your rifles? I live in Southern California and decent .22 is hard to come by, so I’ll have to ship to an FFL. Trying to limit that as much as possible and just get a 5,000 round case.
I currently shoot Lapua Center-X. It was the first ammo I tried and gave me an average of around 0.3" at 50 yards for 5 shots. I'm not really inclined to test other ammo now since I already have one that shoots well.

Reactions: Greg0326
I know a lot of people been shooting center x but my rifle doesn’t seem to like it. Maybe I need to do more lot testing but it’s hard to find center x where I live. have you come across others with this issue? Sk rifle match shoots well at 50 but opens up and seems to not be that consistent past 100
Try federal gold match and ultra match. I get really good, consistent results with each type

Reactions: Greg0326