• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Congratulations with your birthday present. Mine was for my 71st birthday from me to me.

I have a V-22 with a Kukri 18" Bartlein barrel in a tungsten MPA Competition folder stock, and a Timney 2 stage trigger with a 5x25 Vortex PST Gen II Viper scope. You will love the gun and trigger. I had Vudoo set the trigger as light as possible, which I believe is 8 ounces for each of the stages and love the trigger. I have other triggers, but for the use of this 22 LR rifle this Timney fits perfectly.

I have two Viper Gen II scopes one in front focal plane and one in Second focal plane. Each has it's uses and I will be using each on different guns for the "tactical" matches at my club. I cannot say enough good things about the zero stop and the 25 MOA per revolution turrets!!!!

I recommend you order three extra magazines and a rod guide from Vudoo if you have not does so yet.

Reactions: dwt and AMTGMC
I have the Calvin Elite Adjustable on mine and it's been flawless over 4-5k rounds. It was set at 2lbs for the first 2k, now at 12ozs, it's a crisp consistent trigger, no complaints.

I have an original Jewell 2-stage trigger in my varmint gun that I really like, but wanted a 2-stage for the Vudoo since it primarily used on the bench, but I wanted to try the adjustable shoe of the Calvin Elite Adj. The trade-off for adjustability vs 2-stage was worth it for me.

Reactions: AMTGMC
Well, 51st birthday is next month and haven't had a birthday present in years, so ordered my Vudoo last week; MPA tungsten, 18" Ace kukri, 30 moa rail and Timney 2 stage.
Going to use 4-16 pst gen 1 since I have one I'm not using at the moment but might try a Midas tac or something that goes down to 10 yards.
Wanted a 2 stage trigger and Paul recommended the Timney. I only have Geissele Hi speed DMR and 3 gun trigger to compare to. Question is for those that have felt the Timney, Bix n Andy, Tubb t7t, Super 700 and the new Trigger Tech which one is just the slickest got to have it? Do they work with no problems in the Vudoo?
I have a Rem 700 in 22-250 that has a factory trigger and would put my favorite in the V22.
Thanks, and now the waiting.

I ordered mine last week with the Trigger Tech Diamond. Most of my shooting will be off of a bench so I wanted a trigger that I could adjust down into the low oz's, but still have the ability to adjust higher when not shooting benchrest.

Reactions: dwt
Congratulations with your birthday present. Mine was for my 71st birthday from me to me.

I have a V-22 with a Kukri 18" Bartlein barrel in a tungsten MPA Competition folder stock, and a Timney 2 stage trigger with a 5x25 Vortex PST Gen II Viper scope. You will love the gun and trigger. I had Vudoo set the trigger as light as possible, which I believe is 8 ounces for each of the stages and love the trigger. I have other triggers, but for the use of this 22 LR rifle this Timney fits perfectly.

I have two Viper Gen II scopes one in front focal plane and one in Second focal plane. Each has it's uses and I will be using each on different guns for the "tactical" matches at my club. I cannot say enough good things about the zero stop and the 25 MOA per revolution turrets!!!!

I recommend you order three extra magazines and a rod guide from Vudoo if you have not does so yet.

That's great to hear, hope I'm still able and shooting this in 20 years! If I am I gaurentee I won't be thinking about the cost!
My local range here in Ohio is 200yds and I belong to another in PA that is 600yds so this 22 just made more sense to me. Growing group of Vudoo owners here in Ohio from what I hear, I think a little south of me.
Wife likes shooting the CZ 17hmr so that made it a little easier. That and somehow she gets new flooring and paint for my Birthday ?.
Take care

Reactions: BillOH and dwt
What ammo does Lapua use at their test range? Is it only Center X or is it whatever you ask them to test? I saw a YouTube video of the Eley Test Range in Texas, and it seemed like they were only using Tenex, which I guess is supposed to be their best (and most expensive ammo). But what if your guy might shoot better with Eley Match, or some other Eley ammo?

Here's the latest one, Vudoo V22 with 22 inch Bartlein barrel, Manners PRS2 and Schmidt & Bender PMII. I still need to get a different sent of rings but these work for now. It has a Calvin Elite trigger but will probably install a Trigger Tech at some point.
Vudoo V22 22 inch Bartlein.jpg

Ill piggyback on a shoutout to Vudoo gunworks as well. I ordered one a couple weeks ago and was so impressed with the whole crew and operation I added a second one for my wife.

I own my own company and run the sales/customer service side of things. I understand how hard it can be to be patient on the phone and go through multiple questions and order changes etc. They handle their customers extremely well.

Can’t wait for them to arrive

Looking at ordering my first one, I’m primarily a hunter and love to target shoot. Thinking the Sinister model with Specter contour would be a good one to start with. Thoughts?

I like the Kukri contour because I wanted something close to my centerfire rifles for practice. I think I’d Like a Spectre contour for hunting, especially if Vudoo comes out with a lower profile magazine for that purpose.

Here is my 18" spectre barreled action. Have a gap camo McMillan Classic on order but until then using my old 700 BDL stock to get by. Weighs just under 7.5 pounds at present. Only issue and not related to Vudoo in anyway is the first trigger I installed went down after a few dry fires. Bolt would not stay cocked. So no shooting yet, but new trigger will be here soon. The BDL is inlet for the PTG bottom metal and seems to work fine for this. I knocked the sheen off of it with 0000 steel wool and some stock wax.

what barrel do you guys recommend for best accuracy? bartlein, vudoo ace, or proof? it doesn't cost anything to change barrels and the people there didnt give me too many details besides that bartlein is a downgrade, but i figure asking you guys for outside opinions is a good idea. most people in prs and nrl use barts so i figure maybe them for best accuracy regardless?

Last edited:
Reactions: Behindenemylines
what did you weight in at, this is exactly the route I want to take with a raven or similar for silhouette weight restricitons. Nice look about it.

what did you weight in at, this is exactly the route I want to take with a raven or similar for silhouette weight restricitons. Nice look about it.

if you go apparition, krg bravo and spectre 16.5 will make weight for usbr custom class and nra silhouette

I've got a recent production 22" Bartlein Kukri and it shoots great, I don't see how its a downgrade. The Ace barrel I had shot well too. I don't think you can go wrong with any of their barrels, they all have to meet Vudoo's standards. I think there is an upcharge for the Proof barrels.

I've got a recent production 22" Bartlein Kukri and it shoots great, I don't see how its a downgrade. The Ace barrel I had shot well too. I don't think you can go wrong with any of their barrels, they all have to meet Vudoo's standards. I think there is an upcharge for the Proof barrels.

ill probably get either an 18" kukri vudoo ace or bartlein. both brands say their bbls are second to none so im having really hard time deciding. i think both are single point cut rifling with lots of hand lapping after. bartlein is probably the safer choice id imagine given how proven they are, but im wondering if the one made by vudoo would be a better fit/match harmonically or something

I was wondering about barrels too. If you don't have any experience with a certain barrel, how do you decide. I was just going to go with the Vudoo made barrel, but obviously, some of these other brands are pretty big names.

ill probably get either an 18" kukri vudoo ace or bartlein. both brands say their bbls are second to none so im having really hard time deciding. i think both are single point cut rifling with lots of hand lapping after. bartlein is probably the safer choice id imagine given how proven they are, but im wondering if the one made by vudoo would be a better fit/match harmonically or something
I was wondering about barrels too. If you don't have any experience with a certain barrel, how do you decide. I was just going to go with the Vudoo made barrel, but obviously, some of these other brands are pretty big names.
The Ace and Bartlein appear to be very close given the variables between the manufacturers own barrels. I haven't seen/read anything about the Proof rimfire barrels performance to date.

Regarding lapping, my Kukri profile Ace barrel after shooting a 100-150 rounds of SV/SK/Lapua is clean after pushing 3 dry cotton patches down it. Usually the 3rd patch has only a slight trace of residue on it.

Either barrel should treat you well, if for some reason you have issues, rest assured the team at Vudoo will treat you right. (y)

Via my phone calls to Vudoo

The ace/bartlein barrels are more accurate than the proof barrel. Very marginal difference.

It’s a toss up between the bartlein and the Ace.

Proof is a $350 upcharge and I don’t believe there is an upcharge to go to the bartlein from the Ace.

Ultimately i went with the Ace barrel. It’s designed together so I figured that would be the best mate. Hope this helps.

I’d just give them a call and discuss the barrels.

Aren't they testing out other barrels at this time? I'd be interested to see what they have to offer in the future...maybe shilen, douglas, etc.

hey guys, i posted a few pages ago but no info as of yet.

is there any accuracy difference between the barrel lengths

i have a 16 bart i think, my brother might want to pick one up.

if there is a difference ill steer him etc..

I have 2 rifles, one with the Ace and one with the Bartlein.They both shoot great. If I order another I will go Ace again.

Break-in is critical. I started by pushing a wet patch and then 2 dry VFG pellets. Then I shot 500 rounds and repeated. They both have a bit over 2000 rounds now and should be broken in in another year or two. I shoot several disciplines one of which is bencherest. I see a flyer here and there after 500 rounds so that is when and why I clean, once again 1 wet followed by 2 dry. About 5 minutes and they settle in after 5-7 new rounds fired.

thanks for the info, funny how a 22 takes 1000's of rounds to break in.

Just curious quickdraw, if both the Ace and the Bartlein barrels shoot great, why would you choose the Ace the next time? Is it because the Ace is the Vudoo brand, or some other reason?

With regard to break in, wow, 1,000's of rounds to break in, incredible! Is there a finite life to .22 barrels? Has anyone shot one out? How many rounds would that be?

What's the most common chassis that you guys are using? Heard from another user that the MPA had some issues, he put the action in a different stock and it came to life. Trying to see if this was isolated or common issue with the MPA.

Anyone using the AI AT?

Using a ax post 2014. Fit like a glove.

16.5" barrel sticks out just past the forearm.

Just put a kahles 10-50 moak on it. Hopefully getting to shoot this weekend

What's the most common chassis that you guys are using? Heard from another user that the MPA had some issues, he put the action in a different stock and it came to life. Trying to see if this was isolated or common issue with the MPA.

Anyone using the AI AT?

“Issues?” Like shooter problems Or actual problems with the MPA? I find it hard to believe Vudoo would send a rifle out that isn’t working with the stock/chassis

@EddieE

I’ve got one coming in a MPA chassis. I guess we will see, I trust that Vudoo wouldn’t ship it out with issues. I haven’t heard of any other issues like this so I’ll just assume it’s isolated.

@EddieE

I’ve got one coming in a MPA chassis. I guess we will see, I trust that Vudoo wouldn’t ship it out with issues. I haven’t heard of any other issues like this so I’ll just assume it’s isolated.

keep us posted. I would get the MPA if I were buying one.

I'm running my V22 in an MPA comp chassis. It's great. But there is a feeding issue if you put pressure against the magazine, like when using a bag on a barricade. MPA has a fix for it. A little piece to be inserted in the space above the mag release. I also hear they may be working on a new mag release to address the issue too. I have not, yet, tried either.

With regard to break in, wow, 1,000's of rounds to break in, incredible! Is there a finite life to .22 barrels? Has anyone shot one out? How many rounds would that be?

Yes, I have had some 22lr barrels that I have "shot out". Keep in mind that is a VERY subjective term!! You will not shoot the throat out of a 22lr like a centerfire, but rather the fouling from firing will eventually degrade the surface finish of the bore (usually at the bottom) to the point where accuracy suffers. So by subjective I mean I have replaced barrels that no longer shot as well as they have in the past (even after attempts to bring them back to life with cleaning, and confirming there is no damage from cleaning which is the #1 leading cause of mortality for rimfire barrels). Everyone has an acceptable accuracy level for a particular rifle that has a particular purpose. The few barrels I have replaced were still better than most any factory barrel and as good as most custom barrels some of the time, but they had lost their edge.

As far as round count, I have no idea. It was a lot...

I moved my Vudoo over to a MPA from a Grayboe stock, much happier with it. I have not seen the magazine issues described using a front bag.

Reactions: JPOPS
Great news today! Got the call from Jill at Vudoo today that my 2nd Vudoo barreled action was done and shipped today. Ordered it on January 9th. It is a 22" Bartlien Kukri with 30moa rail. The bad news: it is due to arrive at my FFL on Monday, they're closed on Monday, so can't pick it up till Tuesday.

Anyone using the AI AT?

My first Vudoo is in a MPA comp chassis. After 2000 rounds not one issue with it feeding or the mag. I shoot off a barricade with a bag quite a bit. My second Vudoo will going in a MPA too.

hey guys, i posted a few pages ago but no info as of yet.

is there any accuracy difference between the barrel lengths

i have a 16 bart i think, my brother might want to pick one up.

if there is a difference ill steer him etc..

No difference until after 22”. That’s where you will start seeing some velocity drop off.

No difference until after 22”. That’s where you will start seeing some velocity drop off.

Which is not always a bad thing in rimfire, depending on your application. It is purely anecdotical because every barrel is different but I have had more 24" - 27" barrels shoot better than 16" - 22", noticeably better. Basically every long barrel I have owned or shot has been superbly accurate and a bit more tolerant to different ammo where I have noticed the shorter barrels usually 18" - 22" be a bit more sensitive to ammo.

Again this is so hard to do any scientific research / evaluation it is merely a talking point, certainly not any reason to choose one over the other. When I have the option I tend to choose longer than shorter though. When I had my V22 built I almost asked if they would use a customer supplied blank and go to 24", but after a lot of talk it over with Jay one day I simply wanted to "let the artist paint me whatever they desired" just so I can see how it turns out. I have had it a few months now, but it is winter in Maine so I have no real data on how it shoots yet (I disregard any results below about 40f).

Reactions: RAVAGE88
what barrel length, contour, and weight by extension, do you guys recommend for a NRL22/PRS rimfire? im stuck between 18in kukri/20in kukri, and 18in/20in MTU. im tempted to go MTU, but im already worried about its weight. the final build will set at around 13lbs for the 18in kukri, and 14lbs for the MTU. is that too heavy for the offhand and positional shooting?

thanks for all the advice guys!

Last edited:
what barrel length, contour, and weight by extension, do you guys recommend for a NRL22/PRS rimfire? im stuck between 18in kukri/20in kukri, and 18in/20in MTU. im tempted to go MTU, but im already worried about its weight. the final build will set at around 13lbs for the 18in kukri, and 14lbs for the MTU. is that too heavy for the offhand and positional shooting?

thanks for all the advice guys!

Personally I'd go lighter. My MPA/Kukri 18" Vudoo tips the scales around 13lbs kitted out (see post 2088 for pic) and while I like it a lot , if I know the COF is going to use a lot of movement with shorter ranges, I'm half temped to grab my CZ455 tact at 9.75lbs.

Just curious quickdraw, if both the Ace and the Bartlein barrels shoot great, why would you choose the Ace the next time? Is it because the Ace is the Vudoo brand, or some other reason?

They do both shoot great. It's just a personal opinion on my part that I developed over time and thru conversations. I don't want to get into it all but maybe there is a reason that Vudoo developed the rifle using the Ace barrel. In any case you won't get a rifle from Vudoo that isn't top quality and doesn't shoot great. Every barrel goes through multiple checks before they are chambered and installed.

I and a few other guys went with the MPA BA Lite chassis. I love that chassis, great egos and versatility. There is a lead time on the chassis though because they are so popular in competition shooting, I believe #1 last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cmkaco