• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I have seen some Vudoos with spiral fluted barrels (not my thing, but they do look cool). But I really would like a spiral bolt. Has anyone ever seen Vudoo do that, or is the .22lr bolt too small?

I have seen some Vudoos with spiral fluted barrels (not my thing, but they do look cool). But I really would like a spiral bolt. Has anyone ever seen Vudoo do that, or is the .22lr bolt too small?

My 22" bartlein v22

Give it about 500 rounds and then step up in ammo quality and see how it stacks up against your CZ. Also was that with the suppressor on? Did you try it with the suppressor off?

Reactions: Rthur
Question for you guys. Have a 2 ounce Shilen trigger on mine. Have to admit I kind of like it, but pretty light nonetheless for a rig that might get hunted a bit. If I have a Timney CE with bolt release, does that matter at all or can I just mount it up as is with the bolt release on the trigger?

Shooting it out of my son's McMillan stock right now while waiting for mine to arrive. Figured if it would work, would swap triggers when I swap stocks perhaps. Thank you

anyone using the blamm mag extensions? any other cool accessories out there from other vendors?

Has anybody shot an Appleseed with their Vudoo?

Has anybody shot an Appleseed with their Vudoo?
That would be rough as most vudoo's weigh in over 12 lbs. , I'd personally use a rifle a lot lighter. 450+ shots over 2 days with just a sling and no bipod support makes for a heavy rifle, especially the standing offhand AQT targets. Sure you could do it, but this is one of the few exceptions that I'd recommend something lighter.

To be fair, most vudoo's have a fairly heavy barrel profile which is where most of the weight is. I'm still kicking around the idea of a lightweight sporter profile vudoo under 8.5lbs total to make hunter class in the silhouette game.

The more I shoot my Vudoo the better it gets. At the 550rd mark now and it has continued to tighten up. I've got a better handle on bolt manipulation technique to run it smoothly. Two distinct movements. Raise the bolt up to the limit of travel and then one can rock the hand back and forth in a short, smooth motion: click-click, easily inside the hands range of motion. And back down. I find if I try to run it like my TL3 or CZ; one fast motion,like you're rounding the 90* corner off of the bolt throw it'll bind. It's kinda like a fast toggle once you raise the bolt.
It gets better (y)

Anyone have any problems with magazine feeding? I got a Vudoo barreled action and dropped it in a Manners T6A DBM mini-chassis stock and have issues with the bolt picking up rounds. If I push up on the magazine they feed fine. I took the barreled action out of the chassis and then put it back in and tightened the back action screw first. This fixed the problem for a little bit, but then it started happening again. I looked over the magazines. 3 of them and they all do it, and it seems to me that the followers have been ground down too much. Either that or the back latch nub was ground down too far. Any ideas on how to fix would be appreciated.

By the way, the rifle shoots great!!

They can require precise fitment/fine-tuning for seating depth, front, and rear support. Analyze the seating depth and how the mag is oriented front to rear. How perpendicular is it to the action? Sounds like the rear needs to pivot up. Try slipping a shim in the lower front portion of the magwell to pivot the rear up and see how it feeds.

I'm shooting from the hip as I'm not familiar with the Manners stock. This trick would work with my KRG.

Also make sure the mag followers move freely at the top range of their stroke, some have had tight clearance and need the backside of the finger grip pins relieved.

reubenski's fix is a proper cure if the mag is low in the rear. KRG made a release with w taller arm for that reason.

Last edited:
Anyone have any problems with magazine feeding? I got a Vudoo barreled action and dropped it in a Manners T6A DBM mini-chassis stock and have issues with the bolt picking up rounds. If I push up on the magazine they feed fine. I took the barreled action out of the chassis and then put it back in and tightened the back action screw first. This fixed the problem for a little bit, but then it started happening again. I looked over the magazines. 3 of them and they all do it, and it seems to me that the followers have been ground down too much. Either that or the back latch nub was ground down too far. Any ideas on how to fix would be appreciated.

By the way, the rifle shoots great!!

I know it does not help you at all but I have mine in a Manners Mini-Chassis and out of 6 magazines that I have they all feed 100%. I bet like other have said simply a longer mag catch will square you away. Best of luck and enjoy the rifle!

I know it does not help you at all but I have mine in a Manners Mini-Chassis and out of 6 magazines that I have they all feed 100%. I bet like other have said simply a longer mag catch will square you away. Best of luck and enjoy the rifle!
Thanks everyone! I sent an email to Vudoo shortly after posting here and they already replied to me. They suggested the same thing, to get ahold of Manners and get a longer magazine latch. So I'm going to try that.

What a great little rifle this is! And what great customer service to reply to me so fast. I wasn't expecting that.

I literally shot a one hole group today at 25 yards, 5 rounds, with Winchester Super Suppressed 45 gr. Ammo off a bipod with rear bag. Can't wait to try other ammo out.

Last edited:

Wasn't able to make it to the range this weekend, but really wanted to try the new Vudoo out, so I shot this in my garage. Needless to say, I'm very happy!

anyone using the blamm mag extensions? any other cool accessories out there from other vendors?

2 rounds isnt worth it to me
hoping someone comes out with a snail/double drum mag for 20-50 rounds
take a whole box and load it up

Reactions: reubenski
From a training perspective, I prefer 10rnds.

More and more matches are requiring mag changes during stages. I’m assuming that is to get around the mag extensions and such.

So I just leave my vudoo mags at 10 and work on mage changes when needed.

it would be nice during a regular range day to load up 2-3 mags and go shooting

especially when its cold out, reloading those little bastards suck in the cold

im probably jaded though my state only allows 10 rounds now...

it would be nice during a regular range day to load up 2-3 mags and go shooting

especially when its cold out, reloading those little bastards suck in the cold

im probably jaded though my state only allows 10 rounds now...

That is why I have 6 magazines for mine. When it is in the low teens and windy... well first off I do my best to NOT go shooting but after a few months of it you have to suck it up and go. That is when 60 rounds loaded in the warmth of my house is the only way to fly!

I haven't received my Vudoo yet but I got my scope yesterday. I bought the Athlon ARES ETR 5.4-30X56.
What scope caps are people using on this scope?

I've received A LOT of PM's, etc., asking about a shorter magazine. I am working on a five round mag but I'm not ready to disclose a date that it'll be available. I don't have a waiting list or a list of "field testers" but will keep everyone posted as I get it finished.

Thanks Guys,
MB

I haven't received my Vudoo yet but I got my scope yesterday. I bought the Athlon ARES ETR 5.4-30X56.
What scope caps are people using on this scope?
Aadmount flip ups on my etr. IMO, the only scope caps worth running. They’re expensive but worth it.

Attachments

• CAA8C6F6-0789-46B7-AB03-F6E78DAE962C.jpeg
    CAA8C6F6-0789-46B7-AB03-F6E78DAE962C.jpeg
    469.9 KB · Views: 118
what do you guys think about
a mag that holds 20
10 the current way and rotate it 180 (bottom to top)
i dont have one on me but i believe the follower does not go past "half way"

a mag that holds 20
Height of the mag will get in the way in positional.
Tape two together, side by side, and you'll kinda have this.

R

not sure if i explained it correctly,

the total length of the mag should be the same except with the addition of the feed lips

Quick crappy pic

CC55E951-7364-4973-ACC8-0920B1740B60.jpeg

Just thinking outside the box

could carry 3-4 mags and have 80 rounds

only 2 pouches not pouches and mags stuffed all over

if they could squeeze a few more rounds in each side 2 mags would be a whole box of ammo as well

Some of you may or may not have seen these on Facebook. I don't recommend you all chopping up your mags but I'm just ballsy enough to have done so myself. The short one holds 5 and the long one holds 14 with full usage of the load assist tabs.

Attachments

• 20180908_180018.jpg
    20180908_180018.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 178
  • 20180908_174033.jpg
    20180908_174033.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 20180908_180035.jpg
    20180908_180035.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 170
Dirtracer151

since you have chopped up some mags already, do you think my top bottom feed has merit or there isnt enough room inside

a mag that holds 20

I think it’s a very bad idea, & I don’t mean that to be a dig on you at all. The problem is rimfire match ammo has lube on it. That lube attracts dirt and debris like crazy (especially Lapua). I am very careful about keeping my ammo clean!! If you get sand or dirt on your bullets your basically shooting a very coarse and inconsistent lap down the bore at much higher velocity and pressure than when you purposely lap a barrel.

I think you will have a high probability of destroying barrels.

Hands down the Vudoo V22 has easily become the top .22 tactical rifle on the market. I am amazed to see how many shooters that are showing up at matches running Vudoo's and dominating. I love watching all the CZ455 shooters rebarrling tweaking trying to keep up. If they would have only bought once and cried once they would be in a better place.

High five's Vudoo V22

What am I not understanding? While I don't really know why you would need a reversible magazine that holds 10 on one side and 10 on the other, it seems to me that one side would be sealed from the other, and you wouldn't necessarily get fouling from the magazine in the other side. I just don't see why this would be better than having two separate magazines. As far as I can see, these are not tactical weapons.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
What am I not understanding? While I don't really know why you would need a reversible magazine that holds 10 on one side and 10 on the other, it seems to me that one side would be sealed from the other, and you wouldn't necessarily get fouling from the magazine in the other side. I just don't see why this would be better than having two separate magazines. As far as I can see, these are not tactical weapons.

The issue I see is running them in matches. Going prone on gravel/sand/grass will put the bottom very close to various earthen matter that I wouldn't want getting stuck on the first couple rounds. Higher quality match ammo is coated in wax. Drop a round once on the ground and you quickly realize how sticky the wax is.

Every time I read a post extolling the virtues of the V-22, it reminds me of shooting my jelrod-converted 40X & 40XB rifles before the V-22's design was finalized, and before Mike partnered up with Paul & Jay out in Utah to produce them. While neither one of my 40Xs ran quite as smoothly as my V-22s do, they were - and still are - excellent rifles. I'm looking back to when most of us were more interested in building repeaters using Mike's magazines for use as trainers. From memory, it seems that the transition from use simply as trainers to the explosion of 22RF PRS-style matches really got going about the time jelrod's conversions were getting popular. Looks like Mike got the V-22 into production at practically the perfect time, just in time to dominate NRL22 & most of the other practical/tactical 22RF matches. Undoubtedly, the V-22 represents the pinnacle of 22RF rifles designed to be trainers for CF PRS-style rifles, but it's become so much more than 'just' a trainer - I believe in part because of the excellence of Mike's design for the 40X converison/magazine, and jelrod's excellence in performing the conversions.

Dust cover? Strip it off with the magwell before you insert the fresh side of the mag?

That's taking up time and coordination when you need speed. It would be easier to Velcro a mag on the side of the stock and do a quick change than taking off covers.

Highly intrigued by this idea, not that the execution would be identical, but this is where cool stuff starts....

MB

Sure. And that's in a match setting. Like stated earlier, there are other times when one might appreciate having a 20rd mag as long as the rds can be protected. Frankly, dropping the current mag and reloading a second will be faster than rotating the current mag 180*. But I would still allow that there are other times it would be nice to have 20rds in the gun or consolidate the tediousness of loading a rimfire mag to fewer breaks.

Yes it could be nice for someone who wants 20 in the rifle and just take a cap off and rotate. There are extensions out now that go up to around 15 rounds but if Mike can make 20 in a mag with a flip work then I am sure some might want it.

I didn't consider the dirt in the non-loaded side of the mag from the ground or any barrier you may be shooting off of. I have never shot in one of these competitions, so I just didn't see that. I have shot in IPSC matches, a long time ago, and I can see where just dropping a mag, and loading a new one would be quicker than flipping a mag (but it might be quicker to just flip your mag, if you are prone - not sure). Might be a cool idea.

That's pretty cool. How did you weld the mags back together? What did you do for the longer spring?

Plastic welded them just using a soldering iron. The spring is long enough to handle it. People are already using the same springs with base plate extensions with no issues. My mod did the same thing but let's you leave the load assist button in the mag.

I received my Ridgeback 22" Ace barrelled(actually 22 7/8 from breach to crown) rifle last week and have had it to the range twice since in some pretty high winds. Even with the wind it still preformed amazingly! I can't say enough great things about this rifle! The fit and finish is stellar and it's accuracy is top notch! I had never heard of Vudoo until late last year, I stumbled across their website one day while trying to find a lefthanded rifle to compete at local 100 yard benchrest comps. I orginally dismissed them do to the V22 being a repeater, but the more I researched them the more I liked what I saw. Plus their customer service is the best in the business!

I sighted in my rifle at 50, I shot one five shot group and then pushed out to 100. I had one hell of a grin on my face after the 50 yard group and knew instantly my decision to get the V22 was a good one. Here's a pic of that first group(.15 ctc) I'm heading back out tomorrow and the forecast is calling for only 3mph winds! It should be a good day!

Attachments

• 20190329_160356.jpg
    20190329_160356.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 119
I received my Ridgeback 22" Ace barrelled(actually 22 7/8 from breach to crown) rifle last week and have had it to the range twice since in some pretty high winds. Even with the wind it still preformed amazingly! I can't say enough great things about this rifle! The fit and finish is stellar and it's accuracy is top notch! I had never heard of Vudoo until late last year, I stumbled across their website one day while trying to find a lefthanded rifle to compete at local 100 yard benchrest comps. I orginally dismissed them do to the V22 being a repeater, but the more I researched them the more I liked what I saw. Plus their customer service is the best in the business!

I sighted in my rifle at 50, I shot one five shot group and then pushed out to 100. I had one hell of a grin on my face after the 50 yard group and knew instantly my decision to get the V22 was a good one. Here's a pic of that first group(.15 ctc) I'm heading back out tomorrow and the forecast is calling for only 3mph winds! It should be a good day!
Thats probably bartlein barrel..i think their ACE barrel can only go to 20"
What ammo is this