• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I think you can just look at it and tell. The hybrid cone v1.0 is pretty pronounced cone and the new one has a coned with a larger flat face.

Yea, but if you’d like a particular one and buying used, much easier to know which serial number instead of trying to get pics from seller.

For those of us not in the know, what serial numbers dictate which version of the breech face? Or where can I find that detail.

We're not necessarily tracking changes via serial number; pretty easy to see the differences though....

MB

These rifles are just awesome! I have put a bit over 600 rounds through mine since I received it in early April. I have competed in two NRL22 matches and it is a huge step up from my MKII FVSR.

This picture was taken just after completing the Easter Egg hunt stage in our last match.
I recognize those pants and boots in the back...

R

Thanks Mike. So to confirm, here is a picture that JBELL posted. Is this the Version 1 of the Hybrid breech? I’ve seen this type in person and it is a definitive cone shape. Mine is a flat breech face and then there are 2 slots, if you will, that go forward towards the muzzle.View attachment 7062861
Is it me or is there metal missing at 2 oclock and 10. Mine barrel looks like that also. When I magnified it there is 2 chunks missing

Mine has cone...by the way is hybrids the latest or cone?
I dropped mine on jae loades 3 mag and cycled it with not one issue..my other vudoo has flat ni jamming too but extractor is much stiffer wont let go case if i dont pull bolt harder

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with Vudoo that is missing metal in the picture. Mine is the same. But it shoots lights out. I wont be sending it in to have the new cone. It will be a cold day in hell before anyone changes the barrel on this one.

Last edited:
I dropped mine on jae loades 3 mag and cycled it with not one issue..my other vudoo has flat ni jamming too but extractor is much stiffer wont let go case if i dont pull bolt harder
Dude, I can’t really understand your post, but if your asking about the order of the evolution of the breech faces, I’m pretty sure it was Flat Face, Version 1 Hybrid Cone Breech and then Version 2 Hybrid Cone Breech. The picture of mine is Version 2. The picture I copied and posted of Jbell’s breech is version 1. If someone would be so kind as to post a picture of the flat breech face, we could then see all 3 versions.

Reactions: bjay

Any particular ammo?

If you bought a $3k .22 and run $0.02/rnd ammo in it, imma punch you in the ovaries.

Last edited:
Any particular ammo?

If you bought a $3k .22 and run $0.02/rnd ammo in it, imma punch you in the ovaries.
Question? Received my rifle and it has the MPA chassis with level. Inside there are two bubbles; one clear the other the dark one. This normal? Never saw a level with two bubbles. And they do not move together.

Question? Received my rifle and it has the MPA chassis with level. Inside there are two bubbles; one clear the other the dark one. This normal? Never saw a level with two bubbles. And they do not move together.

The dark one is a bead. Not a bubble. Use that.

The bubble is just a bubble that happens sometimes.

(I wanted so bad to tell you they have to line up before you shoot)

Reactions: KaM and shaun1826
I called MPA about the bubble and they told me that that was normal. Now I just ignore the bubble and concentrated on the black ball and my gun handling. :)

Last edited:
After reading reports here, rfc, doing a bit more research on what's available in the market that may fill my perceived need, and having several discussions with the knowledgeable folks at Vudoo, placed my order for a v22 yesterday. Paul and the crew at Vudoo were a great benefit in helping me narrow down options. These guys know their product and current niche. My order consist of the following:

18" Kukri contour - threaded
Melonited Action with stainless barrel.
30 MOA rail
Manners PRS2 w/mini chassis - Copperhead color/finish - including the adjustable LOP kit.
Tigger Tech Diamond - curved shoe
Large Tactical Bolt Knob
Additional 3 pack of mags.

The Manners lead time, given I did not want to wait 6-8 months, limited my selection on color/finish, etc. I think all I need to consider now is a proper scope, rings, etc. unless I missed something you guys see? Always open to suggestions....

Reactions: 10ring1
After reading reports here, rfc, doing a bit more research on what's available in the market that may fill my perceived need, and having several discussions with the knowledgeable folks at Vudoo, placed my order for a v22 yesterday. Paul and the crew at Vudoo were a great benefit in helping me narrow down options. These guys know their product and current niche. My order consist of the following:

18" Kukri contour - threaded
Melonited Action with stainless barrel.
30 MOA rail
Manners PRS2 w/mini chassis - Copperhead color/finish - including the adjustable LOP kit.
Tigger Tech Diamond - curved shoe
Large Tactical Bolt Knob
Additional 3 pack of mags.

The Manners lead time, given I did not want to wait 6-8 months, limited my selection on color/finish, etc. I think all I need to consider now is a proper scope, rings, etc. unless I missed something you guys see? Always open to suggestions....

Throw in a bore guide to your order and you're all set.

SIlabs -
When I mounted an Athlon Cronus on my first precision 22RF repeater, I thought I'd gone over the top, and that the guys I shoot with would think I'd lost it when they saw a 34mm scope on a .22... But, the Cronus replaced a 30mm Bushnell 6-24x50 ffp scope with the DMR reticle, and after the first range session with the Cronus, I knew I was never going back to a scope of lesser optical & mechanical quality. Not knocking the Bushnell's quality, but there was a rather large improvement in optical quality when I moved up to the Cronus. The biggest improvement however, was in going to turrets with 10 mils/revolution AND a zero stop, where the Bushy had only 5 mils per, and no zero stop. That Bushnell now sits on a custom AR15 with a 24" Krieger bbl in 22PDK, while all four of my precision .22RF rifles have 4.5-29x56 Cronus scopes mounted.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks_a18138
Went out with the new toy and got it sighted in. Didn’t do ammo testing going to wait till I have more rounds through it. However was impressed for first mornings results.

Attachments

• 9916FF87-888E-4656-AA73-2AD2BE05E9FF.jpeg
    9916FF87-888E-4656-AA73-2AD2BE05E9FF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 253
  • 0821047B-B0A1-409E-B1AB-525E077412E3.jpeg
    0821047B-B0A1-409E-B1AB-525E077412E3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 232
  • 5A88A9B8-418F-4359-A412-C9BEEF6E0E86.jpeg
    5A88A9B8-418F-4359-A412-C9BEEF6E0E86.jpeg
    970.1 KB · Views: 271
  • 09E47E91-40CE-4623-B31C-54427E2BBF45.jpeg
    09E47E91-40CE-4623-B31C-54427E2BBF45.jpeg
    368 KB · Views: 268
18" Barrel Length
Kukri Contour - NO Threads!
20 MOA Scope Base
Melonited Action
Stainless Steel Barrel
Upgraded Trigger Tech Diamond Trigger - Curved Shoe
Additional Mag (One Magazine is include with the V-22!)
Large Tactical Bolt Knob

I hope VGW business model stands the test of time but we don't really know where they will be in 10 years or when we hand these guns down to our children and grandchildren. The forums are full of post looking for spare parts and magazines for old and discontinued firearms. My recommendation would be to buy spare parts for the bolt and maybe a few rails of different MOA.

Scootch

So true, maybe one day someone will come up with a solution.

I received my Vudoo not long ago and your comments are concerning me... This is my first SS precision rifle and I like to clean my guns after every use but it is sounding like these things are like hot house flowers. I did buy the bore guide and have followed the VGW cleaning video after each use, 4 times.

Am I going to ruin my $3k gun?

It really goes against my OCD to leave it dirty.

Thanks!

I received my Vudoo not long ago and your comments are concerning me... This is my first SS precision rifle and I like to clean my guns after every use but it is sounding like these things are like hot house flowers. I did buy the bore guide and have followed the VGW cleaning video after each use, 4 times.

Thanks!

Not sure if you are serious. Those comments you quoted were sarcastic as far as I can tell. The barrels can take proper cleaning. Bronz brushes or nylon bristles would work fine too. Use the coated rods and the bore guide and you should be fine. I would not brush the barrel after every use. Run a patchworm through it after each trip to the range. Brush it as needed. For me (not vudoo gun) it means I brush it every 400 rounds. Running the patchworm every 50 rounds keeps the carbon ring down.

Sold my Rugers to Get a Vudoo - Kukri barrel 20” fed,MPA black chassis,shv 4x14 with nightforce rings what a incredible tool/weapon! If your on the fence of buying one go for it worth every penny.
Today shot federal target grade performance ammo did very well 25yds almost one holer’s 50yds slightly larger shot it out to 200 was ok. Only had 30 rds federal gold match they shot 1/4 at 50yrds need to do more Shooting.
Tried 36gr cci and 40gr Aguila that I had they would not even feed in.
Planning on buying more federal gold match and lapua.
Weight is 13lbs.

Attachments

• FFF59C80-F037-40A6-ACAB-8ED3AD5E7A7A.jpeg
    FFF59C80-F037-40A6-ACAB-8ED3AD5E7A7A.jpeg
    804.4 KB · Views: 114
  • E40EF503-2B83-4AA7-B14C-160785350E2A.jpeg
    E40EF503-2B83-4AA7-B14C-160785350E2A.jpeg
    978.2 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: RMS6

Thanks!
I was told by one of the owners of ACE barrels (my uncle) to shoot them and just keep the action clean. He said it will take a few hundred rounds till it shoots it's best. So if you cleaning more often than that you could be missing out on it's full accuracy potential.

I was told by one of the owners of ACE barrels (my uncle) to shoot them and just keep the action clean. He said it will take a few hundred rounds till it shoots it's best. So if you cleaning more often than that you could be missing out on it's full accuracy potential.

WOW, thanks!

Not sure if you are serious. Those comments you quoted were sarcastic as far as I can tell. The barrels can take proper cleaning. Bronz brushes or nylon bristles would work fine too. Use the coated rods and the bore guide and you should be fine. I would not brush the barrel after every use. Run a patchworm through it after each trip to the range. Brush it as needed. For me (not vudoo gun) it means I brush it every 400 rounds. Running the patchworm every 50 rounds keeps the carbon ring down.

HA, yeah I am serious! What is a patchworm?

HA, yeah I am serious! What is a patchworm?

Cleaning kit:

Thanks!

Oh man I was just joking, it was very tongue in cheek! My point is most people WAY over think this cleaning thing. I am no expert by any means but I have been at this for a while now and have yet to wreck a barrel. My method with rimfires (that have stainless barrels, I am a little more particular with chrome-moly) is to shoot them until about 1000-1500 ish rounds and then clean or if they drop accuracy. When I clean I always use a bore guide and high quality rod with a quality solvent. Lately I have been liking Bore Tech Carbon solvent for rimfire, but TM, Bore Tech Eliminator, Hoppes 9, and many others. I have used the pull through like Otis on centerfire and the plastic string style on rimfire as a field expedient method when needed, but IMO a bore guide and rod is the way to go. With that the last few years I have been using the VFG felts and think they are a better mouse trap.

As long as your shooting it every few weeks don't clean it until you need to. If you put it away for several months then give it a clean.

Received my Vudoo Tuesday. Here are results from some lot testing I did today. I put 300 rounds through it Friday, cleaned the barrel, then put another 450 rounds through it Saturday morning and cleaned the barrel again. I then Lot tested the following Saturday afternoon. I wouldn’t draw any conclusions of the accuracy of the rifle based on this testing. Unfortunately it was the first time I had ever been to this indoor range and the benches they had were cheap and not stable. It was a struggle to keep the scopes dot within the red circle with constant drifting. I believe a comparison can still be made within this test about which lots were the more accurate however.

232A393B-0463-421F-9DBC-45335E783E24.jpeg
1E83D106-B71C-4953-8123-4E8F2DA2254A.jpeg
F4B2B78E-C4BE-43E7-B945-287ACBABFC02.jpeg
DA943A0B-FCDA-4DE8-8C91-E593EAACD394.jpeg
57443CC3-98D0-4428-9410-71E041DCAEFD.jpeg

Last edited:
SIlabs -
When I mounted an Athlon Cronus on my first precision 22RF repeater, I thought I'd gone over the top, and that the guys I shoot with would think I'd lost it when they saw a 34mm scope on a .22... But, the Cronus replaced a 30mm Bushnell 6-24x50 ffp scope with the DMR reticle, and after the first range session with the Cronus, I knew I was never going back to a scope of lesser optical & mechanical quality. Not knocking the Bushnell's quality, but there was a rather large improvement in optical quality when I moved up to the Cronus. The biggest improvement however, was in going to turrets with 10 mils/revolution AND a zero stop, where the Bushy had only 5 mils per, and no zero stop. That Bushnell now sits on a custom AR15 with a 24" Krieger bbl in 22PDK, while all four of my precision .22RF rifles have 4.5-29x56 Cronus scopes mounted.
I switched my wife's scope from Ares ETR to the New Cronus with the APRS1 reticle and she said it was a major upgrade!

I switched my wife's scope from Ares ETR to the New Cronus with the APRS1 reticle and she said it was a major upgrade!

marks,
I've got one of the new Cronus scopes with the APRS1 reticle, but haven't mounted it, as I bought it to re-sell. My favorite Cronus reticle is still the old original heavy + aiming point. I like it better than the thinner BTR reticle, and since I've shot the Athlon floating dot reticles on Ares ETR & Midas TAC 6-24x50, am just not that crazy about the dot. I find the heavier, pre-BTR + easier to keep track of while shooting movers, and don't feel that it covers too much of even small targets engaged during .22RF PR matches. There was a stage with movers in the .22RF match I shot last weekend, which I shot with a Cronus BTR, and although it worked out part of the time, I wish I'd have had the older pre-BTR reticle for that stage. Hope your wife's new Cronus works well for her - I may have to try the one I've got, just to see if I feel it's a step-up from the ETR I have mounted on a M70 in 6x47 Lapua.

I'd be trying to buy more of that lot. :)
Yep. I think that lot will do pretty well. The second lot of SK Standard did pretty well too. I was a bit suprised that the Center X didn’t perform any better. I was hoping the SK pistol would have done a bit better as a few guys I shoot with do well with it and it has an attractive price point.

Soooo .... Yeah. I have an RPRF with an ER SHAW barrel. It shoots pretty damn well.

But today I got to try a new Video in an MPA chassis.

Shot at 50yds with same ammo. Target speaks for itself... Call me a "believer". Wow.

AFAIK, there's no way to adjust the V-22 action to give a longer bolt throw. I wouldn't worry about it - try shooting some speed drills with your new Vudoo, and I think you'll find that you adjust to the shorter bolt stroke rather quickly.