• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Cleaning Rod Question - Cleaned my Vudoo last night and my coated cleaning rod is flaking off bits of plastic. Can someone please recommend a good one piece stainless steel rod that is .187 in diameter. Thanks!
Phil G

I use Tipton carbon fiber one piece cleaning rods for all my rifles. They make one in 17 cal which is perfect for my Vudoo.

Using an uncoated stainless steel rod could scratch the inside of the barrel

I use the pro Shot one piece rods in 20 caliber. The ejector for doesn’t interfere with this size rod like a 22 caliber rod does. Also it is stiffer then the 17 caliber rods.

SIlabs -
When I mounted an Athlon Cronus on my first precision 22RF repeater, I thought I'd gone over the top, and that the guys I shoot with would think I'd lost it when they saw a 34mm scope on a .22... But, the Cronus replaced a 30mm Bushnell 6-24x50 ffp scope with the DMR reticle, and after the first range session with the Cronus, I knew I was never going back to a scope of lesser optical & mechanical quality. Not knocking the Bushnell's quality, but there was a rather large improvement in optical quality when I moved up to the Cronus. The biggest improvement however, was in going to turrets with 10 mils/revolution AND a zero stop, where the Bushy had only 5 mils per, and no zero stop. That Bushnell now sits on a custom AR15 with a 24" Krieger bbl in 22PDK, while all four of my precision .22RF rifles have 4.5-29x56 Cronus scopes mounted.
Emphatic +1. The Hide community knows the importance of a quality optic, particularly when attached to a quality rifle...but I'll highlight something that dawned on me after having a V-22 for several months... It has easily become my most often used rifle.

How sad would it be to spend minutes a month behind a $3k optic on one of my centerfire rifles...and HOURS behind a much lesser optic.

Mentioned several times in prior posts, but suggest looking at something with short-range parallax ability. Several out there @ <50yrds... PMII, ATACR, Kahles, Cronus, Razor HD, etc. I personally like the PMII on mine...@ 10m parallax (tied w/ ATACR) allows dry-fire practice indoors. Which BTW is yet ANOTHER great thing about the Vudoo.

Cleaning Rod Question - Cleaned my Vudoo last night and my coated cleaning rod is flaking off bits of plastic. Can someone please recommend a good one piece stainless steel rod that is .187 in diameter. Thanks!
Phil G
If you watch Vudoo’s video on cleaning, he is using a Montana X-treme cleaning rod as the .17 cal has a magenta colored handle.

Pucker,

As you correctly point out....plan on spending significantly more time shooting .22lr (having put aside reloading - took up far too much of my time to be competitive) than centerfire rifles. I have an ATACR 4-16x50mm SFP scope available but will be adding another scope soon...the questions I am balancing is what power, SFP vs FFP, reticle, and of course maker/model, etc.? Seems to be a multitude of choices / options.

With the next scope purchase, I think moving up in power range makes sense but narrowing down the field from there is where some feedback from other v22 owners would be helpful....

Thanks,

Jim

Pucker,

As you correctly point out....plan on spending significantly more time shooting .22lr (having put aside reloading - took up far too much of my time to be competitive) than centerfire rifles. I have an ATACR 4-16x50mm SFP scope available but will be adding another scope soon...the questions I am balancing is what power, SFP vs FFP, reticle, and of course maker/model, etc.? Seems to be a multitude of choices / options.

With the next scope purchase, I think moving up in power range makes sense but narrowing down the field from there is where some feedback from other v22 owners would be helpful....

Thanks,

Jim
If you are going to be doing ANY shooting, like nrl 22 matches, where holdovers are necessary then you definitely want FFP. If your only target shooting and will be dialing everything then SFP will work just fine. I would read up on the differences to better understand SFP vs FFP. As far as zoom, on the low end 8x is plenty in my opinion. On the top end 25x is plenty, but more is always good. I’d rather have it and not need it.

If you watch Vudoo’s video on cleaning, he is using a Montana X-treme cleaning rod as the .17 cal has a magenta colored handle.
I was having the same problem, I purchased the rod that a lot of the 22lr benchrest guys are using... The
Melonited .187" Dia. Cleaning Rod from KSS. It is not cheap at all!

Phil G
I removed my ejector and smoothed all the edges to minimize cleaning rod damage. Initially I was using a Dewey .22 cal rod, have since switched to Dewey .20 with Vudoo bore guide.

Pucker,

Thanks,

Jim
I built my V22 to emulate my 308 and 6.5 They have vortex razors 4.5x27 with EBR-2C reticle. On my V22 I am using a Vortex PST 5X25 with same reticle and all are FFP. In my opinion shooting long distance with my big guns or very small targets with my V22 looks the same through the scope and I like a FFP presentation better especially when making corrections with the reticle.

I've got a ProShot stainless 20 cal rod that I bought after building myself a 20 VarTarg several years ago. Bought an adaptor that allows jags & brushes with 8-32 threads on the 20 cal rod with 5-40 threads. Works well even in my CZ bbls with tighter .22RF bores than the Bartlein, Krieger, and Lilja bbls on my 40XB & V-22s.

I have a Dewey .20 cal. coated rod that mikes .185 and purchased the Vudoo / mwerks bore guide....should be good to go. Now just waiting on the rifle :rolleyes:

Picked mine up this last weekend. Also obtained 3650 rounds of Eley Match, mixed lot #s in amounts of 1k/1k/500/500/400/250, for ~11cpr. Hopefully get the chance to spend more time with it soon and see which ones shoot the best.

If you are going to be doing ANY shooting, like nrl 22 matches, where holdovers are necessary then you definitely want FFP. If your only target shooting and will be dialing everything then SFP will work just fine. I would read up on the differences to better understand SFP vs FFP. As far as zoom, on the low end 8x is plenty in my opinion. On the top end 25x is plenty, but more is always good. I’d rather have it and not need it.

You can easily shoot nrl22 at max power for all stages.

Only holding over 1.9/2mil.

I run most all nrl22 matches on max power without a problem. Longer matches are a bit different.

Ok another Vudoo "fanboy" report. I have occasional ejection problems. After reading the thread about ejection problems, and having a very early gun, I called VGW on Monday. Paul said send in the barreled action. Did that Monday afternoon, from Colorado. Priority mail. Email today Wendesday- you gun is on it's way to you. How is that possible! Now i need to post my best 100 yd 3 shot target ever and I'm good to go.

Soooo .... Yeah. I have an RPRF with an ER SHAW barrel. It shoots pretty damn well.

But today I got to try a new Video in an MPA chassis.

Shot at 50yds with same ammo. Target speaks for itself... Call me a "believer". Wow.

View attachment 7065929

HA! This could have been my target. I bought an RPR around a year ago and was very frustrated that all the holes wouldn’t touch in all my groups. After some research I decided on an Anschutz. A couple days before I ordered it I came across Vudoo. Didn’t know anything about them but wanted a gun made in the USA instead of Germany. I could not be happier. My Vudoo is ridiculous. My 100 yard groups with my Vudoo are better than a lot of my RPR groups are at 50 yards. I may need to buy another one soon!

HA! This could have been my target. I bought an RPR around a year ago and was very frustrated that all the holes wouldn’t touch in all my groups. After some research I decided on an Anschutz. A couple days before I ordered it I came across Vudoo. Didn’t know anything about them but wanted a gun made in the USA instead of Germany. I could not be happier. My Vudoo is ridiculous. My 100 yard groups with my Vudoo are better than a lot of my RPR groups are at 50 yards. I may need to buy another one soon!
I was in the exact same boat. Was just a few days away from ordering a second Anschutz and started reading about the Vudoo. I was happy with the accuracy of the Anschutz but the ejection problem is infuriating. Took in all the information I could and decided on the Vudoo. Picked it up yesterday. Can't wait to give it a go. Ended up going with the Ridgeback. The fact that is made in the USA was a big determining factor of purchase. The fact that Vudoo as a company and their customer service is second to none, just sealed the deal for me to buy a Vudoo.

Reactions: rizzle
Soooo .... Yeah. I have an RPRF with an ER SHAW barrel. It shoots pretty damn well.

But today I got to try a new Video in an MPA chassis.

Shot at 50yds with same ammo. Target speaks for itself... Call me a "believer". Wow.

View attachment 7065929

I'm surprised your RPRR doesn't shoot better than that with the Shaw barrel. You may want to do some bedding. My Shaw barreled RPRR shoots groups like that at 100 yards after fixing the bedding. It was shooting 1.5"-2.5" groups at 100 before bedding.

I'm surprised your RPRR doesn't shoot better than that with the Shaw barrel. You may want to do some bedding. My Shaw barreled RPRR shoots groups like that at 100 yards after fixing the bedding. It was shooting 1.5"-2.5" groups at 100 before bedding.
My RPRF is shooting fine. .5-.6" at 50yds and 1.1" avg at 100yds. That's the average of 20+ 5 shot groups at both 50 and 100yds. Can't post pics for some reason right now (the controls above the posts are greyed out) but Monday 10 shots landed in 1.1" also, with majority hovering around .8 or so. That's plenty for a $650 gun and barrel. It's been doing that pretty regularly with SK Long Range so far. I'm plenty happy with that.

But it sounds like you've got a ringer barrel!

Just arrived. Be at the range tomorrow.
20190425_170929_resized.jpg

Curious to know how the RWS rifle match does for you. It shoots pretty good in mine however it feeds pretty stiff. Mine definitely likes to feed oil lubed ammo over waxed.

Reactions: bjay
I was in the exact same boat. Was just a few days away from ordering a second Anschutz and started reading about the Vudoo. I was happy with the accuracy of the Anschutz but the ejection problem is infuriating. Took in all the information I could and decided on the Vudoo. Picked it up yesterday. Can't wait to give it a go. Ended up going with the Ridgeback. The fact that is made in the USA was a big determining factor of purchase. The fact that Vudoo as a company and their customer service is second to none, just sealed the deal for me to buy a Vudoo.

OK all you Vudoo owners.... I have some Annie's and they have some small issues. I'm looking at A built up Vudoo that will be in an MTD chassis and look a lot like the upper gun in the upper photo. I know that Vudoo has some short comings... what do you guy's feel they are. My optional stock is the second photo but in black and not green. My concern there is with the folding stock having a little movement ??
I'm also looking at the Trigger Tech Diamond trigger set at 4 oz. Any feedback on that would be great as well. My optional trigger is the
Calvin Elite Custom with interchangeable trigger shoe's. 8 oz. Paul will be getting back with me about 11:00 this morning with cost and timing.

Attachments

• MDT HS3 VUDOO.jpg
    MDT HS3 VUDOO.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Full_Size_Render_3399.jpg
    Full_Size_Render_3399.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 79
OK all you Vudoo owners.... I have some Annie's and they have some small issues. I'm looking at A built up Vudoo that will be in an MTD chassis and look a lot like the upper gun in the upper photo. I know that Vudoo has some short comings... what do you guy's feel they are. My optional stock is the second photo but in black and not green.
What do you think are the shortcomings of the Vudoo? It's as precise as any other 22 rimfire and it feeds reliably without damaging the bullet. Anything else is an accessory ... with dozens of off-the-shelf options. Oh yeah, the magazines are big and it's possible to load them incorrectly.

Reactions: 375fan
What do you think are the shortcomings of the Vudoo? It's as precise as any other 22 rimfire and it feeds reliably without damaging the bullet. Anything else is an accessory ... with dozens of off-the-shelf options. Oh yeah, the magazines are big and it's possible to load them incorrectly.
They have to have big mags just like any .22 conversion. Not an issue. I should not have a problem loading until I get much older. My CZ 457 MTR trigger guard is very refined especially when compared to my Annie's. Is there any fit, finish or function issue's. I'm looking at Chassis and I cant find one that I really like that is short enough. I hate the MDT ESS.

OK all you Vudoo owners.... I have some Annie's and they have some small issues. I'm looking at A built up Vudoo that will be in an MTD chassis and look a lot like the upper gun in the upper photo. I know that Vudoo has some short comings... what do you guy's feel they are. My optional stock is the second photo but in black and not green. My concern there is with the folding stock having a little movement ??
I'm also looking at the Trigger Tech Diamond trigger set at 4 oz. Any feedback on that would be great as well. My optional trigger is the
Calvin Elite Custom with interchangeable trigger shoe's. 8 oz. Paul will be getting back with me about 11:00 this morning with cost and timing.

Haven't got to shoot mine yet so can't really speak for any shortcomings if any. I too went with the Timney Calvin elite 2 stage. The upgrade was $80 over the standard 510. Mine is set 8 oz / 8 oz. Feels really good but would like to maybe lightning up a bit.

First day with my Vudoo at the range today.

at 50yds it's all one hole.

I have an issue with my Atlas Bipod. It is loose on the supplied pic rail. Anyone else find this?

Haven't got to shoot mine yet so can't really speak for any shortcomings if any. I too went with the Timney Calvin elite 2 stage. The upgrade was $80 over the standard 510. Mine is set 8 oz / 8 oz. Feels really good but would like to maybe lightning up a bit.

That is my problem with the Calvin.... 8 oz. is as light as it goes. The trigger Tech goes down to 4 oz. I wish the TT came with a shoe like the Calvin. Is the Calvin two stage ??

Well fixed that my atlas has a LaRue mount and the special wrench fixed that.

Spent time setting up the scope and zeroing the rifle.

Next trip I will do some testing of the various ammo types I have. The 2 kinds I shot today, at 50 were both one holes. So any real testing will need to be at 100.

Whow what a rifle.!

The TTD trigger is fantastic, no creep, no over travel and it breaks like glass.

As far as short comings go, I can't think of any off hand. The fit and finish on mine is as good or better than any other high end rifle I've handled. I've got about 500 rounds down the pipe thus far without issue. Extremely accurate!

No complaints about the TTD trigger either. Zero creep, no over travel and breaks like glass! I only wish it would go down to 1oz for shooting off the bench, I like really light triggers.

This is mine in MPA chassis with diamond trigger. I love the set up. Only hang up if you want to call it that is it likes good ammo. Mine runs smoothest with oil line vs wax. I absolutely love it.
Curious what type of shooting you do that you want less than an 8oz trigger

The TTD trigger is fantastic, no creep, no over travel and it breaks like glass.

As far as short comings go, I can't think of any off hand. The fit and finish on mine is as good or better than any other high end rifle I've handled. I've got about 500 rounds down the pipe thus far without issue. Extremely accurate!

No complaints about the TTD trigger either. Zero creep, no over travel and breaks like glass! I only wish it would go down to 1oz for shooting off the bench, I like really light triggers.
What about a Jewell that will go down to 1.5 oz. / 3 lbs.

OK all you Vudoo owners....
I know that Vudoo has some short comings... what do you guy's feel they are.

:unsure: I cant seem to find any, and I am one picky bitch...

I have owned about every precision rimfire out there (no B.S. really everything...) and the Vudoo has no equal. I have owned 2 other rifle that hare close in function and accuracy: a custom Anschutz (that is currently for sale here on the Hide ?) and a Sauer 200 STR that had a 22lr conversion for it (that I should have never sold...). They both function 100% and are crazy accurate (see the 6X5 threads from the years gone by). I am not sure my Vudoo can shoot with the Anschutz but it is very close and I need to test some ammo as opposed to just shooting whatever, but where the Vudoo sets itself apart is the availability of aftermarket components.

This is mine in MPA chassis with diamond trigger. I love the set up. Only hang up if you want to call it that is it likes good ammo. Mine runs smoothest with oil line vs wax. I absolutely love it.

Curious what type of shooting you do that you want less than an 8oz trigger
I used to shoot Olympic Air rifles and I just am used to their weight and style. To be clear.... not at the Olympics. Something called Field Target. I also prefer 2 stage. An Annie 5018 trigger goes down to 2 oz.

Reactions: Cofercr
:unsure: I cant seem to find any, and I am one picky bitch...

I have owned about every precision rimfire out there (no B.S. really everything...) and the Vudoo has no equal. I have owned 2 other rifle that hare close in function and accuracy: a custom Anschutz (that is currently for sale here on the Hide ?) and a Sauer 200 STR that had a 22lr conversion for it (that I should have never sold...). They both function 100% and are crazy accurate (see the 6X5 threads from the years gone by). I am not sure my Vudoo can shoot with the Anschutz but it is very close and I need to test some ammo as opposed to just shooting whatever, but where the Vudoo sets itself apart is the availability of aftermarket components.
I too am a picky SOB, that is why I am asking. I really like my two 1416s but even they have some small issues. The trigger guard being the only real issue. The wood is very plain but I suppose I am asking about the V-22 action only. Both of the 1416s have the 5098 triggers that come set at 180 grams from the factory... 6.3 oz. 175 / 450 grams.

I have a bit of time behind precision air rifles (Anschutz and Feinwerkbau) also shooting 10m 3P. Also a lot of time with Anschutz 18XX, 19XX with the 5018 triggers and the 5020 triggers. I personally like the FWB air triggers over everything else, and the Anschutz 2002 triggers next, I am not a big fan of the 5018 I find they have a tendency to get a little hitch in them if they are not squeaky clean, the heavier springs of the 5020 mitigate that completely.

I think you will be very happy with a V-22 but they are a completely different animal than high end air rifles, not worse just different. I have the T7T trigger in mine and LOVE it!

I have a bit of time behind precision air rifles (Anschutz and Feinwerkbau) also shooting 10m 3P. Also a lot of time with Anschutz 18XX, 19XX with the 5018 triggers and the 5020 triggers. I personally like the FWB air triggers over everything else, and the Anschutz 2002 triggers next, I am not a big fan of the 5018 I find they have a tendency to get a little hitch in them if they are not squeaky clean, the heavier springs of the 5020 mitigate that completely.

I think you will be very happy with a V-22 but they are a completely different animal than high end air rifles, not worse just different. I have the T7T trigger in mine and LOVE it!
All I have let out of my collection of air guns is my FWB P-70 FT.... It is a high power version and not the 10 meter type.

The best thing about air guns is the amount of shooting enjoyment that you can get. The guns and scopes are virtually the same as any high end rifles. The bonus comes in when you buy the Olympic pellets. Say 500 for under 20.00$

If I can just pick out a chassis that I like, I too could be a Vudoo owner. If you like FWB airguns then I will likely be happy with the V-22
I will need to look upp a T7T... I have never heard of that one. thank you.

The best thing about air guns is the amount of shooting enjoyment that you can get. The guns and scopes are virtually the same as any high end rifles. The bonus comes in when you buy the Olympic pellets. Say 500 for under 20.00$

If I can just pick out a chassis that I like, I too could be a Vudoo owner. If you like FWB airguns then I will likely be happy with the V-22
I will need to look upp a T7T... I have never heard of that one. thank you.
I have an HW95 scoped which is my winter shop gun. I enjoy it very much however it doesn’t hold the same place to me as a trainer (V22) due to the hold difference. With my 22 I emulate my long range rifle better.

what is the round count?
I have an HW95 scoped which is my winter shop gun. I enjoy it very much however it doesn’t hold the same place to me as a trainer (V22) due to the hold difference. With my 22 I emulate my long range rifle better.

HW makes good guns. Had a 30s for a while. Liked both alot. But, love my Diana 34, tuned by a great tuner in the air gun world. Many pests have fallen to her. I used to get nickle size groups at 25 yards with it when I shot it everyday.

Reactions: Cofercr