• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I asked the same question on here a few months prior to ordering mine. From the answers I received here and from talking with Paul at Vudoo, I opted for the Ace barrel. I asked Paul what he and the rest of the crew were using on their personal rifles and he stated that most were using the Ace. He did state though, that the deference in accuracy between the Ace and the other barrels they use was very close.

I've had my Vudoo Ridgeback with the Ace barrel and Triggertech Diamond trigger for 4 months now and I'm 100% happy with my purchase. It's a straight up shooter! The accuracy of it went beyond my expectations!

I had the exact same experience

When I called to place my order, I was considering the custom case. After speaking with Andrew, he was very honest with me. He neither talked me into it nor out of it. He just said that it was heavy, and that he had one, but only used it for air travel. He said he normally just uses a soft case for going to and from the range. So, I didn't order it. However, I started doing research on what case comes standard with the Vudoo and what aftermarket cases were available, and at what cost. Considering the cool factor of the case, the custom cutouts, and that many people I spoke to said that they did carry the case to the range, other aftermarket cases paled in comparison. After all that research, I knew I wouldn't be happy unless I got the custom case. So, I called them up, and added it to my order. Seamless, and very easy, and they were more than happy to do it. Can't say enough about the customer service. My Vudoo is at the FFL dealer waiting for me to pick up tomorrow. I am a patient guy, so not chomping at the bit, but looking forward to getting and shooting it. Hope this helps those interested in the case.

Reactions: Basher
I had the exact same experience
When I called to place my order, I was considering the custom case. After speaking with Andrew, he was very honest with me. He neither talked me into it nor out of it. He just said that it was heavy, and that he had one, but only used it for air travel. He said he normally just uses a soft case for going to and from the range. So, I didn't order it. However, I started doing research on what case comes standard with the Vudoo and what aftermarket cases were available, and at what cost. Considering the cool factor of the case, the custom cutouts, and that many people I spoke to said that they did carry the case to the range, other aftermarket cases paled in comparison. After all that research, I knew I wouldn't be happy unless I got the custom case. So, I called them up, and added it to my order. Seamless, and very easy, and they were more than happy to do it. Can't say enough about the customer service. My Vudoo is at the FFL dealer waiting for me to pick up tomorrow. I am a patient guy, so not chomping at the bit, but looking forward to getting and shooting it. Hope this helps those interested in the case.

Thanks. I decided to add the custom case to my order as well. It’s an investment to protect my investment.

Just out of curiosity, has anybody ever seen, or has Vudoo ever made a fluted (spiral or straight) bolt? I have seen straight and spiral fluted barrels, but not bolts. Maybe the bolt is too small to flute? Just curious.

Thinking abt pulling the trigger on a Vudoo. I am on the fence abt which stock, I cant decide on teh renegade or just get a BA and drop it in a Manners. I hear I should buy a complete gun from Vudoo. I have never handled a greyboe so I know nothing abt them.

I’ve done both. Bought a BA and put in a McMillan stock to match my centerfire. The 2nd Vudoo was complete rifle. Both are excellent. Depends what you want to end up with. Complete rifles are great. Get the BA if you are looking at a specific stock that’s not offered.

I've thought about this too. I'd get the BA mainly because I want a trigger not offered. I would get the KRG stock and this trigger.

Manners mini chassis for me. Paul said run 50 50 on the torque and let’s put it this way i have not changed it.

My three V-22s were purchased as either bare action, or bbl'd actions, and all three are in Manners stocks (pillared & bedded, not mini chassis). I also have a jelrod-converted 40XB repeater in a Manners T4A mini chassis. Accuracy is excellent in all four of these rifles; contrary to what I'd expected, the mini chassis provides about the same accuracy as the pillared & bedded stocks. I'm no fan of chassis stocks - conventional tactical stocks are my choice, both for comfort & appearance. I can't complain about the accuracy or function of the mini chassis T4A, but it's at least a full pound heavier than the PRS1 stocks on the two hvy bbl V-22s, and as far as I'm concerned, a 12.5lb rifle (what the two V-22s weigh) is plenty heavy enough for me.

Reactions: muzr
The ones of y’all running NF optics having any issues focusing down to 25 yds? I see the new NX8 may have fixed the parallax issue but I have ATACRs and NXSs. I had planned to run one of those on my Vudoo.

The ones of y’all running NF optics having any issues focusing down to 25 yds? I see the new NX8 may have fixed the parallax issue but I have ATACRs and NXSs. I had planned to run one of those on my Vudoo.

Some models of the NF ATACRS have issues getting focused down to 25 yards. In particular the 5-25 ATACR claims that it has a parallax adjustment of 45yards - inf. but I've had an hard time getting it focused at 50yards and I'm not sure a sharp focus at 50yards can be done with either of the 5-25 ATACR's. The 7-35 ATACR FFP however can focus down to 10m and the SFP 7-35 ATACR can focus down to 11m so you won't have any issues at 25yards with the 7-35.

Trijicon AccuPower 5-50x56 will go down to 10 yds.

I don't think you can have too much magnification on a rimfire...… especially a Vudoo.

i-jthw7sf-L.jpg

Stuff like shooting flies at 50yds is what makes them so much fun.

I have a Vortex Gen 2 HD Razor 4.5-27. It focuses down to 32y according to the turret. To be honest, I have zero issues hitting the .25" KYL target at 25y. Yes it is fuzzy, but I have yet to miss.

Some models of the NF ATACRS have issues getting focused down to 25 yards. In particular the 5-25 ATACR claims that it has a parallax adjustment of 45yards - inf. but I've had an hard time getting it focused at 50yards and I'm not sure a sharp focus at 50yards can be done with either of the 5-25 ATACR's. The 7-35 ATACR FFP however can focus down to 10m and the SFP 7-35 ATACR can focus down to 11m so you won't have any issues at 25yards with the 7-35.
Both of my ATACRs are 5-25. I checked them both and they focus down to abt 38-40 yards, you can see a target at 25 but its kinda fuzzy. My NXS scopes proved to be almost exactly the same.

Reactions: CFT704
As far as scopes go. If you can afford a Vudoo. And try to skimp on glass. Don't buy a Vudoo. Great guns need great glass. Its like getting a Vudoo to shoot CCI Stingers or Remington Yellow jacket ammo. It a waist of a good gun. If you can afford the gun get good glass

Reactions: TIMMYTOY and jbell
Well, Vudoo on order. Lucked out and found the exact stock I was looking for too. Ended up going with 20” Kukri ace, threaded and cerakoted graphite black that is going in a Manners T4a in Scorched Earth. Gonna just throw my spare 5.5-22x56 NXS on it until I can recover enough in my play money to change glass. Lol

Reactions: muzr
Nothing wrong with a 5.5x22 NSX. Buy ammo. You will need it. Look for Center x and Midas. If you want to go the SK route Lot test SK pistol. My vudoos like it. I have had better luck with SK pistol than I have with SK rifle. Center x and Midas are the best though. Keep the NSX buy ammo

I have a Vortex Gen 2 HD Razor 4.5-27. It focuses down to 32y according to the turret. To be honest, I have zero issues hitting the .25" KYL target at 25y. Yes it is fuzzy, but I have yet to miss.

No bs here. I witnessed it. (y) I purchased a Vudoo after shooting his.

Reactions: ScottDWallace
last week I started to shoot the kyl rack at 82 yrds made it through til the 1/4 inch took a few more rds to connect on the 1/4 .
funny deal with vudoo at 50yds you start to get bored, my go to yardage is 300 at a 6"-8" plate and when the wind is kicking makes things very interesting.

You are right about 300 yds and wind with a rimfire,It does make it interesting.

Reactions: TIMMYTOY
So I’m torn on getting a voodoo and putting it in a t4 with a tt diamond to be a trainer or just have a 223 barrel made for my tl3, of course I will need a different bolt head and mags. Any suggestions?

Just get the Vudoo. I absolutely love mine and it was worth the cost, to me. I shoot it far more than my centerfire rifles and it is so satisfying to know that your bullet will go where you are pointing it every time! After shooting mine a few times, a buddy broke down and got one too. No regrets here.

Here is a picture from last weekend. Mine is in the middle & my buddy's new Vudoo is on top. I have to admit that another buddy's T1X (bottom rifle) does not hold him back from getting hits at all.

Attachments

• IMG_1154.JPG
    IMG_1154.JPG
    731.3 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Reactions: RAVAGE88
Congrats. Not happy with the 457 w/Lilja barrel? Or just want more 22 rifles? You will not regret it.

Just want more. My conversations with the owner / designer pushed me over the top on this 1. Super nice guy, seriously quality product.

Lilja 457... too early to tell. It's given me some Vudoo quality groups but nowhere near as consistently as a vudoo. Lots more ammo testing to go .

Just want more. My conversations with the owner / designer pushed me over the top on this 1. Super nice guy, seriously quality product.

Lilja 457... too early to tell. It's given me some Vudoo quality groups but nowhere near as consistently as a vudoo. Lots more ammo testing to go .

Whether you spoke with Mike Bush or any of the fine folks at VGW, you probably got the feeling that you were dealing with some quality people. I first talked with Mike while deciding whether to convert a couple of CMP 40X/XBs to use his magazines back in 2016. That lead to speaking with Jonathan Elrod, who's probably done more of those conversions than all other 'smiths put together. And when I couldn't resist the temptation that the V-22 action created, I had the pleasure of talking with Paul, Jay, & Jill out at VGW. Looking back over the past 3+yrs, it's hard to imagine getting involved with a finer group of people - consistently fine, just like my V-22s are consistently accurate. This may sound a little over the top, like I'm plugging for all of them. But to anyone who's had the dealings I've had with all these folks, it sounds just like it has been & still is - a darned pleasant & satisfying experience.

I liked what I saw in the advertising photos when CZ announced their new 457 line of RF rifles, and so bought an American in .22RF. Was really impressed with the fit, finish, and operation of the rifle, but accuracy was what I considered poor - 2+ MOA at 50yds, with any of several known good lots of SK & Lapua ammo. Eventually, I bought a Shilen select match ratchet rifled blank, chambered & fitted it to the American, and glued it in with Loctite #609. Compared to the OEM bbl, the Shilen is a huge improvement, but it doesn't keep up with my 40XB/Krieger, nor any of the three V-22s. I did the same thing with a 457 Varmint MTR, only went with a straight .850" Shilen. It's also an improvement over the OEM MTR bbl, just not nearly as much of an improvement, as the MTR bbl shot pretty well to begin with. I'm looking at drilling out the poly CZ pillars, replacing them with aluminum ones, then doing a full action bedding job to see if that makes these two rifles more consistent. Again, they're neither one that bad, it's just that I think there's room for improvement, and would like to find out.

Last edited:
Reactions: garandman
So I’m torn on getting a voodoo and putting it in a t4 with a tt diamond to be a trainer or just have a 223 barrel made for my tl3, of course I will need a different bolt head and mags. Any suggestions?
Get the V-22 - you'll never regret it. Just as bnanaphone said, I shoot my V-22s far more often than any of my CF rifles. No need to pack up all my shooting gear and drive over almost 2mi of rough trails to get to my 1000yd range, just drive out 1/4mi west of the house, set up, and shoot. Once you've done some lot testing and purchased a good quantity of accurate ammo, it's just so darned tempting & easy to grab your V-22 and a few boxes of ammo, a few targets & some steel, you'll find yourself getting more good training out of a precision .22RF rifle than any CF rifle - and having a ton of fun in the process.

I got a 223 bolthead for one of my TL-2 actions a few years ago, bbl'd it in 223AI, and figured I had the Rolls Royce of 223s - but it refused to eject consistently. Tried a few things, but got so frustrated with it that I pulled that bbl, put it on a M700 action, and made a 6 Dasher out of the TL-2. Turned out for the best, I think - the M700 223AI is a good shooter & functions really well with a PTG custom bolt with a Mini 16 extractor; the TL-2 is a hammer in 6 Dasher, and cycles 100%.

Again, they're neither one that bad, it's just that I think there's room for improvement, and would like to find out.

Yeah the 457MTR had great fit and finish but I could only get about 0.375" at 50 yds...

I had pretty good luck with Lilja on the 455. Never should have sold that gun. Large one-holing at 50.

I'm Hoping this Lilja will find an ammo it really likes. I am still getting the Vudoo regardless. Lol

I've seen a lot of incredible pictures posted on the interwebs of people shooting .5" groups at 100 yards, and people claiming 1/3" groups at 100 yards with the Vudoo. I was curious as an "average" shooter what is the reality of this 1/3 - 1/2 moa @ 100 yards? And generally any kind of rimfire, Kidd Supergrade, CZ 457, Tikka T1X, etc. Is it that random with rimfire where it's so dependent on lot and barrel?

With bipod / rear bag in prone, the best I've done is a 6x5 around .7" groups. So I had 6 groups of 5 shots from .6" - .8". This is with Eley Tenex. On my Tikka T1X with everything else, I generally average 1"-1.3" groups. CCI SV, SK +, LRM, RM. Lapua Pistol King. Eley Target. I still have yet to try out center-x yet.

I've seen some people with the T1X post much tighter groups with cheaper ammo, but I haven't been able to get any ammo to be tight except Eley Match and Tenex. SK+, SK LRM, SK RM all float around .9" to 1.5" groups where I average around 1.2 with the 6x5. So I'm just trying to figure out long term investment. And what to expect. I have a rifle now with a great trigger and a great action and KRG Bravo, so is my real improvement to get into the 1/2 moa land @ 100 yards, just putting in a nice 500$ match barrel, or do I just sell it all and go for a Vudoo V22.

I've seen a lot of incredible pictures posted on the interwebs of people shooting .5" groups at 100 yards, and people claiming 1/3" groups at 100 yards with the Vudoo. I was curious as an "average" shooter what is the reality of this 1/3 - 1/2 moa @ 100 yards? And generally any kind of rimfire, Kidd Supergrade, CZ 457, Tikka T1X, etc. Is it that random with rimfire where it's so dependent on lot and barrel?

With bipod / rear bag in prone, the best I've done is a 6x5 around .7" groups. So I had 6 groups of 5 shots from .6" - .8". This is with Eley Tenex. On my Tikka T1X with everything else, I generally average 1"-1.3" groups. CCI SV, SK +, LRM, RM. Lapua Pistol King. Eley Target. I still have yet to try out center-x yet.

I've seen some people with the T1X post much tighter groups with cheaper ammo, but I haven't been able to get any ammo to be tight except Eley Match and Tenex. SK+, SK LRM, SK RM all float around .9" to 1.5" groups where I average around 1.2 with the 6x5. So I'm just trying to figure out long term investment. And what to expect. I have a rifle now with a great trigger and a great action and KRG Bravo, so is my real improvement to get into the 1/2 moa land @ 100 yards, just putting in a nice 500$ match barrel, or do I just sell it all and go for a Vudoo V22.

I can give u my perspective only. I had a 455, my first 22. Loved it. Then I started putting money into it to make "better" This gun shot some fantastic groups... sometimes would get fliers, etc wasn't sure if it was me or the gun. I bought it when vudoo was in development. I tinkered with it constantly, torque settings, ammo testing, etc. Every time I went to the range it was to try something new that would make it shoot better. I had a $600 chassis, a bunch of little shit here and there and $480 for the gun. Oh and the $100 for the bolt knob. I wanted more, so I was about to dump another $500 into a match barrel. But I couldn't guarantee it would perform to my standards. I finally sold it off and got the V22. First 50 rounds out of it were tighter and more consistent than anything I could get with the 455. Maybe the barrel would have helped get me what I wanted out of the CZ, but I didn't want to try and end up with a $1800 in a gun that I could never get back. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Today, I went to 100 yards with my gun. First two groups were amazing (for me). I don't usually shoot at 100. I will attempt a 6x5 in the coming weeks. With enough practice I should be able to get down to 0.5-0.6 groups. I know the gun can do it.

I can give u my perspective only. I had a 455, my first 22. Loved it. Then I started putting money into it to make "better" This gun shot some fantastic groups... sometimes would get fliers, etc wasn't sure if it was me or the gun. I bought it when vudoo was in development. I tinkered with it constantly, torque settings, ammo testing, etc. Every time I went to the range it was to try something new that would make it shoot better. I had a $600 chassis, a bunch of little shit here and there and $480 for the gun. Oh and the $100 for the bolt knob. I wanted more, so I was about to dump another $500 into a match barrel. But I couldn't guarantee it would perform to my standards. I finally sold it off and got the V22. First 50 rounds out of it were tighter and more consistent than anything I could get with the 455. Maybe the barrel would have helped get me what I wanted out of the CZ, but I didn't want to try and end up with a $1800 in a gun that I could never get back. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Today, I went to 100 yards with my gun. First two groups were amazing (for me). I don't usually shoot at 100. I will attempt a 6x5 in the coming weeks. With enough practice I should be able to get down to 0.5-0.6 groups. I know the gun can do it.

Just curious, what are amazing groups to you? And what ammo? I mean me buying Tenex on my rifle is going to soon outcost me being able to shoot cheaper ammo with a V22 :)

Just curious, what are amazing groups to you? And what ammo? I mean me buying Tenex on my rifle is going to soon outcost me being able to shoot cheaper ammo with a V22 :)

Center x, groups were about 0.6-.7 edge to edge, I didn't measure since I wasn't shooting for score, just goofing off

Reactions: littlepod
Top three are from the bench in windy conditions with Eley Tenex and Lupua CenterX. 50yards. Bottom was at 100 with Eley Tenex. All 10 shot groups. Not sure how these groups compare to other shooters. My hold down screws may have been over torqued though. I planning on redoing the test again this morning. I need to try the SK+ ammo.

Went back to the range this morning with the re-torqued hold down screws. The group is a lot better, this was Eley Tenex. Still hoping to get the average size under 1”.

Attachments

• F686CD39-04B8-47DE-9995-A36C44642F14.jpeg
    F686CD39-04B8-47DE-9995-A36C44642F14.jpeg
    806.2 KB · Views: 61
  • C3D56AEE-76E6-4011-BA19-6CB40436010C.jpeg
    C3D56AEE-76E6-4011-BA19-6CB40436010C.jpeg
    772.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 2E54EBC8-F325-4C28-B93F-4BBBD5C4274F.jpeg
    2E54EBC8-F325-4C28-B93F-4BBBD5C4274F.jpeg
    845.5 KB · Views: 69
  • A2A87CF6-2A50-41FD-89AF-31B269AD8589.jpeg
    A2A87CF6-2A50-41FD-89AF-31B269AD8589.jpeg
    888.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 2D5E96B9-0C05-4185-9E50-46FC0D586ED7.jpeg
    2D5E96B9-0C05-4185-9E50-46FC0D586ED7.jpeg
    384.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
This thread is two years old today and what a ride it has been. Just a quick note to thank our Vudoo customers, we very much appreciate the support and remain committed to putting you guys and our collective shooting interests first.

MB

Top three are from the bench in windy conditions with Eley Tenex and Lupua CenterX. 50yards. Bottom was at 100 with Eley Tenex. All 10 shot groups. Not sure how these groups compare to other shooters. My hold down screws may have been over torqued though. I planning on redoing the test again this morning. I need to try the SK+ ammo.

Went back to the range this morning with the re-torqued hold down screws. The group is a lot better, this was Eley Tenex. Still hoping to get the average size under 1”.
What are you using as far as torque value on the second pic? Nice looking groups BTW

This thread is two years old today and what a ride it has been. Just a quick note to thank our Vudoo customers, we very much appreciate the support and remain committed to putting you guys and our collective shooting interests first.

MB

Mike,
I have been keeping an eye on your 22lr ventures since the days of the 605, and I have to say you have truly made a massive positive impact on the 22lr shooting community. The V22 and magazine system has done nothing but impress me and it seems to me that everyone who has been privileged enough to own or shoot one feels the same. In addition to that epic feet you and the VGW team have set the standard for quality in your products and customer service.

Here is to a job very well done and to many more years of hard earned success. You and the VGW team have a customer for life in me...