• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I picked up a second hand barreled action, which breech do I have here? It looks pretty different from what I have seen. Is the face damaged or is that normal?
That is the cone breech. The recess helps to keep carbon & crap away from the breech for better reliability. Most beneficial if you shoot suppressed. Those marks are completely normal & how mine looks.

Reactions: Cuzz and Notdylan
I shoot the original flat breech suppressed and have had zero feed issues. I am sure the cone breech is adding additional value, but I've had no issues with the original breech.

Nor should there be any more feed issues with a flat breech vs the hybrid coned breech design. It's just that, early on, many V-22 owners who were shooting suppressed had issues with hard bolt closing. The problem was, after shooting suppressed, guys were setting their rifles - muzzle up - in racks or holding them upright after completing a stage in a match, which often resulted in the RF fouling crud at the rear of their suppressors falling back into the muzzle and winding up in the breech area. There's very little clearance between the boltface & flat breechface, and with that fouling crud falling in there....what would you expect to happen? The hybrid & v.2 coned breech created room for the crud to go into the coned area instead of tying up the boltface. I hit the breech of my V-22s with several blasts of compressed air after bringing them into the shop after every range session, and also pull the bolt to brush the boltface off with a stiff nylon cleaning brush.

I got a good look at how much of that suppressor crud could fall into the breech after sitting my first V-22's butt down on the ground while opening the truck door to put it inside. Since then, I've tried to avoid pointing the muzzle straight up after shooting suppressed, something that's not always easy to remember after shooting a stage during a match.

Shot my first NRL22 match last weekend and had a blast. I used my Sako P94s Range model and she performed well. However I had a chance to get behind and shoot one of the other competitors Vudoo V22 rifles and I fell in love with it. So much so that I placed my order this past week for an Apparition in an MPA chasis. Mike Bush built my PRS rifle several years ago so have been a customer and fan of anything he is involved with. Will post some pics here when it arrives.

Would anyone know how to tell what barrel is in a v22. I’m assuming it’s an ace, bartlien but kind of would like to know...nothing at all wrong with it. At 16 inches in the kurki profile it’s satisfyingly accurate. I am just curious for future builds..here it is in its new (old) MCS T which I think really suits it with the RAL metal work...

Attachments

• A3C2AFFC-7703-4B11-9ED0-173AC97BF141.jpeg
    A3C2AFFC-7703-4B11-9ED0-173AC97BF141.jpeg
    946.6 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: Notdylan
If it was sold as a bbl'd action, just call VGW with the s/n; they should be able to look up what brand of bbl was used in their records. I've done some casual inspection of Krieger, ACE, & Bartlein bores on my V-22s with my Hawkeye borescope, while cleaning, so was only paying attention to any fouling remaining in them. Would have to inspect them all side-by-side again before I'd even be able to offer an opinion on any differences in appearance.

If it was sold as a bbl'd action, just call VGW with the s/n; they should be able to look up what brand of bbl was used in their records. I've done some casual inspection of Krieger, ACE, & Bartlein bores on my V-22s with my Hawkeye borescope, while cleaning, so was only paying attention to any fouling remaining in them. Would have to inspect them all side-by-side again before I'd even be able to offer an opinion on any differences in appearance.
Thanks for that...it was a barreled action so I’ll give them a call....

Thanks Mike....love your rifle...it’s here in Australia and casts it spell on anyone that uses it...

Thats awesome, glad you’re liking it....reach out anytime if you need anything.

MB

Hey guys at Vudoo. It looks like your site has been hacked. It redirects to some Chinese web site. Good luck.

Works fine for me too. (Located in NC) Though it does seem to be running slower than usual.

Starting with the Vudoo action with single shot adapter, just use a benchrest trigger such as a Bix'nAndy, barrel with appropriate length and contour from any number of great barrel makers and a benchrest stock for a Rem 700 action, which I presume exists.
That to me would be a Vudoo Benchrest Rifle. Am I missing something?

RLS

Starting with the Vudoo action with single shot adapter, just use a benchrest trigger such as a Bix'nAndy, barrel with appropriate length and contour from any number of great barrel makers and a benchrest stock for a Rem 700 action, which I presume exists.
That to me would be a Vudoo Benchrest Rifle. Am I missing something?

RLS
Thats what i have. Well, almost, its still in jail. Its in a mpa chassis and i will probably buy a weight to put in the chassis, barrel is 20” mtu, I think bag rider is parallel with barrel. It will be shot more than 95 percent from a bench.

Thats what i have. Well, almost, its still in jail. Its in a mpa chassis and i will probably buy a weight to put in the chassis, barrel is 20” mtu, I think bag rider is parallel with barrel. It will be shot more than 95 percent from a bench.
C:

To complete the specifications what will be your trigger pull weight? In the ounces I presume? Single stage or double stage? And the support will be something like the Sinclair Competition Benchrest and an Edgewood rear bag or a single piece benchrest?

I hope you will post the results. The results on this forum demonstrate support with a bipod and rear bag in hands of excellent shooters produce superb results, But my concept is a benchrest support system could give even better accuracy, maybe?

Would the optimal ammunition for shooter with bipod/rear bag be the same as with benchrest support? Never seen that issue addressed. In theory harmonics depend on how the rifle is supported but may be an insignificant effect.

Good luck with your endeavors.

RLS

C:

To complete the specifications what will be your trigger pull weight? In the ounces I presume? Single stage or double stage? And the support will be something like the Sinclair Competition Benchrest and an Edgewood rear bag or a single piece benchrest?

I hope you will post the results. The results on this forum demonstrate support with a bipod and rear bag in hands of excellent shooters produce superb results, But my concept is a benchrest support system could give even better accuracy, maybe?

Would the optimal ammunition for shooter with bipod/rear bag be the same as with benchrest support? Never seen that issue addressed. In theory harmonics depend on how the rifle is supported but may be an insignificant effect.

Good luck with your endeavors.

RLS
Lol, dont git excited, im just a wanabe, bipod and sandbag, trigger is supposed to be 1 oz & 2 oz but it was purdy easy to feel 2 nd stage in the store, bix says its not hard to adj. The pull guage in the store only goes to 8 oz.

Lol, dont git excited, im just a wanabe, bipod and sandbag, trigger is supposed to be 1 oz & 2 oz but it was purdy easy to feel 2 nd stage in the store, bix says its not hard to adj. The pull guage in the store only goes to 8 oz.
C:

No problemo, of course. Hoped you were an excellent benchrest shooter who could give me some tips on benchrest marksmanship.

RLS

C:

No problemo, of course. Hoped you were an excellent benchrest shooter who could give me some tips on benchrest marksmanship.

RLS
I can give you more advice than you want but im far from excellent. I will post pics but it will probably be a week or 2. Im supposed yo get it thursday but weather says rain thursday and friday. There are good target pics of some very good shooters in the 5x6 or 6x5 thread. Several with Vudoos.

I can give you more advice than you want but im far from excellent. I will post pics but it will probably be a week or 2. Im supposed yo get it thursday but weather says rain thursday and friday. There are good target pics of some very good shooters in the 5x6 or 6x5 thread. Several with Vudoos.
I went to work on my trigger yesterday and while i was there they got the to ok to let me have my gun. after several hours and phone calls, Bix n Andy decided that i need a lightest 2nd stage spring, its in the mail, they were very kind, patient and helpful, also talked to Vudoo they were perfect as always. I hope the Vudoo folks will forgive me for the pics if i get them posted. I was running out of daylight, excited, first shot was a foot high at 25 yd. i forgot to boresight. I shot targets that were already there and shot at. The last 4 shots are about as good as i can shoot, the rest will get better and i will post more pics.
0E9CFE20-09AF-4FF6-9BCE-3CE1D4572253.jpeg

Attachments

• 3C21B629-E608-4CE2-B951-3CDDA8B3D121.jpeg
    3C21B629-E608-4CE2-B951-3CDDA8B3D121.jpeg
    524 KB · Views: 175
I went to work on my trigger yesterday and while i was there they got the to ok to let me have my gun. after several hours and phone calls, Bix n Andy decided that i need a lightest 2nd stage spring, its in the mail, they were very kind, patient and helpful, also talked to Vudoo they were perfect as always. I hope the Vudoo folks will forgive me for the pics if i get them posted. I was running out of daylight, excited, first shot was a foot high at 25 yd. i forgot to boresight. I shot targets that were already there and shot at. The last 4 shots are about as good as i can shoot, the rest will get better and i will post more pics.
View attachment 7177321
The two bipods for extra stability? :D

C:

I doubt more than I want. People discuss equipment and ammo to the nth degree but not so much marksmanship. Perhaps you can only learn the principles of marksmanship from doing it but I doubt it. It is like reinventing the wheel. For me dry firing and live firing at the range are putting into practice expertise and "muscle memory." Certain expertise like reading the wind are common to all marksmanship outdoors. However, if every type of shooting has its unique aspects, then benchrest shooting must have its own. In particular different approaches to try. To me it is not rational to spend time dry firing and both time and money live firing without studying what other people have learned. Of course, you may decide all, some or none works for you.

Maybe none of this makes sense to anyone else. Anyway, fine weapon system or, as the in-crowd says, rig.

RLS

C:

I doubt more than I want. People discuss equipment and ammo to the nth degree but not so much marksmanship. Perhaps you can only learn the principles of marksmanship from doing it but I doubt it. It is like reinventing the wheel. For me dry firing and live firing at the range are putting into practice expertise and "muscle memory." Certain expertise like reading the wind are common to all marksmanship outdoors. However, if every type of shooting has its unique aspects, then benchrest shooting must have its own. In particular different approaches to try. To me it is not rational to spend time dry firing and both time and money live firing without studying what other people have learned. Of course, you may decide all, some or none works for you.

Maybe none of this makes sense to anyone else. Anyway, fine weapon system or, as the in-crowd says, rig.

RLS
Makes plenty of sense to me, it sounds like you could give me tips!

I am looking at getting a rifle made. They just came out with the carbon fiber barrels. Does anyone have experience with the barrels? Or should I stay with the kukri profile? I was wondering if heat would play role in accuracy with the carbon fiber?

I am looking at getting a rifle made. They just came out with the carbon fiber barrels. Does anyone have experience with the barrels? Or should I stay with the kukri profile? I was wondering if heat would play role in accuracy with the carbon fiber?

I think you're referring to the Proof research barrels that they offer in the barreled actions directly from Vudoo. If that's what you're talking about then they are popular for people who are using the gun in competitions and want to shed a bit of weight, if you're going strictly for accuracy then the weight can be beneficial and you might want to stick to an ACE or Bartlein barrel.

It’s the new Wolf, I think. Got it about six months ago for my CZ 455 and it was the best ammo I tested for that rifle.

Any trigger recommendations for the Vudoo? I have a TT special on my MPA build, but Vudoo says they have seen issues with that one in builds.
Thanks

Any trigger recommendations for the Vudoo? I have a TT special on my MPA build, but Vudoo says they have seen issues with that one in builds.
Thanks

I have a TT Diamond on mine - seems to work great. I do seem to have a bit more cock on close than I'd like, but that can be resolved by better timing the trigger to the action.

Thanks

The TT Special is the only trigger that hasn’t worked reliably in the V-22, the Diamonds work beautifully, but I always run Timney in my personal rifles.

MB

It’s the new Wolf, I think. Got it about six months ago for my CZ 455 and it was the best ammo I tested for that rifle.

If that Wolf is in a cardboard box, I think it's old Wolf. The new Wolf I have comes in a goofy plastic box like Eley.

Reactions: Cuzz