• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I've had early, pre-BTR Athlon Cronus scopes on both the Jelrod-converted 40X/XB rifles, and liked them fine, so went with Cronus BTRs on my two competition V22s. Once I got used to the thinner reticles - particularly the thinner + aiming point while shooting movers - I've been very pleased with both these scopes. They track perfectly, and the optical quality is very good. I have a minor issue with how stiff the parallax knob is, especially in cool weather. This wouldn't be an issue at all if these scopes had the depth of field my Kahles K624i scopes do, but the Cronus are pretty dependent on correct parallax settings, which slows me down a bit when shooting a stage with targets at a wide range of distances. Still, in this price range, I doubt you'll find a better scope. I'd like to play with one of the newer Kahles K525i scopes, since they'll focus down quite a bit closer than my 624s will. Since the K525i has a much shorter body than the K624i, I'm not sure that it has the same depth of field that the 624s enjoy. But given how well the Cronus scopes have worked for me, and the fact that I can buy two Cronus scopes for the price of one K525i.....I'm not at all sure that the price difference is worth it.

Best upgrade I didn't know about. Really helps with fine tuning in addition to making it much easier to manipulate.

Reactions: Shooter1960655
Rather disappointed that I can't/shouldn't get a Mark 5. I was hoping to use the same family of scope for a V22 and light(ish)weight hunting rifle build. Some of the things I read about the NX8 (low light performance and finicky parallax adjustment) concern me for a hunting rifle build. And the ATACR is a bit beefy.

As always, thanks for the information and scope suggestions.

I have always been a Leupold guy but if you are waiting on Leupold to keep up with modern demands, maybe in about 20 years they will come out with an appropriate 22 scope for our needs. With that being said, I have the Athlon ETR on my centerfire and would be a hammer on my vudoo. Currently using a Midas Tac which is working exceptionally well so no reason to change. What i have found, it is a necessity to have a parallax down to 25 at least. Once i was running short on time and did not parallax to 25 on the KYL and i had several unexpected misses. Learned my lesson. The parallax will get you at 25 on the 1/4" target. Not always but enough to cost you points.

Reactions: chopit
Has anyone used the Eotech Vudu 5-25 scope for their 22lr? I have a v22 sinister on the way and like the size of the Eotech and confirmed with them today that the parallax is adjustable down to 15 yards. Seems to be a nice scope.

Reactions: zenbike
Have a Vudoo on order (super excited!), and am going with a Grayboe Ridgeback stock. I have never used the M-lok system and want to get everything I need on order. What is the best way to go for mounting a bipod with this system? I typically use an Atlas if that makes any difference. Thanks !

Reactions: 10ring1
This is what I recommend if you plan on taking the bipod/rail off to use on another Mlok rail because these are super user friendly and easy to install and remove quickly.

Kinetic Development Group Mlok Rail Section

If you plan on leaving the bipod/rail installed on the gun then all you will need is a standard Mlok rail panel to attach your Atlas to, my only recommendation is that I strongly advise you to get a metal mlok rail panel and not a polymer/nylon one. Here is an example of one that would work.

Magpul 5-Slot Aluminum Rail Section

Best upgrade I didn't know about. Really helps with fine tuning in addition to making it much easier to manipulate.
Thanks for posting the link to MK. I'd seen them before, but hadn't done anything about it. Just ordered two of them for the Cronus scopes on my v22s. I've got some arthritis in both hands, so anything that makes it quicker & easier to work the parallax knob is probably worth it. And if I don't like them, they're easy to take off...

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Thanks for posting the link to MK. I'd seen them before, but hadn't done anything about it. Just ordered two of them for the Cronus scopes on my v22s. I've got some arthritis in both hands, so anything that makes it quicker & easier to work the parallax knob is probably worth it. And if I don't like them, they're easy to take off...

If you don't already know about them, these are a great universal solution for quick throw magnification levers if your optic doesn't have one and you don't feel like buying ones that cost a ton for what they are.

If you don't already know about them, these are a great universal solution for quick throw magnification levers if your optic doesn't have one and you don't feel like buying ones that cost a ton for what they are.

Those look like nothing more than a zip tie and would get in the way of so many things on a scope.

Don’t think they compare to a purpose build item like the MK throw levers

Reactions: nakoa01
Those look like nothing more than a zip tie and would get in the way of so many things on a scope.

Don’t think they compare to a purpose build item like the MK throw levers

Well I'm sorry for sharing the product, I guess shouldn't have thought someone might find some use from it after mentioning that they had arthritis in both hands. I agree that a purpose built item is going to be superior, I was just pointing out they are universal so you don't have to order a specific size for your optic, which some people might find worth it since they are less than half the cost of the MK throw levers.

Last edited:
That's what we're all running at Vudoo. My Leupold Mk5 is on my Accuracy International.

MB

Going to give this a go on mine. Should be much better than the pst gen 1 4x16.

20191226_211734.jpg20191226_211416.jpg

Rick137....If you shoot that much offhand I doubt if I am one third the man you are at your game...LOL!

What MOA do you strive for in the game you play?

At my backyard range I have a 5" round plate at 200 yards (2.5 MOA) I can usually go 3 out of 5 shots standing offhand with my 11 lb. V22. Wind permitting, of course....but I can't imagine putting 50 rounds at one session, I'm worn out after 5 (I too am old)!

When I shot the PRS series heavily, I had a 40X I converted to a repeater (to mimic my match rifle) and shot 100 rounds a day, 5-6 days a week..... it was a job. But it allowed me to place 8th in the 2012 PRS Finale (I was 52 at the time). I think the .22 practice was more important than the centerfire, as the only difference was a little math (and a lot less barrels and reloading time).

Have a good New Year!
Hellbender:

Admiration for your past and current marksmanship. I would estimate I could keep 1 shot in four or five within a 5" diameter disk at 200 yd. And that on a good day.

My scenario is the ideal. But always deviations from the ideal. My goal for this year's shooting is to average 200 or better with a 5 x 5 COF using the NRA 50 yd Small Bore Rifle Target. Last year I never shot better than the low 190s. That score is somewhere between pathetic and mediocre. The aggravating aspect was I would shot a 45 5-shot group, then a low 30s group. No consistency. My only answer is more practice so in Winter try to do dry firing every day.

A very Happy New Year and All the Best in 2020 to you.

Rick

@RAVAGE88 did you work with Bighorn in the same way that you did with Curtis? I don't want to bother them too much in their thread but they refer to their magazine as proprietary and seem quite proud of it, yet it seems like an almost exact copy of a Vudoo magazine. Given the recent drama with Bergara I'm just curious.

@RAVAGE88 did you work with Bighorn in the same way that you did with Curtis? I don't want to bother them too much in their thread but they refer to their magazine as proprietary and seem quite proud of it, yet it seems like an almost exact copy of a Vudoo magazine. Given the recent drama with Bergara I'm just curious.

I didn't. We'll be releasing a few things pretty soon to outline our position.

Ok fellas, the 15 round mags are off the machine and ready for finish. I put this one together prior to finish to play around a bit, so thought I'd make a quick video of how slick it feeds.

And yes, that's 16 rounds because I had a 10 round spring on my workbench and just threw it in there.

MB

Ok fellas, the 15 round mags are off the machine and ready for finish. I put this one together prior to finish to play around a bit, so thought I'd make a quick video of how slick it feeds.

And yes, that's 16 rounds because I had a 10 round spring on my workbench and just threw it in there.

MB

When can we place orders?

I didn't. We'll be releasing a few things pretty soon to outline our position.
Their design is such a clear ripoff of yours (even worse than Bergara) that I thought they HAD to have worked something out with you. I'm sorry that you're running into so much trouble regarding the magazines. Also the 15 rounder looks well done, great job.

Reactions: phlegethon

MB

Yeah I’m gonna need ten of those.

edit: will the single shot follower be compatible with the aluminum five round mag?

Strange all 3 of my MK5 5-25’s completely correct parallax at 50 yards. I have also had probably 4 DMR gen 1 that all corrected parallax at 50 yards.

Reactions: Pranavdc
Have a Vudoo on order (super excited!), and am going with a Grayboe Ridgeback stock. I have never used the M-lok system and want to get everything I need on order. What is the best way to go for mounting a bipod with this system? I typically use an Atlas if that makes any difference. Thanks !
I have the same rifle and i used the Atlas rail

MB

??

Five, 12 and 15 rounders pluggin right along and 10s in the machine. Pulled these for some random testing, etc., before blast and finish, 12 rounder in the middle hasn't been tumbled yet but even right off the machine runs like a top.

MB
What is the finish going to be? I think I missed it, sorry.

Their design is such a clear ripoff of yours (even worse than Bergara) that I thought they HAD to have worked something out with you. I'm sorry that you're running into so much trouble regarding the magazines. Also the 15 rounder looks well done, great job.

they even say on there FB page that Vudoo mags will work in their action . So they have to be really close to being the same.

5372B0CA-41D0-47D0-9643-B049E670B150.png

• Wow
Reactions: bjay
@RAVAGE88
Are the new billet mags the same width dimensions as the current plastic ones?

I have original 1st gen mags that work great with vudoo DBM or in chassis like an MPA but stick in a Hawkins Precision DBM. Got new plastic mags from Mile High SA and they fit great with no clearance isssues.

new plastic mag measurement, these fit the Hawkins DBM

old 1st gen plastic mags, these stick in the Hawkins DBM at the measured point

@RAVAGE88
Are the new billet mags the same width dimensions as the current plastic ones?

I have original 1st gen mags that work great with vudoo DBM or in chassis like an MPA but stick in a Hawkins Precision DBM. Got new plastic mags from Mile High SA and they fit great with no clearance isssues.

new plastic mag measurement, these fit the Hawkins DBM

old 1st gen plastic mags, these stick in the Hawkins DBM at the measured point

Yessir, the weld tooling was fine tuned a little about a year ago which resulted in slightly more collapse when the two halves are ultrasonically welded. However, it wasn't done to solve fitment problems, as the magazines have always fit well in all the DBMs and chassis systems that were tested. I've worked closely with various manufacturers to fine tune numerous DBMs and chassis systems using the actual Accuracy International prints and as long as the component receiving the magazines match the original prints the Vudoo mags fit properly.

MB

Didnt have much time today and the wind was bad but here are the 2 best center x groups at 50.
Fine groups. Contiguous shot holes. As shown group center for one is at 12 o'clock, at 3 o'clock for the other. Is the orientation of one photo 90 deg relative to the other or did you adjust the scope between the two?

Rick

They werent consecutive groups i tried several different brands of ammo, shot some at 100 just looking at dope difference then came back and shot the promising one which was center x. Gonna try some sk+ plus tomorrow and shoot center x to 100 for groups.

Last edited:
Optika 6 looks like an interesting scope. Nice range, good glass, but the retilces, is it really just -

View attachment 7215841

That leaves a lot to be desired.

*EDIT* - Nevermind - It looks like they have a MRAD RD reticle, that looks pretty nice.
Optika 6 looks like an interesting scope. Nice range, good glass, but the retilces, is it really just -

View attachment 7215841

That leaves a lot to be desired.

*EDIT* - Nevermind - It looks like they have a MRAD RD reticle, that looks pretty nice.

Yeah I got the mrad that @koshkin designed.

Attachments

• PTM1 MRAD RD 5-30 05-10-2019-2.pdf
    81.3 KB · Views: 73