• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

recommendations on a "lightweight" stock for the vudoo. Mine is sitting in a MPA chassis and with the NF sitting atop it, weighs in at 15lb 2oz. As i mentioned my wife wants one for herself, but says the weight of mine for any non support NFL22 shooting stages , is to much for her. Any suggestions? thanks

Black magic all composite stock.

Attachments

• 8A1D37AD-A265-4FF9-A536-427191A8C04B.jpeg
    8A1D37AD-A265-4FF9-A536-427191A8C04B.jpeg
    410.8 KB · Views: 133
Manners T4, Manners PRS1, GRS Sporter or an MPA Competition chassis.
those are all tactical stocks. I would highly advise using a proper benchrest stock with a SEB Neo and a tactical stock for bipod/bag type shooting. You are just not going to get optimal results otherwise.

The only exception might be to get a chassis type system and have someone machine a front and rear bag rider, but it’s still going to be unnecessarily tall and I bet it wouldn’t track as well.

took me a year to pull the trigger. I've had my vudoo exactly one week today, MPA chassis, (3rd one) my wife has decided she wants to shoot now. Will b ordering my second vudoo barreled action next week it looks like
Haha. Same thing happened to me. Just got her chassis in the mail to finish hers. I'm going to bet they will make more than a few his and hers sets. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: jinxx4ever
recommendations on a "lightweight" stock for the vudoo. Mine is sitting in a MPA chassis and with the NF sitting atop it, weighs in at 15lb 2oz. As i mentioned my wife wants one for herself, but says the weight of mine for any non support NFL22 shooting stages , is to much for her. Any suggestions? thanks
I don't have any experience with any of the chassis systems so many here are using for their V22s - much prefer conventional stocks. To that end, my two competition V22s are in Manners PRS1T stocks, and weigh just over 13lbs. with Cronus 4.5-29x56 scopes. Both have 22" bbls - one a Krieger in Rem sendero/varmint contour, the other a Bartlein in VGW's Kukri contour. The last V22 I put together has a 22" Krieger #4 sptr bbl, and sits in a Manners EH2 stock, with a 6-24x50 Midas TAC scope - it weighs 9.75lbs. Neither weight includes the Harris bipod...

Attachments

• DSC_1176.JPG
    DSC_1176.JPG
    448.7 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC_1211.JPG
    DSC_1211.JPG
    449.4 KB · Views: 127
I am putting together one for my wife. V22 with 18in proof barrel in an element 3.0 chassis with a midas tac 6-24 in top. Haven't had a chance to put it on a scale yet but expect give or take 10lbs

those are all tactical stocks. I would highly advise using a proper benchrest stock with a SEB Neo and a tactical stock for bipod/bag type shooting. You are just not going to get optimal results otherwise.

The only exception might be to get a chassis type system and have someone machine a front and rear bag rider, but it’s still going to be unnecessarily tall and I bet it wouldn’t track as well.
Well my MPA chassis is setup for OPEN F-class.......while this is NOT my rifle it is set the same way..Front 3" mount and rear bag rider....
1578691732329.png

Reactions: Shooter1960655
My current set up which rides a bit high but is quite stable. I also have an Anschutz front bag rider I'm building a mounting plate for that should reduce overall height by .3-.5".

i-XzkkNXF-L.jpg

Last edited:
Jinxx:

I need to do a thread on this build, still getting initial data from other than silhouette matches. Haven't had time to bench it for a 6x5 yet. Total weight less than 8.5lbs with a AG composites CF stock

Great to hear there is a BR rifle coming... With much anticipation, it's so hard to be patient... A question/suggestion... It would be helpful for those of us who do not yet shoot Vudoo's to see data from the new BR rifle (such as from the Lapua Test facility using the BR rifle or possibly some 6x5 data sheets) so we can get a feel for what it is capable of, when the time comes... That would help all of us see the real potential this new rifle has.... Looking forward to hearing more about the new rifle...

Thanks so much!

P:

Thanks for you comments.

I idea is given a chosen rifle, i,e, barrel, action, trigger, stock/chassis, bottom metal, a sighting system, i.e. rail, mount, scope, and ammunition type, what support produces the best accuracy. I presume you are correct in stating if a benchrest stock replaced the tactical stock given the support is a Seb Neo and rear bag, the accuracy would increase but that is not the question. My hypothesis is that a Seb Neo and the appropriate rear support, whatever that might be, would produce the most accuracy even with a tactical stock as one of the chosen items. May not be true. Any and all recommendations gratefully accepted.

With all of the above chosen, cast in concrete as it were, the remaining variables are the environmental conditions and the marksmanship. They are not independent variables since good marksmanship can overcome some environmental conditions. However, since I do not possess that skill, the shooting will be done when the air is cool to warm, clear and dead calm. What is then left are the remaining components of marksmanship.

Sorry for not explaining the situation clearly.

Rick

Last edited:
Reactions: pazzo
Well my MPA chassis is setup for OPEN F-class.......while this is NOT my rifle it is set the same way..Front 3" mount and rear bag rider....View attachment 7221959
M:

Thanks for the info. While a chassis may not have form there is no denying its superior modularity. Went to the MPA website to order the F Class Slider Plate only to discover the Competition chassis is no longer King of the Hill, the Matrix chassis is. Never ends.

What rear bag do you run?

Rick

Last edited:
I presume you are correct in stating if a benchrest stock replaced the tactical stock given the support is a Seb Neo and rear bag, the accuracy would increase but that is not the question. My hypothesis is that a Seb Neo and the appropriate rear support, whatever that might be, would produce the most accuracy even with a tactical stock as one of the chosen items. May not be true.
I get that, and I have tried a little to do the same thing. My sense, although from limited experience, is that it's pretty hard to get good accuracy by throwing a tactical stock into a rest, even a superb one like the Neo. Without the repeatable tracking and stability that you'd get with a wide, flat forearm and flat rear end, it just introduces more variables to control. I am pretty sure at this point you can get tighter groups from those kinds of stocks off a bipod and soft bag than you can in a bench rest. I may be wrong too, and I hope to hear more about your experiences.

On the other hand, the chassis systems should really have the versatility to adapt, but it seems like there's not a lot of third party support. This may be because most benchrest guys, at least for light guns, prefer stocks and maybe some of that is "this is the way it's always been done." I've been looking for a while for a commercially available front bag rider adaptor for Arca-Swiss and there's really nothing on the market (the JP Enterprise one that just came out doesn't fit on most Area 419 rails, and even when it fits it slips off easily).

Reactions: rick137
Took a forearm adapter from Sinclair which is made for a Freeland rail. Got rid of the supplied fastners and filled in the cutouts in the adapter with JB weld. Attached it with longer Mlok screws to the MDT chassis. Can switch back and forth from the heavy benchrest to bipod quickly now.

Attachments

• C6E14204-3726-4BEB-B0F8-9D76CA854852.png
    C6E14204-3726-4BEB-B0F8-9D76CA854852.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 248
Reactions: Sieg
Jinxx:

I need to do a thread on this build, still getting initial data from other than silhouette matches. Haven't had time to bench it for a 6x5 yet. Total weight less than 8.5lbs with a AG composites CF stock

that looks like a proof barrel?

Do tell us (me) more . . .
It’s an All-Composites A5 style all carbon fiber stock. Not listed on there site. They call it the Black magic. Stock weights 1.5 lbs with adjustable cheek riser. My wife’s weights just under 7lbs with 18” proof carbon fiber barrel, bottom metal, scope and bipod rails.

This is a version of the rifle they have listed.

AG Composites makes a bunch of different style stocks and also have a great selection of color options and they weigh approx 2.5 lbs

Got out for a bit today to try out new scope, SCAL and SK long range match.
First impression I like the Optika6 much better than Pst gen 1 that was on it. Nothing wrong with the Atlas CAL I was using, SCAL is just more of a good thing. Long Range Match show potential. Only sighted in and shot a few groups @ 50yds, wind blowing too much to get a good idea @100yds. I'll be ready when Wednesday night bench rest starts up. Also hope to try F class and NRL type shoots this year.

20200111_163101.jpg20200111_165838.jpg

Great to hear there is a BR rifle coming... With much anticipation, it's so hard to be patient... A question/suggestion... It would be helpful for those of us who do not yet shoot Vudoo's to see data from the new BR rifle (such as from the Lapua Test facility using the BR rifle or possibly some 6x5 data sheets) so we can get a feel for what it is capable of, when the time comes... That would help all of us see the real potential this new rifle has.... Looking forward to hearing more about the new rifle...

Thanks so much!
The minute we get our BR rifles finished they will be heading to Lapua.

Took a forearm adapter from Sinclair which is made for a Freeland rail. Got rid of the supplied fastners and filled in the cutouts in the adapter with JB weld. Attached it with longer Mlok screws to the MDT chassis. Can switch back and forth from the heavy benchrest to bipod quickly now.
Looking at similar 'Low Rider' mounting options for my KRG Bravo.

I would like to measure the accuracy of my rifles with the optimal support. However, none have a benchrest stock although one has a MPA chassis. To me optimal support means accurate, stable pointing and only displacement and vibration but no rotation when a shot is fired. In nautical/aeronautical terms neither pitching nor yawing of the barrel.

My original concept was a mechanical front rest and a heavy bag with super slick material for the rear support. I choose a Seb Neo because of the adjustable width of the side bags and the ease of pointing. I was going to purchase an Edgewood or Protektor for the rear bag. Now I wonder if there is something better for the rear support if the stock is a Manners T4, Manners PRS1, GRS Sporter or an MPA Competition chassis. Perhaps a rear mechanical rest?

Any suggestions/recommendations would be most appreciated.

Rick
Have you ever seen these rear rests? It may or may not be what you're looking for since you said you already have a seb for the front but I've used them and they work really well. I even get custom bags made for them so that it's compatible with multiple stocks/chassis.

Reactions: rick137 and AMTGMC
Jinxx:

Nice looking rifle.Looks like it would make a nice tree rat rifle.

I would like to measure the accuracy of my rifles with the optimal support. However, none have a benchrest stock although one has a MPA chassis. To me optimal support means accurate, stable pointing and only displacement and vibration but no rotation when a shot is fired. In nautical/aeronautical terms neither pitching nor yawing of the barrel.

My original concept was a mechanical front rest and a heavy bag with super slick material for the rear support. I choose a Seb Neo because of the adjustable width of the side bags and the ease of pointing. I was going to purchase an Edgewood or Protektor for the rear bag. Now I wonder if there is something better for the rear support if the stock is a Manners T4, Manners PRS1, GRS Sporter or an MPA Competition chassis. Perhaps a rear mechanical rest?

Any suggestions/recommendations would be most appreciated.

Rick
355617C1-952A-4E5E-B35D-5D5FDDB8F6F3.jpeg
This is probably far to advanced for you lotechs but da it is!!

I already have an interesting hodge-podge of colors - blue chassis, whatever that brown is for Vortex Razor, cobalt cerakote on action and barrel.... it all works quite well somehow... let's add a splash of red...

I am considering ordering a similar color setup. Would you mind posting a pic of yours?

As promised, I present to you, the new Vudoo/Flavio Benchrest/F Class Trigger; it's shown here installed in the new V-22M Magnum Action. I gauged it out of the box and it measured exactly 1.5 oz on 10 consecutive pulls and it's adjustable from .7 to 2.8 oz.

CA2-DDFA1-343-D-4-F48-9141-5-B27-BF9-F6288.jpg

MB

Last edited:
Have you ever seen these rear rests? It may or may not be what you're looking for since you said you already have a seb for the front but I've used them and they work really well. I even get custom bags made for them so that it's compatible with multiple stocks/chassis.

I like that, thanks for the link

You might also consider the Holeshot rear rest ... available from Killough (limited supply) and built on a design originally (I'm told) made by Cliff Arnold that was called the ABRA Rear Mechanical Rests. It'll match your SEB quite well.

Attachments

• Holeshot Rear Rest.png
    Holeshot Rear Rest.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
What you’re saying makes perfect sense. My Wife trains hunter/jumpers, teaches riders and has two horses of her own (one of which is retired). Although she doesn’t show anymore, there was a time she competed in the same shows as her students, but always different classes. Not necessarily to avoid competing with her students, but to be available as their trainer while she wasn’t riding.

Team Vudoo is more about a culture and the team members are fully aware of why the team was assembled. They’re all really competitive, but they were also chosen for other qualities that allows them to extend our culture beyond our facility. I can never guarantee that some won’t be upset, but I can guarantee they’ll be well taken care of as part of what we started and for the reasons we started it.

You’ll be welcomed into this culture as well whenever you’re ready. There won’t be a time that you reach out that I or someone else from Vudoo won’t respond within minutes, even on the weekends....

Thanks for adding to this thread and feel free to reach out anytime.

MB

I am a Vudoo owner and let me say not only is the rifle a work of art, bit the people are amazing. I can pick up the phone and talk to anybody that answers there and the customer service, the friendliness etc is 2nd to none. It truly makes me proud to own one. World class equipment, world class people.

Thanks Mike. It will be very interesting to see how well the single shot new rifle performs compared to your repeater rifle. Very good head to head competition, if you ask me. Good luck at SS next week, and we all look forward to more information on the new rifle.

At the Lapua test facility is the barrel action plus trigger clamped into the support or put into a rail gun? If it is clamped, perhaps the relative accuracy using different lots applies to non-clamped support systems as well but maybe not? That is a test needing to be performed. Determine the different in accuracy for two lots of Center-X at the Test Center, then using the same two lots determine difference in accuracy for other support systems.

At the Lapua test facility is the barrel action plus trigger clamped into the support or put into a rail gun? If it is clamped, perhaps the relative accuracy using different lots applies to non-clamped support systems as well but maybe not? That is a test needing to be performed. Determine the different in accuracy for two lots of Center-X at the Test Center, then using the same two lots determine difference in accuracy for other support systems.
Looks like me like it's a fixed setup, not a rail gun. See video below.
Vudoo Gun Works Visits The Lapua Testing Center

rick1317, I am actually headed to the Ohio test facility with my Anschutz 1903 in a couple of weeks. There is a video on Youtube where they used a VGW rifle to overview the process of testing. You might want to check it out. I believe they use action screws, to tighten the action to a metal block. Then it's locked down to eliminate variation, before actual shooting begins. I think you are correct, in that this tests only the barreled action capability, eliminating human variation as well as other variation (stock, action screw torque, rests, etc.) that might impact the group results. As such, you could consider this "best case" for the BA, and when you do a final assembly, there will likely be more variation in results at that time. It's still a valid test though, and will be interesting to see how well a repeater BA performs vs a single shot BA.

rick1317, I am actually headed to the Ohio test facility with my Anschutz 1903 in a couple of weeks. There is a video on Youtube where they used a VGW rifle to overview the process of testing. You might want to check it out. I believe they use action screws, to tighten the action to a metal block. Then it's locked down to eliminate variation, before actual shooting begins. I think you are correct, in that this tests only the barreled action capability, eliminating human variation as well as other variation (stock, action screw torque, rests, etc.) that might impact the group results. As such, you could consider this "best case" for the BA, and when you do a final assembly, there will likely be more variation in results at that time. It's still a valid test though, and will be interesting to see how well a repeater BA performs vs a single shot BA.
I am scheduled for Jan 28th for my first Vudoo

I debated whether to post here or start another thread since there are so many posts in this thread. That being said, I'd be glad to move it if wanted. Warning, long post...

I wanted to take a sec and provide a quick review of Vudoo Customer Service of my two Vudoo V-22's

Vudoo Number 1
Not too long ago, I got the itch to own a second Vudoo and ended up trading into one here on the Hide. The rifle only had 20 rounds through it according to the previous owner and it's condition indicated that was likely true. Upon receiving the rifle, I could not get it to fire 9 out of 10 times. There was just the occasional bullet that would work.

I called up Vudoo and spoke with Paul who asked me a few questions with complete patience. Absolutely no mocking tone or indication of frustration on his end for what I am sure he would have been justified thinking was a user error. I indicated that I tried Lapua, SK, and Eley ammo as a test. He asked me to try and new firing pin spring and had it shipped out that day. After immediately putting the spring on the firing pin and trying again, I got the same result. Little or no firing. He then offered to send me out a new firing pin assembly just in case there was something awry with the one in the bolt. I got that super quick as well and it ended up not being the fix either. At this point, he had me ship the gun to him, but instead of asking me to send it to him, he had UPS come to my house with a pre-paid label and pick it up... Amazing!

After he had a chance to take a look at the rifle, it turns out that there was an internal issue with the trigger (Timney) caused by a warped side plate. He then said, "I have several triggers, you want me to send you another one or just replace the side plate with one I have on hand...?" I told him that the trigger was not something that I felt he needed to support to which he said, "I am already replacing the plate while we're on the phone so that you'll know it's done."

Received it back and it worked perfectly.

Vudoo Number 2
This was my original Vudoo. I bought it just a few months after they became available. I've loved shooting it and have spent a lot of time testing ammo, running KYL's, NRL22 matches, etc. The only issue I had was that I could never get it to group as well as I thought it should given the results others were getting here. I tried over 20 different types of ammo, including several Sku's from Lapua, SK, Eley, Federal, etc. The best I could get was an average of around an inch at 100 yards which is still not bad compared to any other result from any other .22 rifle I have owned.

When having the other Vudoo worked on, Paul mentioned the Lapua testing center and that I should send it there. If it didn't keep less than 1 MOA, significanlty less, he offered to rebarrel the rifle for free! I sent the rifle off and sure enough, after testing 12 lots of Center X, the best groups they got from the rifle were just over an inch.

Paul didn't ask for the result evidence, he just listened and told me to send the barreled action to him. Same as before, he sent UPS to my home (an hour away from any UPS service) with a pre-paid label and had it picked up. 4 weeks later (today), I received the completed re-barrel and can't wait to get out and play again!

I previously spent 11 years working at the corporate office of Remington Arms Company and have also been exposed to a lot firearms related companies. I have seen everything from good to terrible customer service in the industry. I have NEVER seen service like this from any other manufacturer. Just can't say enough about how pleasant, quick, and awesome these guys are. It's wonderful to own a part of such a special company.

Hats off and many best wishes to you guys and your future!

20200113-230830.jpg

Vudoo 1 - 18" Kukri barrled action in a Manners T4A (gen 2 mini chassis). Athlon Ares ETR mounted in a Spuhr QDP 4002. Modular Evolution bipod. Triggertech Diamond Pro.
Vudoo 2 - 16" Kukri barrled action in a Manners TF4A (KMW bottom metal). Minox ZP5 mounted in a Spuhr QDP 4002. MDT Ckye Pod bipod. Triggertech Diamond Pro.

Last edited:
Vudoo machined the fixture for their action and sent it to the Lapua testing facility. The action is torqued in the fixture then mounted in a machinists vice for testing. That's the quick summary.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
I debated whether to post here or start another thread since there are so many posts in this thread. That being said, I'd be glad to move it if wanted. Warning, long post...

I wanted to take a sec and provide a quick review of Vudoo Customer Service of my two Vudoo V-22's

Vudoo Number 1
Not too long ago, I got the itch to own a second Vudoo and ended up trading into one here on the Hide. The rifle only had 20 rounds through it according to the previous owner and it's condition indicated that was likely true. Upon receiving the rifle, I could not get it to fire 9 out of 10 times. There was just the occasional bullet that would work.

I called up Vudoo and spoke with Paul who asked me a few questions with complete patience. Absolutely no mocking tone or indication of frustration on his end for what I am sure he would have been justified thinking was a user error. I indicated that I tried Lapua, SK, and Eley ammo as a test. He asked me to try and new firing pin spring and had it shipped out that day. After immediately putting the spring on the firing pin and trying again, I got the same result. Little or no firing. He then offered to send me out a new firing pin assembly just in case there was something awry with the one in the bolt. I got that super quick as well and it ended up not being the fix either. At this point, he had me ship the gun to him, but instead of asking me to send it to him, he had UPS come to my house with a pre-paid label and pick it up... Amazing!

After he had a chance to take a look at the rifle, it turns out that there was an internal issue with the trigger (Timney) caused by a warped side plate. He then said, "I have several triggers, you want me to send you another one or just replace the side plate with one I have on hand...?" I told him that the trigger was not something that I felt he needed to support to which he said, "I am already replacing the plate while we're on the phone so that you'll know it's done."

Received it back and it worked perfectly.

Vudoo Number 2
This was my original Vudoo. I bought it just a few months after they became available. I've loved shooting it and have spent a lot of time testing ammo, running KYL's, NRL22 matches, etc. The only issue I had was that I could never get it to group as well as I thought it should given the results others were getting here. I tried over 20 different types of ammo, including several Sku's from Lapua, SK, Eley, Federal, etc. The best I could get was an average of around an inch at 100 yards which is still not bad compared to any other result from any other .22 rifle I have owned.

When having the other Vudoo worked on, Paul mentioned the Lapua testing center and that I should send it there. If it didn't keep less than 1 MOA, significanlty less, he offered to rebarrel the rifle for free! I sent the rifle off and sure enough, after testing 12 lots of Center X, the best groups they got from the rifle were just over an inch.

Paul didn't ask for the result evidence, he just listened and told me to send the barreled action to him. Same as before, he sent UPS to my home (an hour away from any UPS service) with a pre-paid label and had it picked up. 4 weeks later (today), I received the completed re-barrel and can't wait to get out and play again!

I previously spent 11 years working at the corporate office of Remington Arms Company and have also been exposed to a lot firearms related companies. I have seen everything from good to terrible customer service in the industry. I have NEVER seen service like this from any other manufacturer. Just can't say enough about how pleasant, quick, and awesome these guys are. It's wonderful to own a part of such a special company.

Hats off and many best wishes to you guys and your future!

20200113-230830.jpg

Vudoo 1 - 18" Kukri barrled action in a Manners T4A (gen 2 mini chassis). Athlon Ares ETR mounted in a Spuhr QDP 4002. Modular Evolution bipod. Triggertech Diamond Pro.
Vudoo 2 - 16" Kukri barrled action in a Manners TF4A (KMW bottom metal). Minox ZP5 mounted in a Spuhr QDP 4002. MDT Ckye Pod bipod. Triggertech Diamond Pro.

This needs to be in its own post and a sticky so that everyone can see what customer service means. Even though I have almost come to expect this from VGW based on my experience and all the stories I have heard I am still amazed at how they treat their customers. Congrats on 2awesome rifles and well done VGW!

RS99:
I will be interested in your comments on testing. But you are not eliminating the rest, just exchanging one type of support for another. Whether the test center support produces the best results, by which I presume you mean greatest accuracy, is not a settled question, at least to me. Suppose a skilled benchrest shooter with his/her weapon system shot at the test center using the bench to which the vise was attached. Then remove the barreled action and do the test in the standard way. Compare the results. As an example could you take a Vudoo in an MPA Comp chassis to the Lapua Test Center. Test the clamped barreled action, then test the clamped chassis with the barreled action.

The wild card in all this is the ammunition. Imagine the only variable is the ammunition, a thought experiment impossible to completely perform in practice. :rolleyes: You shoot a case of ammunition. For each box you record the muzzle velocity for each shot and calculate the statistics, mean, SD, ES, for the box. Do the same for all boxes of ammunition. In the end you have 500 sets of means, SDs and ESs. Calculate the statistics of the 500 sets. That hopefully would give the expected box to box variation in muzzle velocity. This would set the limits to comparing the accuracy of two 50 shot groups from different boxes. Perhaps the 50 shots in the box is not the optimal sample size, just a convenient one. Going further you construct histograms for the means, SDs and ESs. The shape of the histograms might suggest the underlying probability function, such as the bell shaped curve, for that case of ammunition and perhaps the lot.

Rick

You might also consider the Holeshot rear rest ... available from Killough (limited supply) and built on a design originally (I'm told) made by Cliff Arnold that was called the ABRA Rear Mechanical Rests. It'll match your SEB quite well.
OZ:

Thanks for the intel. Ordered one. Now all I have to find is a good F-Class shooter to complement the Vudoo, Seb and Holeshot.

Rick