• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Ask and ye shall receive? Cutting Edge 22LR ammunition perhaps?

Last edited:
MB:

Will there be a choice of trigger blade geometries for Vudoo/Flavio RAVAGE Triggers? Appears to be a flat blade in WS you were shooting.

And perhaps trigger hangers?

It seems the rest of the shooting world has begun to realize all the ergonomic features in target or biathlon rifles enhance accuracy in all types of weapon systems.

Rick

Mike,
When you say "trigger hangers", do the photos below show what you mean? I would certainly like kind of trigger.

Attachments

• B&A_2stage- 405.00.jpg
    B&A_2stage- 405.00.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 112
  • mec-trigger-ans6541675.jpg
    mec-trigger-ans6541675.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 107
  • trigger-blade-adjustable-blue34691216.jpg
    trigger-blade-adjustable-blue34691216.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 96
  • Timney-Calvin-Remington700-521x600.jpg
    Timney-Calvin-Remington700-521x600.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 102
Trigger esoterica. Since a trigger is pinned, its motion is a rotation. Therefore one applies a trigger torque, not a trigger force. Torque is the product of a force times a lever arm. Thus every part of your finger in contact with the trigger can apply a different torque even if the force is the same at every point of contact. Probably of no practical importance except perhaps if torque needed is very small.

What size rings are you using? I’m looking at getting the ares.
Just about any medium rings should be fine with a 34mm tube. I love my ares! Very solid scope and I haven’t seen anything that can touch it in that price range.

Just about any medium rings should be fine with a 34mm tube. I love my ares! Very solid scope and I haven’t seen anything that can touch it in that price range.
Thanks that’s what I was looking for. I have seen a ton of people speaking very highly of the ares so that’s not even a second thought I just wasn’t sure on going with medium or high rings. Again thanks.

You have to watch out for generic terms like medium and high as one company's medium might be higher or lower than another. Get the actual measurement that companies give for base to center of tube to figure ring height needed.

I have used .92" height with 50mm objectives and 1" height with both 50 and 56mm objectives on my Vudoo and had no issues. That is with caps and a Kukri contour barrel and 20 and 40 moa base.

Reactions: phlegethon
Mike,
When you say "trigger hangers", do the photos below show what you mean? I would certainly like kind of trigger.

A trigger hangar is usually an adapter (alum. or steel) that mounts between an action and the trigger ass'y....usually used to adapt a trigger from a different gun (like an Anschutz) to the parent gun (like a Rem 700).

They can also be used to adjust the timing of the trigger.

Quick range trip to test setup changes to the windage head to port mount, sand density in rest bag, and mounting an Anschutz/Sinclair front plate to the spigot on the KRG Bravo chassis.

i-qpcQhz2-L.jpg

i-NJG2LJW-M.png

There's always that one problem child. ?

Shot with SK Rifle Match 50* overcast, humidity 80%, 1-3 mph winds.

Average for 10 five shot groups was .352 center to center.

Quick range trip to test setup changes to the windage head to port mount, sand density in rest bag, and mounting an Anschutz/Sinclair front plate to the spigot on the KRG Bravo chassis.

i-qpcQhz2-L.jpg

i-NJG2LJW-M.png

What did you do for the rear bag rider on the Bravo?

What did you do for the rear bag rider on the Bravo?
I machined a piece of 7/8" aluminum rod and bolted it to the existing pick up points in the stock.

KRG announced a new Bag Rider for the Bravo at Shot Show!

I machined a piece of 7/8" aluminum rod and bolted it to the existing pick up points in the stock.

KRG announced a new Bag Rider for the Bravo at Shot Show!
I really need to learn about machining. I don’t have enough expensive hobbies.

• Haha
Reactions: Sieg
Sleg,

Seems to shoot fantastic. I really like that shooting setup and the mods you did! Do you think a barrel tuner could improve things any?

Sleg,

Seems to shoot fantastic. I really like that shooting setup and the mods you did! Do you think a barrel tuner could improve things any?

tuners don’t seem to work on a barrel less than 24” typically, personally I’m not sayin that you might not see a slight improvement however if you want to do some reading on them hit up the benchrest forums and rimfire central.. lots of the guys in the BR game also say that no amount of tuning will correct for poor ammo or even a poor barrel.

I personally am thinking of trying a tuner on mine, the barrel is 22” . Harrel’s makes one threaded 1/2” by 28 for an AR it would be a total experiment but at $90 it wouldn’t break the bank if it turns out to not contribute anything.

Sleg,

I will say that my next test will be with my Tactical Solutions Axiom suppressor as it may tighten groups slightly. There are so many subtle variations with rimfire. It's more sensitive than my menopausal wife in her prime moments...... IMO. ? With my 18" Kukri profile I'm not sure how effective a Harrel's or other tuner could be, but my suppressor has indicated potential.

The subtle changes I made to the rest's windage tray, lowering the CG and style of the front bag rider, changing sand density in the front bag appeared to have helped consistency, though the wind influence was near zero compared to the norm at this range.

Here is all 10 groups, the first group extreme left was due to forgetting to re-zero windage after shooting a 200yd match 4 weeks ago, so I deleted that error from the average. I should note this is with a first gen V22 serial number 15XX with what I believe is the V1.2 fire control upgrade.

i-CRjvskS-M.jpg

My next challenge is understanding the first shot 'flyers' that were high left in some of these groups. When my chronograph arrives that will help one aspect, though there are so many other potential influences. My trigger is at 8-9ozs vs a BR 1.5-2oz trigger, the benches I was using at this range are portable vs the concrete benches at our 200yd range and I was detecting POA shifts from the benches with even the slightest of pressures influencing the bench. Most of the deviation is vertical, that would indicate velocity, though it could be front and rear bag issues, trigger pull angle or?

That is what is so challenging about rimfire! If you embrace the challenge it's great, if you don't it can send you to the psych unit.

A trigger hangar is usually an adapter (alum. or steel) that mounts between an action and the trigger ass'y....usually used to adapt a trigger from a different gun (like an Anschutz) to the parent gun (like a Rem 700).

They can also be used to adjust the timing of the trigger.

Hellbender, thanks so very much. I have not seen that hanger in so many years, I forgot that it was available. I would certainly like something like a Anschutz 5018 ( 2 oz. - 8 oz. ) in my V-22.
Shawn

Attachments

• 600.00 2-8 oz..jpg
    600.00 2-8 oz..jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: nakoa01
Hellbender, thanks so very much. I have not seen that hanger in so many years, I forgot that it was available. I would certainly like something like a Anschutz 5018 ( 2 oz. - 8 oz. ) in my V-22.
Shawn

Jewell is your answer you can get down as low as 1/2oz and go up to 1lb without removing the action from the stock.. for BR they are perfect but guys that lay in the dirt experience issues and usually keep lighter fluid to flush Incase it gets stuck..
I have several Jewell triggers and have never had any issue but I keep my rifles out of the dirt and clean. You can get a Jewell with a safety as well and it will go almost as light as the br trigger (no safety).

Reactions: nakoa01
Jewell is your answer you can get down as low as 1/2oz and go up to 1lb without removing the action from the stock.. for BR they are perfect but guys that lay in the dirt experience issues and usually keep lighter fluid to flush Incase it gets stuck..
I have several Jewell triggers and have never had any issue but I keep my rifles out of the dirt and clean. You can get a Jewell with a safety as well and it will go almost as light as the br trigger (no safety).
I have been looking at the B&A because of it's free trigger. I have the blade style below on my air rifles and really like them. Do you have any thought's about the B&A? It is difficult to tell from this photo, but the trigger blade will adjust up/down, slide for/aft and rotate.

Attachments

• B&A_2stage- 405.00.jpg
    B&A_2stage- 405.00.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 74
  • trigger-blade-adjustable-blue34691216.jpg
    trigger-blade-adjustable-blue34691216.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 69

i-qpcQhz2-L.jpg

i-NJG2LJW-M.png

Sieg:

Ammunition caused the "flyer"? What about the "flyers" in the other groups? Did you shoot free recoil? I am reasonably certain every detail of the support matters.

Rick

Last edited:
I have been looking at the B&A because of it's free trigger. I have the blade style below on my air rifles and really like them. Do you have any thought's about the B&A? It is difficult to tell from this photo, but the trigger blade will adjust up/down, slide for/aft and rotate.

I have never had one, and have never seen one. Really don’t know so much about them.
Personally I like the idea and all I’d prolly give it whirl

Shawn:

I can only speak to the B&A TacSport Pro trigger, which is my go-to trigger. Crisp as the creases in a Marine's dress uniform, easy to adjust, supposed to have a very consistent trigger force. Seems consistent to me but my trigger finger is not that refined.

Rick

Sieg:

Ammunition caused the "flyer"? What about the "flyers" in the other groups?

Rick
Without a chrono it's mostly speculation (MagSpeed V3 on order waiting on MK Machining gen3 mount). The case of Rifle Match I have shoots better than 3 lots of Center-X I have. It appeared there was a tendency of the first shot of the five was higher and left of the next four. Regarding the shooter I felt better than average yesterday. Honestly, I only felt like a had 2-4 questionable shots, though they didn't necessarily coincide with the flyers in question.

I was shooting free recoil with 8oz trigger, thumb behind the tang pinching it. Heavy steel portable benches that at 40x I was detecting a slight POA shift (1/8-3/16") with light pressure on the bench. I did my best to isolate bench contact.... but. The front rest has spiked feet and sits on a dense reground rubber mat. I lowered the sand density in the front bag slightly, but tried to settle the gun into the rest each shot. Target stands are free standing vs fixed frames, I weight my base and upright with 3x12x36" piece of wet lumber. Wind was almost nil which is very rare at this range, though I should have put my flags up.

Impatiently waiting for the chronograph aka lie detector. :)

Without a chrono it's mostly speculation (MagSpeed V3 on order waiting on MK Machining gen3 mount). The case of Rifle Match I have shoots better than 3 lots of Center-X I have. It appeared there was a tendency of the first shot of the five was higher and left of the next four. Regarding the shooter I felt better than average yesterday. Honestly, I only felt like a had 2-4 questionable shots, though they didn't necessarily coincide with the flyers in question.

I was shooting free recoil with 8oz trigger, thumb behind the tang pinching it. Heavy steel portable benches that at 40x I was detecting a slight POA shift (1/8-3/16") with light pressure on the bench. I did my best to isolate bench contact.... but. The front rest has spiked feet and sits on a dense reground rubber mat. I lowered the sand density in the front bag slightly, but tried to settle the gun into the rest each shot. Target stands are free standing vs fixed frames, I weight my base and upright with 3x12x36" piece of wet lumber. Wind was almost nil which is very rare at this range, though I should have put my flags up.

Impatiently waiting for the chronograph aka lie detector. :)
Sieg:

Certainly knowing muzzle velocity will be a step in adding to the knowns. But the flyers were not only in elevation but windage. Knowing the muzzle velocity how accurately can the POI at 50 yd be calculated? To 0.1 MOA? 0.05MOA? Less? More? Obviously depends on knowing the BC. How consistent is the BC from bullet to bullet?

Then bullet imbalance? And a possible effect that intrigues me, how the energy released and the rate of release affects the horizontal and vertical flexural vibrations of the barrel.

Exciting times. Shooting indoors or outdoors in favorable conditions, using an accurate rifle, mechanical and competition bag rests, possibly a barrel tuner, and hopefully on very sturdy benches, we can understand the effect of ammunition on accuracy.

It would be interesting to measure the coefficients of static and sliding friction for the support system and examine the correlation between them and accuracy.

Man, can I live without a V22S? Not that I want to shoot benchrest per se but to do good experiments.

Rick

Shawn, I have the B&A in your pic on my V22, it's set on 4 oz first stage and 4 oz 2nd, I love it. I had to get a different height sear.
Mine has the safety. I also have some Anschutz trigger shoes for it, but actually like the B&A trigger turned around backwards, I think it will adjust down to 20 grams (whatever that is....really light, LOL!), you can use it as a single OR two stage.

Sieg:

Certainly knowing muzzle velocity will be a step in adding to the knowns. But the flyers were not only in elevation but windage. Knowing the muzzle velocity how accurately can the POI at 50 yd be calculated? To 0.1 MOA? 0.05MOA? Less? More? Obviously depends on knowing the BC. How consistent is the BC from bullet to bullet?

Then bullet imbalance? And a possible effect that intrigues me, how the energy released and the rate of release affects the horizontal and vertical flexural vibrations of the barrel.

Exciting times. Shooting indoors or outdoors in favorable conditions, using an accurate rifle, mechanical and competition bag rests, possibly a barrel tuner, and hopefully on very sturdy benches, we can understand the effect of ammunition on accuracy.

It would be interesting to measure the coefficients of static and sliding friction for the support system and examine the correlation between them and accuracy.

Man, can I live without a V22S? Not that I want to shoot benchrest per se but to do good experiments.

Rick
The scope is 0.05 MRAD, POA was bottom of the diamond, I wanted POI slightly left and high so not to shoot out the POA.

I don't see myself ever getting a tuner, though I'm tempted to head to the range and shoot it again with the suppressor. ?

The 6 o'clock crescent firing pin system should help eliminate another potential rimfire velocity variable related to priming compound and lack of powder volume in the case. Guess I could shoot mine upside down when I get the chrono and see. :LOL:

Benchrest is a good challenge and testing platform, though varmint hunting (digger squirrels) is my favorite form of shooting. (Waiting for Mike to develop his own .17 RSM...… Ravage Super Magnum)

All said and done I have to thank Mike and his team at Vudoo for making such an enjoyable, versatile precision rimfire rifle platform to shoot. (y)

Finally had some time and winds under 25mph to get the Athlon Midas Tac set up on the Vudoo. IMO, this is the best sub $1K scope (I paid $620 shipped) out there. Reticle is outstanding, mil movement is a swiss watch and seemingly without error so far, glass is surprising for the price, convenient zero stop. Highly recommended it as an excellent value.

I shot back and forth at 50, 90, 115, 135, 145, 160 and 175 with my kestrel, randomly between distances and it was perfect every shot (shooter error not withstanding ;)).

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4698.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4696.jpg

Finally had some time and winds under 25mph to get the Athlon Midas Tac set up on the Vudoo. IMO, this is the best sub $1K scope (I paid $620 shipped) out there. Reticle is outstanding, mil movement is a swiss watch and seemingly without error so far, glass is surprising for the price, convenient zero stop. Highly recommended it as an excellent value.

I shot back and forth at 50, 90, 115, 135, 145, 160 and 175 with my kestrel, randomly between distances and it was perfect every shot (shooter error not withstanding ;)).

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4698.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4696.jpg

Agree 100%!!!

Sieg,

Get a set of Superfeet and ditch the rubber mat, it's too unstable. You've seen my BR gear and even they don't shoot well from the mat. As for the benches at the pistol range I put a little body weight on them and even use it to shift poa for slight windage shifts with out a problem.

Dennis

Sieg,

Get a set of Superfeet and ditch the rubber mat, it's too unstable. You've seen my BR gear and even they don't shoot well from the mat. As for the benches at the pistol range I put a little body weight on them and even use it to shift poa for slight windage shifts with out a problem.

Dennis
Hi Dennis!

Funny you should bring that up..... I made these today.

i-6kGq39S-M.jpg
i-32hft3m-M.jpg

i-L6zBmsn-M.jpg

Plan is to use neoprene, cork, or spray 3M rubberized automotive undercoating on the bottoms.

This thread is 95 pages and nearly 5000 posts. It's fairly difficult to find things in this thread because there are hundreds of topics here and many of them are interleaved. Would it be possible to create a Vudoo section where we could create different threads for different topics? That way we could find what we're looking for in older posts more easily.

This thread is 95 pages and nearly 5000 posts. It's fairly difficult to find things in this thread because there are hundreds of topics here and many of them are interleaved. Would it be possible to create a Vudoo section where we could create different threads for different topics? That way we could find what we're looking for in older posts more easily.
I hear you..:)
Id just use search button to find specific topic

Or just ask your questions and I’m sure you will find an answer. There are other threads about vudoos as well. You can search in a thread as well.

Mike, I understand that Vudoo introduced 9 new items at SHOT.
Would you list them for us?

I'm old enough to recall when Remington introduced their 5mm RF magnum. Was tempted back then to try one, but have always been too cheap to buy something that shoots jacketed bullets, but can't be reloaded. However, when it comes to cartridges for the V22, I find myself wishing one of the premier ammo companies (Eley, Lapua, SK) would get serious about making fine quality 5mm Rem RF Mag ammo. I've never dinked around with any of the 17 cal cartridges, either RF or CF, and have no intentions of doing so. I have built myself rifles in 20 VarTarg & 20 Tactical, and so have a soft spot in my old hard heart for the 20 cal rounds. Totally understand Mike's reason for not offering the V22M in 5mm - wouldn't make much sense when there's only one company that makes intermittent runs of ammo for it. Hence my wish for better quality 5mm RF Mag ammo...

Snipers Hide should have a voting feature in which one could specify a desired item and see how many others have the same desire.

Definitely interested and always open to input. Thanks Dude.

MB
I'll add my name to the list of people who would be interested in a certerfire action designed round the 17 HH or 20 Vartarg. I'd really like to do a build in both of these chamberings, but don't see an action available that would allow me to use existing stocks in my garage inventory. I would be all over such an action.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Mike, look deeply into the screen.....you are getting sleeeepy, sleeeepy.....now repeat after me, “l want to release a mini centerfire action as my next project for Vudoo”....you will now awake feeling refreshed and with new purpose.

:sneaky:

Mike, look deeply into the screen.....you are getting sleeeepy, sleeeepy.....now repeat after me, “l want to release a mini centerfire action as my next project for Vudoo”....you will now awake feeling refreshed and with new purpose.

:sneaky:
Not quite. First the V22S then the V22L = V22 Long Range. Then the CF.

Whatever you say bro, as long as we get to a CF version soon I’ll support whatever route it takes to get there.
Which of us has the budget for the V22S, V22L and VXX in one year? :rolleyes:

Finest centerfire action for .17 and .20s could be the BAT VR. 700 footprint and all the bells and whistles.

Which of us has the budget for the V22S, V22L and VXX in one year? :rolleyes:

Not me, but I’d swipe the card right now for a VGW made, appropriately sized to fit 204 Ruger, proof 24” carbon barreled action. I’d catch all heck from my bride, but in 28 years together wouldn’t be the first. I’d probably end up having to buy another horse for her in trade, but it’s only money ;).

Last edited:
I think something smaller, like the 5.7x28 (and a .17, 20 cal and 6mm version) would be cooler. It would probably fit in the existing 22 Magnum sized action and the mags would probably even work, he'd just have to move the FP down a little to the center.

Most .22LR suppressors are even rated for the 5.7x28 so you wouldn't need a big, heavy CF can.

There are lots of .223 sized actions, and even several Hornet sized options already out there.

But hopefully Mike has something even cooler than what we are dreaming of in the pipeline.....

Last edited:
Reactions: shaun1826
Finest centerfire action for .17 and .20s could be the BAT VR. 700 footprint and all the bells and whistles.

I wasn't aware that BAT made a 700 footprint action. The thing that I would want would be a bolt throw that is sized appropriately for the cartridge being shot. I wouldn't want a .308 length stroke to load and eject a Vartarg or Hornet sized cartridge. Maybe the BAT action can be built to accommodate this? I have no idea.