• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Only if you post a pic of them ; )
DW

OK deltawhiskey - here you go, front to rear... sporter in front with Krieger #4 sporter in EH-1, the 1st action I bought & chambered with another Krieger sendero in GAP camo PRS1T, and Bartlein kukri in scorched earth PRS1T - all three bbls finished at 22". Athlon Cronus BTRs on the two heavies, and a new Midas BTR Gen 2 on the sporter.

Attachments

• DSC_0247.JPG
    DSC_0247.JPG
    432.5 KB · Views: 136
OK deltawhiskey - here you go, front to rear... sporter in front with Krieger #4 sporter in EH-1, the 1st action I bought & chambered with another Krieger sendero in GAP camo PRS1T, and Bartlein kukri in scorched earth PRS1T - all three bbls finished at 22".
Nice group of rifles!
So, what one do you find yourself using the most? Perhaps a favorite??
DW

Beautiful trio!

I have a Manners PRS2 ordered for mine. I am a few months in so far. I picked up a PRS1 for a Zermatt Origin 6Dasher build that I have going and really like it. That flat fore end is really stable on a bag. It doesn't feel bad in the hand either. I was worried at first that it might be too square.

OK deltawhiskey - here you go, front to rear... sporter in front with Krieger #4 sporter in EH-1, the 1st action I bought & chambered with another Krieger sendero in GAP camo PRS1T, and Bartlein kukri in scorched earth PRS1T - all three bbls finished at 22". Athlon Cronus BTRs on the two heavies, and a new Midas BTR Gen 2 on the sporter.

Nice group of rifles!
So, what one do you find yourself using the most? Perhaps a favorite??
DW

I take the sporter out every morning & night while I've got my dog out to 'do her business', which is why I went with a sfp scope - to be able to have a reticle big enough to see in low light. But the Krieger-bbl'd match rifle is what I use in matches. Nothing at all wrong with the Bartlein Kukri, just haven't gotten around to using it in a match yet.

Bought a Bravo chassis off a member here yesterday in preparation for a barreled action. Couldn't wait, called today and talked to Paul first who brought me up to speed in regards to the 22lr and moved over to Greg to order a 18" stainless Kukri w/ a 40 MOA rail and Huber 2 stage trigger at 1lb. and 1lb. With any luck, should be shooting by the end of the week.

Posting a pic of mine. First time out with it yesterday and have one 5 shot group from 50 at .16”. Pretty stoked. Best so far was eley contact, haven’t shot any center x yet till I get a few more rounds down it.

Niiiiiiice! That’s a fine group. Which stock and color is that?

Sorry if this has been covered but I'm looking to do a v22 build and if I buy a off the shelf manners stock cut for a r700 sa and with a manners mini chassis gen 2 it will drop right in? No bedding etc needed? Mags fit/feed fine from the mini chassis inlet?

Sorry if this has been covered but I'm looking to do a v22 build and if I buy a off the shelf manners stock cut for a r700 sa and with a manners mini chassis gen 2 it will drop right in? No bedding etc needed? Mags fit/feed fine from the mini chassis inlet?

I have two V-22's both in Manners stocks with gen 2 mini chassis. Both stocks were ordered for 700 SA clones. Only adjustment I had to make was on one stock I had to remove a very small amount from the bolt handle groove (very small amount took me no more than 2-3 mins to fix). Other than that they fit and feed perfectly. Both of my stocks are PRS1T's.

I recently completed a visit to the new Ohio Lapua Test Center. I found a good lot of LCX to use in my rifle. I would like to know if anyone has had a similar experience and would be willing to share your results and preferred lot number with me? I have the Dmax values for my testing and the preferred lot for my rifle to share.

We can share on a private conversation if you have the info.

Thanks for any consideration.

Niiiiiiice! That’s a fine group. Which stock and color is that?
They call it elite copperhead in a manners PRS1. Thx. I’m loving it, it’s nice to actually get something g that lives up to the hype.

I recently completed a visit to the new Ohio Lapua Test Center. I found a good lot of LCX to use in my rifle. I would like to know if anyone has had a similar experience and would be willing to share your results and preferred lot number with me? I have the Dmax values for my testing and the preferred lot for my rifle to share.

We can share on a private conversation if you have the info.

Thanks for any consideration.
I was just there Friday afternoon last week and we found a pretty good lot for my rifle. 28554-706486. The 2 10 shot groups averaged 13.37mm

Reactions: Bob huth
I was told yesterday there might be info on the bench rest model by Spring. I am disappointed, I thought it was coming sooner.

I was just there Friday afternoon last week and we found a pretty good lot for my rifle. 28554-706486. The 2 10 shot groups averaged 13.37mm
tatman, that sounds like a very good lot. 13mm or less is typical of a custom rifle, so that is a very good lot for your Vudoo! I was there on 1/27/20. I shot 21.12mm with that lot. I found a better LCX lot (for my Anschutz 1903) that shot 16.66, 16.18, 14.78 (with a flyer), 14.96, Ave = 15.6mm. Better than two "control" lots I had of LCX and Eley Team. I plan to shoot this new lot on Friday, hoping for improved performance.

How long was your wait on the Manners?

vudoo had this gun built on there website but was in a PRS2 stock, they had this stock also on their website so I asked them to swap stocks from the PRS2 to this one, from my order to receiving gun and stock was 3 days. Pretty spectacular

Reactions: nakoa01
For Vudoo owners. I just ordered my Vudoo. Question? Average random lot of LCX groups vs Lapua testing facility picked LCX. wondering if the testing is worth the effort considering the size of NRL22 targets. Thanks

For Vudoo owners. I just ordered my Vudoo. Question? Average random lot of LCX groups vs Lapua testing facility picked LCX. wondering if the testing is worth the effort considering the size of NRL22 targets. Thanks

For NRL22 targets, no. When I did lot testing of 4 different CX, it ranged from .6" average to like .9" average at 100 yards. So while there is a decent amount of gain from precisely picking lots, I don't think you're going to ever have an issue with NRL22 sized targets.

Now if you already have paid for a Vudoo, and you have the money, $50 to send to Lapua, and then buy 2 cases of LCX to have for the next 2 years, makes your life much easier and happier...

For the price, I'd say yes. They recommend 1000 round prior to testing though.

30% difference in performance! Yep that's what I wanted to know, Thank you. I'll burn through some ammo having fun and looking for a trainer round. It's a bit more than $50 when you include the ridicules shipping rates there and back. I could drive to the Eley facility and test all in the same day. Lapua was what it was cut for so I'll keep it simple. Thanks for the info.

30% difference in performance! Yep that's what I wanted to know, Thank you. I'll burn through some ammo having fun and looking for a trainer round. It's a bit more than $50 when you include the ridicules shipping rates there and back. I could drive to the Eley facility and test all in the same day. Lapua was what it was cut for so I'll keep it simple. Thanks for the info.

Old308, I drove from SE Wisconsin to the Test Facility in Ohio, about 7 hours each way, spent the night in a Holiday Inn, then tested early the next morning. The things we do to shoot smaller group holes...

I shoot benchrest so highly accurate ammo is preferred...

Reactions: nakoa01
I'm headed there Friday. Excited to see what this thing can do.

Excellent. Luke does a good job and will take care of you. Good luck with the hunt, and I'm sure you will come back with a good lot!

Also, if you have not been to the location before, have Luke's phone number handy. Google maps will take you to a BP gas station, which is about a 1/2 mile from the entrance to the range. There are absolutely no Lapua signs at all. You'll enter the Ohio State Trapshooting Association site from a small road that runs behind the BP station that takes you back toward the highway (like a frontage road). Once you turn in, drive straight in until you see some buildings on the right side, with a Lapua mini-van and trailer outside. Go inside and he'll register you there, then you drive farther back on the property to the test site (small building). Good luck!

i assume that is 13.37mm outside to outside at 50 m ? ie 0.3" ?

barronian, the Lapua systems report outside to outside measurements in mm. Convert to inches, and subtract 0.223 inches. Yes, 0.3", center to center.

My friend and I were out for a bit earlier today shooting at 100 and 200 yards. It was about 34 degrees out with a 2-6mph full value crosswind. I had some SK Standard+ and Pistol Match. Neither are handpicked/ tested lots or anything.. just random stuff. We had a 5" plate @200. As far as vertical spread went, every round would have been an impact, which made the wind the determining factor. As long as it was steady, no problem keeping them all on the plate, but if you didn't notice that it had changed... Miss! I only shot a few groups at paper. Best being 5 rounds of Standard+ at .35" @50. This was all with numb fingers, too. Haha. I was having a hard time getting my elevation solid with the rear bags that I had with me. I don't usually shoot off of a bench. Mostly it's positional and prone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shooter1960655
tatman, that sounds like a very good lot. 13mm or less is typical of a custom rifle, so that is a very good lot for your Vudoo! I was there on 1/27/20. I shot 21.12mm with that lot. I found a better LCX lot (for my Anschutz 1903) that shot 16.66, 16.18, 14.78 (with a flyer), 14.96, Ave = 15.6mm. Better than two "control" lots I had of LCX and Eley Team. I plan to shoot this new lot on Friday, hoping for improved performance.

are those groups at 50 meters?

Does anyone here bother measuring rim thickness, or weighing individual rounds? If so which do you find more effective?

Not with this gun but my Sako Quad; I weight sorted a good shooting case of the old gold box sk standard+ and it made a very notable difference in vertical. It would outshoot any of the top ammo after sorting where before it would hang with them pretty well. Tenex, Midas+, RWS none of those would shoot as well. Tedious for sure but if you’re shooting to win, it can’t hurt.

Bought a Bravo chassis off a member here yesterday in preparation for a barreled action. Couldn't wait, called today and talked to Paul first who brought me up to speed in regards to the 22lr and moved over to Greg to order a 18" stainless Kukri w/ a 40 MOA rail and Huber 2 stage trigger at 1lb. and 1lb. With any luck, should be shooting by the end of the week.

Well I guess It was my lucky week. Bought a Bravo from a member here on Sunday, pulled the trigger on the Vudoo on Monday. Was shooting today. :geek:

I posted these pics in another thread because I was posting from my phone. I HATE using my phone for the internet. I much prefer my laptop. But anyway, got a call this morning from Mile High and was able to pack up and ship my Tikka, which sold before I could even list it, go down to Mile High to pick up the Vudoo and to the transfer, which took about 5 minutes (maybe the fastest ever for me) and installed the barreled action in the Bravo in their parking lot and then went to my range, which is only a few miles down the road from Mile High, and shot about 300 rounds through it. Some Center X and some SK Rifle that I won at a Match donated by Mile High. :geek:

Here's the rifle in the parking lot.
IMG_0797.jpeg

IMG_0798.jpeg

Wow, that is awesome. Looking. That's one of the best looking rifles on a Bravo stock that I've seen. Nice job. I bet it shoots as good as it looks

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Well I finally couldn’t take it any longer and decided I’m ordering a Vudoo. My gunsmith just became a dealer so I ordering it through him. Now I need to get my chassis and trigger ordered as well. Question for you guys. I have been told that Vudoo has a 12 rd magazine. Is that correct or do I just need to order some of the plus 2 extensions from MK?