• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

06C63DB7-5B61-4069-B832-CB2066DCD484.jpeg

100 yards with 5 to 7 mph wind. Shooting sk long range match. 10 shots. The high one was all me 🤦‍♂️

Definitely! Did you try additional groups with that setting?
Not really, the wind was really picking up. The bottom left target was the confirmation group after tightening the set screws. Then I proceeded to verify my dope for an upcoming match.

Not really, the wind was really picking up. The bottom left target was the confirmation group after tightening the set screws. Then I proceeded to verify my dope for an upcoming match.
I would like to see how it does at 100 and 150. Been thinking about getting one.

Awesome sauce!! Post pics!
Mostly buttoned up! Can't get enough height out of the Grayboe cheek piece so WeiBad to the rescue! Other than that I am pleased, tickled, and in awe of the Vudoo! Can't wait to send some rounds down range this weekend! Crappy photo on the kitchen counter...
Vudoo done.jpg

Mostly buttoned up! Can't get enough height out of the Grayboe cheek piece so WeiBad to the rescue! Other than that I am pleased, tickled, and in awe of the Vudoo! Can't wait to send some rounds down range this weekend! Crappy photo on the kitchen counter...
View attachment 7813823

I have the same problem with cheek risers. It must be our Blue Steel cheek bones.:cool:

iu.jpeg

So serious question from an overly paranoid Vudoo owner...
Would y'all move that back ring further back or let it eat? The front one has to say where it is for eye relief reasons but would the gurus of the rimfire realm move it or no? Thank you for the input and let the flaming begin! :LOL:

Would y'all move that back ring further back or let it eat? The front one has to say where it is for eye relief reasons but would the gurus of the rimfire realm move it or no? Thank you for the input and let the flaming begin! :LOL:
I would move the rear ring back as far as possible.

Curious, how tall are you? From the way it's setup with the scope as far forward as it is, seems like you're tall / have a very long neck.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Curious, how tall are you? From the way it's setup with the scope as far forward as it is, seems like you're tall / have a very long neck.
I'm 6 foot and do have a longish neck. I set up all my rifles for the prone position if that matters? And I'm sure my fundamentals are horrible! :LOL:

nikonNUT's eye piece looks about the same location as mine, I'm 6' 3", his might look farther forward though, because the main tube is shorter.

Any one piece mount (Spuhr, ARC, MPA, etc) is going to have the rings exactly where yours are.

Is anyone successfully using a 60 MOA base with a Poortex Strike Eagle? I have a little over 11 mils left below zero on a 1.5" height mount and 40 MOA base using a 50-yard zero with SK STD+.

Is anyone successfully using a 60 MOA base with a Poortex Strike Eagle? I have a little over 11 mils left below zero on a 1.5" height mount and 40 MOA base using a 50-yard zero with SK STD+.
I'm running a Cronus on a 40moa rail and have 7.6 mils under my zero stop, I should have enough to go to a 60moa rail, but haven't tried...yet.

ETA: I've got a 50 yard zero.

Spread
Spread rings. I think scope is far enough back.

Well gents, just wanted to offer a heartfelt thanks for the input and suggetions on ring location. Added about .5" to the LOP (finger is still at a solid 90 degrees and I can stab the mag release no problem) and reset the scope. Got sent home early (Sleeting to beat the band. Gotta love Febuary's in Arkansas) so I had daylight to look out the door to set everything up in a proper prone position. Much happier with where the rings sit and that I am farther away from the scopes "guts" Looks like the scopes center shifted back about one slot so pretty much the same location. One more lousy kitchen pic and I'll stop! :LOL: Time to zero and shoot groups!!!
Vudoo SU2.jpg

Last edited:
I followed a lot of the snipers hide training -
1. Positioning of the rifle is now more centerline with the body on the collar bone instead of the shoulder crease.
2. Height of rings as high as possible that your cheek riser will allow to prevent less tilting of the head.

Your rifle is looking great, go out and have some fun!

I followed a lot of the snipers hide training -
1. Positioning of the rifle is now more centerline with the body on the collar bone instead of the shoulder crease.
2. Height of rings as high as possible that your cheek riser will allow to prevent less tilting of the head.

Your rifle is looking great, go out and have some fun!
Thank you kindly @littlepod! That is good info to have , sir. I wish I could run higher rings but, sadly, all of the stocked rifles I have lack in check riser height. A chassis or a Manners TCC-PRS stock might be in the future and that might facilitate higher rings. I will give the colarbone thing a try! Thank you for the tips.

Last edited:
My buddy has a 60 moa rail and a strike eagle. He has about a half mil left over with SK rifle match. Cutting it a little close but it works.
Vudoo 360 with a 20” ace barrel.

Reactions: Tritiumdials
I just put in my order. The rifle is a Gen 3, RBLP, 20 inch Kukri barrel, Diamond Tech trigger, Foundation Genesis stock in dark distress color. The barreled action is burnt orange. Now the wait begins.

Thank you kindly @littlepod! That is good info to have , sir. I wish I could run higher rings but, sadly, none of the stocked rifles I have lack in check riser height. A chassis or a Manners TCC-PRS stock might be in the future and that might facilitate higher rings. I will give the colarbone thing a try! Thank you for the tips.
TCS wont work. Needs a different mag latch

The new Vudoo and XLR Envy Pro go together like peanut butter and jelly :)

274885567_10158043413437047_5004533737336145828_n.jpg

274933802_10158043413472047_4147094907320168685_n.jpg
That's a long way form the T1x. ;)

Edit: How much does it weigh and how do you like the SendIt level? I just picked one up in the PX and have only used it at the range breaking in brass and working up a load for my 6GT, so I'm just getting used to it. I like that I don't have to look at it to know if I'm level/out of level AND which direction. What sensitivity?

Reactions: littlepod
That's a long way form the T1x. ;)

Edit: How much does it weigh and how do you like the SendIt level? I just picked one up in the PX and have only used it at the range breaking in brass and working up a load for my 6GT, so I'm just getting used to it. I like that I don't have to look at it to know if I'm level/out of level AND which direction. What sensitivity?

It weighs 18lbs as pictured. Running 1 internal weight and the externals to get the wider footprint for the bags. You can drop a lot of weight if you remove all the extra weights, get you down into the 13.5lb range I think.

The send-it level just reduces the time and lets me get level really quickly. Pretty brain dead to use. Red means turn the right, and bLue means left. I didn't adjust any sensitivity settings so I'm not sure. I also can see the green light when I'm on support side the way mine is mounted so I can use it. Only downside is forgetting to turn it off and letting it bounce in the back of the car for an hour drive and then the battery is dead.

Nice rifle. Did you go with the 60 or 90 degree? I really want the new XLR C-6 buttstock. How do you like it?

I went with the 60 degree throw to match my Terminus Zeus.

Absolutely love the C6 buttstock. I think it's the nicest engineered one out of all the other ones I've used MPA and ACC. Thumb screws are captured and hold tight. No play in the cheek and LoP. And it's light at only 24oz!

The send-it level just reduces the time and lets me get level really quickly. Pretty brain dead to use. Red means turn the right, and bLue means left. I didn't adjust any sensitivity settings so I'm not sure. I also can see the green light when I'm on support side the way mine is mounted so I can use it. Only downside is forgetting to turn it off and letting it bounce in the back of the car for an hour drive and then the battery is dead.
I put a Send-iT on mine too, it's a cool gadget. I left it on the default settings too. Need to get some spare batteries to throw in my range bag.

@littlepod What's the minimum LOP on the C6 buttstock?
One reason I like the XLRs so much is the precise LOP adjustment, and the ability to go down to 12.5" ish +/-.
Looks like yours is at minimum? What the LOP from trigger curve to rear of butt pad if you don't mind?
And of course, the obligatory XLR/V22/ZCO pic :)

yxwjY8XbNhqLoiM33NQvH1rOppZ_krPQRmAhALn-S5KCMSCjdLSLfUMy8cgappk9ToP6PkoWbpWGi7nJ6Dk7Rq8LP30REv8Tgb65T6UiZyeaQG54ynk6uGa_VXrgX8hKsMXU3yycw5EVzhlV9ZLuPMd2OIs2rjqlW9iX3nNVPoVTQLAxtgUPYMXjP9L4nkCXQJ6CPvau6grL5SluyFYet8FmtauT8m7KCvTJrze67llG5qAJHAvc-7YC6BPwmJwUfm6BscvFgaYmLBNTD8YQ-pM7qoGhuWWiS3m7yDuGR8OBIFXHeqrLyiACA5u3WNBRuMMrfDBc6Uuhnct7hGJz8Fjig5fkHwyVCoqLgeVLt_5QIiWrR3aalE3sSU0jAetnOZbYo35TSOtQU3eKHi60OoItAiaPk6YvxzG9iuZBbghOwK95d_hPhckmpUjXIl-yKPRCxyYBM5q2q4bHbGExw7mAH88Z2DUgiCbUD1b_UilW2F8QgT_tGEHkirU7he3mBP14T9H69rp6_Ixlw29IOVinLOWNm47zY79xIxG72-ugAacIfuTRAdfznjwhefG3GT5k0qFth-sMT9mMmNBzhFSPfQs7MuMPk4_Rie4NjYJBfHDsmfle-o_JtkdEAaDIqCKxjwnWYQ-wCuJmeRWSVjE7NOXX7dO3KOAbYmnII3ONWM4qTWwqSHkAYQnnuygvl3q85HG2Hg2bCd-0dmCqeOqBYA=w469-h625-no

@littlepod What's the minimum LOP on the C6 buttstock?
One reason I like the XLRs so much is the precise LOP adjustment, and the ability to go down to 12.5" ish +/-.
Looks like yours is at minimum? What the LOP from trigger curve to rear of butt pad if you don't mind?
And of course, the obligatory XLR/V22/ZCO pic :)

You will want the shorter buttstock then if you are going to do 12.5" ish. I have the longer run that goes from 13.5" minimum to 14.5". The shorter one I believe goes from 12" to 13"

I personally am most comfortable at 13.3" so I'm in a little of a no man's land, but XLR will have a new thinner buttpad coming out that will drop 1/4" so that'll basically change the LoP from 13.25" to 14.25" or 11.75" to 12.75" so I'll be good once I can order in the new buttpad.

In the picture I am running at exactly 13.5" verified with a TT 2-stage flat shoe.

Reactions: StrayDog
Excellent, thank you, I may have to try the short LOP C6.
I swap the Pachmeyers off my MPAs to run on my XLRs, that thick squishy pad they ship with is a no-go...

Reactions: littlepod
Can someone confirm if I buy a voodoo will the mags work if I use a badger ordnance M5 bottom metal. Just making sure forgive me if it has been asked before

Can someone confirm if I buy a voodoo will the mags work if I use a badger ordnance M5 bottom metal. Just making sure forgive me if it has been asked before
Best double check that with the bottom metal in hand. When I tried two badger BDM's at MHSA, the vudoo mags I had literally fell right through them with no engagement of the mag release at. Went with Hawkins Precision M5 DBM instead as they retained the mags properly.

Keep in mind that Vudoo is on at least 3 generations of magazines at this point in early 2022. My last four mags (3rd gen+) are longer then the previous 7 (2nd gen) by about .012-.015" the Previous 1st gen mags I had prior to those were also longer. I need to measure the new ones and see what the dimensional differences are. This is kind of irritating as I had modified a Hawkins magwell to eliminate any rocking on a barricade stop and now the new 3rd mags will not fit in it

Best double check that with the bottom metal in hand. When I tried two badger BDM's at MHSA, the vudoo mags I had literally fell right through them with no engagement of the mag release at. Went with Hawkins Precision M5 DBM instead as they retained the mags properly.

Keep in mind that Vudoo is on at least 3 generations of magazines at this point in early 2022. My last four mags (3rd gen+) are longer then the previous 7 (2nd gen) by about .012-.015" the Previous 1st gen mags I had prior to those were also longer. I need to measure the new ones and see what the dimensional differences are. This is kind of irritating as I had modified a Hawkins magwell to eliminate any rocking on a barricade stop and now the new 3rd mags will not fit in it
@Tiger_Shilone

I am almost certainly "carrying coals to Newcastle" with this reply but just in case. I cured several of my Vudoo mag seating/feeding issues by replacing the default mag latch in the Hawkins Precision M5 DBM bottom metal with the Hawkins Precision M5 Long Magazine Latch. But it does not always work. In one case the magazine sat too high and the bolt would not cycle smoothly because it was in contact with the last several millimeters of the magazine follower.

As I posted before the tolerances for smooth feeding and bolt cycling are extremely small. If one were a machinist, one could use the Hawkins Precision M5 DBM with the Hawkins Long Magazine Latch and shorten the length of the latch if it were a few mils too long or machine a new latch that was a few mils longer than the Hawkins Long Latch if the long latch were too short. If one is not a machinist, as I am not, only can buy and try, hoping the tolerances interact constructively.

Last edited:
OK from what I have researched mags will fit but I might have to do so modifications to my bottom metal. Is filing the mag catch for proper lift real easy to do? Was kind of wanting the voodoo over the rimx. Now I'm leaning more towards a rimx due to the mags being adjustable. With the voodoo theirs a chance I might have to mod my bottom metal should that be a deal breaker? Right now that is my only concern on the voodoo. What problems are people experiencing with the rimx if any?

It's usually just a mag latch.. either some stock/chassis have an adjustable one or you ask for a longer one and file it down. I've never seen someone have to mod their bottom metal, just swap out the mag latch.

The concerns with Vudoo are primarily magazine related.
The concerns with RimX, I'd say are issues with light strikes and some prefit barrels having inconsistent chambering issues which a few companies have updated and gotten better now so that probably isn't too much of a concern especially if you go with a reputable smith.

Littlepod of the two in your opinion which is the one with the least problems. My plan is to buy a barreled action just have not made up my mind on which of the 2 I should get

Littlepod of the two in your opinion which is the one with the least problems. My plan is to buy a barreled action just have not made up my mind on which of the 2 I should get

If you are too lazy to pay attention when loading magazines, then I would say the Vudoo has more problems. If you are fine loading a magazine correctly, I've seen much more RimX issues that were more costly during a match. Stuck rounds/casings are horrendous to get out on a RimX.

I've seen people F up when using a Vudoo, but it's easy as dropping the mag and swapping and going. Costs you like 5s. RimX could basically cost you up to 30s or zeroing out the rest of the stage.