• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I know there's a billet L3I version in the works as well. I'm betting the vudoo gets launched this fall since they were working on it in the spring. I don't think the L3I billet mag will be here till after the PRS season.

How have the L3I mags been doing in the vudoo? I wouldn’t be opposed to testing one out

What do they offer for $69 versus $39 for a Vudoo mag?

14 is nice but never an issue with my Manners stocks and mags. Have to look at one of someone has one at a match.

Yeah I won't fix a problem if there isn't one lol. I had 11 vudoo mags and for some reason three of them presented the round at a different angle than the others so my adjustable chassis couldn't run them both. I ended up just selling the three and they run fantastic for someone else, it's always something weird lol

Anyone know which top sear is recommended for a BnA Tac Sport Pro 2 stage in a Vudoo 360?

Thanx for all the input guys. Preference can go either way but other than round count is there a particular reason why you prefer aluminum over plastic - or the opposite?

For my own purposes a 10 round mag is perfect. I usually shoot 5 round groups so 2 groups per mag. I have 15 so I can have 3 boxes of ammo - same or different to compare - loaded and ready. 150 rounds at a time on my backyard range works well.

Last edited:
Nope. As long as they feed I don't care what they are made out of. They could be wood. LOL The aluminum are heavier so if you wanted it to drop out faster from the mag well they would do it.

The higher capacity is for stages of fire at matches where you have 12 or 15 or even unlimited round count stages. If you are just doing casual shooting then it really doesn't matter the capacity.

The higher capacity is for stages of fire at matches where you have 12 or 15 or even unlimited round count stages. If you are just doing casual shooting then it really doesn't matter the capacity.
Yeah I was wondering about that. I am very new to the sport and there is not much if any of that sort of competition close by. I'm in NH - I guess there is some PRS/NRL22 stuff in Maine but I haven't gone looking yet.

Yeah I was wondering about that. I am very new to the sport and there is not much if any of that sort of competition close by. I'm in NH - I guess there is some PRS/NRL22 stuff in Maine but I haven't gone looking yet.

There is actually a lot of it up in New England. Look at the MARS series and also Minuteman Precision Rifle League. Granby down in MA has one on 8/14.

I ordered four 15-round aluminum magazines shortly after ordering my Vudoo last year.
One had a concrete bruise on one side of the loading port but ran okay a few days ago when I tried it.
Guess I need to try the other three. 🤷🏼‍♀️
It's kind of discouraging to hear Vudoo is making improved models but guess it's a good thing in the end.

It's kind of discouraging to hear Vudoo is making improved models but guess it's a good thing in the end.

Why? Manufacturers make changes to all sorts of products over the years. It's nothing to feel discouraged about.

Why? Manufacturers make changes to all sorts of products over the years. It's nothing to feel discouraged about.
I guess because it makes me wonder if there's a defect in the ones I have, Rob.
But you're correct in your statement; I'm too much on the negative and paranoid side of things. :)

I've still got three Gen 1 V22 repeaters, and they're still wonderful rifles - they shoot great, cycle smoothly, and are a joy to own. I bought a new Three-60 action last year, and finally got it barreled & put together this spring. Is it a better rifle than the Gen 1 rifles? I don't think so. There are sometimes when it doesn't cycle as smoothly as they do, and part of that may be due to having fewer than 1000rds through it so far. But the very 1st Gen 1 action that I barreled 5-6yrs ago will still shoot right with the new 360, since I put tuners on both of them. Now in the case of the 360, I do wonder if the newer version of that action with the revised bolt stop will turn out to be a better action, since there have been reports of a few 360s shearing the bolt stop off. But IIRC, there's information out stating that VGW did get a batch of bolt stops that weren't heat treated correctly? Whatever - now the bolt stop lever is at the 11:00 position of the 360 action, so I'm going to assume they made some major changes involved with moving the stop from 9:00 up to 11:00. But there's comfort in knowing for a fact that VGW's customer service is excellent, so if I do have an issue with the bolt stop, I know it'll be taken care of.

The first ones that were created definitely had issues but now it's definitely something to stand behind. I run two matches and a training class with mine using the final design and have had zero issues. That being said the fact that you can tune it can be a detriment to some people. If it's tuned wrong then it will never run correctly. Also, much like the vudoo magazines you have to be consistent in loading them or they will rim lock. If you already shoot a vudoo then loading isn't really an issue but going from a Bergara we've seen lots of guys pull down me assist button and just start dropping rounds in.

The first ones that were created definitely had issues but now it's definitely something to stand behind. I run two matches and a training class with mine using the final design and have had zero issues. That being said the fact that you can tune it can be a detriment to some people. If it's tuned wrong then it will never run correctly. Also, much like the vudoo magazines you have to be consistent in loading them or they will rim lock. If you already shoot a vudoo then loading isn't really an issue but going from a Bergara we've seen lots of guys pull down me assist button and just start dropping rounds in.

I don't know why they couldn't design it to avoid rimlock, like design it the way the RimX mags work. If someone could take a RimX mag and do the machine work to get the feed ramp compatible to a Vudoo, that'd make me very happy.

Reactions: Pomyluy
Just wanted to share my excitement. I finally have my V22 together (hand tight) after 8 months of waiting. Grayboe stock was the hold up, mixed with crossing into Canada… but she’s finally here.

5DB48903-FA37-4E03-9330-D5AA5678AD1C.jpeg
075ACAEE-2174-4017-91BE-8E24A7203910.jpeg
55651712-0E48-4922-9139-9BB492D9BD49.jpeg
B0EFE7B1-2CDE-4089-BF6D-9496D634F296.jpeg

There's actually a new one that will be designed using that concept but it's still a pretty long ways out. It was actually started as a Bergara mag, then I got a vudoo so we made it fit both, then Leon got a Rimx so we made it fit all three.

Reactions: Pomyluy
Just wanted to share my excitement. I finally have my V22 together (hand tight) after 8 months of waiting. Grayboe stock was the hold up, mixed with crossing into Canada… but she’s finally here.

View attachment 7922199View attachment 7922200View attachment 7922203View attachment 7922206
Congratulations! That’s a great looking rifle, I like the color scheme on your stock. I just received my Vudoo about two months ago and it was about an 8 month wait. Your going to love shooting this rifle! As far as the magazines go, at this point, I have not had many issues with them yet. I do take my time loading them and that seems to help quite a bit. I‘ve ordered some aluminum mags, so I‘m looking forward to seeing if there is a difference.

Reactions: quikcolin
Congratulations! That’s a great looking rifle, I like the color scheme on your stock. I just received my Vudoo about two months ago and it was about an 8 month wait. Your going to love shooting this rifle! As far as the magazines go, at this point, I have not had many issues with them yet. I do take my time loading them and that seems to help quite a bit. I‘ve ordered some aluminum mags, so I‘m looking forward to seeing if there is a difference.
Thanks for that.

I’ve watched a few videos of loading the mags, a little time and care seems to be a big help. I had 3 of the poly mags, I’m curious about the aluminum mags - are they supposed to do a better job?

The aluminum don't do any better but they feel better in hand, plus they give you the option of 15 rounds. We're getting ready to release our extensions in both polymer and billet. The billet is nice if you shoot on a slab and mags get dropped.

Reactions: Badjujuu
Thanks for that.

I’ve watched a few videos of loading the mags, a little time and care seems to be a big help. I had 3 of the poly mags, I’m curious about the aluminum mags - are they supposed to do a better job?
I’ve noticed if I take my time loading the magazine, I seem to have no issues with feeding. I’m not sure if the aluminum magazines will be better, but they should be better in terms of mag change outs due to their heavier weight. I ordered two of the aluminum mags and should get them this week. I’ll post something about them after I‘ve used them. Your going to love shooting your Vudoo. I was instantly hooked to mine after I shot it, and I’m so glad I invested in the Vudoo system.

Joined the Vudoo club.

When you’ve got a TT diamond 2 stage just sitting around and a good deal on a V22 18” Kukri pops up in the PX. This place is hard on the bank account haha. Thought I’d try a Bravo and swapped the MK5 off my SPR to get out and shoot it.

View attachment 7925163
Nice set up! Your going to love it! I guess I need to post a pic of my Vudoo.

They dont work for shit. I have them already.

You have to remove the loading button to get them to hold more, which I refuse to do.
I have mine set up to add just *one* extra round, and the loading button is still functional that way. Works/feeds perfectly. You only have to remove the load-assist button if you want *two* extra rounds.

On the metal (including 15 round) mags, Vudoo includes a note recommending you do NOT use the buttons, and puts a 3D printed loading gadget in the package.

Here shows my setup for the bench at matches that require 5 mags... my warmup/sighter mag as standard 10-rounds, my other four with the extension to hold one extra round in case of a mis-fire. Have never had a feed failure caused by the extensions.

Attachments

• MagTray1s.jpg
    MagTray1s.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 59
  • MagTray5s.jpg
    MagTray5s.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
On the metal (including 15 round) mags, Vudoo includes a note recommending you do NOT use the buttons, and puts a 3D printed loading gadget in the package.

Never heard that before. Have used the buttons on mine since I got it when they came out and no issues. Everyone I know that uses them use them that way also.

I hadn’t heard that either (prior to clip added in post #9634)nor did I receive the plastic loading tool. I was only speculating that they maybe rolled that out after the early releases of the metal mags?

Last edited:
As I said never heard it before. Not sure why that’s in there as the mag loads fine as is without tools.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
That note and the little loading gizmo came with the last couple of metal mags I bought.
I always thought the frustrating intermittent feed issues were because of the "rim lock" so I would use the little tool but turns out its other issues.

I used the plastic loader when I had to remove the pulldown tabs on my Poly mags when I was running the +2/3 extenders on them. Using the plastic loader is faster than doing it w/o the pulldown imo.

I just got back from the range this morning, and I tried out my new aluminum mags that I received from Vudoo a couple of weeks ago. My initial impression is the aluminum magazines are much easier to change due to their heavier weight, and I had new issues with feeding. I did take my time loading the magazine, and I’m convinced that taking your time loading both types of magazines solves many of the feeding issues and rimlock. However, I‘ve only had my Vudoo for about three months now, and I’ve yet to run it in a 22NRL Match. I‘m hoping the magazines will continue to perform in a match, however, I’ve heard and read there could be issues. I will report back after I shoot my first match with it.

Attachments

• 95980EB3-41DF-4391-BE28-ABA4B8228164.jpeg
    95980EB3-41DF-4391-BE28-ABA4B8228164.jpeg
    301.5 KB · Views: 99
  • BC8176BC-7707-4643-9C68-71B4CF74BD33.jpeg
    BC8176BC-7707-4643-9C68-71B4CF74BD33.jpeg
    304.9 KB · Views: 108