• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Anyone else having feeding issues? I have 2 plastic 10 rounders and a metal 15er and they all seem to jam up at the randomest times. I lost a match a few weeks ago due to mag issues on 2 stages.

Foundation with OTM bottom metal. 22"

I am really starting to get irritated, Lost ALOT of points the last few months due to magazine /feeding issues.

Any idea or help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sounda like you're hitting the trifecta:

Magazine height in magwel
Pushing mag into the bag
Rimlock

I have a v22 in a foundation with Hawkins dBm. Had to get taller mag latch so magazine sits higher, I don't load the magazine into the bag, but there are options out there where you can attach a mag block to a ARCA rail....I pay attention to how I load the ammo thus preventing rimlock. It solved most if not all my issues.

I mainly run aluminum magazines. Lately I've been running L3i design magazine and been it's pretty good.

@DeathBeforeDismount I was having some feeding problems on my Gen 2. Then I saw a rifle(I think it was @Littlepods) and it had the grayops bag stop. I put it on and I don't have issues anymore.

Sounda like you're hitting the trifecta:

Magazine height in magwel
Pushing mag into the bag
Rimlock

I have a v22 in a foundation with Hawkins dBm. Had to get taller mag latch so magazine sits higher, I don't load the magazine into the bag, but there are options out there where you can attach a mag block to a ARCA rail....I pay attention to how I load the ammo thus preventing rimlock. It solved most if not all my issues.

I mainly run aluminum magazines. Lately I've been running L3i design magazine and been it's pretty good.
I may have to give them a try. I am pretty cautious about how I load so each round sits correctly in the stack. Just cant figure out the intermittent feeding issues.

I may have to give them a try. I am pretty cautious about how I load so each round sits correctly in the stack. Just cant figure out the intermittent feeding issues.
If the 3 things I mentioned above are not a issue for you, then it's just running the bolt on the clock. I jam up, even on my Matrix Pro and Foundation if I don't pay attention how I run the bolt on the clock.

Anyone else having feeding issues? I have 2 plastic 10 rounders and a metal 15er and they all seem to jam up at the randomest times.
If you have more than 1/8 - 3/16" of vertical play in a magazine, the result will be exactly as you describe. I went through this when I got my Vudoo almost four years ago. The fix for me was installing one of the first MPA adjustable magazine latches (now standard on the BA Comp chassis).

Close the bolt, insert a magazine, put a thumb or finger on the back quarter of it, and push straight up. More than 1/16" of play is too much.

Anyone else having feeding issues? I have 2 plastic 10 rounders and a metal 15er and they all seem to jam up at the randomest times. I lost a match a few weeks ago due to mag issues on 2 stages.

Foundation with OTM bottom metal. 22"

I am really starting to get irritated, Lost ALOT of points the last few months due to magazine /feeding issues.

Any idea or help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Go Vudoo bottom metal. They fit much tighter and better in the magwell area.

Couple videos I’ve made. One shooting lapua, second more focused on getting Eley to feed.

Just curious, why do you have your DOPE card and Send-iT on your shooting eye side? I have both of my on my off eye side...same side you have yours on, but I don't shoot wrong handed.

Just curious, why do you have your DOPE card and Send-iT on your shooting eye side? I have both of my on my off eye side...same side you have yours on, but I don't shoot wrong handed.
I’ve always ran my dope card on the left side to keep the right side clear so I can see down range with my weak eye. It also stays out of the way when I put my weak hand up on the scope. The send it level only mounts on the left side of the Spuhr with the vertical mount and when I bought it I thought I’d have to flip the mount around. After mounting it I can see it perfectly fine while behind the scope and prefer it on the left side for the same reasons as the dope card. Maybe it’s just my backwards ass conforming to the world like always.

I’ve always ran my dope card on the left side to keep the right side clear so I can see down range with my weak eye. It also stays out of the way when I put my weak hand up on the scope. The send it level only mounts on the left side of the Spuhr with the vertical mount and when I bought it I thought I’d have to flip the mount around. After mounting it I can see it perfectly fine while behind the scope and prefer it on the left side for the same reasons as the dope card. Maybe it’s just my backwards ass conforming to the world like always.
I got a different version of the Send-iT, well the mount anyway. I could mount it on either side vertical. I shoot with both eyes open, can't see out of one and blind in the other, so it works well for me the way I have it. 😎

Just placed my order yesterday. JoAnn was so kind and through combing through every fine point with me while I asked (dumb) questions. Very excited to get behind the rifle in a couple months.

…Now if I could just find a place to stock up on quality ammo.

Any links for deals on proven ammo for these ?

Send your rifle in and you can buy a case of 5000 rounds :)

• Love
Reactions: BurtG

I happen to live within 90 minutes of their Ohio location and booked an appointment. Thanks!

Reactions: CBeck and Panther
I happen to live within 90 minutes of their Ohio location and booked an appointment. Thanks!
Dusty: Just an FYI… Vudoo suggests that you have your rifle well broken-in (they say 1000 rounds but many people will use 500 as that minimum) before you let Lapua do their ammo lot testing on it. You’ll get better long-term consistent performance from that lot of ammo you end up picking.

Dusty: Just an FYI… Vudoo suggests that you have your rifle well broken-in (they say 1000 rounds but many people will use 500 as that minimum) before you let Lapua do their ammo lot testing on it.

Thank you for the notice and recommendation. It looks like their Ohio facility is booked out 4+ months and my build ETA is 2/14/23. Should everything go to plan, I will make it a priority to get a brick or two down the tube prior to testing.

Reactions: CBeck

Thanks I almost forgot about that. The 4 month lead time fits my schedule perfect don’t have any free time from march1 to august anyway

Below are a list of websites I use for ammo, I check them periodically to see what's available along with pricing..

Any links for deals on proven ammo for these ?
SK or Lapua since they have chambers cut for it. Mind shoots really good with SK plus and SK Rifle match. Good enough that Im not missing any plates due to the ammo.

If you do the season method, i would stick with the same brand so you are using the same lead and lube to foul the barrel.

E906DB2A-8D56-4137-9345-A4694F4F423A.jpeg

Just got one used from a forum member. These are at 50 yards. Circled ones are from sighting in. This gun is incredible in my opinion.

I'm not surprised that your 'new-to-you' V22 would shoot that good, especially with a Bartlein bbl. What's really nice is that you have a lot# of SK Rifle Match that shoots that well in your rifle. SK RM can be very good ammo, but when I was lot testing it back in 2016 in my precision repeaters, I tested over a dozen lots of it before finding one that shot good enough to buy in quantity - and then I bought two cases of it. Same goes for Lapua Center-X, and it took testing at least a dozen lots of it before finding a really excellent lot - and then, by the time I'd finally gotten some decent weather to test in, and the time to do the testing, that really good lot of Center-X was sold-out, and I was never able to find a supplier who had more of it in stock.

I received a case of Rifle Match the Wednesday before Christmas, and have only had a period of a few minutes before another cold front blew in a few days ago to shoot a few groups of it out of the only V22 I've got with a Bartlein - and it put some impressive groups on paper at 50yds. Soon as I get a day with good condiditons to shoot it through two of my V22s with tuners on Krieger barrels, I'll find out how consistent it is.

Wow they really hate CCI SV almost 2 Moa at 63 yards. And really hares Aguila match. 2.6 Moa lol

Hard to hit a 1/4 " kyl at 50 yards without shooting half moa.

Just need a 1 moa at 50 yards to hit the 1/4" KYL. Bullet size is .22, so .25 + .22, you have .47" of area to shoot in to at least graze it.

If you can stack 20 rounds at .4" at 50 yards, then yeh pretty confident in that KYL.

@jbell , I’m sorry but I was cutting up. I said that because I suck at math and was just saying that I got lost at the first sign of math.

A Vudoo won't make you a better shooter, but better equipment never hurts either. ;)
I would agree with one exception. As long as you know that there is no fault in the rifle and if you miss or get a really bad flyer; then you know it's you and not the rifle.

In other words, an accurate rifle will aid a shooter in analyzing their errors. That, in turn, will help them become a better shooter.

I truly believe that if Vudoo had these magazines in the beginning, YouTubers like X-Ring, IY6C, and others would have never switched to RimX.

Heck, I was so worried about Vudoo's current magazines, I came within a hair of going with a RimX myself because I thought their magazine was much superior.

I will definitely be getting a few of the new versions but have a feeling it will be a very long wait.
Would not surprise me if it takes all year, unfortunately. :(