• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Visited VGW this morning and had a great time talking to Paul and some of the staff there. Super friendly people and awesome to get a quick tour of the shop. I even got to play with their new 1911 and double stack 1911. I already have quite a few 1911 and 2011’s or I’d be seriously tempted. Those are sweet pistols.

My main reason for going there was to compare the V22 and Three-60 side by side, and you guys who said it really only came down to ergos are right. Paul showed me all the ins and outs of the bolt internal workings and we talked about their bolt stop. Essentially they did a small redesign for the Gen 2/3 with a more robust button and said they have not had any customer complaints with the new redesign.

We also talked barrel options, ranging from their 22” MTU/Kukri to the 22-24” no taper Bartlein barrels they are now offering.

I placed an order for a V-22 barreled-action with the 22” no taper bbl (easier to balance it out), and asked them to include a TT 2-stage to mimic my centerfire rifle. Looking at approx 30-days to my FFL.

As far as mags go, they told me the polymer 10-rnd mags will be standard with any new order, and the new mags shown at SHOT are still a little ways out but will be a special order by Q2. So I got 2 polymer 10-rnd mags for now and hope to pick up a couple of the new ones when they are released.

Highly recommend stopping by if you’re in St. George. Call or email ahead of time.

Ok guys, I’ve followed this thread from day one. The wealth of knowledge here on all the in’s and out’s of not just Vudoo’s but rimfire in general is next level. I have learned more from this thread than every other thread I follow combined. That being said I need a little help. I’m ate up with the 22 bug and have tinkered with several different rifles until I bit the bullet and bought a Vudoo. My current rig is a V22 with a trigger tech diamond and an 18” MTU, sitting in a Bravo chassis with a Athlon Ares ETR in a Spuhr. When I built the rifle I went with an 18” (finished out about 17.25”) barrel because I thought I would shoot with a can 90% of the time. I find myself shooting mostly without the can now. I have decided I want a longer barrel (22” MTU?) for a little better balance and maybe a little better accuracy, although it shoots pretty dang good right now. My current barreled action has just a hair over 9,000 rounds down the tube and I honestly don’t know if it’s a gen 1, 1.2, or gen 2. Serial number is very low 2700’s. With all that being said, I am looking at a mueller works 22” mtu or Shilen ratchet R0 finished at 22”. I’ll probably run a tuner as well. My question: am I thinking right to rebarrel this action or should I sell it and just start over with a new barreled action? Are the newer generations that much better? Should I thread for the suppressor and run an adapter or just thread for the tuner? My current action is as smooth as butter and has never had any feeding issues. I also have plenty of other .22’s to shoot with the can. I mainly just shoot for fun out to 500 yards. I prefer Lapua center x but as you all know I’m shooting whatever Lapua or SK I can find. I’m also pretty sure no matter what I do there is probably a trip to the Lapua testing center in the future. I would love to hear some of your suggestions and recommendations. I appreciate all the lessons I’ve learned from reading the past 202 pages of the Vudoo thread. Thanks in advance.

For $500 VGW will rebarrel your current action to whatever length and contour you want. If you have the older Gen bolt stop I believe they will re-cut it to accept the newer (larger) bolt stop. Give them a shout I’m sure they can tell you what Gen you have and what your options are.

Agreed, I would put a new barrel on your existing action. Then after verifying your new barrel does what you wanted have your old barrel either re-contoured to a much lighter contour or have it heavily fluted to make it as light as possible. Buy an action wrench and a barrel vise to have a heavy rifle and a walking around rifle…

Yup you can send your rifle back to Vudoo. I will be doing it with my original Vudoo, serial number 10, in a couple months. Want to change the length and contour and get a fresh barrel on there.

Reactions: ECK and BB3
The last few barrels I've done for my Vudoos were: a 23" Krieger; 25" Shilen R0; 25" Benchmark R5 - none of which were threaded . I've got both Pro-X & Harrells tuners on them, and have no intention of ever threading any of them to use my suppressors. If I want to shoot suppressed, I still have a V22 sporter that I put a 22" Krieger #4 sporter on, as well as a couple of CZ457s that I re-barreled with Shilen ratchets that are threaded. I used to shoot PRS/22NRL type matches suppressed, but don't do it anymore, as the accuracy I'm seeing with a tuner is considerably better than with a suppressor mounted.

As far as barrel length goes, I've always felt the 22" bbls I started wiht give better balance & accuracy - as well as being quieter with std vel ammo than shorter barrels.

Reactions: MPrimo and BB3
Yeah I concur on the 22" length. Got my latest this past year with a 22" MTU and it's very accurate and sits nice on a barricade. Also heavier than my previous 18" Kukri so that helps it settle also. My 18" Kukri is the one I will be rebarreling in the next couple months.

Reactions: MPrimo and BB3
So I am FAR from an expert but at the matches I shoot there are us mere mortals and then what I call the "supershooters". Most of them are running 1.25" straight blanks in the 24" to 27" range that are threaded specifically for a tuner. These are the same guys ditching their TTs for other triggers because the timing is leaving accuracy on the table 🤷‍♂️ . Not hating BTW they are at another level and shoot like it! I am a barely middle of the pack shooter and I promise you my barrel length, trigger, scope, et al are not the weak link. I am the weak link.

P.S. Running 20" MTUs on both my Vudoos and couldn't be happier. Well, almost... I can't quite get the balance where I want it and I think the extra 2" of MTU proflie would hit my supposed sweet spot but it's a very minor gripe and on the clock I forget all about it!

Reactions: BB3 and Cowpokey
So I am FAR from an expert but at the matches I shoot there are us mere mortals and then what I call the "supershooters". Most of them are running 1.25" straight blanks in the 24" to 27" range that are threaded specifically for a tuner. These are the same guys ditching their TTs for other triggers because the timing is leaving accuracy on the table 🤷‍♂️ . Full disclosure I am a barely middle of the pack shooter and I promise you my barrel length, trigger, scope, et al are not the weak link. I am the weak link.
P.S. Running 20" MTUs on both my Vudoos and couldn't be happier. Well, almost... I can't quite get the balance where I want it and I think the extra 2" of MTU proflie would hit my supposed sweet spot but it's a very minor gripe and on the clock I forget all about it!

Justin Carbone runs a pretty light 14lb anschutz. Paul Dallin runs a 15lb Vudoo with an 18" kukri.

I do agree that the heavier the rifle (and balance) does help game stability.

The super shooters are great wind readers which separates them.

Justin Carbone runs a pretty light 14lb anschutz. Paul Dallin runs a 15lb Vudoo with an 18" kukri.

I do agree that the heavier the rifle (and balance) does help game stability.

The super shooters are great wind readers which separates them.
100% agree! The fella that won the match last week beat second by 11 points and stated (in a non bragging way) that he could have won the match with any rifle there. That speaks to his ability, not only to read wind, but to move and shoot so smoothly, that he looked slow but would consistenly finish a stage with 30 seconds to spare.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowpokey and J-Ham
I did build a 19 lb rifle that is perfectly balanced. I plopped it onto a barricade and it didn't move. It felt like I was cheating. Didn't help with the wind calls though. Cleaned all the stages with no wind and struggled on the ones when the wind kicked up.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I did build a 19 lb rifle that is perfectly balanced. I plopped it onto a barricade and it didn't move. It felt like I was cheating. Didn't help with the wind calls though. Cleaned all the stages with no wind and struggled on the ones when the wind kicked up.
Yeah the wind reading part is a difficult piece of the puzzle for me as well. I’ve been forcing myself to shoot on those windy days I would typically pass on. I am fortunate in the fact that I am able to shoot long range (out to 500) at various angles so I can get wind from different angles on the same day of shooting. It amazes me how much just a slight shift in the wind can change your wind call drastically with a .22 at longer ranges.

So I am FAR from an expert but at the matches I shoot there are us mere mortals and then what I call the "supershooters". Most of them are running 1.25" straight blanks in the 24" to 27" range that are threaded specifically for a tuner. These are the same guys ditching their TTs for other triggers because the timing is leaving accuracy on the table 🤷‍♂️ . Not hating BTW they are at another level and shoot like it! I am a barely middle of the pack shooter and I promise you my barrel length, trigger, scope, et al are not the weak link. I am the weak link.

Yeah I’m far from worrying about the timing on my TT diamond!

What's the issue with the Trigger Tech's timing and what are they being replaced with? I also 'heard', from one guy in Minnesota iirc, that the "good" shooters are going to 1:15 or 1:14 twist barrels from some barrel maker I've never heard of. Am I just out of the loop? My response was that you'd be better off working on fundamentals and not chasing the latest greatest equipment. But what do I know. 🤷‍♂️

What's the issue with the Trigger Tech's timing and what are they being replaced with? I also 'heard', from one guy in Minnesota iirc, that the "good" shooters are going to 1:15 or 1:14 twist barrels from some barrel maker I've never heard of. Am I just out of the loop? My response was that you'd be better off working on fundamentals and not chasing the latest greatest equipment. But what do I know. 🤷‍♂️
Yes a 15 twist might tighten up your 300yd groups by 20% or so. But no one is going to make a match where the vertical height of a 300 yd target is 4".

People who are passionate about this sport will always chase perfection but that's not what is really separating the first place and second place shooter.

I have bought 3 different Vudoo barrels of different contours and twists to chase small groups that are literally meaningless in matches. But it is fun to do it...

I know not. There is a thread on the hide about swapping a TT for a Bix 'n Andy becuase accuracy was being left on the table. When I asked about it at the match I shot with him he said it had to do with timing? I've never studied the issue. Timing? I pull (er, press) the trigger and a very short time later the rifle goes bang! Not busting him out BTW he is good. VERY good.

Reactions: BB3
It seems EVERYONE was dropping Bix 'n Andy triggers for TTs two years ago. Feels like the when everyone stopped wearing 501s and decided baggy jeans were better, then skinny jeans a few years after that.

I can't be bothered figuring out the 4 adjustment screws on the Bix. I bought one and said nope and stuck my TT back in.
Are you running single stage or two stage TTD? As much as I like the two stage triggers in my Anschutz rifles, I have single stage in everything else.

FWIW (not much) I have TT 2-stage diamonds in every rifle I own (5 total) sans a Tri-Arc (soon to be fixed!), a Savage and a CZ. Love them!

Reactions: SourMash
I have only had my hands on 1 B@A that was set up on a gun by pretty reputable gunsmith (built the whole gun) and I hated everything about that trigger..Could have been just a me thing because I sold it to a buddy and he doesn't see anything wrong with it. The TT just feels clean, crisp to me over the BA..personal choice though.

My wind strategy goes something like this, Lord that are in Heaven, can you please make the wind stop for me, and not so much for other people?

Last edited:
received_585952123437385.jpeg

Put my 22" kukri v3-60 in the new Aero precision 17" Solus chassis.
Update - I did try feeding dummy rounds and feeding was 100% reliable in the 20 rounds I tested. I really wanted a chassis with an adjustable mag catch to fine-tune the feeding for the 22 round. I was set to order an XLR but the 6 Plus month wait scared me off from XLR. When I saw Aero released these with an adjustable mag catch I put an order in the same day. Turns out the factory settings works fine without any adjustments needed.

Last edited:
How you like those Apex scopes?

Also what is the length and diameter of that straight barrel in the Manners?
I love them! The reticle is phenomenal, lots of elevation, glass is excellent and they track incredibly.

Both barrels are IBI’s 1:12’s finished at 22”. Ones threaded 5/8x24 running a spearhead tuner and the other is straight 1.1” with a 11* crown

Reactions: Rob01
Can anybody tell me the overall length of a 20" bbl vudoo in an MPA BA chassis? I'm trying to figure out if it will fit in my iM3200 case.

Trying to figure out my scope height for strelok and was wondering if anyone knows what the bolt diameter for the 360 is? or measurements between the center of the bore to the 40 moa rail is? Dont have a measuring tape at this time.

Have a 1.5" one piece scope mount if that helps.

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me the overall length of a 20" bbl vudoo in an MPA BA chassis? I'm trying to figure out if it will fit in my iM3200 case.
I can measure when I get home. I can tell you I have a iM3300 and I have at least 4” on both sides.

That would be great, thanks
So with a 20" MTU and running an EC Tuner V1 on a 1/2-28 adapter (probably adds an inch) I am at 40.5" long. If I remember correctly I have the butt pad about 3 or 4 clicks out. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Glasshole
Trying to figure out my scope height for strelok and was wondering if anyone knows what the bolt diameter for the 360 is? or measurements between the center of the bore to the 40 moa rail is? Dont have a measuring tape at this time.

Have a 1.5" one piece scope mount if that helps.
I have a 40 rail and a 1.5” Spurh and my measurement is 2.375 in my kestrel. From watching a kestrel video they said as long as your with in a 1/4” your fine on that..but mine is dead nuts 2.375

Reactions: Tankhunna
As usual, another nice rig to add to your collection, Gilbert.

I have to ask...Where's the big dog??? That one on the left doesn't look familiar!

Allan.

I’m not a great shot like most of you guys on here but I wanted to post this picture of a 5 shot group that I shot today. Chasing groups on paper is aggravating! 4 shots in one hole and then I pulled the last shot. Shot off of a bench of course
Gen 2
22” MTU
ZCO 527
TT Diamond
4800 rounds after today

Attachments

• A581922D-E01E-4B50-B273-E2A209ED0DC1.jpeg
    A581922D-E01E-4B50-B273-E2A209ED0DC1.jpeg
    454.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 03D3F156-77A9-4DF3-A0BA-C59FB26ACBFE.jpeg
    03D3F156-77A9-4DF3-A0BA-C59FB26ACBFE.jpeg
    457.7 KB · Views: 157
Allan: This is my daughter's german sheppard. The Bull Mastiff must have been asleep somewhere else in the house - lol.
Gilbert