• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I didn't know folks were using CCI Std Vel with Vudoos, but I can see you're not the only one. So, I've just added a bullet lifter box for CCI to my Vudoo 3D Parts listing for those that hate the way that top clear tray handles the cartridges so poorly once you take it out of the CCI box.
My daughter 3D printed a CCI lifter box for me on her resin printer, not quite as pretty as yours, but it works well.

Reactions: Panther
Per earlier discussions, I went back out to the range and this time took a portable target frame to set up as close to the ground as possible. I shot from the prone position the entire time and got much better groups. Albeit there was still some vertical stringing. That could be me as the bipod kept sliding on the concrete. I will be placing an order for some spiked feet. This is a ten shot group from 50 yards.

IMG_3872.jpeg
IMG_3859.jpg

Per earlier discussions, I went back out to the range and this time took a portable target frame to set up as close to the ground as possible. I shot from the prone position the entire time and got much better groups. Albeit there was still some vertical stringing. That could be me as the bipod kept sliding on the concrete. I will be placing an order for some spiked feet. This is a ten shot group from 50 yards.

View attachment 8083916View attachment 8083917
Also have a Whiskey-3 on my Vudoo - love it!
Have you shot any groups without the can?

Also have a Whiskey-3 on my Vudoo - love it!
Have you shot any groups without the can?
Not yet. I’m attached to the suppressor like a baby to his pacifier.

The group in the previous post, 10,161, was shot with the can attached.

I was getting a better shot to hit ratio yesterday with playing cards and matchsticks as targets.

All that was done in a comfortable prone position.

Hope they didn't cut into Center-X production in order to make runs of that new LR stuff...
Dennis,
I have been searching for well over two months, and that thought has be ever present. I have seen the two new ones at almost every site.

regards,
pete

Hope they didn't cut into Center-X production in order to make runs of that new LR stuff...

There is a lot of speculation that it's the same ammo just sorted differently, like Center-X vs Midas+. The LR is just the same Center-X/Midas+ stuff but culled and relabeled when on the higher velocity side.

There is a lot of speculation that it's the same ammo just sorted differently, like Center-X vs Midas+. The LR is just the same Center-X/Midas+ stuff but culled and relabeled when on the higher velocity side.

That is not correct.

LR is a different formula, not just the "faster" Center-X Midas.

It will cut into the production line for CX, but they're hoping to ramp up machines so it won't affect overall production numbers much.

I visited Capstone and asked.

AMWts8DDLYdWCnkRFqmvdjRF8X25-s5J6lNO81-fu3sKIk2A1HAHApXv_XnwyK_dCkcOK9g1rzmCS4fn2F17CgTMKIxp1dc9KOUSnhfvjrYnHp1iA4RJ-qn9fRXsZ2ntxuRLJTTMcsncVbDoXixpaUuNOmPBRnfs37OpcOi12ONnmPS0ImWv-L47vZBiL_7jqJRM4LtRythMY2IWj1WINL6URoIdKtw0AWQzR8zgamBNxp6jrJA34oIFiBLup2Hsg1Ao801OTbRM5nrBKzIavmzJV1dQRZ4DPigL3MS6FO4YlGIQMBoyQEAAjThHQrB_2-dF4eH5OVo6RZAHNcC9VuTPMDLBHla8iC4fGpF_6mX3AQpQzri2t3aNGmbT_jNjh5fNbz4P4yirLJTssqzkbro1ukTohZz_EcoT16ixS_J6S6_CpKlP5WYko7-gkIXZy5S72GGvSmIHMtTiglvXIm5vE27IZX7WutRcJC9auNMLnVfUR4aw-IbydZSq2QLpRxzHwZC2R-a7ekB-Kc8996QWVlo6kJnC680i9VKltNfbR0bhJAVVsobDY5GwflDf2oVDUUVebxGHnSIwj8mfXB1ZKKnAbzcROEOjb8pYAleesJ_kwann9Is3QiCajbNmlaDoLZTW2l5-h16Ydcg5uz4lChZBc9cTVS9xIrO-00ZMFHChOL-sb1UfYyi-v22CMDLtp6WuzPx7DNd8_S9_sSFtl78YyeXRAoTQ7Yk4dXWE-QLMJ7U87ToXjZETLyryP63-kb_ExpDLM4ftPavnY0W0vXiIGmlBxby2t-lzabhDTgEyrimPM5ktEekMU9tDEPxA8Nfjjo2L624uND0BeQQVJfBSM_mDl_4MM_W52SQlRa_qlrM8pateYxvhTrdCbfqg9DvzAHmQwMEZ4nt20cQltbQ=w1494-h1984-s-no

Though plausible, still is numbingly irritating that one can not find Center X at ANY of the dealers. Seriously curious, and annoying.
regards,
Yes, it is irritating, but I suppose it's to be expected, with all the chatter on ammo preferences online. Just a few years ago - in 2016 - before all the Vudoo, Zermatt, & other precision 22RF rifles became available, and NRL22 & other competitions got going, it was pretty easy to find Center-X. Which was good, because I'd lot tested over a dozen lots of it before finding one that was worth buying in case quantity. And that was only possible because the demand for Center-X was much lower than it is today, so most of the ammo suppliers I was using back then normally had sufficient quantities of at least a half-dozen lots to test, and didn't mind selling a couple of boxes of each lot they had for testing purposes. I'm not complaining about more shooters getting into 22RF shooting - as far as I'm concerned, it's great that so many folks in the country have gotten into this part of the shooting sports. I just think it's disappointing that ammunition manufacturers haven't done a better job of keeping up with the demand for quality match ammo.

Hopefully posting in the correct area.

Does anyone know the range of serial numbers for each generation of V-22? The only thing I could find and still not certain if, is I read that prior to 3200 is either a gen 1 or 1.2, and after is either a 2 or 3. Purchased a barreled action, was told it is a gen 1, but serial number is VGW 4775 (in front of ejection port… or am I reading the wrong number altogether?).

Also read if you have a earlier version, you can (or maybe used to) have it upgraded for a $100 charge somehow? Assuming this involves sending it to Vudoo, if it’s even a thing anymore/ever was.

Will email Vudoo if needed but figured they were closed on the weekend and would try here first.

Thanks!

Anyone have both the 2 lug and the 3 lug action? besides the bolt throw what if any pros or cons between the two.

Hopefully posting in the correct area.

Does anyone know the range of serial numbers for each generation of V-22? The only thing I could find and still not certain if, is I read that prior to 3200 is either a gen 1 or 1.2, and after is either a 2 or 3. Purchased a barreled action, was told it is a gen 1, but serial number is VGW 4775 (in front of ejection port… or am I reading the wrong number altogether?).

Also read if you have a earlier version, you can (or maybe used to) have it upgraded for a $100 charge somehow? Assuming this involves sending it to Vudoo, if it’s even a thing anymore/ever was.

Will email Vudoo if needed but figured they were closed on the weekend and would try here first.

Thanks!

I think you will find your questions answered here.

I have three Gen 1 repeaters that I've got a lot more experience with than the Gen 3 Three-60 repeater & a couple of V22S single shots. Since the majority of my CF rifles are built on 2-lug actions, and I'd shot the Gen 1 V22s since 2017, I was feeling awkward with the Three-60 because of the much lower bolt lift. However, one gets used to the lower bolt lift rather quickly, even while shooting it during a match with time limits. While I'm not about to sell-off my older Gen 1 repeaters, I am learning to be more at-ease when shooting the Three-60, and I'm not having ejection issues that some complained about, even without the modification to cut the 3rd lug to allow the bolt to move farther to the rear for enhanced ejection. The 2nd V22S action that I bought to build a smallbore prone rifle around has that lug cut done, and I don't notice it working any better than either the 360 repeater or the original V22S - perhaps because I learned to operate the bolts of the first two rifles with a little extra vigor?
Whatever - I've found it easy to like shooting the 360, but I don't know which way I'd go if I had to sell-off all but one of my repeaters. I really like both 2-lug & 3-lug actions...

Anyone have both the 2 lug and the 3 lug action? besides the bolt throw what if any pros or cons between the two.

Just bolt throw. I have always used 90 degree centerfires and when I started with my Vudoo in 2017 I used the Gen 1 and when I got my newest one this past year I got a Gen 2 as I like a 90 degree bolt throw. Either will work. Just get what you like.

There's only two generations. 1 and 2. The 360 and single feed are just different models/options as gen 2 is still being produced. IF I was buying new today, I'd look for a gen 2.

Reactions: Trent A
I ordered a 360 and a few days ago and wondering if I should of ordered the 2 lug.

I ordered a 360 and a few days ago and wondering if I should of ordered the 2 lug.
I don’t have any experience with the two lug rifle but am more than pleased with my 360. There’s no regrets and I’m in love with my 360!

I'm sure either would have suited you just fine. My wife has a 2 lug because she has used 90 degree 700 foot print rifles for decades. I have a 360 because these days I shoot mainly rim fire - Anschutz, Weihrauch, Walther, Lithgow etc - All these similiar to the 360 bolt lift angle. We swap rifles regularly - No difference in performance or practical accuracy.

Just curious if anyone has shot Wolf Match Extra out of their Vudoo and how did it perform?

Just curious if anyone has shot Wolf Match Extra out of their Vudoo and how did it perform?
I think I posted way back.

I had 2 lots of wolf extra march

It shot ridiculous at 100 for 7/8 of 10

By ridiculous, I mean prob the best groups I’ve ever seen in person

But 2-3 out of the ten..1” out

When it shot good it was crazy but velocity and a “flyer” made me relegate 2 bricks or each to the kids and play ammo.

1678886186198.jpeg

New to the forum, figured this would be as good a place as any to start posting. Got my Vudoo Carbon sinister recently. Still breaking it in and figuring out what ammo shoots the best out of it but if there was any questions of how they shoot… I can say they shoot better than me.

Carbon Sinister
V22T 360
Mesa Precision Altitude stock
18” Bartlein barrel (can incoming)
Trigger tech Diamond
PST G2 5-25
ARC rings

First 50 shots - 5 shot group 50 yards - center x
1678886547298.jpeg

About 500 rounds thru it - 50 yards (1/2 squares on the target)

1678886660942.jpeg

100 yards

1678886738609.jpeg

200 yards around 700 rounds thru it (a bit windy and an average shooter, it can do better than this)
1678886870690.jpeg

1678886912331.jpeg

View attachment 8096939
New to the forum, figured this would be as good a place as any to start posting. Got my Vudoo Carbon sinister recently. Still breaking it in and figuring out what ammo shoots the best out of it but if there was any questions of how they shoot… I can say they shoot better than me.

Carbon Sinister
V22T 360
Mesa Precision Altitude stock
18” Bartlein barrel (can incoming)
Trigger tech Diamond
PST G2 5-25
ARC rings

First 50 shots - 5 shot group 50 yards - center x
View attachment 8096941

About 500 rounds thru it - 50 yards (1/2 squares on the target)

View attachment 8096942

100 yards

View attachment 8096943

200 yards around 700 rounds thru it (a bit windy and an average shooter, it can do better than this)
View attachment 8096944
View attachment 8096945
Do you know what it weighs without bipod or optic?

Barreled action inbound: V22 360, 18” Kukri, 30MOA rail
Glass: I already own a Vortex 5-25 Eagle Strike secured nicely in a Spuhr mount.
Intended use: training, competition, and some small game hunting

To complete the rifle I was going to add a TT Diamond (single stage), and then mount it in a MDT XRS chassis.

All good, or would you change something? Change the trigger? Different, lighter chassis? Heavier chassis or stock?

Ordered the V-22 BA back at end of January, but have been traveling and finally got a chance to get all the parts and pieces together and fired the first rounds today. Short version: I love this thing.

Deets:
Vudoo V-22 w/ 30MOA rail
22” Bartlein no taper barrel 1:16 twist
TT Diamond 2-stage
XLR Envy Pro chassis (waiting on the thumb rest, not sure if I’ll need the Arca extension nose piece or not)
Burris XTR Pro (moved it over from my CZ)

99318226-E61B-4A35-AE09-0DF298B7693B.jpeg
D5D1E320-9F89-4075-BB7F-C318AC35DBA2.jpeg

Barrel-Action weighs 8 lbs 12 oz
Envy Pro chassis weighs 4 lbs 0 oz
Total weight: 17 lbs 3 oz (with bipod)

Zero’d @ 50 yds, then worked my way out to various distances including gongs at 200 and 307 yds. I plugged in the same MV from my CZ to get started, but had to recalc the DSF at 307 -which then re-calculated the dope for 200 to be spot on. I couldn’t see my hits on the 12” plate @ 307 could only hear them, but I could see my impacts @ 200 and shot a 10-shot group smaller than my fist.

The heavy barrel really helps balance the rifle out for shooting off a Schmedium on a barricade (or top of a tripod in my case), and the weight of the whole rifle helps it settle into the bag to be super steady. It’s not too heavy, or at least it didn’t seem like it would hinder me on a stage. Currently running the 10-rnd poly mags that come with the Vudoo, hoping to give the new 15-rnders a try when they release them.

Only thing that made me scratch my head was initially the mags would not lock into place. Fortunately I figured out the mag catch adjustment on the XLR Envy Pro and adjusted it so they locked in. I didn’t have any feeding issues, so that’s good.

Looks great and sounds like it shoots like that too. What do you have on the scope?

Looks great and sounds like it shoots like that too. What do you have on the scope?

You mean the tape or the magnifier? It’s just KT tape I got on Amazon. That matte finish on the Burris is weird, so the tape keeps it from getting scuffed up. The magnifier is from MK Machine so me old eyes can see my turret.

You mean the tape or the magnifier? It’s just KT tape I got on Amazon. That matte finish on the Burris is weird, so the tape keeps it from getting scuffed up. The magnifier is from MK Machine so me old eyes can see my turret.

Yeah was talking about the tape. Just a different pattern on it. The Pro finish is kind of odd being matte and takes scrapes from anything that touches it. I am thinking about getting something for mine.

Yeah was talking about the tape. Just a different pattern on it. The Pro finish is kind of odd being matte and takes scrapes from anything that touches it. I am thinking about getting something for mine.

Reactions: Rob01
Ordered the V-22 BA back at end of January, but have been traveling and finally got a chance to get all the parts and pieces together and fired the first rounds today. Short version: I love this thing.

Deets:
Vudoo V-22 w/ 30MOA rail
22” Bartlein no taper barrel 1:16 twist
TT Diamond 2-stage
XLR Envy Pro chassis (waiting on the thumb rest, not sure if I’ll need the Arca extension nose piece or not)
Burris XTR Pro (moved it over from my CZ)

View attachment 8102244View attachment 8102245

Barrel-Action weighs 8 lbs 12 oz
Envy Pro chassis weighs 4 lbs 0 oz
Total weight: 17 lbs 3 oz (with bipod)

Zero’d @ 50 yds, then worked my way out to various distances including gongs at 200 and 307 yds. I plugged in the same MV from my CZ to get started, but had to recalc the DSF at 307 -which then re-calculated the dope for 200 to be spot on. I couldn’t see my hits on the 12” plate @ 307 could only hear them, but I could see my impacts @ 200 and shot a 10-shot group smaller than my fist.

The heavy barrel really helps balance the rifle out for shooting off a Schmedium on a barricade (or top of a tripod in my case), and the weight of the whole rifle helps it settle into the bag to be super steady. It’s not too heavy, or at least it didn’t seem like it would hinder me on a stage. Currently running the 10-rnd poly mags that come with the Vudoo, hoping to give the new 15-rnders a try when they release them.

Only thing that made me scratch my head was initially the mags would not lock into place. Fortunately I figured out the mag catch adjustment on the XLR Envy Pro and adjusted it so they locked in. I didn’t have any feeding issues, so that’s good.

Where'd you get the extension for that Area419 barricade block?

Anyone have a measurement for the correct sear for a Bix n Andy Tacsport pro 2 stage. My Vudoo 360
is getting shipped and I ordered the trigger forgetting that I may need a different sear.

I joined the ranks a week or so ago. Got myself a full 360 w/ 20" MTU contour. Pulled it out of the KRG stock and put it in a spare AI stock I had in the corner.

Tried CCI SV just to check and it was running 1.5 MOA.
SK Standard + for 10, 5 rd groups was holding .62 MOA
SK Rifle Match took the day with 10, 5 shot groups averaging .322 MOA with 2 of those being .187 groups

Impressed with this little rifle. I didn't know I would enjoy it this much.

Just received my 360 and waiting on a high sear. I ordered mine with a 22" Shilen ratchet with the B0 contour.
Hopefully it shoots as good as my Annie.

Just received my 360 and waiting on a high sear. I ordered mine with a 22" Shilen ratchet with the B0 contour.
Hopefully it shoots as good as my Annie.
I recently just got a Shilen RO7 and it shoots really well..I actually got the gun because I got cert and wanted to have it to shoot while my first Vudoo was at Modacam getting a Kreiger put on it..Now I hope the Kreiger shoots as good as the Shilen.. ;) This has less to do with the barrel but the Shilen also doesn’t have a cold bore shift..My Ace did, the Ace also took longer to come in after a cleaning. The Ace did shoot ok once ya got it seasoned again but not like the Shilen.
Let me add, that Ace is 4” shorter and Threaded both disadvantages against the Shilen..

Last edited:
I recently just got a Shilen RO7 and it shoots really well..I actually got the gun because I got cert and wanted to have it to shoot while my first Vudoo was at Modacam getting a Kreiger put on it..Now I hope the Kreiger shoots as good as the Shilen.. ;) This has less to do with the barrel but the Shilen also doesn’t have a cold bore shift..My Ace did, the Ace also took longer to come in after a cleaning. The Ace did shoot ok once ya got it seasoned again but not like the Shilen.
Let me add, that Ace is 4” shorter and Threaded both disadvantages against the Shilen..
let me also add, that Shilen barrels are button rifled and taper lapped. Ace barrels are cut rifled and I don't believe they are tapered lapped if lapped at all. Never owned a Shilen barrel that needed to be seasoned to shoot. They shoot clean and come back to point of aim after 3 or four lubing shots.

Last edited:
let be also add, that Shilen barrels are button rifled and taper lapped. Ace barrels are cut rifled and I don't believe they are tapered lapped if lapped at all. Never owned a Shilen barrel that needed to be seasoned to shoot. They shoot clean and come back to point of aim after 3 or four lubing shots.
I won't swear to anything, but I bought the pre-built rifle and bore scoped it after cleaning it when I got it home, I will say, I think it was lapped and polished. I'm assuming it has the Ace barrel on it, but that thing was looking a lot nicer than most if not all of my custom center fire rifles.

VGW used to put a single letter stamp on barrels that they'd fitted & installed, just ahead of the front of the action at 6:00. A=Ace, B=Bartlein - these two are the only ones I've seen, so not sure what other stamps they've either used or are still using... Out of the six Vudoo rifles I own, I bought two that were barreled by VGW - a 22" Kukri Bartlein & 18" Ranch Ace. I wanted the lightest V22 sporter I could put together, and so got the Ranch bbl'd action and put it in a Manners EH2. It was light, but balanced too far to the rear to suit me, so I pulled the ACE Ranch bbl and replaced it with a 22" Krieger in their #4 sporter contour, which didn't add that much weight, but put the balance point right at the front edge of the DBM. To be clear, I had no qualms or issues with the accuracy of their ACE barrel, it was only the balance point of the finished rifle that moved me to switch to the longer Krieger.

Last edited:
Reactions: RussW1911