• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

New Vudoo Three60, Muller 22” barrel /w EC tuner, TriggerTech Special two stage, Ckye pod, ARC rings, 40MOA scope base, Leupold MK 5 5-25x56.
The parallax for the leupold alright? I am looking at a set up very similar to this. Shoot any close targets inside of 50yds?

The parallax for the leupold alright? I am looking at a set up very similar to this. Shoot any close targets inside of 50yds?
I’ve shot a couple of matches with it. The targets are fuzzy but i could still make them out.

Why not just get a scope that will parallax down to 10-15 yards? A ton of them out there now.

Reactions: usafa77
Why not just get a scope that will parallax down to 10-15 yards? A ton of them out there now.
This scope came off my Vudoo Gen 2. I have a Zeiss S3 on it now. This is the scope I had when my Vudoo Three60 came in. I plan to use the Three60 at matches we have here. So inside of 50 yards won’t matter.

This scope came off my Vudoo Gen 2. I have a Zeiss S3 on it now. This is the scope I had when my Vudoo Three60 came in. I plan to use the Three60 at matches we have here. So inside of 50 yards won’t matter.
I know at some matches now under 50 doesn’t come into play but was asking the guy who I quoted who was contemplating one but seems to need under 50 yards.

I thought I would post this just in case it’s something easily remedied
My Vudoo Gen I has off and on jammed. Thought is was my magazine loading but that’s not the case it seems Or at least not the main cause.
It is my brass sticking to bolt face and not ejecting then once I try to close.. Jam!
My main ammo is CenterX and I get a jam maybe every 100 rounds but recently I decided to practice with some SK Match Plus and now it’s one or two out of 10 rounds. My first thought was case head thickness?
Anyone had same issues any thoughts before I call Vudoo and bother them.

I thought I would post this just in case it’s something easily remedied
My Vudoo Gen I has off and on jammed. Thought is was my magazine loading but that’s not the case it seems Or at least not the main cause.
It is my brass sticking to bolt face and not ejecting then once I try to close.. Jam!
My main ammo is CenterX and I get a jam maybe every 100 rounds but recently I decided to practice with some SK Match Plus and now it’s one or two out of 10 rounds. My first thought was case head thickness?
Anyone had same issues any thoughts before I call Vudoo and bother them.

I know this might be an annoying question, but how often do you clean the chamber and have you inspected for a carbon ring recently?

And are you babying the bolt when pulling to the rear? Try and rack the bolt like a centerfire and see if it helps. If not just give Vudoo a call. It's no bother as they are there to help.

Reactions: sporterboy
I probably clean too much about every 300-400 rounds and my bore scope never shows much carbon on that cleaning regiment.

I have thought about it being me not being forceful enough.
Could be but what got my attention was the worsening with ammo change.

I have a mark 5 on my hunting set up and like continuity of reticles. Haven’t checked out arken but for 22lr I hear their pretty good, do they have any similar to the PR2 reticle?

Took another step forward in my Vudoo 360 Build. Just picked up an MPA Matrix Pro second hand for a good deal. Just need to finalize the decision on the barrel. Still flip flopping between getting a 22 inch kukri (because I like the look) and dealing with the challenge of balancing it or going with a 22-24 inch straight 1.2 for balance.

1700160803122.png

I also have the MDT ACC incase I don't like it or can't balance it how I like (currently hosting my brother's .223 R700)
1700160924993.png

Took another step forward in my Vudoo 360 Build. Just picked up an MPA Matrix Pro second hand for a good deal. Just need to finalize the decision on the barrel. Still flip flopping between getting a 22 inch kukri (because I like the look) and dealing with the challenge of balancing it or going with a 22-24 inch straight 1.2 for balance.

View attachment 8273671

I also have the MDT ACC incase I don't like it or can't balance it how I like (currently hosting my brother's .223 R700)
View attachment 8273673
I just bought a 22" mtu and put it in a matrix pro. It shoots great but to get the balance I wanted required a lot of weight toward the front. I believe it weighs in right now at 20.6lbs with scope. I think if I had the chance to do it over I'd really consider the 1.20 barrel. I believe that would have helped the balance.

I just bought a 22" mtu and put it in a matrix pro. It shoots great but to get the balance I wanted required a lot of weight toward the front. I believe it weighs in right now at 20.6lbs with scope. I think if I had the chance to do it over I'd really consider the 1.20 barrel. I believe that would have helped the balance.

That's great feedback. I was also thinking if I got the 1.2 barrel I could always trade someone for a MTU or Kukri if I really didn't like it. They seem in demand enough. If I did go that route I'd still have to decide on 22 or 24 inches. I've seen a few photos of well balanced Vudoo Matrix Pros with 24 inch 1.2 barrels that balance really well at weight in at around 18lbs. Haven't seen anyone pick the 22 inch 1.2 barrel though.

I have one in 22 inch 1.2 ordered now about a month.
Already have the MDT ACC ready to go once it arrives

What ETA did they give you? When I called them they said the 1.2's were about a 3-4 month lead time. Part of me wants to decide sooner just so I can get my order in and have it before Spring. If you get it soon I'll be very curious to hear about your impressions, how it balances, etc.

Usually 6-8 weeks if the barrel is in stock and if not then you just have to wait for them to come in. @Mark_Dorman I would order sooner than later going into the winter.

I went with the 22” 1.200” barrel, dropped it in an XLR Envy pro chassis. Balances pretty decent without any weights, better with the bipod attached. Weighs in at 17 and a half pounds. Buddy has a a 20” MTU Kukri with a tuner attached, also in an Envy Pro chassis. He had to add some weights to the chassis to get it balanced out. His rifle is heavier than mine, around 19 or so pounds due to the chassis weights.

I’ve been pretty happy with my Vudoo w/ 22” 1.200” barrel. If I had to do it over again I think I’d have gone 23” or even 24”, and stayed with the fattie barrel. Good luck with your decision.

I went with the 22” 1.200” barrel, dropped it in an XLR Envy pro chassis. Balances pretty decent without any weights, better with the bipod attached. Weighs in at 17 and a half pounds. Buddy has a a 20” MTU Kukri with a tuner attached, also in an Envy Pro chassis. He had to add some weights to the chassis to get it balanced out. His rifle is heavier than mine, around 19 or so pounds due to the chassis weights.

I’ve been pretty happy with my Vudoo w/ 22” 1.200” barrel. If I had to do it over again I think I’d have gone 23” or even 24”, and stayed with the fattie barrel. Good luck with your decision.

I love the XLR Envy Pro! It is one of the easiest to balance rifles given the light rear.

My new Vudoo I'm building is a 24" 1.2. I've had a 26" 1.2 and a 23" 1.0 I think a 24" 1.2 is the best overall.

Reactions: ECK and Rob01
I'd like to get my Vudoo barreled action into a KRG stock. KRG says on their site they have extended mag latches for it but they don't guarantee proper function of the Vudoo in their chassis systems it seems. Is it likely to be a pain in the ass to get it working properly?

I'd like to get my Vudoo barreled action into a KRG stock. KRG says on their site they have extended mag latches for it but they don't guarantee proper function of the Vudoo in their chassis systems it seems. Is it likely to be a pain in the ass to get it working properly?

Womfat on Youtube has his Vudoo 360 in a KRG C-4 and didn't seem to have any issues with it. Not sure which KRG you were looking at, but it definitely worked fine for him.

Reactions: bnaples
Womfat on Youtube has his Vudoo 360 in a KRG C-4 and didn't seem to have any issues with it. Not sure which KRG you were looking at, but it definitely worked fine for him.

My Vudoo 360 is in the KRG W-3 Chassis. When I ordered the barreled action from Vudoo, I was told to get the extended magazine catch for it from KRG.

I had to do a little filing but not much. IIRC, it took me about 15-30 minutes and after that it has worked great every time I've shot it.

Reactions: Mark_Dorman
Just ordered my barreled action 🥳
Went with the 360 with a 24 inch 1.2" Straight Bartlein Barrel. They said it could be 3-4 months depending on Bartlein's delivery times for the barrels, but I'm excited and should have it in time for spring!

1700251045562.png

It's not difficult to get the Vudoo to function properly in a KRG....nothing at all magical about it.

MB

Congrats! You will really enjoy it.
It’s called analysis paralysis. At one point you got to say this is the order and order it.

You definitely nailed it. I could go back and forth forever just trying to decide. After reading this I realized I was just overthinking it. Called my brother and had him help me make the final decision and I'm much happier to have that the ordering part done. Now the waiting will super tough but gives me plenty of extra time with the CZ so I can really feel the difference when the Vudoo comes in.

Reactions: Rob01
We have all done it! LOL I used to be real bad with it and as I get older I just say screw it and get what I think I should.

Folks ,
I have a vudoo 360 that was shooting about 1 inch @100m in MPA chassis with bartlen barrel , in effort to move weight to barell and watching all these US vudoo‘s with truck axles I have put a 26 inch 1.2 inch axle barrell on it. The new barrel is shoots 1.5-2 moa at 50 and 100m . Old barrell was .8 to 1 all day long.

other folks seem to be getting much better accuracy in their barrels from same manufactor . Maybe I just got a not so good one.

my question is , do I have too much weight in barrel so it is effecting the action ?

mpa is v block to action , does it need bedding to support it better ?

Vudoo’s that have these axle barrels had anything else done to action to stabilise them?

any other ideas ?

Folks ,
I have a vudoo 360 that was shooting about 1 inch @100m in MPA chassis with bartlen barrel , in effort to move weight to barell and watching all these US vudoo‘s with truck axles I have put a 26 inch 1.2 inch axle barrell on it. The new barrel is shoots 1.5-2 moa at 50 and 100m . Old barrell was .8 to 1 all day long.

other folks seem to be getting much better accuracy in their barrels from same manufactor . Maybe I just got a not so good one.

my question is , do I have too much weight in barrel so it is effecting the action ?

Vudoo’s that have these axle barrels had anything else done to action to stabilise them?

any other ideas ?
First have you completely gone through the rifle and checked every screw and component for proper fit and torque? What brand barrel and who did the work? Have you tested ammo yet?

Reactions: brianf
First have you completely gone through the rifle and checked every screw and component for proper fit and torque? What brand barrel and who did the work? Have you tested ammo yet?

checked the screws , all nice and tight , tried Elly club, multiple match and tenex ,sk LR and center x

I've been contemplating moving my ZCO from my 6GT to my Vudoo since I don't shoot CF anymore. Or haven't in months. I just have my Vudoo/NX8 so dialed in, I'm reluctant. I'm shooting a .22 match tomorrow. Maybe I'll pull the ZCO off and zero it on the Vudoo after the match.

Rough calculation if it's a 527 you will be on 14X withe the same 13.2 ft FOv you had with the NX8 at 8X.
IMG_1843.jpeg

Folks ,

any other ideas ?

Might just be the barrel and/or not finding the ammo it likes yet. Who put it on?

And no nothing done to mine with the 23" 1.2" barrel to support anywhere. Shouldn't be needed as the action is plenty strong enough to support them but like some do in centerfires you could bed under the chamber area for a little extra support and see if that helps. I use mine in Manners with mini chassis which are also v block and no issues.

Folks ,

any other ideas ?
I learned through experience that cutting the chamber in a rimfire barrel requires a great deal of skill to produce a "shooter." I built a RimX using a 26" Shilen taper-lapped barrel, and the thing was awful. The smith who chambered the barrel was relatively inexperienced with .22LR and was reluctant to do the work for me, but our relationship goes back decades so he did the work. Long story short, I ended up taking the barrel to a well-known (USA) rimfire smith who made a very tiny "touch-up" to the front of the chamber, and now the rifle shoots as it should; also, this barrel seems more particular than my others about which ammo it likes - this is mitigated via use of a tuner).

You haven't specified the brand of your long heavy barrel or who chambered and crowned it... your rifle should shoot fine without bedding the chassis. If they are available to you, I would try a Harrell tuner (clamps on the muzzle). A tuner is not going to "cure" high dispersion caused by poor machining - ask me how I know. My suspicion is that you have a problematic barrel if you're seeing 2MOA dispersion at 50 yards; this is what I was seeing with my RimX before the chamber was "touched up."

In my opinion, this trend toward straight 1.2" barrels on .22s is a fad. There is certainly a balance benefit from having all that weight out front, but that weight is not going to intrinsically add accuracy nor does it require extra "stabilization."

I see my buddy Rob posted while I was typing. He notes that bedding under the chamber might help. [Shrug] yes, it might; I know at least one skilled smith who strongly advocates bedding chassis... but I still say that 2MOA dispersion at 50 yards with multiple brands/labels of ammo points to a barrel issue. I hope I'm wrong, but your story sounds much like mine with my RimX.

Good luck, sir.

Folks ,

any other ideas ?

This may be a long shot, but I just ordered my Vudoo 360 and had an interesting conversation with Paul about ammo testing. He said this doesn't usually happen with the 1.2 barrels, but he mentioned that the aluminum chassis can act a bit like a tuning fork so weights can change how the rifle shoots. He sighted a specific example of a BA comp giving a customer issues. Once they removed all the weights from the Chassis all the groups tightened up again. Might be worth testing again without the weights attached and see if anything changes.

Reactions: aussieotto
This may be a long shot, but I just ordered my Vudoo 360 and had an interesting conversation with Paul about ammo testing. He said this doesn't usually happen with the 1.2 barrels, but he mentioned that the aluminum chassis can act a bit like a tuning fork so weights can change how the rifle shoots. He sighted a specific example of a BA comp giving a customer issues. Once they removed all the weights from the Chassis all the groups tightened up again. Might be worth testing again without the weights attached and see if anything changes.
Interesting , it still has internal weights in chassis, I will try that

Just finished my new build. Next week I take her to Lapua to do some lot testing.

Vudoo "Three 60 Action"
Krieger 1.25" straight barrel finished at 25" - 1:16 twist
Modacam Custom Rifles barrel fitting and ignition tuning
Masterpiece Arms Matrix Pro - Anodizing by Outlaw
TriggerTech Single Stage Diamond
American Rifle Company M-Brace Rings
Zero Compromise ZC527
MDT Send It Level + Brandt Ocular Housing

Total build weight comes in at 19lb 13oz and balances just in front of the mag blocker

1700676013202.png

Just finished my new build. Next week I take her to Lapua to do some lot testing.

Vudoo "Three 60 Action"
Krieger 1.25" straight barrel finished at 25" - 1:16 twist
Modacam Custom Rifles barrel fitting and ignition tuning
Masterpiece Arms Matrix Pro - Anodizing by Outlaw
TriggerTech Single Stage Diamond
American Rifle Company M-Brace Rings
Zero Compromise ZC527
MDT Send It Level + Brandt Ocular Housing

Total build weight comes in at 19lb 13oz and balances just in front of the mag blocker

View attachment 8278786

Beautiful rifle! Are you using any of the internal weights?

@dscl is that the Bison Tactical Cheek Riser? I saw that recently and was curious about it. It seems like a cool idea for getting your cheek weld as fast as possible. How do you like it?

Folks ,

any other ideas ?

Who is the barrel manufacturer? And who did the chambering/gunsmithing to put it onto your rifle?

Who is the barrel manufacturer? And who did the chambering/gunsmithing to put it onto your rifle?
You can't count on maintaining the same level of accuracy after changing rifle barrels. Sometimes you do. Sometimes it gets better. Sometimes worse. It's really a crap shoot at best. A Vudoo action can handle that barrel profile and I've never seen bedding make much difference in a V blocked chassis unless the block was milled incorrectly and the action is being stressed after being torqued down. Not sure about that .8 to 1? If this is at 50. the gun wasn't shooting to begin with! If at 100 then ok are you shooting the same ammo in both barrels as the new barrel might not like what shot in the old barrel! Put some rounds through it. Play with action torque and different ammo. If you still can't get it to shoot then you've learned a lesson on changing barrels. Hope some of what i've said helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: aussieotto
Hi folks, my vudoo 360 barreled action arrived recently and so far I've put a few hundred rounds through it. Planning on shooting around 1000 rounds and then sending it to the lapua facility to get ammo matched up.

The rifle is a factory vudoo with 22" bartlein MTU and a timney HIT. My stock hasn't come in yet, so I put it into my hunting rifle chassis for the time being. I tried to shoot cheaper ammo for the barrel seasoning, but the chamber is a bit too tight to easily load cci standard, etc, so I'll have to stick with SK rifle match. Optic is a vortex strike eagle with combined 70moa of cant.

Target is 10 shots at 50 yards on my first day of shooting it. Not bad!

IMG_0112.jpeg

IMG_0110.jpeg

Here’s a question for the hive: What spare Vudoo parts do you keep on hand in case something breaks? Or replace as part of periodic maintenance?

Reactions: BowChamp