• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Looks good. They get you all set on zeroing that scope? They are different but I like the clickless zeroing for getting an exact zero.

What was the velocity on that SK Pistol?

Looks good. They get you all set on zeroing that scope? They are different but I like the clickless zeroing for getting an exact zero.

What was the velocity on that SK Pistol?

Thanks, Rob. I think I got it figured out but I didn't realize the windage was set the same way so I probably will have to readjust that next time.

I never got a chronograph so I don't know the velocity. Sorry.

Here is a video showing how to zero the L Tec style knob. This is an older video before the multi tool was available and the AMG is easier in that you only need the allen for the center adjustment and not a screwdriver. The video will give you an idea though. Pretty simple though. Lock knobs, take off caps, loosen three allens, shoot and make adjustments with center mechanism, lock down three allens and replace caps. Pretty simple.

No problem on velocity. Was just wondering as i know the pistol is usually slower than the rifle loads.

Here is a video showing how to zero the L Tec style knob. This is an older video before the multi tool was available and the AMG is easier in that you only need the allen for the center adjustment and not a screwdriver. The video will give you an idea though. Pretty simple though. Lock knobs, take off caps, loosen three allens, shoot and make adjustments with center mechanism, lock down three allens and replace caps. Pretty simple.

No problem on velocity. Was just wondering as i know the pistol is usually slower than the rifle loads.

Thanks again for the video. Just went outside after the snow/rain stopped to double check the scope adjustments. Shot a couple of 10 shot groups. The one on the right is SK Pistol Match. Had a few Rifle Match rounds left so tried that out on the left target. I think the Vudoo likes this stuff. I better order a case of the Rifle Match. LOL

we1CHeZ.jpg

29025385_1875390015869152_1149516381520134144_o.jpg

Just some pics of my new V-22 from VGW. It is a Ravage with Grayboe Black Adjustable Cheek Piece stock and Gray Spiderweb finish. Barrel is the Kukri profile and 20" long. The action is VGW Melonite finish and barrel is Black Cerakote finish. Has the upgraded Calvin Elite trigger set for specified weight of pull. Suppressor is SilencerCo Sparrow. Scope is Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 in 5x-25x. 30mm tube with 50mm Objective. Rings are Seekins 30mm High 0.97" 4 screw. FYI# There is approx. .250" between barrel and scope with covers installed. Could of gotten by with lower rings, but wanted to insure adequate clearance in case of scope change to larger Objective. Thanks to Paul and everyone at Vudoo Gun Works for everything. John & Joy.

I like it, that looks great! The black cerakote and melonite receiver look great together
Thank you. The Melonite finish on the action and bolt should be great for durability and Black Cerakote I left to Pauls discretion for color matching. Came out really well.

View attachment 6882318
Just some pics of my new V-22 from VGW. It is a Ravage with Grayboe Black Adjustable Cheek Piece stock and Gray Spiderweb finish. Barrel is the Kukri profile and 20" long. The action is VGW Melonite finish and barrel is Black Cerakote finish. Has the upgraded Calvin Elite trigger set for specified weight of pull. Suppressor is SilencerCo Sparrow. Scope is Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 in 5x-25x. 30mm tube with 50mm Objective. Rings are Seekins 30mm High 0.97" 4 screw. FYI# There is approx. .250" between barrel and scope with covers installed. Could of gotten by with lower rings, but wanted to insure adequate clearance in case of scope change to larger Objective. Thanks to Paul and everyone at Vudoo Gun Works for everything. John & Joy.

Yep, that looks slick as hell.

I HATE this thread!!!!!!!!

It makes waiting so painful...
Mine was ordered on 12/19. There were some delays with Holidays, Shot Show, and Extractor issues they had, which caused delays in getting mine, but I can assure that the fit and finish is worth it. I just got it put together tonight, so No Accuracy testing yet.

Mine was ordered on 12/19. There were some delays with Holidays, Shot Show, and Extractor issues they had, which caused delays in getting mine, but I can assure that the fit and finish is worth it. I just got it put together tonight, so No Accuracy testing yet.

Pictures or it never happened!

Hey you guys need to take those fine guns outside and start shooting! :)

Due to this thread finely put my order in yesterday.

V22 in a Grayboe Ridgeback stock ( olive w/ black webbing), 16.5 inch kukhri bartlein barrel, 20 moa rail, black cerakote, trigger tech primary trigger, w/ 4 mags. -- 8 to 9 week lead time - Can't wait!

Planning on putting my Steiner T5xi 3-15 w/ vortex rings, TBAC 22 TD, harris bipod

Reactions: ltfirehunter
We take orders, we build, we ship, we take excellent care of our customers, like clockwork. We're also designing and planning what the next big things are....jus sayin.

MB

From some folks out there I would think that this statement was a bit over boastful. If there is anyone still on the fence about ordering, I have to say it's totally worth it. I have never bought anything firearms related that was more of a pleasant surprise in person than my Vudoo rifle. I have a 60 gun safe full of custom rifles and this thing is my hands down favorite. I have had more fun with my son and daughter shooting this off the back porch and out in the yard. It feels like a real rifle instead of a kids rifle and it flat hammers all while actually feeding and ejecting as you would expect it to do.

The folks that I dealt with at Vudoo were awesome people as well. Super helpful and great communicators. When I ordered mine they were working 7 days a week to get orders out to customers. I really hope they aren't still doing that, as I know first hand you can only work seven days a week for so long, but the fact that they were doing it to get the rifle in my and other customers hands was pretty fantastic.

The only thing I can think of that is really a down side to these rifles is that everyone wants to shoot the thing at my local matches and that kind of negates my advantage!

Mine comes in this week and I wondered what you guys/gals are running for scope MOA? My Vudoo is coming with a 30MOA rail and was thinking 0 or 10 MOA SPUHR. I’m going to use a NF 7-35 ATACR F1 and was curious if I would be able to get low enough to hit 15-25 yd targets with 40MOA total rise

Nice rifle bro,How are you liking that greyboe terrain stock?It seems like it would be very handy and fast to use.

I was unable to get much time behind it this weekend due to failure to fire on about 25% of rounds. Sent trigger and bolt back today for Vudoo to fix. I like it so far though.

I was unable to get much time behind it this weekend due to failure to fire on about 25% of rounds. Sent trigger and bolt back today for Vudoo to fix. I like it so far though.

I wonder if this is a common problem? I had two SK Rifle Match rounds not fire yesterday and one Center-X today. There was a decent dent on the shell from the firing pin on all three.

great.. I just got my tax refund back, and I hate this post!!!!!!! UGH!!!! Must resist..must resist......

I’m not worried about the elevation up, I’m worried that with 40 I might not be able to go low enough!
You'll be fine, with a 50yd zero you never come down much at all, even if you zero at 100 you shouldn't have to dial down more than 6.5 MOA at 35yd, with 50 adjustment and 40 cant that's leaving you a couple MOA left, in theory. On the flip side your 90 MOA of elevation is enough to get you to 600 yards (as long as your target is facing nearly straight up!)

I wonder if this is a common problem? I had two SK Rifle Match rounds not fire yesterday and one Center-X today. There was a decent dent on the shell from the firing pin on all three.
I know of two others. I am sure Paul and crew will get it worked out though.

sideburn - I got the 25 MOA rail on my V-22; with a 50yd zero on an Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56, I've got 6.7-7 mils on at 200yds, which leaves 13.5 mils of internal elevation, plus 9 mils of reticle holdover. Shooter shows that 20.5 of internal elevation will get me out just over 400yds, and the extra 9 mils on the reticle would get me to just over 520yds. I don't expect to be shooting that far, would expect it to be very difficult to see/detect hits on steel at that distance with a 22RF. But, maybe on a bet, or just to see if it could be done sort of thing. But I wouldn't want to compromise the use at more typical 22RF distances in favor of more built-in elevation for occasional use out to what are impractical distances.

Last edited:
Reactions: sideburn
sideburn - I got the 25 MOA rail on my V-22; with a 50yd zero on an Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56, I've got 6.7-7 mils on at 200yds, which leaves 13.5 mils of internal elevation, plus 9 mils of reticle holdover. Shooter shows that 20.5 of internal elevation will get me out just over 400yds, and the extra 9 mils on the reticle would get me to just over 520yds. I don't expect to be shooting that far, would expect it to be very difficult to see/detect hits on steel at that distance with a 22RF. But, maybe on a bet, or just to see if it could be done sort of thing. But I wouldn't want to compromise the use at more typical 22RF distances in favor of more built-in elevation for occasional use out to what are impractical distances.

Thanks. Yea I think I’ll use a 0 MOA amount and just rely on the 30MOA of the rail. Cheers

Crap, I only have the Tunney 510 not the 510U. I hope it works without issues so I don’t have to drop another 150. Going to be trying Lapua Midas + and SK rifle match as my two go to rounds.

Any chance someone can take a picture of their bolt for me? I have an action on order and am looking to get a bore guide made. The guide maker has asked me for a picture of the bolt.

There's very little difference between the 40X 22RF boltnose & that of the V-22. Both have the underside of lower half machined away from the bolt's mid-body lugs forward. No reason I can see to make one any differently than those made in the past for the 40X that Sinclair sells.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Is there any advantage to getting a 18 0r 20" barrel vs a 16", ? I'm leaning towards an 18" rather than 16".

A couple of builds with the CADEX Chassis:

fullsizeoutput_307.jpg

fullsizeoutput_308.jpg

The top image is a Dual Strike, bottom is Lite Competition.

MB

Sweet! I'm going with the bottom option in SSV. Is that a 16 or 18" barrel in the bottom pic? There was a mix up in shipping but I'm hoping this week I will be able to get my hands on it and build her up! Man, that rail looks like it fits perfectly against the top foreend.

Sweet! I'm going with the bottom option in SSV. Is that a 16 or 18" barrel in the bottom pic? There was a mix up in shipping but I'm hoping this week I will be able to get my hands on it and build her up! Man, that rail looks like it fits perfectly against the top foreend.

The Lite Competition pic is a 16" barrel.

MB

Is there any advantage to getting a 18 0r 20" barrel vs a 16", ? I'm leaning towards an 18" rather than 16".

I don't think there is any perceptible advantage but I went with 18" as it is the "sweet spot" in my opinion.

I went with 16 inch and I'm glad I did. Balances well. A local smallbore shooter who is also a gunsmith said there was no advantage to a longer barrel in rimfire. Anything longer than 16 is wasted metal is kind of how he put it. YMMV

I went with 16 inch and I'm glad I did. Balances well. A local smallbore shooter who is also a gunsmith said there was no advantage to a longer barrel in rimfire. Anything longer than 16 is wasted metal is kind of how he put it. YMMV

I would argue with one exception. Longer barrels respond much better to a tuner than shorter barrels. However that doesn’t happen until >20”

Since I don’t plan on using a tuner it’s mostly moot. I just like the 18” as it makes the ascetics of my chassis choice a bit better.

V-22 on its way mine's going to have a 25 MOA rail how high should the Rings be for a Gen 2 Vortex razor

V-22 on its way mine's going to have a 25 MOA rail how high should the Rings be for a Gen 2 Vortex razor

I asked Paul at Vudoo about rings for a 34 mm scope with 56mm objective. He said 0.990" high rings work well. He might have been talking about a 20 MOA rail though.

One thing you have to be careful of is clearance for the bolt if you try to keep the scope low. I had to raise my scope since the bolt would hit the scope.

Last edited:
1" height will work fine. If you have an adjustable comb then you can go a little higher like a 1.1" or 1.26".