• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Rimfire brass finds it way into everything when your shooting it a alot.

Tell me about it! (In her gizzard near knee joint on xray)
Resized952017022295085541.jpg

We have an overrun of five barreled actions available for immediate shipment. The specs are:

Qty 2---18" KUKRI Contour, Threaded Muzzle, FDE Cerakote, Right Hand
Qty 1---18" KUKRI Contour, Threaded Muzzle, MilSpec Green Cerakote, Right Hand
Qty 1---20" KUKRI Contour, Threaded Muzzle, Melonite Action/Stainless Barrel, Right Hand (SOLD)
Qty 1---22" KUKRI Contour, Threaded Muzzle, Sniper Grey Cerakote, Right Hand (SOLD)

I wanted to offer these up here first to give you guys a chance to jump on them over the weekend before moving them on Monday. Active and retired Mil and LE receive a discount. The shop (435-359-2890) is running today if you want to call and pick one up.

MB
Leo discount for just these or you offer Leo discount for full builds?

Well isn’t my timing great.
I just get a Leupold mk5 5-25 & I find out the 7-35’s are hitting the shelves.
I just,only just get a Vudoo & carbon fibre barrels come out.
With my luck so far if it was raining virgins i’d be washed downed the gutter with a bender!

If your wanting a light rifle to throw around and shoot standing I can see the carbon barrels being popular.

For PRS style shooting and longer range you will want a heavier gun.

I have an 18” Kukri suppressed in a carbon manners and it actually jumps when you pull the trigger. I have to load the bipod constantly or it will shoot high. I wish I would have went with a heavier stock and that might have solved that issue.

Any hard data on weight differences between the Proof CF and say a MTU or Kukri? I am sure these will be popular! I am interested to see how they shoot...

No hard data JB, but the feel-in-the-hands difference is significant. I'll get them on the scale as soon as I can and post numbers.

MB

Here are 4 different 5 shot groups I shot today at 50 yards with the Vudoo. Subtract .220” for bullet diameter and those are respectable group sizes. This gun now has over 9000 rounds through it! My second Vudoo will be here tomorrow, I’m hoping since it’s brand new it’ll shoot better than this old worn out one I’m currently limping along with! ?

Attachments

• DDC16769-B9FB-4C5A-928B-5F5D729177EA.jpeg
    DDC16769-B9FB-4C5A-928B-5F5D729177EA.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 2620703F-8028-4CB1-AB86-4E0B5F116A96.jpeg
    2620703F-8028-4CB1-AB86-4E0B5F116A96.jpeg
    394.2 KB · Views: 115
  • C4278D01-65DB-453A-B1EA-EA562F8014AE.jpeg
    C4278D01-65DB-453A-B1EA-EA562F8014AE.jpeg
    415.4 KB · Views: 120
  • DA8006CE-7B19-4B31-B672-FA26A5C22E1B.jpeg
    DA8006CE-7B19-4B31-B672-FA26A5C22E1B.jpeg
    328.6 KB · Views: 203
  • AB56B868-4BBE-48AA-B0BF-DBB1C3334E1C.jpeg
    AB56B868-4BBE-48AA-B0BF-DBB1C3334E1C.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 234
Here are 4 different 5 shot groups I shot today at 50 yards with the Vudoo. Subtract .220” for bullet diameter and those are respectable group sizes. This gun now has over 9000 rounds through it! My second Vudoo will be here tomorrow, I’m hoping since it’s brand new it’ll shoot better than this old worn out one I’m currently limping along with! ?
What stock and color is this?

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 7.29.26 PM.png

I got the chance to pick up my Ravage today from my FFL. The photo doesn't do it justice but I just figured I'd snap a picture from my phone to throw in here. I put my TBAC 22 Takedown, Vortex PST II 5-25 in ARC rings, and my Harris with the ADM rail adapter on there. As pictured it weighs 14.5 lbs but I didn't buy it for offhand shooting so I'm not bothered. The whole rifle feels solid and the TriggerTech Diamond is the best single stage trigger I've ever felt. Looking forward to seeing how this whole system performs.

Got my second Vudoo in today . MPA Competition chassis , trigger tech diamond, 18” Ace Kukri
Looks good. If I may ask - what color combination is that on action/barrel and chassis? I have a Vudoo on order and I'm thinking yours (including scope) is exactly what I chose other than I specified a 20" barrel. I'm wavering on whether I want a more "colorful" combination (NRA Blue chassis - I've seen a couple and kinda like it; the red might be too much).

I can't believe I'm posting on a shooting forum about what color my new rifle might be... but if I'm gonna spend this kind of coin on a .22, I'll consider every freckle on the thing... :unsure:

Reactions: NeverSurrender07
after everything i have read about 22lr (i have a 16" vudoo) is there any difference in barrel length and accuracy?

we are using scopes so sight radius is out the door
22lr ammo supposedly i full burn in 14-15" of barrel

some books have said that a choked barrel is the way to go
other books say that a longer barrel stabilizes the MV/ reduces ES.

does anyone have 2 vudoo's with diff length barrels with some actual data?
preferable without a can up front

thanks

Not an apples-to-apples comparison, but the ACE 18" Ranch bbl on V-22 #3 shoots almost as well as the Krieger 22" sendero & Bartlein 22" Kukri on #1 & #2. Ranch is a much lighter contour than either sendero or Kukri, so there's that to consider. Personally, I don't like the appearance of the shorter bbls. I wanted a 22" Ranch, VGW just couldn't provide one, since their ACE blanks are all too short to allow for that length. I went with 26" finished length on the Benchmark & Lilja blanks I ordered for my jelrod-converted 40X & XB repeaters, and they shot groups comparable to the 22" bbls. However, it didn't take long for me to realize I'd have been happier & better off with something shorter than those two 26" bbls, especially when running a 6" suppressor on them, and especially when shooting stages with a barricade. I've gained experience shooting 22RF rifles as I went, and don't think the earliest targets I shot with the two 40Xs were as good as what I could shoot with the same rifles & ammo today. Bottom line - the three rifles I shoot most often today have 22" bbls, and they all shoot as least as good as anything I've shot before, including Anschutz 1611 & 2011 rifles with 27"/690mm bbls. And speaking of Anschutz - they offer (or used to offer) shorter bbls (500mm/19.7") in their top-of-the-line 2013 rifles, with a bloop tube to extend length for front sight mounting.

Whatever - I don't care for the appearance/proportions of 16"-18" bbls on a 40x or V-22 at all. I think a 22" bbl provides better balance, along with more attractive appearance. That's just my personal preference - but there's also a practical consideration - if you're shooting w/o a suppressor, the longer bbl also produces less muzzle blast. Pick what you want - it's your money...but you asked, and so I voiced my opinion.

Reactions: Covertnoob5
Looks good. If I may ask - what color combination is that on action/barrel and chassis? I have a Vudoo on order and I'm thinking yours (including scope) is exactly what I chose other than I specified a 20" barrel. I'm wavering on whether I want a more "colorful" combination (NRA Blue chassis - I've seen a couple and kinda like it; the red might be too much).

I can't believe I'm posting on a shooting forum about what color my new rifle might be... but if I'm gonna spend this kind of coin on a .22, I'll consider every freckle on the thing... :unsure:
It’s gun metal grey

Reactions: DownhillFromHere
Well gentlemen, I finally pulled the trigger on a V22. I went with an Apparition in an MPA BA Comp. Will be putting a Viper PST GEN 2 5-25 on it. I also purchased 3 extra mags and the Vudoo bore guide. I think I’m pretty set up and can’t wait for it to get in. It will be a long 8 weeks. LOL.

Nice Malcolm the race is on I order one yesterday also! Have you found any data on what the Vudoo’s like to shoot out the barrels (40gr bullets ) what brands ?

Nice Malcolm the race is on I order one yesterday also! Have you found any data on what the Vudoo’s like to shoot out the barrels (40gr bullets ) what brands ?

Lots of that info in this thread and others. For me it loved almost everything I put through it at 50 yards but for longer range out to 300+ you want lower SDs and Lapua Center X, Fed UM22 GMM, and Eley Match and Edge all did great for the longer range stuff. SK Rifle was good to but higher spreads.

Reactions: TIMMYTOY
Lots of that info in this thread and others. For me it loved almost everything I put through it at 50 yards but for longer range out to 300+ you want lower SDs and Lapua Center X, Fed UM22 GMM, and Eley Match and Edge all did great for the longer range stuff. SK Rifle was good to but higher spreads.
Rob01. That is what I have been reading. But I purchase 500 rounds of Center X. So I will try that out first. I never saw or read about the Fed UM22 GMM I will have to do a search. Thanks for the info.

Great info thank you I’ve heard Eley match is popular will have to do research here on the forum .
How long have you had your Vudoo? Is it super accurate ? No feed and extraction issues.seems like Rutgers have issues with extraction. What chassis do you have?

Rob01. That is what I have been reading. But I purchase 500 rounds of Center X. So I will try that out first. I never saw or read about the Fed UM22 GMM I will have to do a search. Thanks for the info.

I think there is some info in this thread or one of the other Vudoo threads with Fed UM22 info. I know I posted some last year. I had heard they were discontinuing it but still see it for sale. The Center X will do just as well.

Timmy, had mine since around October 2017. I one of the first ones with serial number of 10. Very accurate rifle. The only issues I ran in to were ammo related when using Eley CMP bulk box. Shot ok but a good amount of extraction issue. Not due to the rifle though. The ammo was varying greatly in size. Anything else I ran through it worked 100% for reliability. I don't have mine in a chassis per se but it's in a Manners PRS2 with a mini chassis. Here is a pic.

IMG_2156.JPG

Sweet looking. Like all guns will have to try a few different brands of ammo and see but at least it’s nice to have a good starting point.

Have to head out to work but would like to hear about ur groups and range distances. Thanks

I just got back from the range shooting my Ravage for the first time. My father and I both took turns on the gun. A total of 40 rounds of Lapua Center-X were shot, 35 of which were at 50 yards and 5 were at 25 yards to get it zeroed. All groups were 5 round groups.

Largest group was 0.5" at 50 yards, both of the largest groups were within the first 15 rounds through the rifle. The smallest was roughly 0.2", the average of 7 five shot groups was about 0.35" as a rough estimate though it would be a bit smaller if the first two groups were not included.

Last edited:
Have to head out to work but would like to hear about ur groups and range distances. Thanks

Here is some Eley edge at 50yards. 10 shopts on left and 8 on right. 230 yards was the farthest i shot a group and it was with Center X if i remeber correctly. Right at about 2".

IMG_1594.JPG

Some Eley match at 100 yards and then some Center X

IMG_1403.JPG
IMG_1402.JPG

Reactions: NBot
Wow nice I hope when mine shows up it performs like that ! Just what I’m looking for and paying for hahha

Reactions: Rob01
Just got my first V22 set up. This was a 20" Kukri barreled action that Mike posted as an over run. My other V22 will be here in a month or so and is a 22" Bartlein with graphite black cerakote. Heading to the range tomorrow and Monday. Fortunately my club has a 100 yard underground rifle tube so I don't have to shoot outside in the cold.

VudooV22 20.jpg

Played around last night and made a brass catcher...tired of picking brass between little cracks..,

Little prototype, next I’ll put a small box on the right side to hold the box of Ammo.
Knocked it over more than once...

Old scope ring and some plastic, holds about 60-80 shells

Attachments

• 11C0A4C5-36F7-4E34-81C0-25E2FD023B43.jpeg
    11C0A4C5-36F7-4E34-81C0-25E2FD023B43.jpeg
    348.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 9FCA26F6-849C-4758-97DA-173A627AE34D.jpeg
    9FCA26F6-849C-4758-97DA-173A627AE34D.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 130
  • D408FB0C-D093-4567-BF37-ACD6A3470664.jpeg
    D408FB0C-D093-4567-BF37-ACD6A3470664.jpeg
    375.2 KB · Views: 148
I have a brass catcher (caldwell)on my AR it slides on a tab that attaches to the rail so you can remove easily and buy extra tabs to fits other firearms.

Looked kind of big from the web for this little bolt action. Any pics

A Vudoo 22 shot three consecutive 440yrd hits (12"X12" steel plates) at the Inaugural Desert Sportman's Club ELR 22lr Rimfire Match today.

Last edited: