• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Will a standard Remington 700 bolt disassembly tool work on the Vudoo bolt?

I am not sure about a 700 disassembly tool. However I have taken mine apart exactly like I do with a 700 bolt, I use a small square cut block of hardwood and unscrew it. Pretty simple...

I am not sure about a 700 disassembly tool. However I have taken mine apart exactly like I do with a 700 bolt, I use a small square cut block of hardwood and unscrew it. Pretty simple...
Thank you Jbell, I have worked with me before and instructions are necessary...

While lot testing Center-X a year ago, I found one lot out of about a dozen that shot really well - considerably better than any of the other lots. But by the time I'd waited for decent enough conditions to do the testing, that lot had dried-up, and there didn't seem to be any more of it available. My original V-22 w/Krieger bbl is out in Mesa at the Lapua Test Center - I'm hoping they'll find at least one lot of Center-X that shoots really well in it...if not, maybe there's some Midas+ that'll work. I'm looking for a case or two of some ammo that'll perform at least out to 300yds - the SK Rifle Match I have is plenty good enough to use out to 150yds. Also intend to contact the nearest dealer listed on Capstone's info to get some test sample lots of the new SK LR Match when it becomes generally available. I used to deal with Grafs, but they're apparently no longer interested in working with me when it comes to supplying a few boxes of lots in stock for testing.

While lot testing Center-X a year ago, I found one lot out of about a dozen that shot really well - considerably better than any of the other lots. But by the time I'd waited for decent enough conditions to do the testing, that lot had dried-up, and there didn't seem to be any more of it available. My original V-22 w/Krieger bbl is out in Mesa at the Lapua Test Center - I'm hoping they'll find at least one lot of Center-X that shoots really well in it...if not, maybe there's some Midas+ that'll work. I'm looking for a case or two of some ammo that'll perform at least out to 300yds - the SK Rifle Match I have is plenty good enough to use out to 150yds. Also intend to contact the nearest dealer listed on Capstone's info to get some test sample lots of the new SK LR Match when it becomes generally available. I used to deal with Grafs, but they're apparently no longer interested in working with me when it comes to supplying a few boxes of lots in stock for testing.

I found this place on line and it appears you can buy boxes of different lots. I haven't used them yet, but will be contacting them soon. I ordered my Vudoo on Friday, so I have some time.

https://goodshootinginc.com/index.php?categoryID=581

From my experience goodshooting.com is an excellent company! I will continue to order through them, good pricing and fast helpful service.

Reactions: WadeKow
Will a standard Remington 700 bolt disassembly tool work on the Vudoo bolt?

It doesn't fit the shroud (Gen1) perfectly, but it fits well enough to do the job. I'm designing a Vudoo specific tool that we'll intro soon.

MB

From my experience goodshooting.com is an excellent company! I will continue to order through them, good pricing and fast helpful service.
Uhhh, I just browsed to that URL and it's a shell up for sale...?

I looked at GoodShooting's website a few days ago because I was wanting to order a few boxes of different lots of Polar Biathlon. Yes, they had several lots, but IIRC, they had very low inventory of the lot#s that were listed. However, they're listed as dealers on Capstone Precision's list, so should have access to whatever lots Capstone has in inventory in Sedalia, Mo. Need to call them Monday to see what I can come up with.

I sent my original V-22/Krieger off to Mesa to be tested at the Lapua Test Center, but don't know that they had any Polar Biathlon available for testing, and that's one grade of Lapua that's what I was wanting to try. I had one lot of Polar that was pretty good, but the last lot I bought from Grafs was not-so-hot, with quite a few louder & quieter reports that showed-up very obviously over the chrono as well as on steel at 210yds. I wouldn't shoot that stuff in a match if it was given to me, as I've had as much as 10" of vertical with it at 210. I'm hopeful that the data I get back from Arizona will allow me to purchase quantity of ammo the Krieger likes...guess there's no real point in jumping into buying more samples to test until I get that info back.

What brand of ammo are you guys noticing shoot best out of your rifles? I live in Southern California and decent .22 is hard to come by, so I’ll have to ship to an FFL. Trying to limit that as much as possible and just get a 5,000 round case.
The challenge with ammo is few have access to a 100yd indoor range. The environmental variables impact .22 rimfire much more than centerfire so group accuracy usually has variables that can be difficult to define. Most ammo will print reasonable groups at 50yds, 100 & 200yds are the defining ranges when shooting bullseye for score.

That said my 18" Ace barrel has done surprisingly well with CCI SV, SK Standard Plus, SK Pistol Match out to 200yds. RWS R50 has printed the tightest 20 round 200yd group when I test it along with Center-X, Eley Tenex, and Federal GM Ultramatch. Though the CCI and SK ammo isn't far off the others based on actual match scoring. I'll reiterate the environmental variables issue because our range has wicked swirling winds, in one 10 minute 10 round 200yd match the flags will display every direction possible and many times the 25 & 50yd flags are opposite the 150 yd flag. It's enough to drive you crazy.

If you really want to know, send your action to Lapua in AZ for testing since Vudoo went the extra mile to send an action fixture to them for testing purposes. I believe they'll test SK and Lapua for you so you have cost effective and premium choices.

Bottom line is my Vudoo rifle was an exceptional investment. (y)

The challenge with ammo is few have access to a 100yd indoor range. The environmental variables impact .22 rimfire much more than centerfire so group accuracy usually has variables that can be difficult to define. Most ammo will print reasonable groups at 50yds, 100 & 200yds are the defining ranges when shooting bullseye for score.

That said my 18" Ace barrel has done surprisingly well with CCI SV, SK Standard Plus, SK Pistol Match out to 200yds. RWS R50 has printed the tightest 20 round 200yd group when I test it along with Center-X, Eley Tenex, and Federal GM Ultramatch. Though the CCI and SK ammo isn't far off the others based on actual match scoring. I'll reiterate the environmental variables issue because our range has wicked swirling winds, in one 10 minute 10 round 200yd match the flags will display every direction possible and many times the 25 & 50yd flags are opposite the 150 yd flag. It's enough to drive you crazy.

If you really want to know, send your action to Lapua in AZ for testing since Vudoo went the extra mile to send an action fixture to them for testing purposes. I believe they'll test SK and Lapua for you so you have cost effective and premium choices.

Bottom line is my Vudoo rifle was an exceptional investment. (y)
What’s the normal turn around time for the testing at Lapua?

I have an appointment with Lapua on the 22nd. I'm taking 2 Vudoos up for testing. When I get back I'll post up a little review of the process and experience. I'm hoping to find 1 lot that works great in both rifles and if we find it I plan to order enough to last us a few years.

In the past they had the ammo at the facility. Now they only keep test ammo there and you can order from Capstone's main facility to have it drop shipped to your location.

These rifles have become our most used and lover rifles over the past 6 months so if I can find a magic bullet to stock up on it will be the last little mini hurdle to jump. They shoot everything well and some things very well. I'm looking for something beyond that.

I have an appointment with Lapua on the 22nd. I'm taking 2 Vudoos up for testing. When I get back I'll post up a little review of the process and experience. I'm hoping to find 1 lot that works great in both rifles and if we find it I plan to order enough to last us a few years.

In the past they had the ammo at the facility. Now they only keep test ammo there and you can order from Capstone's main facility to have it drop shipped to your location.

These rifles have become our most used and lover rifles over the past 6 months so if I can find a magic bullet to stock up on it will be the last little mini hurdle to jump. They shoot everything well and some things very well. I'm looking for something beyond that.
May I ask what barrels are on the test rifles?

What brand of ammo are you guys noticing shoot best out of your rifles? I live in Southern California and decent .22 is hard to come by, so I’ll have to ship to an FFL. Trying to limit that as much as possible and just get a 5,000 round case.
Lapua X-ACT shoots the best in mine.

Has anyone tried barrel tuners yet.
They are a standard in 22lr benchrest.

I was told that tuners are effective on longer barrelled rifles (greater than 20").

Took my Vudoo to a local benchrest match. Shot off a bipod with a rear bag and took first in "Heavy Scope". The X-ACT is ridiculously consistent stuff.

I plan on putting a tuner on mine when it arrives. I went with a 22" barrel(longest available) specifically with the intent of tuning it. From the research I've done, a tuner works best on barrels 22 to 25 inches long. I just ordered my Vudoo last week, so it'll be a few months before I'll be able to post any feedback about my tuning results.

Reactions: Behindenemylines
20190205_113745.jpg
20190205_113830.jpg
Couple of 10 shot groups at 100 yards with the Lapua X-ACT. Fairly windy day, all other brands had a flyer or two.

That's the sort of accuracy I'd want if shooting smallbore bullseye or BR matches, but $23/box is a bit much for the PRS-style 22RF matches I shoot. I'm hoping that they find an exceptional lot of Center-X or Midas+ for me while my bbl'd action is at Mesa - I need something that's good enough at 200-300yds to be competitive for the few targets we shoot at those distances. A case or two of that would last at least a couple of years at the rate I'm going.

I bought two cases of SK Rifle Match a year ago, and still have just over a case of it left, along with more than half a case of SK Pistol Match - these two grades of ammo will keep me going for practice & matches out to 150yds for at least another year; by then, I'll have had an opportunity to try the new SK LR Match, which may or may not be good enough to shoot at 200-300.

The attached photo is of a full-size IPSC target shot from 210yds with a fairly new 22" Bartlein Kukri V-22: 20rds Lapua Center-X in the head, 20rds Lapua Polar Biathlon on the left, and 10rds of some old Wolf Match Extra on the right. None of these display the type of accuracy I'm looking for, but the Center-X is close. This lot of Polar had an ES of 55 the last time I ran it over the chrono, with very strong correlation between the louder & quieter shots having higher & lower velocities, and hitting higher or lower on the target. It's not acceptable for our purposes. Obviously, the Wolf is crap, and though I haven't tried it yet at 50yds, I doubt it's good enough even that close to be worth much more than plinking at tin cans.

Attachments

• DSC_1194.JPG
    DSC_1194.JPG
    357.7 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: Behindenemylines
Nice to see St. George Utah on your caller id. My barreled action is on the way. About 5 weeks or so since I ordered.

Reactions: usafa77
Wow, order times have dropped. I ordered a 22” Bartlein Kukri barreled action on 1/4 and it is being shipped out today. I love seeing St. George, UT show up on my caller ID! Jill has been great to work with and so has everyone else at Vudoo who I’ve interacted with. Truly a first class company with the customer always being placed first. Can’t wait for it to arrive! Thanks Vudoo, hope it shoots as well as the 20” Ace Kukri.

Last edited:
Reactions: JPOPS and RAVAGE88
I ordered 22" Bartlein Kukri & 18" ACE Ranch bbl'd actions at the same time, but wound up taking an overstock Kukri with the same 22" Bartlein as what I'd ordered. Got the Kukri a week or two sooner than the Ranch, and was extremely pleased with how good it shot. With all the wet/snowy winter weather we've had here, there's really only one place I can shoot, and it winds up being 210yds to a full-sized steel IPSC target. So, I've wound up shooting several brands/grades of 22RF Match ammo at 210 out of the little lightweight 18" Ranch, and it's surprised me at how well it compares to the much heavier, more stable 22" Kukri. Don't have any photos of groups out of each rifle on the target, but that little Ranch has shot as well as the Kukri with a couple of grades of ammo. The Ranch is in a Manners EH2 stock with a Midas TAC 6-24x50, while the Kukri is in a PRS1 with a Cronus 4.5-29x56; both have TT Diamond triggers, and I've been shooting both off Harris bipods with rear bag, whether off the bench or prone. Based on this experience, I wouldn't hesitate to order an ACE if it was quicker to get one, or for any other reason, as opposed to asking for a Bartlein.

Reactions: dwt
May I ask what barrels are on the test rifles?

Both rifles are 18" Kukri profiles. One is a Bartlien and the other is an Ace.

Quikdraw, if it shot a one hole group at 200, you'd want it at 250!

Our rifles both shoot well out to distance... and everywhere is really. I'm a 22lr realist nowadays but yes I still want performance. Start that by buying the best performing tactical precision rifle on the market. Add to that a consistent performing ammunition balancing cost and consistency. Put both together and just shoot with a smile on my face.

I don't expect 1 hole at 250. Just consistent results that I can depend on to compete in matches. Benchrest at 50 yards, yeah 1 hole. NRL22 I expect to hit every target I can call right and make a good shot. ELR22 I want to compete with the best and then try not to mess up the wind call.

That shouldn't be too much to expect.

Both rifles are 18" Kukri profiles. One is a Bartlien and the other is an Ace.
Perfect, looking forward to your test results. (y)

My 18" Ace has also shot numerous ammo types well and a few very well at 50/100/200. With the exception of RWS R50 it tends to favor Lapua/SK offerings, though it's no slouch with CCI SV which my frugal retired arse truly appreciates for respectable practice sessions. :)

Wow, order times have dropped. I ordered a 22” Bartlein Kukri barreled action on 1/4 and it is being shipped out today. I love seeing St. George, UT show up on my caller ID! Jill has been great to work with and so has everyone else at Vudoo who I’ve interacted with. Truly a first class company with the customer always being placed first. Can’t wait for it to arrive! Thanks Vudoo, hope it shoots as well as the 20” Ace Kukri.

Thank you for the comments Longrange, we're running five to six weeks right now with some builds taking closer to our quoted eight week delivery. Happy to hear you received the call, reach out anytime if you need anything.

MB

Finally gave in and called Vudoo yesterday. It was very nice to call a company that actually answered the phone and then took as much time as I needed to ask questions. They were very knowledgeable and I ended up ordering a little different setup than what I had in mind. I'm beyond excited after chatting with them.

Congratulations Digger (y)

Welcome to the rimfire done right club. ;)

Thanks! Waited to order until I could afford to get everything I wanted. After watching people spend months upgrading and working to get their rimfires to shoot well I knew that wasn't for me. I built this rifle to match my PRS rifle so I can practice at home. I also look forward to trying ELR with it as well.

Finally gave in and called Vudoo yesterday. It was very nice to call a company that actually answered the phone and then took as much time as I needed to ask questions. They were very knowledgeable and I ended up ordering a little different setup than what I had in mind. I'm beyond excited after chatting with them.

By far the best costumer service in the industry!

Last edited:
Well, 51st birthday is next month and haven't had a birthday present in years, so ordered my Vudoo last week; MPA tungsten, 18" Ace kukri, 30 moa rail and Timney 2 stage.
Going to use 4-16 pst gen 1 since I have one I'm not using at the moment but might try a Midas tac or something that goes down to 10 yards.
Wanted a 2 stage trigger and Paul recommended the Timney. I only have Geissele Hi speed DMR and 3 gun trigger to compare to. Question is for those that have felt the Timney, Bix n Andy, Tubb t7t, Super 700 and the new Trigger Tech which one is just the slickest got to have it? Do they work with no problems in the Vudoo?
I have a Rem 700 in 22-250 that has a factory trigger and would put my favorite in the V22.
Thanks, and now the waiting.

Well, 51st birthday is next month and haven't had a birthday present in years, so ordered my Vudoo last week; MPA tungsten, 18" Ace kukri, 30 moa rail and Timney 2 stage.
Going to use 4-16 pst gen 1 since I have one I'm not using at the moment but might try a Midas tac or something that goes down to 10 yards.
Wanted a 2 stage trigger and Paul recommended the Timney. I only have Geissele Hi speed DMR and 3 gun trigger to compare to. Question is for those that have felt the Timney, Bix n Andy, Tubb t7t, Super 700 and the new Trigger Tech which one is just the slickest got to have it? Do they work with no problems in the Vudoo?
I have a Rem 700 in 22-250 that has a factory trigger and would put my favorite in the V22.
Thanks, and now the waiting.
I don't believe the TriggerTech two-stage is actually on the market yet. Think they're trying to go for a summer rollout.

Reactions: AMTGMC