• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

My Centerfire bore guides have one but I don't use them. It really is easier to just pull the insert out and do it that way IMO...

Reactions: RyanM
I was just wondering that myself. I figure the cutout would be pretty small anyway, and hard to get your fingers in there.

So, is it better to use a stainless plain rod, or to buy a coated rod?

Keep us posted...

I read the answers, here is what I would do if it were me:

After confirming all the fasteners are tight load up a magazine with 10 rounds and chamber a round as you normally do, extract it and inspect the bullet for signs of damage & repeat for the next few rounds. If no bullet damage is noted go to the range with that same ammo and a few boxes of Lapua Center X (even if you have to order some and wait for it), and bring along everything you need to clean the barrel but don't clean the barrel just yet. Start off with the Wolf that is acting funny, if the results are the same try a magazine or two of 5 rounds, try a different magazine. If a different magazine or a magazine of 5 rounds doesn't help clean the barrel well, however if one of them does help double check the results by re-creating the low rounds and then go back to what fixed it to make sure it is repeatable. If you get to cleaning the barrel change to the Center X, foul the bore with 10-15 rounds and then test it with Center X.

I am recommending Center X because it is the most reliably accurate and consistent rimfire ammo I have ever tested across a wide range of barrels. It may not always be the most razors edge accurate but it is always close. I have never seen a quality custom barrel not shoot Center X well.

First step is finished.

Loaded the same mag with 10 rounds twice.
Loaded the mag in the same order as I laid them out and then reversed the order etc.

Lined them up from #10-1 left to right.

I can’t find any scuffs or markings on either # 1 or #10.

Pics imported last to first ..arrr

Top pic is 10 rd mag loaded to full capacity, 10 rounds.

Next pic is seated mag in chassis

Next pic is both 10 round mags laid out #10-#1 left to right after cycled through action.

Last pic is first 10 round mag out of the wolf Ammo box.

Should get to range this weekend.

First step is finished.

Loaded the mag in the same order as I laid them out and then reversed the order etc.

Next pic is both 10 round mags laid out #10-#1 left to right after cycled through action.

View attachment 7034419View attachment 7034420View attachment 7034421View attachment 7034422

Safe to say it is not bullet damage from feeding, not that I really anticipated it with the V22 action and magazine system.

Reactions: maraviadave
50y was sub moa (3/4'ish) and 100 was right at moa. Those result were at the worse, at least during my tests. I'll need to get out and get some strings together over the next few months once I get time after snowmobile season ends. I'll get in a few practice sessions, a few precision rifle matches and a bencherest match over the next 6 weeks and by then I'll know for sure were I am. I don't expect any surprises though.

As I said previously, I learned a lot about my rifle and feel very confident what the rifle and ammo will shoot time after time. The main variables now is the environment and me, you know, the small stuff. :rolleyes:

I can live with that though. Previously I was just chasing my butt trying to figure out what was happening when things went south.

Last edited:
To those with Vudoo’s in a stock, are you seeing benefits having the action bedded? I’m sure a rimfire benefits from being bedded for a perfect fit but are results typically minimal?

Reactions: slatecaller
To those with Vudoo’s in a stock, are you seeing benefits having the action bedded? I’m sure a rimfire benefits from being bedded for a perfect fit but are results typically minimal?

Rimfire will see the same benefits from bedding as a centerfire, no difference. So it all depends on how well the action fits in the inlet. But in general if you want the most accuracy have it properly bedded.

Reactions: bmicek and Duc
I've got my 1st V-22 bedded in a Manners T4A stock, but did the bedding job before shooting it enough to establish a really solid baseline so I could say with certainty whether it helped or not. Bedding sure didn't hurt the consistency, but I wouldn't want to claim that it made a lot of difference. I put the 2nd V-22 into a Manners PRS1T after gluing pillars in, and left it at that. It's been shooting about the same as the 1st V-22 since I bedded it. My jelrod-converted 40XB is in a Manners T4A w/DBM mini chassis w/o bedding, and it shoots about the same as the two Vudoos.

There are some variables that I could mention - I used Krieger blanks in the 1st V-22 & the 40XB, and did the chambering/fitting myself with the same PTG EPS reamer. The 2nd V-22 was purchased as a bbl'd action from Vudoo with its 22" Bartlein. Not a large enough sample to make any solid claims for or against bedding, but I'm going to be putting the 1st V-22 into the PRS1T that the 2nd one is in, just as soon as I get another PRS1T stock in a different camo color that I ordered for the 2nd V-22. I'm planning to shoot both rifles enough to establish a baseline before making a decision whether to bed them or not. You might consider the fact that I'm probably going to be very short on time this spring, as all the snow & rain we've gotten this winter has kept me from being able to do any of the advanced/early farm work I'd normally have done, and it looks like I'm going to be one busy old guy trying to get everything done that I really need to do, let alone find the time to bed a couple of rifles. IOW, if I don't have one or the other of them bedded by the time our first .22RF PR Match rolls around, and IF I've got time to shoot that match, I won't let the fact that they're not bedded stop me from going to the match.

Reactions: bmicek
I just torque mine down into the Manners with the mini chassis.

Reactions: bjay
My first Vudoo hasn't even arrived yet and I'm already contemplating my next one. Has anyone put aperture sights on their Vudoo yet? I already have an Anschutz set up with them, but thought it would be kinda cool to throw irons on a Vudoo. The front sight would be easy to mount using a tuner with an bloop tube attached. I found a pic rail to 11mm dovetail adapter that might do the trick for mounting the rear sight, as long as it doesn't sit to high. For a cleaner look, I think I'd have a custom dovetail rail built though.

Rob01, curious what torque values you are using front and rear with the mini-chassis?

7035491This showed up yesterday?
7035490Just threw a scope on it so I could get a few rounds down the barrel. Probably getting a midas tac.
703549912 or 13 round group after sighting in.

First mag fails to feed last round but second mag worked flawlessly. Didn't try the other two yet. It was 37 degrees and sun going down so I was limited on time.
So far very happy with my purchase.
Thanks Paul, Jill and everyone at VGW!

Rob01, curious what torque values you are using front and rear with the mini-chassis?

The Manners specified 65 in/lbs front and 45 in/lbs rear. Use that in all my rifles with the mini chassis.

Reactions: StrayDog
View attachment 7035491This showed up yesterday?
View attachment 7035490Just threw a scope on it so I could get a few rounds down the barrel. Probably getting a midas tac.
View attachment 703549912 or 13 round group after sighting in.

First mag fails to feed last round but second mag worked flawlessly. Didn't try the other two yet. It was 37 degrees and sun going down so I was limited on time.
Thanks Paul, Jill and
View attachment 7035490Just threw a scope on it so I could get a few rounds down the barrel. Probably getting a midas tac.

Very nice! At what distance were you shooting from?

Nope. Just have always done what they recommend and it has worked so never messed with it.

What length barrel is that?

I should have probably mentioned that I am talking from the standpoint of a completely not bedding of any kind (meaning just an inletted wood, glass, or carbon fiber stock). If you have pillars that have been installed properly, a vee block like the mini chassis or any chassis for that matter then going further to completely bed the action in Marine Tex, Devcon, or whatever will not make a drastic change.

I am of the opinion that if the action is bedded properly the torque of the screws should not (and from my experience) does not make much of a difference. With that said I do torque mine, usually up to but no more than 65 lbin and I try all the way down to 25 lbin. Very seldom have I seen any real change.

Reactions: bjay and StrayDog
I have a question for those that have the Vuddo bore guide. I have not had any luck searching for a .20 or .177 call cleaning rod with adapter that can use the VFG cleaning pellets. If someone would be so kind to provide links to where I could purchase these items it would be much appreciated. Want to have everything I need before my Vudoo shows up in a few weeks. Thanks

I use this adaper:

With this system:

But I modified mine by threading them together and chucking the part of the VFG jag that you slip inside of the felt up in an electric drill. I then used sand paper to turn it all down to about 20 cal with a nice radius on both ends. Works pretty slick, the only trick from this point is to thread the felt on the jag as opposed to simply slipping it on. When you thread it on the OD of the felt is reduced just enough so that if your careful it will not snag on the ejector. A little trial and error and you will have it down no trouble.

Reactions: huntingthem
First step is finished.

View attachment 7034419View attachment 7034420View attachment 7034421View attachment 7034422
I’ll post a few videos but:
Seems that the first 1-2 shots from a 10 round mag are more often than not low.

Took a mag loaded 10 shot one removed mag loaded one to top off etc.
5 times in a row. First (#10) was more much erratic 1.5 moa+.
After the first 5 #10 “shots” I used the rest of the mag and shots 7-3 were half moa at 100.
Did the same with the same mag but only loaded to 5 each time (shot one, removed mag loaded one back to 5 rounds in mag), didn’t have the same dispersion.
Consistently seems that if I load a 10 round mag with 10 and go through the kind of quick I get a 1/3 moa group at 100 yards from #6/7 to shot 3/4. I mean all 3-5 shots touching at 100.
That with wolf match extra.
Same with wolf match target but slightly larger.

After the first 5 #10 “shots” I used the rest of the mag and shots 7-3 were half moa at 100.
Did the same with the same mag but only loaded to 5 each time (shot one, removed mag loaded one back to 5 rounds in mag), didn’t have the same dispersion.
Consistently seems that if I load a 10 round mag with 10 and go through the kind of quick I get a 1/3 moa group at 100 yards from #6/7 to shot 3/4. I mean all 3-5 shots touching at 100.

This is really interesting...can't wait to hear the fix.

@brianf
Assume you are shooting a fouled bore?
Assuming outdoors, wind conditions?
Primer strikes look uniform? (Wolf/Eley brass is dense)
Have you tried with different mags?
Do your mags seat securely in the well?
Have you tried feeding 10 single rounds by hand?
Have you checked the travel of the mag follower through the range? I had some that were tight and would hang at the top range of the travel the botton and pin clearance to the mag body was a little tight in spots thus creating friction/bind.

As noted I would test Center-X with a clean chamber, muzzle, and bore.

……. just thinking out loud.

FWIW - My gun appears to shoot SK Pistol Match and Center-X more consistently than Wolf Match Extra.

@brianf
Assume you are shooting a fouled bore?

Fouled bore same lot number

Assuming outdoors, wind conditions?

Indoor underground 100 tube

Primer strikes look uniform? (Wolf/Eley brass is dense)

Have noticed that some of the elf ammo is hard to close the bolt on

Have you tried with different mags?

I have 2 seems relatively consistent

Do your mags seat securely in the well?

Aics chassis clIck in well, there is some forward aft movement, but bith are the same

Have you tried feeding 10 single rounds by hand?

Haven't tried 10 by hand, initially tried 1-2 but didn't feed well with mag. Maybe with out mag next time.

Have you checked the travel of the mag follower through the range? I had some that were tight and would hang at the top range of the travel the botton and pin clearance to the mag body was a little tight in spots thus creating friction/bind.

Going to play with that next but all rimed stuff never feels smooth to me, maybe I'll pay attention more

As noted I would test Center-X with a clean chamber, muzzle, and bore.

Couldn't get in time, still in transit.

……. just thinking out loud.

FWIW - My gun appears to shoot SK Pistol Match and Center-X more consistently than Wolf Match Extra.

I have rws and ski stuff I'll try out next range session

I think Im going to get a voodoo for sure. I had a question about compatability. I was thinking about getting the v22 barreled action (left handed) and putting it in a cadex field QD chasis. First off I dont know anything about bolt guns (all I have is gas guns). Will this action work in this chasis and will this chassis work left handed? After I buy the action and chassis what do I need to do then? Do I need to send it into a smith or is instalation easy enough for me to do myself? I build all my own gas guns but like I said I dont know anything about bolt actions.

Same magazine every time? or did you try different magazines?
Maybe try and determine if it is a "pressure on the bolt thing" or if it is caused by feeding out of a fully loaded magazine by with a 10 round magazine chamber a round, drop the mag shoot the shot & repeat. Determine if it happens with the magazine out of the rifle... Just a thought

Same magazine every time? or did you try different magazines?
Maybe try and determine if it is a "pressure on the bolt thing" or if it is caused by feeding out of a fully loaded magazine by with a 10 round magazine chamber a round, drop the mag shoot the shot & repeat. Determine if it happens with the magazine out of the rifle... Just a thought

Tried 2 mags (have 2)...I should have tried that.

Funny part is if I do my job and it’s not pissing me off lol, the damn thing puts 3-4 in a cluster, can’t believe how accurate a 22 could be.

2 mags. Then tried 5 shots in mag, shoot one drop mag reload one more insert mag shoot drop mag etc.

Not nearly as much discretion.

Can you load the rifle one at a time?

Ill keep mag out and try one at a time etc.

Tried 2 mags (have 2)...I should have tried that.

Funny part is if I do my job and it’s not pissing me off lol, the damn thing puts 3-4 in a cluster, can’t believe how accurate a 22 could be.

2 mags. Then tried 5 shots in mag, shoot one drop mag reload one more insert mag shoot drop mag etc.

Not nearly as much discretion.

Can you load the rifle one at a time?

Ill keep mag out and try one at a time etc.
I've found .22lr's are sensitive to any shooter induced input/influence. You really have to do your part as the shooter. The serious benchrest guys I shoot against only touch the 2-4 oz trigger when shooting.

I'm guessing much of it has to do with the amount of time the bullet is in the barrel compared to the .17 rimfires or centerfire calibers.

Mike Bush & VGW have a single shot adaptor designed, and I thought they were ready to start selling them. You take the existing ejector out & replace it with the SS adaptor, and there ya go - single load to your heart's content. Just as easy to go back to using magazines - should be quick 'n easy to swap back & forth.

ETA - I've never had any of my three V-22s do what you're describing. Looking forward to hearing what's been causing your issue, and what was needed to fix it.

I agree with Sieg, 22lr are very susceptible to shooter input mainly because of the time in bore (short barrels of the Vudoo helps). I am not sure this is the case where it is so isolated on the 1 round or 2 of a string, but definitely something to look at.

Also like Flatland1 said, I have never seen a rifle behave like this before so I too am very interested in what is going on...

ill call vudoo today and see about single loading. and ill cut the videos and post.
i was screwing with the mount so the videos are choppy

thanks

Ty sir..whats the minimum parallex for those scope?

Sure thing. Minimum parallax is 10yds. Parallax is touchy on March scopes from 100-infinity and that’s one complaint people have. Being I run it on a rimfire and majority of the time it’s 100yds or less, it’s easily manageable.