• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Picked up my rifle from the LGS yesterday.

One crappy picture at the moment, but I love it.

18" Ace Kukri barrel, TT Diamond, KRG Whiskey 3 Stock.

Waiting on ARC rings to show up, should be ready to go before the weekend! Lucky enough to have a 100 yard indoor range nearby even if the weather doesn't cooperate with me.

Are the Vodoo barrel lengths comparable to centerfire barrel lengths or do they end up shorter from the much shorter chamber on the rimfire?

Picked up my rifle from the LGS yesterday.

One crappy picture at the moment, but I love it.

18" Ace Kukri barrel, TT Diamond, KRG Whiskey 3 Stock.

Waiting on ARC rings to show up, should be ready to go before the weekend! Lucky enough to have a 100 yard indoor range nearby even if the weather doesn't cooperate with me.

View attachment 7037198
Is the stock OD color or tan?

Is the stock OD color or tan?

Its "Sako Green" its actually a pretty vibrant green if not in a crappy picture!

If you look at the KRG website you can see much better representations of the color.

Reactions: bjay
god im jelly of that 11.5lbs. mines going to be 14lbs all said and done with a 20" kukri

For the sake of NRL22 and other positional shooting, lighter isn't always better but 11.5lbs is still a good weight that I'm not worried about it being too light. Being lightweight wasn't necessarily my goal but I liked the idea of a Proof barrel so figured I'd give it a try.

I did some ammo testing today but it was 25 degrees. Otherwise, sun was shining and not a lot of wind, at least for Kansas it wasn't much wind. I only shot SK Rifle Match and SK Pistol Match as ammo that I would say is considered Match ammo. I also shot CCI SV and Gemtech 42gr (Gemtech would not extract empty cases). SK Pistol Match shot the best with a 5 shot, 100 yard group average of 0.89" with a smallest group of 0.387" but a largest group of 1.359".

Group sizes varied quite a bit across the board. Is the cool, 25 degree weather something that could have an effect of the varying group sizes I experienced across the board? There's a great number of variables that could cause it but has anyone experienced the cold weather playing a role like that?

I did some ammo testing today but it was 25 degrees. Otherwise, sun was shining and not a lot of wind, at least for Kansas it wasn't much wind. I only shot SK Rifle Match and SK Pistol Match as ammo that I would say is considered Match ammo. I also shot CCI SV and Gemtech 42gr (Gemtech would not extract empty cases). SK Pistol Match shot the best with a 5 shot, 100 yard group average of 0.89" with a smallest group of 0.387" but a largest group of 1.359".

Group sizes varied quite a bit across the board. Is the cool, 25 degree weather something that could have an effect of the varying group sizes I experienced across the board? There's a great number of variables that could cause it but has anyone experienced the cold weather playing a role like that?

Hey man that is not bad at all for 25F. I have had the opportunity (misfortune) of being able to shoot a lot of rimfire from 100f down to below zero. I have found that with all other things being equal below 40f you may start to see some accuracy drop with some ammo, right around freezing normally I notice a definite drop in accuracy, from 20f up to freezing you will see some accuracy drop for sure (some ammo more than others) along with some odd flyers that you just cant explain, in the teens it gets worse with more frequent flyers, single digits and below all bets are off.

This is with normal match ammo, not Polar or Biathlon ammo. The specialty cold weather ammo will definitely handle the cold better than the "regular" match stuff, but I have never had any specialty cold weather ammo bring the accuracy in the extreme cold conditions to the level of regular match ammo in warm weather. But maybe that is because I am a bitch and don't like the cold.

BTW the worst part of shooting in the cold is loading magazines! I am thankful to have 6 ten round magazines for my Vudoo!

Is the cool, 25 degree weather something that could have an effect of the varying group sizes I experienced across the board? There's a great number of variables that could cause it but has anyone experienced the cold weather playing a role like that?

Yes. While it wasn't in a Vudoo, I've experienced the same thing in other 22 rifles when the temperature dropped. Some ammo, such as Wolf Match Extra, had an extreme change in accuracy even at 25 yards. SK Standard plus was much less effected than the Wolf. I've bought some Lapua Polar Biathlon to compare when I'm out at the range with lower temps.

I appreciate the replies. I figured I certainly couldn't expect excellent results in 25 degree weather. Just too impatient after picking up my Vudoo a couple weeks ago! It was slightly irritating shooting a 0.6" 5 shot group at 100 just to follow it up with a 1.35" group within minutes following the previous group.

For the sake of NRL22 and other positional shooting, lighter isn't always better but 11.5lbs is still a good weight that I'm not worried about it being too light. Being lightweight wasn't necessarily my goal but I liked the idea of a Proof barrel so figured I'd give it a try.

yea thats what im building mine for. my concern is difficulty with the standing unsupported stages because its a really heavy 22lr in comparison to other rifles

those proof barrels are sexy but I cant justify the cost unfortunately. I think I'd rather sink 350 into a better scope if I had to choose, or get an atlas bipod

I have the vortex on my vudoo with low rings with kukri barrel

Gentlemen, I will be picking up my Vudoo on Friday from the LGS and will be heading out to my back pasture to zero the rifle. What distance is everyone zeroing their rifles at? 25 yards or 50 yards or 100 yards? I will be using the rifle at our local 22 lr match and shooting steel on my property.

Does anyone know if vortex precision low rings will work with a 20moa rail and Vortex Viper PST gen 2 5x25x50 scope?

On the low rings (.820) I think you may have issues with the bolt hitting the rear housing of the scope that houses the ocular lens. The Vortex Viper PST gen 2 5-25x50 scope has a large rear housing. I asked Vudoo about rings for the same scope and I believe they said to use the rings at least .920 high with that scope for enough rear clearance.
Phil G

I believe that I tried medium rings with my PST II but had to got to xtra-high to get good clearance with the bolt handle. The barrel clearance never was an issue, it's all about the bolt handle.

Hey Y’all,
My new vudoo is pretty stiff on bolt close. Is this normal? I’m surprised how tough it is to get the bolt closed sometimes. This only occurs with ammo feeding. No ammo it’s smooth.

I found it varies on ammo type. The CCI SV closes very hard. Most other stuff is way easier. I'm a newbie though but that is what I have seen.

I found it varies on ammo type. The CCI SV closes very hard. Most other stuff is way easier. I'm a newbie though but that is what I have seen.
Ok. Ordered my rifle today. Ordering my scope tomorrow I guess I will skip to the medium rings to clear the bolt. Thanks for your help.

Gentlemen, I will be picking up my Vudoo on Friday from the LGS and will be heading out to my back pasture to zero the rifle. What distance is everyone zeroing their rifles at? 25 yards or 50 yards or 100 yards? I will be using the rifle at our local 22 lr match and shooting steel on my property.

One trick that I do is, zero my rifle at 50 yards but set my zero stop so it is set at my 25 yard zero. 75 yards is 1 mil and 100 is 2.1. So it’s actually very easy to remember for me if using those yardage’s in a stage. Obviously your dope may be different but for a lot of people those holdovers are close to their own. Good luck and happy shooting!

Reactions: Mr. Z
That is exactaly what I was using was cci standard velocity. Good to know it’s not just me.

Just replied to your PM. CCI SV will most always close tight (you may find some that closes less tight, but rare). The Vudoo chamber and headspace is set up for Match quality ammo, leaning hard to favor Lapua, SK, etc.

MB

Reactions: NorthWesterner
One trick that I do is, zero my rifle at 50 yards but set my zero stop so it is set at my 25 yard zero. 75 yards is 1 mil and 100 is 2.1. So it’s actually very easy to remember for me if using those yardage’s in a stage. Obviously your dope may be different but for a lot of people those holdovers are close to their own. Good luck and happy shooting!
Thank you for your reply. That makes sense and I will set up my rifle scope that way and see how I like it. Now I have a 1 hour wait for the LGS to open up.

Just replied to your PM. CCI SV will most always close tight (you may find some that closes less tight, but rare). The Vudoo chamber and headspace is set up for Match quality ammo, leaning hard to favor Lapua, SK, etc.

MB
Makes sense. I was just shooting the sv to get some rounds down the barrel initially.

Had been considering a vudoo for a few months now. Most of the ranges close by are 250yds and under or only allow rimfire, so I don't get to shoot my main rifle as often as I would like.

Was just browsing and noticed a GAP Vudoo trainer (http://www.gaprecision.net/rifles-ready-to-ship/22-lr-vudoo-trainer-1.html). I can't figure out why its so expense (this is not a criticism of GA's work) but maybe I'm missing something?

Pretending money isn't the issue, anyone see any advantage of a GAP Vudoo vs. buying direct from Vudoo and having them drop the action in a stock? I'm seeing more and more built vudoo's with a wide range of pricing.

What's in a name....

Apparently $1600

I really don't know what GAP can do extra that Jay at VGW doesn't already do. After spending a bit of time at VGW either ordering or picking up my rifles I know the care that they take to put together a top of the line rifle. My new rifle will come factory direct as well.

Had been considering a vudoo for a few months now. Most of the ranges close by are 250yds and under or only allow rimfire, so I don't get to shoot my main rifle as often as I would like.

Was just browsing and noticed a GAP Vudoo trainer (http://www.gaprecision.net/rifles-ready-to-ship/22-lr-vudoo-trainer-1.html). I can't figure out why its so expense (this is not a criticism of GA's work) but maybe I'm missing something?

Pretending money isn't the issue, anyone see any advantage of a GAP Vudoo vs. buying direct from Vudoo and having them drop the action in a stock? I'm seeing more and more built vudoo's with a wide range of pricing.
I honestly prefer a Vudoo built rifle because they're more attuned to rimfire best practices. I looked and I really don't see where the additional $1500+ goes in that build in particular.

From what I see, the price levels are determined by: barrel (brand), trigger and stock/chassis. The receiver already has its cost, add everything up from there and get what you want. No offense to GA but I would (and did) call Vudoo to get exactly what you want straight from the company responsible for its existence.

From what I see, the price levels are determined by: barrel (brand), trigger and stock/chassis. The receiver already has its cost, add everything up from there and get what you want. No offense to GA but I would (and did) call Vudoo to get exactly what you want straight from the company responsible for its existence.
Gap does make great rig..im wondering does gap ream their own v22?
Would be interesting to see comparison vs vgw built

unless your going to bed the action and you arent sure how etc, i see no reason.

from a monday night, while i was on my phone on vacation with the kids:
i bought a vudoo from mile high
bought a AX chassis from here

when i got home:

took a trigger off a rem 700 build that i dont really shoot much anymore (2 pins, one was making me F-ing nuts)
action showed up friday UPS
put the whole think together in 1-2 hours on a friday night
had a scope and spuhr mount i grabbed from same 700

went to the range on saturday and made little knots on the target
you dont need to do more than that

maybe it could be "better" but im not sure how

I know the answer that I am going to get is, "Give the nice folks at Vudoo a call, and they can answer all your questions, and be polite about it too, " but before I do the easy thing, let me just ask. If I order a rifle with a scope and a bipod (assuming they sell what I want), do I save any money? Or, would I be better off shopping around for the best price on the scope and bipod? Would Vudoo do a general sight in on the scope, or do they just screw it on? My preference would be to get it all from Vudoo, and give them the business, but I have heard great things about some other Hide members, and the great service and prices you get on stuff when you call and tell them you are a Hide member?

Pictures or it did not happen right? Well I have my Vudoo in hand it is so awesome. The fit and finish is out of this world. And my only complaint is that I was only able to 50 rounds down the barrel before it started pouring down rain. But in those 50 rounds I have fallen in love with this Vudoo and hopefully tomorrow I will be able to give a full range report. It is definitely a 1 hole gun. Just wish I was able to get the target to the house before it started pouring rain.

Attachments

• 25A3E1AD-D6FB-4B21-B1BB-6281997C5915.jpeg
    25A3E1AD-D6FB-4B21-B1BB-6281997C5915.jpeg
    621.6 KB · Views: 197
Reactions: winniethepooh
Pictures or it did not happen right? Well I have my Vudoo in hand it is so awesome. The fit and finish is out of this world. And my only complaint is that I was only able to 50 rounds down the barrel before it started pouring down rain. But in those 50 rounds I have fallen in love with this Vudoo and hopefully tomorrow I will be able to give a full range report. It is definitely a 1 hole gun. Just wish I was able to get the target to the house before it started pouring rain.
Very nice set up. What rings are those

18” barrel?

18” barrel?
Yes it is an 18” Vudoo Barrel in the Kukri contour. I like it. It looks great and it shoots great. I had a break in the rain and was able to 40 shots at 25 yards in before it started raining again. These are 10 shot groups with Lapua Center X. This is shots 51 to 90 through the barrel. I will be taking it out to 50 and 100 yards tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• F6BE69BA-24D1-4FC8-89A5-DE9BB5604A70.jpeg
    F6BE69BA-24D1-4FC8-89A5-DE9BB5604A70.jpeg
    372.3 KB · Views: 99
  • B3FA2FA2-B37E-451D-B85D-1ACABBC3542D.jpeg
    B3FA2FA2-B37E-451D-B85D-1ACABBC3542D.jpeg
    412.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 1B8DECBB-9FBF-4471-B9EE-3628D9BF3BDC.jpeg
    1B8DECBB-9FBF-4471-B9EE-3628D9BF3BDC.jpeg
    392.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 69C08246-A961-4C3C-A066-65C4B8DCF633.jpeg
    69C08246-A961-4C3C-A066-65C4B8DCF633.jpeg
    480.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Yes it is an 18” Vudoo Barrel in the Kukri contour. I like it. It looks great and it shoots great. I had a break in the rain and was able to 40 shots at 25 yards in before it started raining again. These are 10 shit groups with Lapua Center X. This is shots 51 to 90 through the barrel. I will be taking it out to 50 and 100 yards tomorrow morning.

Doesn't look like a shit group to me. :)

I know the answer that I am going to get is, "Give the nice folks at Vudoo a call, and they can answer all your questions, and be polite about it too, " but before I do the easy thing, let me just ask. If I order a rifle with a scope and a bipod (assuming they sell what I want), do I save any money? Or, would I be better off shopping around for the best price on the scope and bipod? Would Vudoo do a general sight in on the scope, or do they just screw it on? My preference would be to get it all from Vudoo, and give them the business, but I have heard great things about some other Hide members, and the great service and prices you get on stuff when you call and tell them you are a Hide member?

I ordered a complete rifle with scope and bipod. I might have saved a few bucks shopping around, but my rifle was complete with scope mounted, leveled and bore sighted. Bipod was mounted. All I did was take it out of the box and I started shooting smaller groups than I had with previous rifles. First group was an inch or two off, so I tweaked the scope and in a few minutes I was sighted in at 50 yards. The next morning I shot it at distance to check my dope, and that afternoon I won a local long range match. It just doesn't get any better. If somebody likes to tinker you might save a little bit, but mine was ready to run right out of the box.

What base did you use? Are Vudoos bases steel or aluminum?