• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Well after owning my Vudoo for 24 hours all I can say is that it is going to cost me a lot of money on ammunition. I have shot 250 round of Lapua Center X and I plan on shooting another 250 rounds tomorrow. I know that Lapua is the best of the best and boy does my gun love it but how is Prime’s 22LR ammunition? I had good luck with Prime in my 6.5 creed and would hope that I could get decent results with their 22LR. I know it won’t be like Center X but looking for a range ammunition for fun and for high volume shooting and save the Center X for matches. What is everyone’s opinion on Prime or is there and better cost alternative that I should look at?

Prime .22 does not have a good rep. I know a few people who have tried it and not been happy. You want a less costly ammo then try the SK offerings. Rifle match works well and even standard does ok out to about 100 yards.

Prime .22 does not have a good rep. I know a few people who have tried it and not been happy. You want a less costly ammo then try the SK offerings. Rifle match works well and even standard does ok out to about 100 yards.
Rob01 thank you for your input. I will look at SK and may order a case to try out. I will say that I thought PRS style of shooting was addictive but this 22 LR shooting is a whole other level. No recoil and can have so much fun at 100 yards.

Reactions: Rob01
I picked up my Vudoo Thursday & competed today (Saturday) in my local NRL22 match. It has an 18” Kukri Ace barrel, Calvin Elite trigger, Midas Tac 4-16 & Grayboe Ridgeback stock. I placed 4th out of 19 shooters & never came in below 9th previously (with an incostitent FVSR). Shooting SK rifle match, this thing is just consistent & so easy to get on target. I cleaned all prone stages & need to work on my elevated positional shooting; kneeling, sitting & off obstacles.

I am beyond happy with my new Vudoo! Thank you to everyone at VGW for an outstanding rifle.

Last edited:
Did some more shooting trying to figure out the mysterious first- second shot low issue I've come across.

Went to the same range 100 yards about the same temp as usual

Brought 7 different types of ammo.

Had my original wolf target match as well as:
Wolf match extra
2 types of eley
2 types of sk
Federal match

Since wolf target match and match extra both showed the same symptoms I tool 2 boxes (50 rounds each, same lots as last time) and loaded them each by hand....yes that was the biggest pain in the ass ever.

Previously wolf target match would give me about .75 MOA 5 shots at 100 yards
Wolf match extra would be even better hovering around .6 MOA with 3-4 shots in a clover...wanted that to work so bad.

Anyway, after the load one shoot one I found that:
There wound up being 3 distinct groups with a some flyers in the middle...crazy
It's almost like there was a mixture of several lots in a box.
The accuracy was still very good but just not consistent.

I wish I stopped shooting at one point and saved the target, 4 consecutive shots from the same box...one low about 1 inch...one back to POA... next one went back low but actually went through the same hole I almost thought I had a squib...next shot was back to POA....that went through the same hole as the second shot.

It was crazy, if that was a real group it was under .2" easy.

Also I found wolf has different brass dimensions.
It would go from the bolt closing on its own to me putting enough force that I'd wobble the rifle.

Tried the eley and had pretty good accuracy but same stiff bolt issue, then I looked at the bottom of the brass and eley makes wolf ammo.

Tried federal match but the rifle didn't like it at all, that's now been relagated to the kids hitting spinners

Then tried some sk match, almost the exact poi of the wolf that I had my rifle zeroed for.

Loaded up both mags figuring that I'd have to season the barrel with the new lube.

20 shots in pretty rapid shooting about 1.2 MOA.
Bolt slid closed and open like I didn't even take around.
I think the sk has more case lube as well or more "oil" less "wax", case feels slimier.

I loaded another mag and actually tried for a 10 round group.
Prob around .8-.9 MOA at 100 yards but no crazy flyers like before.
I'll be be on the sk band wagon for a bit, I'll tell you how it works out.

Did some more shooting trying to figure out the mysterious first- second shot low issue I've come across.

Welcome to the world of rimfire ammunition and it's consistently inconsistent performance.

Since you have a Vudoo you now have a means of seeing just how bad 22LR ammo is, at least you've eliminated one variable, the rifle's performance. I chrony every shot I take at ARA rimfire matches, and the large ES and std DV values are eye opening, even among the expensive match grade brands.

I've gotten to the point of just using Lapua Center-x for matches now as it has the best price vs performance value, and SK+ and Rifle Match ammo for practice or silhouette. I'll still get turd or two out of a box of Xact or Midas+ or the Black Box Eley's and the expense isn't justified IMO. Fortunately for me, both the Vudoo and the Anschutz's favor Lapua branded ammo over the Eley offerings.

A quick look through the smartphone app for the chrony tells a story:

Vudoo bolt action, 70 degree day 30.33 inHg 5300' Alt

CCI SV 70 shots
std dev 13.5
ES 61
min 1039
max 1100
averg 1070.4

Center-X 189 shots
std dev 7.4
ES 40
min 1099
max 1139
averg 1117.3

You definitely get better ammo for more $$. I've pretty much given up on domestic 22LR ammo as the European offerings are so much better in performance. Also, CCI rounds tend to run dimensionally larger in brass size, grab a pair of calipers and check the various brands. I have far less extraction problems when I don't use CCI, especially in the semi-autos.

Reactions: pucker
Welcome to the world of rimfire ammunition and it's consistently inconsistent performance.

Since you have a Vudoo you now have a means of seeing just how bad 22LR ammo is, at least you've eliminated one variable, the rifle's performance. I chrony every shot I take at ARA rimfire matches, and the large ES and std DV values are eye opening, even among the expensive match grade brands.

I've gotten to the point of just using Lapua Center-x for matches now as it has the best price vs performance value, and SK+ and Rifle Match ammo for practice or silhouette. I'll still get turd or two out of a box of Xact or Midas+ or the Black Box Eley's and the expense isn't justified IMO. Fortunately for me, both the Vudoo and the Anschutz's favor Lapua branded ammo over the Eley offerings.

A quick look through the smartphone app for the chrony tells a story:

Vudoo bolt action, 70 degree day 30.33 inHg 5300' Alt

CCI SV 70 shots
std dev 13.5
ES 61
min 1039
max 1100
averg 1070.4

Center-X 189 shots
std dev 7.4
ES 40
min 1099
max 1139
averg 1117.3

You definitely get better ammo for more $$. I've pretty much given up on domestic 22LR ammo as the European offerings are so much better in performance. Also, CCI rounds tend to run dimensionally larger in brass size, grab a pair of calipers and check the various brands. I have far less extraction problems when I don't use CCI, especially in the semi-autos.

Pretty much sums it up...

Reactions: pucker

Went to the same range 100 yards about the same temp as usual

Brought 7 different types of ammo.

Had my original wolf target match as well as:
Wolf match extra
2 types of eley
2 types of sk
Federal match

Since wolf target match and match extra both showed the same symptoms I tool 2 boxes (50 rounds each, same lots as last time) and loaded them each by hand....yes that was the biggest pain in the ass ever.

Previously wolf target match would give me about .75 MOA 5 shots at 100 yards
Wolf match extra would be even better hovering around .6 MOA with 3-4 shots in a clover...wanted that to work so bad.

Anyway, after the load one shoot one I found that:
There wound up being 3 distinct groups with a some flyers in the middle...crazy
It's almost like there was a mixture of several lots in a box.
The accuracy was still very good but just not consistent.

I wish I stopped shooting at one point and saved the target, 4 consecutive shots from the same box...one low about 1 inch...one back to POA... next one went back low but actually went through the same hole I almost thought I had a squib...next shot was back to POA....that went through the same hole as the second shot.

It was crazy, if that was a real group it was under .2" easy.

Also I found wolf has different brass dimensions.
It would go from the bolt closing on its own to me putting enough force that I'd wobble the rifle.

Tried the eley and had pretty good accuracy but same stiff bolt issue, then I looked at the bottom of the brass and eley makes wolf ammo.

Tried federal match but the rifle didn't like it at all, that's now been relagated to the kids hitting spinners

Then tried some sk match, almost the exact poi of the wolf that I had my rifle zeroed for.

Loaded up both mags figuring that I'd have to season the barrel with the new lube.

20 shots in pretty rapid shooting about 1.2 MOA.
Bolt slid closed and open like I didn't even take around.
I think the sk has more case lube as well or more "oil" less "wax", case feels slimier.

I loaded another mag and actually tried for a 10 round group.
Prob around .8-.9 MOA at 100 yards but no crazy flyers like before.
Pistol Match, Rifle Match, of Pistol Match Special?

With my last lots of SK my rifle liked Pistol Match vs Rifle match at 100 & 200yds. I just bought 1k rounds of Rifle match to confirm this Spring. It also does well with Standard Plus.

Reactions: bjay
Ill try put it together and shoot it with and without brake.. :) ty for the advice..i think you probably right on this one
I am interested to see what you find. No reason for a brake really, but still interesting. My vudoo seems to like federal gold medal match very well. Best numbers so far. Out shoots eley, center x, sk and all others to this time.

I had quiet a few chassis from krg ax Ai cadex etc. But never tried mpa..
I ordered a Vudoo in an mpa comp chassis I’m also located in Hawaii if you want to check out the chassis. Mpa is super popular now figured I should get one to check it out.

I ordered a Vudoo in an mpa comp chassis I’m also located in Hawaii if you want to check out the chassis. Mpa is super popular now figured I should get one to check it out.
Tnx for the offer brudah..im guessing you're on oahu..im from kauai..i checked mdt and theyre about same price

What rings and ring height are you guys using for Athlon Aris etr with 30 moa base?
ARC medium?

What rings and ring height are you guys using for Athlon Aris etr with 30 moa base?
ARC medium?
I'm using these with a 30MOA rail, zero complaints. Well made, good fit, reasonable price.

I have them on 4 rifles.

I'm using these with a 30MOA rail, zero complaints. Well made, good fit, reasonable price.

I have them on 4 rifles.
Perfect thankyou. What height rings?

ARC medium?
ARC mediums for me.
UPDATE: Actually, mine ARCs were on a 20MOA base and kukri barrel. I think it would be fine with a 30MOA base as well. After adding defender caps, it got tighter but had room, So it may depend on the caps you use.

Last edited: