• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

First time out today. Took a little time to get used to the manners compact stock. Easily worth selling my aiax to fund my vudoo.

Next time out I’ll test it with my sparrow

Did you buy the complete rifle with the Manners stock? If so, was there a long wait time? I called Manners, and they said 6 months. Love that Americana pattern.

How far youre shooting???:oops:

In our January ELR22 match we shot out to 550 yards. I could get there between dialing and reticle. By the time we get to our next ELR22 match I want to be capable of getting to 600 yards. After 400 yards everything becomes extremely critical so I want to do as much as possible on the turrets.

Last edited:
Just saw a really nice Vudoo on Facebook. The owner mentioned that it had a 5 groove Bartlein barrel, and Vudoo talks about their barrels being single-point-cut barrels. So, I don't understand what this means. Can you have a 5 groove barrel that is single-point-cut.?What exactly does single-point-cut mean, and what would be the alternative. Is one supposed to better for accuracy?

Just saw a really nice Vudoo on Facebook. The owner mentioned that it had a 5 groove Bartlein barrel, and Vudoo talks about their barrels being single-point-cut barrels. So, I don't understand what this means. Can you have a 5 groove barrel that is single-point-cut.?What exactly does single-point-cut mean, and what would be the alternative. Is one supposed to better for accuracy?
Both bartlein and their ace barrels are single point cut barrels. Single point cutting is the process used to creat rifiling in the bore of the barrel. One single point cutter cuts all the rifling one pass at a time.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
As opposed to a button that cuts them all at once. Just 2 different ways to skin a cat. One isn't NECESSARILY better than the other, though there seems to be a lot of success with cut-rifled barrels these days.

In our January ELR22 match we shot out to 550 yards. I could get there between dialing and reticle. By the time we get to our next ELR22 match I want to be capable of getting to 600 yards. After 400 yards everything becomes extremely critical so I want to do as much as possible on the turrets.
Yep. With the 60 MOA rail, and the NF 7-35, we're dialing all the way out to the 550 yards+.

As opposed to a button that cuts them all at once. Just 2 different ways to skin a cat. One isn't NECESSARILY better than the other, though there seems to be a lot of success with cut-rifled barrels these days.
Button rifled barrels are not cut by the button. They are deformed by the button. There is data proving a cut rifle barrel will last marginally longer, but one is not better than the other by design with respect to accuracy.

Not from inside the barrel, but it shows the process from the outside.

Reactions: Travis T
Huh, learn something new everyday, thanks NW. It's kind of like it's the middle ground between cut-rifled & hammer forged.
I know nothing about hammer forged. But yes, it’s interesting. I have several button rifle barrels (benchmark) and all from them shoot amazing. My cut ace barrel from vudoo also shoots amazing. It’s really about the machines and quality control how well they turn out.

And how much they put into the lapping process. I believe with a hammer forged barrel, they slide the blank tube over a mandrel & beat the hell out of it until the ID of the barrel looks like the OD of the mandrel... But then I also thought I knew how button-rifling works, so take that with a grain of salt.

Reactions: NorthWesterner
When you look at the machines they use, and how huge they are, and you know the power behind them, it is amazing to think of the first guys who rifled a barrel, without all those machines.

Reactions: JKW70
Yep. With the 60 MOA rail, and the NF 7-35, we're dialing all the way out to the 550 yards+.

I'll get everything put together for next months VRS match. I received my ammo not to so I should be ready to rock by then and for the next few years.

When you look at the machines they use, and how huge they are, and you know the power behind them, it is amazing to think of the first guys who rifled a barrel, without all those machines.
I recommend the book First Freedom. It describes all the early American gun makers. Real leaders in the industrial revolution. Also explains the truth about our right to bear arms.

Reactions: Travis T
I zero at 25yd. My DOPE is just about the same at 50yd. Not sure how much is left on the bottom. I set the zero stop just a little under, set and walked away. :)

I'll use the Burris Signature adjustable rings so I can get almost everything in elevation. Currently on my AMG I have .5mil under and 27mil above. When I mount the new Athlon Ares ETR I'll set it uptake same way except with the 60moa base. I only want/need .3 to .5 under and I'll use a 50yd zero. 25y will be about the same as 50y but 35y is 2 to 3 clicks below zero.

Doesn't Vudoo recommend the 20 MOA? Perhaps that is just to get you out to a certain distance (I seem to recall 350) with most scopes. Are folks using the 40 and 60 MOA rails to go out further, or is there some other reason?

Doesn't Vudoo recommend the 20 MOA? Perhaps that is just to get you out to a certain distance (I seem to recall 350) with most scopes. Are folks using the 40 and 60 MOA rails to go out further, or is there some other reason?

For majority of people shooting 25 - 150 yards. 20 MOA Rail is perfectly fine. With good optics you can easily dial out to about 300 yards.

On my NF 7-35, I bottom am out of turret elevation travel at 350 yards. 30 MOA Rail would allow me to get there through the turret. If you're going further than that which the ELR guys do, you'll need more. 22LR is dropping substantially quick at that range.

So, if you put on a 40 MOA rail, can you still dial down to 25 or 50 yards, or does it tilt the scope too much?

20 moa on my Vudoo, in an AX chassis, 1.45 seekins 30mm rings, Bushnell LRTS 4.5-18.

I have 20 plus mils come up... I stopped at 20 because that was what I needed for 400yrds to hit an 18" plate

Ammo Lupua Midas+ 18" barrel

25yrd zero

Last edited:
Depending on the scope. All about the total elevation travel of the scope.

On the 7-35, You shouldn't have an issue dialing down to 25-50.

I put a 60 MOA rail on my V-22 w/22" Kukri bbl, Athlon Cronus in Seekins low rings. Was easily able to zero at 50yds with 2+ mils of down travel left. Still have not been able to get to my range to see how far out that will get me on internal elevation - will be able to try it soon - if we don't get rain again this weekend - which is in the forecast....

Reactions: bjay
I picked up my Vudoo Thursday & competed today (Saturday) in my local NRL22 match. It has an 18” Kukri Ace barrel, Calvin Elite trigger, Midas Tac 4-16 & Grayboe Ridgeback stock. I placed 4th out of 19 shooters & never came in below 9th previously (with an incostitent FVSR). Shooting SK rifle match, this thing is just consistent & so easy to get on target. I cleaned all prone stages & need to work on my elevated positional shooting; kneeling, sitting & off obstacles.

View attachment 7041408

I am beyond happy with my new Vudoo! Thank you to everyone at VGW for an outstanding rifle.

What pistol is that? im looking for a 22lr target pistol....

What pistol is that? im looking for a 22lr target pistol....

winniethepooh is correct. It is a Volquartsen Scorpion with 4.5" barrel, 1911 grip frame and the new compensator. It is the nicest .22 pistol I have ever shot and it's fantastic. I have a Trijicon RM09 on top with 1 MOA dot to hit smaller targets with it. I run it suppressed 95% of the time and it never chokes or has issues.

I wanted a pistol that was reliable, able to be easily suppressed and had a rail for a red dot. I am very pleased with it.

Look at rimfiresports.com for some great prices on them.

Now, back to Vudoos.

Attachments

• Vudoo.jpg
    Vudoo.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Reactions: NorthWesterner
Let me warn ya. Don't shoot Eley Tenex in your Vudoo. It will cost you lots of money. No targets to show at this time. Hopefully this weekend. I have had my Vudoo for a year shooting SK plus and was happy with it ...............until I ran across a good deal on some Tenex.

Somewhere (either here or the Facebook page) somebody was talking about some ammo not ejecting properly. CCI SV comes to mind, but I can't remember exactly. Has anybody had this problem. I know the Vudoo has a match chamber. Does that not work well with non-match ammo?

Somewhere (either here or the Facebook page) somebody was talking about some ammo not ejecting properly. CCI SV comes to mind, but I can't remember exactly. Has anybody had this problem. I know the Vudoo has a match chamber. Does that not work well with non-match ammo?
I never had any ejecting problems with any ammo. CCI SV is definitley tighter. When clean, it didn’t have any problems. Dirty, I had problems closing the bolt on it, but never ejecting. That being said, I only ever used it when I was playing around and trying different things when I didn’t need to squeeze out the best accuracy. No SK ammo ever had a problem at all. Considering SK std isn’t much more expensive, if I didn’t already have a ton of CCI SV, I would have used the SK for those situations.

I have been buying a lot of CCI SV, mainly because I have a Smith & Wesson model 41 that is supposed to be designed to use that exact ammo. Obviously, if you buy better ammo, it will shoot more accurately, but I found great deals on it, and bought quite a bit. I'll have to look around for better deals on SK and Eley. Can anybody suggest a good place to find good prices on those (and I know that may be looking for a needle in a haystack)?

I run CCI SV in my Vudoo all the time with no issues. I use it mainly for practice, SK Yellow for NRL22 matches and Center-X for Vudoo PRS and ELR22 events.

I have been buying a lot of CCI SV, mainly because I have a Smith & Wesson model 41 that is supposed to be designed to use that exact ammo. Obviously, if you buy better ammo, it will shoot more accurately, but I found great deals on it, and bought quite a bit. I'll have to look around for better deals on SK and Eley. Can anybody suggest a good place to find good prices on those (and I know that may be looking for a needle in a haystack)?

Here's a link. They have good prices, fast shipping and you can choose from different lots that are available at the time.

I just checked their inventory, they seem to be low on different lots of Eley. A good selection of lots on Lapua and a good variety of SK.

Last edited:
I'll have to look around for better deals on SK and Eley. Can anybody suggest a good place to find good prices on those...

Target Sports USA usually has good prices on SK and some types of Eley. If you order by the case, they have free shipping. Or you can opt for their 'Prime membership' for $95 and get free shipping on all orders and discounts on ammo. I'm mulling over the Prime to see if it would be worth the cost.

Here's something even crazier... How'd they make the first lathe... I mean wouldn't you need a lathe to make a lathe?!

Mind blown.
Here's something even crazier... How'd they make the first lathe... I mean wouldn't you need a lathe to make a lathe?!

Mind blown.
no, actually you don’t need a lathe to make a lathe. Somewhere in my horde of books is a small book giving instructions on how to biuld a small lathe. The principles would apply to a larger one. There are also books on the first machine tool builders which give info. Those guys were really smart.

I could use a little assistance with scope rail and ring selection. I see some people are using very large MOA rails (30 and up). on my 308 FTR midrange rifle 20 is the size rail I use, and is common. why are we using 30+ for the V2?

I am having a KRG Bravo V22 built with a 20 moa rail and a Athlon 4.5-30x56 Ares ETR 34mm Riflescope.

This scope looks to be popular.

1) Is 20moa enough?

2) What Height/Brand rings are working with this combo?

Last edited:
I could use a little assistance with scope rail and ring selection. I see some people are using very large MOA rails (30 and up). on my 308 FTR midrange rifle 20 is the size rail I use, and is common. why are we using 30+ for the V2?

I am having a KRG Bravo V22 built with a 20 moa rail and a Athlon 4.5-30x56 Ares ETR 34mm Riflescope.

1) Is 20moa enough?

2) What size/brand rings are working with this combo?
This is a relative question. To properly answer the question we need to know how far you want to shoot your .22 The athlon has plenty of elevation. I would think a 30 would suit you well. That’s what I’m running.

Last edited: