• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Hey everybody!

What barrel channel would one order when purchasing a Manners stock to be used with an MTU contour? I found a T4A with mini chassis at a local shop but the owner for some reason doesn’t know this info and instead sent me a photo of his calipers measuring the front and rear of the channel. It seems like it’s still too wide for an MTU from what I’m seeing. Or am I wrong?

Does anybody have photos looking down showing an MTU in a Manners stock?

Attachments

• 1E4FE823-182A-4034-A8CC-F6F71695455E.jpeg
    1E4FE823-182A-4034-A8CC-F6F71695455E.jpeg
    442.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 3AFD5D1D-E93B-40EC-9ACC-D25E8781CB6A.jpeg
    3AFD5D1D-E93B-40EC-9ACC-D25E8781CB6A.jpeg
    605.3 KB · Views: 60
Hey everybody!

What barrel channel would one order when purchasing a Manners stock to be used with an MTU contour? I found a T4A with mini chassis at a local shop but the owner for some reason doesn’t know this info and instead sent me a photo of his calipers measuring the front and rear of the channel. It seems like it’s still too wide for an MTU from what I’m seeing. Or am I wrong?

Does anybody have photos looking down showing an MTU in a Manners stock?
Does the chassis have a serial number in it? It seems like mine does, but I might be wrong. If so, you could call manners and ask them. They are very helpful.

It was early when I answered and thought you were ordering. Lol if it's larger then that is fine. I run med Palma contour in a stock made for mtu. As long as free floated you are fine.

Right on thanks for the replies everyone! I’ll text the owner and see if there is a serial number in the stock. @reubenski I was thinking that now too about the extra space. It would be great however to see a photo of it on someone else’s rifle first. I’m in Canada so this stuff is much more complicated as I can’t return these items. The stock alone that I posted above will be $2100+ by the time I get it. The V-22 barreled action will be $3K with TT Diamond. So I’m trying to eliminate all possibilities before it lands in my hands ?

Hands down the Vudoo V22 has easily become the top .22 tactical rifle on the market. I am amazed to see how many shooters that are showing up at matches running Vudoo's and dominating. I love watching all the CZ455 shooters rebarrling tweaking trying to keep up. If they would have only bought once and cried once they would be in a better place.

High five's Vudoo V22
Not often you see a new company step into an established market and Ctrl-Alt-Delete the field. BZ Gents.

Reminds me just how much I love the American entrepreneurial spirit, combined with a capitalistic market....especially when it involves my favorite pastime!

Reactions: RAVAGE88
@RAVAGE88

Any more groups and info on your integrally suppressed barrel :) ..... Got other projects but I think if I get a Vudoo that is what I am angling towards.

@RAVAGE88 do you install customer supplied barrels on a customers already purchased action? How much of a PITA is it for you to slip a barrel job into the current workstream?

Generally, we don't, but I'll certainly be open to talking to you about it. Everything we use now has been validated to provide the performance we expect so it goes without say if it's among the ones we use we'll definitely install it for you. If it isn't, doesn't mean we won't, I'll just want to gather a few details first.

Right now, not easy to slip one into the St George environment, but I can schedule doing it in the lab. Shoot me a PM or email ([email protected]) and we'll figure it out.

MB

@RAVAGE88

Any more groups and info on your integrally suppressed barrel :) ..... Got other projects but I think if I get a Vudoo that is what I am angling towards.

Nothing that I've done recently but I'll shoot a 6X5 as soon as possible and post it up here.

MB

Not sure, sendero possibly? I talked to voodoo and they verified it was a team project for Proof to makes .22 barrels and Voodoo installed them

That is one sweet rifle,How is the ZC scope working out for rimfire.

How much longer than the barrel does a cleaning rod have to be to use the Vudoo bore guide? For instance, if you have a 20 inch barrel, do you need a 30 inch cleaning rod, or something longer?

How much longer than the barrel does a cleaning rod have to be to use the Vudoo bore guide? For instance, if you have a 20 inch barrel, do you need a 30 inch cleaning rod, or something longer?

This is probably sacrilege, but I just use a boresnake before or after each session.

I clean the bolt and breech faces, wipe out the inside of the chamber/bolt area. Wipe the bolt down. Run boresnake through a few times and that’s it.

This is probably sacrilege, but I just use a boresnake before or after each session.

I clean the bolt and breech faces, wipe out the inside of the chamber/bolt area. Wipe the bolt down. Run boresnake through a few times and that’s it.

Curious what people here have to say about the bore snake method.

as we all wait for the berating to begin...

we all hope its ok really deep down inside

at least i do

i figured ravage88 would scream at us or jbell would just say its stupid with a shaking head

as we all wait for the berating to begin...

we all hope its ok really deep down inside

at least i do

i figured ravage88 would scream at us or jbell would just say its stupid with a shaking head

Oh come on, you have me all wrong. I love bore snakes!!

As a matter of fact I bring boxes to matches and hand them out to all the shooters. Just trying to spread the love :cool:

I have been shooting my Vudoo for a couple months now. Using an Oryx chassis, Triggertech Diamond and Athlon Ares ETR. Really like the set up. I've been shooting a little bit of long range and have had some good results with Center X and a sub moa group at 218 yards with Fed HV Match (fluke group, but I'll take it ?) Running some arca rails that I bolted onto the bottom of the chassis. Getting lots of shooting in. CCI SV has been working well also as a low cost practice round!?

Ed

Resized_20190331_115429_3849.jpeg

Reactions: 10ring1
Barreled action finally came in today. Cant say enough about the customer service with Vudoo, they have been top notch the entire way. Hoping to be able to take it out tomorrow. I bought rings for a 30moa base and changed to a 40moa base afterwards. My rings were to low so I had to pull rings off my ar10 and put them on this. Going to get different rings for it in the future.

Curious what people here have to say about the bore snake method.

I was just kidding around with my comment about passing them out at matches.

Not that anyone gives a damn what I thing, nor should they, but while we are on the topic...
I have nothing against a bore snake in all reality, I have never personally seen anything bad come of them. But to me it just seems wrong to pull something that already has fouling on it (from previous use) through your bore. I relate it to re-using toilet paper, it may work in a pinch but there are better ways of doing business. If you want to use a pull through system I think if used carefully Otis makes a great product. But for years I have used weed wacker string doubled over in a loop for "maintenance" cleaning, its super easy to carry in a pack.

I also am not opposed to brushes. I don't think you can do any harm at all with a brush if used properly. You just cant be an idiot. Common sense is the key to any cleaning, take your time and be mindful. The stainless or chromoly steel used in our barrels is some pretty damn tough stuff. But that said I am a Marine, and give us a bowling ball in a padded room and we can destroy the bowling ball.

Don't over think it, its all pretty simple stuff...

I was just kidding around with my comment about passing them out at matches.

Not that anyone gives a damn what I thing, nor should they, but while we are on the topic...
I have nothing against a bore snake in all reality, I have never personally seen anything bad come of them. But to me it just seems wrong to pull something that already has fouling on it (from previous use) through your bore. I relate it to re-using toilet paper, it may work in a pinch but there are better ways of doing business. If you want to use a pull through system I think if used carefully Otis makes a great product. But for years I have used weed wacker string doubled over in a loop for "maintenance" cleaning, its super easy to carry in a pack.

I also am not opposed to brushes. I don't think you can do any harm at all with a brush if used properly. You just cant be an idiot. Common sense is the key to any cleaning, take your time and be mindful. The stainless or chromoly steel used in our barrels is some pretty damn tough stuff. But that said I am a Marine, and give us a bowling ball in a padded room and we can destroy the bowling ball.

Don't over think it, its all pretty simple stuff...

I used to use the weedwacker line, till I found a product called patchworm. It is high test fishing line, with various "buttons" for different calibers.

Reactions: jbell and GTOBOSS
So I have done some searching and can’t seem to find an answer to my question. My search-fu must be off because I’m sure this has been asked before. How long is the bolt throw on the Vudoo. Is it a standard rimfire bolt throw or can you set it to be the same as a short action centerfire like the Ruger Precision rimfire. I haven’t got to shoot one yet. I will probably end up holding out until I have mine to make it that much sweeter.

So I have done some searching and can’t seem to find an answer to my question. My search-fu must be off because I’m sure this has been asked before. How long is the bolt throw on the Vudoo. Is it a standard rimfire bolt throw or can you set it to be the same as a short action centerfire like the Ruger Precision rimfire. I haven’t got to shoot one yet. I will probably end up holding out until I have mine to make it that much sweeter.

Not sure the actual length on it, but it’s nowhere close to the length of a centerfire.

It is not adjustable either.

That being said, I’ve never short stroked centerfire from training with vudoo. I make sure I run all bolts completely to the rear, regardless of length.

Thanks guys. I have a friend who seems concerned about the short bolt throw. Personally I don’t see it as an issue. I think once he tries one of the rifles it will no longer be an issue for him either. My son uses one of the Ruger Precision rimfire for his match gun and it has the same bolt throw as a 308 but I honestly never notice. I’m alwayas too focused on other things to register how long the bolt throw is. As long as the bolt goes all the way to the rear and picks up the next round smoothly I’m happy.

I think it’s a very bad idea, & I don’t mean that to be a dig on you at all. The problem is rimfire match ammo has lube on it. That lube attracts dirt and debris like crazy (especially Lapua). I am very careful about keeping my ammo clean!! If you get sand or dirt on your bullets your basically shooting a very coarse and inconsistent lap down the bore at much higher velocity and pressure than when you purposely lap a barrel.

I think you will have a high probability of destroying barrels.
That’s the truth, maybe I’m picky but I cringe even if I accidentally touch the lead in fear of leaving inconsistent lube on that bullet!

Got to take my voodu out today and try some different lots of SK rifle match.

The first pic is at 50 yards. The second one is at 100. I think it liked lot number 1 the most. I think I can shrink the groups at 100, my wife and kids had dinner plans so I was kind of rushed. Vudoo did a heck of a job with these for sure. Excited to get more time behind it. Thinking about ordering a case of lot number 1. Or should I try more lots and different brands?

Last edited:
I don't think I'd take too many groups serious until you get 500 - 1000rds on it.

Interesting note: you shot the 100yd target in a right to left pattern, but started on the top left dot to do it. ? You got some serious Russel Crowe beautiful mind shit going on! ?
Lol actually I started from the bottom right and worked my way up. I finished with lot 4 on 25 yards then started with lot 4 on 100. Haha I think that is even worse. Im still trying to get the chassis more set up for me. This is the only bolt action Ive ever shot and definently the first chassis. All I shoot are AR platforms. Not used to having all the adjustments like this has.

Reactions: reubenski

The first pic is at 50 yards. The second one is at 100. I think it liked lot number 1 the most. I think I can shrink the groups at 100, my wife and kids had dinner plans so I was kind of rushed. Vudoo did a heck of a job with these for sure. Excited to get more time behind it. Thinking about ordering a case of lot number 1. Or should I try more lots and different brands?
View attachment 7060294
View attachment 7060295

Give Center X a try, you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: ap_silver

View attachment 7060294
View attachment 7060295
I leaning toward second row.
Seems to be Less vertical and more right left which is most likely position not ammo.

These rifles shoot about everything well at 50 yards. 100 yards is when you start to determine the true consistency of different lots and types of ammo. Even then most of the time you might be splitting hairs while trying to choose one above the other.

Last edited:
These rifles shoot about everything well at 50 yards. !00 yards is when you start to determine the true consistency of different lots and types of ammo. Even then most of the time you might be splitting hairs while trying to choose one above the other.

I start seeing a difference at about 125yds it so.

Sk standard plus, regardless of lot, does fine for nrl22 type matches up to 100.

Past that, you need to be lot testing.

I am one week out for my Bravo!

Show me your Bravo's

Last edited: