• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

My Gap Camo McMillan classic showed up today. Per usual they did a great job on it. Going to try and shoot this weekend and see if it needs bedding or not. Love that it matches my hunting rigs so closely.

Great looking rifle, what contour is that barrel?

my lot of center x is not very stellar, it dose ok but it looks like I'm going to have to try and find some more RWS to try out, this was the last 30 rounds I had.

my lot of center x is not very stellar, it dose ok but it looks like I'm going to have to try and find some more RWS to try out, this was the last 30 rounds I had.

I have not tried RWS Target in years, but I try R50 and R100 out of every rimfire I build and have yet to have any of them shoot RWS ammo worth a damn. I don't know why I care but it always puzzles me how poor it does...

But come to think about it I don't think I have tried it out of my Vudoo yet. Maybe I will

I have not tried RWS Target in years, but I try R50 and R100 out of every rimfire I build and have yet to have any of them shoot RWS ammo worth a damn. I don't know why I care but it always puzzles me how poor it does...

But come to think about it I don't think I have tried it out of my Vudoo yet. Maybe I will
This is what I used tonight. Local Scheels has some um22 I will try at some point. (Heard it's relabeled RWS R50) Really like shooting the cheep SK pistol match, but those damn flyers really tick me off when I'm shooting for groups.

Jbell, have you tried Tenex? It shines at distance. At 50 and 100 yards not any better than CenterX or SK.

I have shot a truck load of Tenex out of other rifles over the years, but not out of this Vudoo. I know it is the top of the heap, I just find that Tenex is a bit more lot dependent than Center X. Honestly I have not shot this Vudoo much at all (basically every target I have shot with it has been posted here). Today was the 1st time I have shot it in decent weather, every other time it has been in the low teens to low thirties air temp and windy. I was just enjoying loading mags without cussing the cold. HA!

I do plan on getting some different ammo together and testing it out soon though. I think this rifle is showing promise. I need to make some adjustments to the LOP and trigger shoe reach, right now it is a little too long for me so the fit is not 100% either.

This is what I used tonight. Local Scheels has some um22 I will try at some point. (Heard it's relabeled RWS R50) Really like shooting the cheep SK pistol match, but those damn flyers really tick me off when I'm shooting for groups.

Yeah, I have a friend who I used to shoot with a lot that had an old Kimber that would hammer with that particular RWS. Well actually it would do even better with R50 but he was too cheap to shoot it. But with that RWS Rifle Match the Kimber would shoot in the 0.2XX @ 50 yards very consistently. I was always impressed with that rifle, I still want an old Kimber sporter weight with a nice piece of wood and a vintage Leupold to go with it. Man, I love those Kimbers from the Clackamas era.

Reactions: rizzle
I tested a bunch of lots of Center-X a couple of years ago, from multiple sources. Found one lot that was superior to the others by a substantial margin, but by the time I'd gotten around to finding out what I had in that lot#, none of my usual sources had any of it left in stock. I did buy over half a case of what I thought was 2nd best, and it's shot OK, but not any better, and in some cases, not as good as some other, lower-priced ammunition. But after reviewing Daniel Cliff's results while testing the V-22 that I'd barreled with a Krieger blank, I decided to buy a couple of cases of the lot of Center-X that shot best for him, and it's proving to be pretty good stuff, especially at 100yds, where it out-shoots the best lot of SK Long Range Match that I've been able to find so far. Shot a semi-local 22RF PR match with that Center-X today, and felt it performed very well, at least as good as I'd hoped.

Comparing the best lot of SK LR Match I've found so far to this lot of Center-X is kind of weird - and results aren't as consistent as I'd expect, given pretty similar conditions. The first time I shot LR Match, it easily out-shot Center-X at both 100 & 210yds; the next time - few days later - results at 100 were reversed, and groups at 210yds were so similar it was hard to declare a winner. Maybe it's the shooter not being consistent, rather than the ammo? We all have our good days, and then there are days when we didn't get as good a night's sleep, or other physiological effects are making a difference in our shooting abilities.

Last edited:
This may be in the wrong forum so please forgive my ignorance, but has anyone tried using a Vudoo 22 magazine on a Stiller 2500XR after taking off the savage magazine bracket?

This may be in the wrong forum so please forgive my ignorance, but has anyone tried using a Vudoo 22 magazine on a Stiller 2500XR after taking off the savage magazine bracket?

Looked at this a few years ago, based on where the magwell is in the Stiller, it won't work.

MB

Reactions: ZWGunsAR
Looked at this a few years ago, based on where the magwell is in the Stiller, it won't work.

MB
Thanks for your quick reply. I shot an email to you and Russ at Stiller concerning this Friday. Wasn't sure how cluttered your inbox was and I figured someone on here had tried it and could save me some time, effort, and money. Not the answer I wanted, but I trust the Guru and I guess I'll be buying a V-22 now.

Reactions: Sieg
Thanks for your quick reply. I shot an email to you and Russ at Stiller concerning this Friday. Wasn't sure how cluttered your inbox was and I figured someone on here had tried it and could save me some time, effort, and money. Not the answer I wanted, but I trust the Guru and I guess I'll be buying a V-22 now.

HHHhhhhmmmmm, what email did you send to? Just looked in SPAM, etc., and don't see it....

I can machine the bottom of the 2500XR to work, but because the new magwell for the Vudoo magazine does not erase the current magwell, the bottom of the receiver will look pretty bad. The more significant changes have to be made to the bolt, extractors and making a new ejector. Doesn't make a lot of sense because the feed timing will still be a little off.

MB

HHHhhhhmmmmm, what email did you send to? Just looked in SPAM, etc., and don't see it....

I can machine the bottom of the 2500XR to work, but because the new magwell for the Vudoo magazine does not erase the current magwell, the bottom of the receiver will look pretty bad. The more significant changes have to be made to the bolt, extractors and making a new ejector. Doesn't make a lot of sense because the feed timing will still be a little off.

MB
I'm pretty sure I used [email protected]

Put my setup on the scales last night right at 18lb. She’s solid as a rock on the barricades. Not for the faint at heart.

Attachments

• 34945C02-6079-470D-B638-E41A36C467ED.jpeg
    34945C02-6079-470D-B638-E41A36C467ED.jpeg
    386.9 KB · Views: 98
Of the high end(match)ammo available, is there one in particular that performs better in high wind conditions than others?

This is my first post. Took out, for the first time, my new V22 19” MTU in an A.I. chassis with a Vortex AMG, shooting Center-X.

My question is, how do I measure the groups appropriately/accurately?

The 2 targets with the ruler are 5 rounds each at 50yrds. My worst ones were about twice that, and everything in between.
The 1 target is 100yards. The target circle is 3”. My worst ones were not quite twice that and everything in between.
This gun is ridiculous. I can’t believe I can shoot this good.

D5A1AFD4-3A35-44A2-A3FD-5F0A60861108.jpegB7AC17ED-2E33-46A9-9044-E18DC8A44EE4.jpeg0C5D542B-0A13-4D57-A30C-EBEE5EDCCC2F.jpeg

Last edited:
This is my first post. Took out, for the first time, my new V22 19” MTU in an A.I. chassis with a Vortex AMG, shooting Center-X.
My question is, how do I measure these appropriately/accurately?
The 2 targets with the ruler are 5 rounds each at 50yrds. My worst ones were about twice that, and everything in between.
The 1 target is 100yards. The target circle is 3”. My worst ones were not quite twice that and everything in between.
This gun is ridiculous. I can’t believe I can shoot this good.

View attachment 7062415View attachment 7062430View attachment 7062423
Majority of match ammos (22lr) starts to fail at 100yds..theres not much that stay half moa at 100..people pushing it to 500yards...IMO
200 yards and beyond will be 75% skills

No more cone breach? I just got my Vudoo today. It doesn’t have the cone breach. I thought they were all coming with the cone breach now? This was a new full build. Just curious if this has changed recently.

Last edited:
No more cone breach? I just got my Vudoo today. It doesn’t have the cone breach. I thought they were all coming with the cone breach now? This was a new full build. Just curious if this has changed recently.

Hybrid breech now from what I understand.

My wife's Bartlein has a flat breech, my ace has the hybrid cone. They shoot the exact same ammo almost exactly the same. The hybrid cone was all about running more reliably with a suppressor deal

Reactions: Sieg

Shaun,
That's the Hybrid Cone Breech V2.0. The original HCB terminated to less of a flat, V2.0 terminates at a larger flat.

MB

The HCB has zero bearing/influence on accuracy.

MB
Thanks Mike. So to confirm, here is a picture that JBELL posted. Is this the Version 1 of the Hybrid breech? I’ve seen this type in person and it is a definitive cone shape. Mine is a flat breech face and then there are 2 slots, if you will, that go forward towards the muzzle.
A811CFF8-EE8A-40FC-A77B-21193D40E404.png

Thanks Mike. So to confirm, here is a picture that JBELL posted. Is this the Version 1 of the Hybrid breech? I’ve seen this type in person and it is a definitive cone shape. Mine is a flat breech face and then there are 2 slots, if you will, that go forward towards the muzzle.View attachment 7062861

Yessir, that's V1. V2 still has a cone shape, but terminates to a larger flat than V1.

MB

Ravage, thanks for the reply. The poster bringing this up said be just got a flat breach. I thought all guns coming our now and the V.2 breach faces ?????

BTW, I love my V22.

Ravage, thanks for the reply. The poster bringing this up said be just got a flat breach. I thought all guns coming our now and the V.2 breach faces ?????

BTW, I love my V22.

No worries. We make changes pretty fluidly based on the variation that presents itself. V2 came about to better accommodate some of the ammo guys are wanting to use and it (V2) doesn't impact anything else. We listen closely to everyone and adjust where it makes sense.

MB

Reactions: rizzle

BTW, I love my V22.

He thought he did. It’s a hybrid cone breech.

Unless you’re talking about my pic a few pages back. That’s an original flat breech model, but someone had it sitting around since last February unfired.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
These rifles are just awesome! I have put a bit over 600 rounds through mine since I received it in early April. I have competed in two NRL22 matches and it is a huge step up from my MKII FVSR.

This picture was taken just after completing the Easter Egg hunt stage in our last match.

Attachments

• NRL22 Team Match.jpg
    NRL22 Team Match.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: Rthur and RAVAGE88
He thought he did. It’s a hybrid cone breech.

Unless you’re talking about my pic a few pages back. That’s an original flat breech model, but someone had it sitting around since last February unfired.

Correct, he thought he received a flat breech, but he received a Hybrid Cone 2.0.

MB

Reactions: Dthomas3523
For those of us not in the know, what serial numbers dictate which version of the breech face? Or where can I find that detail.

For those of us not in the know, what serial numbers dictate which version of the breech face? Or where can I find that detail.
I think you can just look at it and tell. The hybrid cone v1.0 is pretty pronounced cone and the new one has a coned with a larger flat face.

Reactions: Tree