• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I have an HW95 scoped which is my winter shop gun. I enjoy it very much however it doesn’t hold the same place to me as a trainer (V22) due to the hold difference. With my 22 I emulate my long range rifle better.

An HW-77 was my first air rifle. This HW-97 will be my last spring gun.. I have reduced the spring tension on both springs on the cocking lever and tuned the guts and the trigger. I even shortened the piston and compression tube an 1/8" to accept needle bearings and race's. The piston actually has a reduced waist, meaning it has an hourglass shape. Only fat at the ends. She is also at just over 16 ft. / lbs. energy. I always enjoyed tuning these.

She is silent while cocking. She is .177 and normally sports a Leupold 6.5 x 20 EFR scope.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 40
  • 8.png
    8.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 9.png
    9.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC09800.JPG
    DSC09800.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 42
An HW-77 was my first air rifle. This HW-97 will be my last spring gun.. I have reduced the spring tension on both springs on the cocking lever and tuned the guts and the trigger. I even shortened the piston and compression tube an 1/8" to accept needle bearings and race's. The piston actually has a reduced waist, meaning it has an hourglass shape. Only fat at the ends. She is also at just over 16 ft. / lbs. energy. I always enjoyed tuning these.

She is silent while cocking. She is .177 and normally sports a Leupold 6.5 x 20 EFR scope.
Very nice! Does that have the accord trigger?

HW makes good guns. Had a 30s for a while. Liked both alot. But, love my Diana 34, tuned by a great tuner in the air gun world. Many pests have fallen to her. I used to get nickle size groups at 25 yards with it when I shot it everyday.

To my knowledge, all of the HW line has had the Rekord triggers since the 50s. So yes she does. I believe the trigger is 14 oz. The mirror lapped surfaces allow it to return to battery should I pull half way thru and then release it. I left the first and second stage combined to have .050" engagement so as to be super safe. Most triggers never get that low and have that kind of engagement and return. My lube is MOS2

Am I the only one with a RAL8k 16 inch Kurkri. Seen lots of pictures of V22's some in greys and greens but never in RAL. It really does polarise people.

Reactions: OFIS
OK all you Vudoo owners.... I have some Annie's and they have some small issues. I'm looking at A built up Vudoo that will be in an MTD chassis and look a lot like the upper gun in the upper photo. I know that Vudoo has some short comings... what do you guy's feel they are. My optional stock is the second photo but in black and not green. My concern there is with the folding stock having a little movement ??
I'm also looking at the Trigger Tech Diamond trigger set at 4 oz. Any feedback on that would be great as well. My optional trigger is the
Calvin Elite Custom with interchangeable trigger shoe's. 8 oz. Paul will be getting back with me about 11:00 this morning with cost and timing.
I have had my v22 for a few months now and put around 1000 through it. No problems at all - no FTF, FTE, chamber stuck brass-all perfect. Only thing I could nit pick is that 2 of the 4 mags I have are tight in the manners mini chassis I run. They just won't drop free even with a John Wick inspired flick!

The machining tolerances and attention to detail are really as good as any custom RF or CF. I put a TT primary trigger in and and would report similar to others. Zero creep and excellent break. Mine set at 16oz which feels perfect for rim fire pros I do. Accuracy is what I was hoping for with Lapua Centre-X giving me under .20's 5 shots over and over at 50 meters. Lapua biathlon polar give .4's at 100 meters when the wind stops blowin

Trying to zero scope at 60 yards..scope bottom out and cant dial low anymore..its a f class scope .circled those sighters

100 yards..can someone help me read pattern of our groups. I dialed scope after shooting TENEX..it was getting late ill go back and try 100 yards again

Whats good is.
No failed to feed, fires or eject!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10ring1
So I got a message from my local dealer Thursday saying he finally got some 22 rifles in and I should come by to check them out. I've been wanting and waiting for a 457 or a T1X for some time so I'm thinking, alright, finally going to get one.
Well, when I get there I found out I'd been tricked. No 457 no T1X just some new vudoo's hanging on the wall.
I've looked at them online but didn't think I could spend the money on one. After I had it in my hands I couldn't give it back.
I'll be headed out to try it here shortly after I finish my coffee.
Dead calm here this morning, blue skies, 63 degrees and a 200 yard range in my back yard. Its gonna be a good day.

Attachments

• 3736.jpeg
    3736.jpeg
    508.1 KB · Views: 154
Trying to zero scope at 60 yards..scope bottom out and cant dial low anymore..its a f class scope .circled those sighters
View attachment 7068299
100 yards..can someone help me read pattern of our groups. I dialed scope after shooting TENEX..it was getting late ill go back and try 100 yards againView attachment 7068300
Whats good is.
No failed to feed, fires or eject!!!
What is your elevation for so plus at 100? Just curious I am 6.0 MOA but have to do a lot of manipulation to get an AE program dope.

What is your elevation for so plus at 100? Just curious I am 6.0 MOA but have to do a lot of manipulation to get an AE program dope.
SK standard plus. Or any of them. For me SK rifle match is just about a quarter inch higher at 50 and plus is about quarter inch lower at 100.

SK standard plus. Or any of them. For me SK rifle match is just about a quarter inch higher at 50 and plus is about quarter inch lower at 100.

How much moa do you have build in and how much internal adjustment do you have?

Data sheet says optic only has 55moa.

So 25moa in mechanical center. And you have 40moa built in. You’re 15moa over.

Take 20moa off. Or zero further.

Data sheet says optic only has 55moa.

So 25moa in mechanical center. And you have 40moa built in. You’re 15moa over.

Take 20moa off. Or zero further.
I use this scope to do load dev...for groupings then when i see what rifle like to shoots i go back to my tac ffp scope :)

I have had my v22 for a few months now and put around 1000 through it. No problems at all - no FTF, FTE, chamber stuck brass-all perfect. Only thing I could nit pick is that 2 of the 4 mags I have are tight in the manners mini chassis I run. They just won't drop free even with a John Wick inspired flick!

The machining tolerances and attention to detail are really as good as any custom RF or CF. I put a TT primary trigger in and and would report similar to others. Zero creep and excellent break. Mine set at 16oz which feels perfect for rim fire pros I do. Accuracy is what I was hoping for with Lapua Centre-X giving me under .20's 5 shots over and over at 50 meters. Lapua biathlon polar give .4's at 100 meters when the wind stops blowin

Wick 3 is coming out...... I spent a day finding a chassis that I liked that was not to long in the forearm to suit a 22" Kukri.
It took longer than I wanted it to because I did not have a relationship between the chassis and the action. I believe I will
have 9" of barrel stick out in a MDT LSS-XL gen2 rifle chassis. I hope that will give me a well proportioned rifle. I am not certain
about the finishes on my action yet. I would like to see any photos that all of you could post. Anybody have any thoughts about leaving the barrel plain SS. Why do I want to coat it at all? Is the bolt coated?

Only thing I could nit pick is that 2 of the 4 mags I have are tight in the manners mini chassis I run. They just won't drop free even with a John Wick inspired flick!

Three of my four had the same issue. Find the scuff marks on the magazines that stick, and file (not sand) off a couple thousands. The modification won't even show if you use a fine tooth single-cut file.

20" Ace barrel, my 26" Benchmark is about the same:
Center X: 1.9 mil
Eley Tenex or Match: 1.9 mil
Eley Tenex or Match biathlon: 1.4-1.5 mil

All with a 50 yard zero. Air temp from 80f down into the low teens the correction is with in a tenth or so, very little DA effect at 100 yards.

Reactions: Cofercr
Interested in your set-ups and thoughts regarding scope selection for a Vudoo v22. I currently have a variety of scopes all SFP - Swarovski z6 1.7-10x42mm, S&B 1.1-4 flash dot, Nightforce ATACR 4-16x50, a couple of low / mid power leupold scopes.

I intend to purchase a new scope for the Vudoo v22 that I have on order. My primary use will be shooting known distances and achieving best accuracy possible. I have read a lot about FFP vs SFP but not having experience with FFP scopes, I am particular interested given max power settings, the amount of area covered by the reticle on a small target 50-300 yard ranges. I realize this may vary, so hence my ask.....

Unfortunately, I live in an area that is difficult to find high end quality optics to make first hand direct comparisons, so I appreciate any and all help to narrow down possible selections.

Lastly, I have the budget to purchase what I need/want.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Interested in your set-ups and thoughts regarding scope selection for a Vudoo v22. I currently have a variety of scopes all SFP - Swarovski z6 1.7-10x42mm, S&B 1.1-4 flash dot, Nightforce ATACR 4-16x50, a couple of low / mid power leupold scopes.

I intend to purchase a new scope for the Vudoo v22 that I have on order. My primary use will be shooting known distances and achieving best accuracy possible. I have read a lot about FFP vs SFP but not having experience with FFP scopes, I am particular interested given max power settings, the amount of area covered by the reticle on a small target 50-300 yard ranges. I realize this may vary, so hence my ask.....

Unfortunately, I live in an area that is difficult to find high end quality optics to make first hand direct comparisons, so I appreciate any and all help to narrow down possible selections.

Lastly, I have the budget to purchase what I need/want.

Thank you in advance for your help.

When you get into the higher end scopes for precision 22 rimfire, near the $3000 range, what you should look for are scopes that focus closer, like 25Y or less.

Some top scopes are the NF 7-35, ZCO, S&B PM2's, March, etc. They are all nice enough so basically it comes down to reticle preference at this point.

If you are looking for a stop gap scope for now then look no futher than Athlon's Midas TAC line.

I shoot suppressed 100% of the time so I went with an 18". Vudoo also seemed to recommend that length.
I shoot suppressed 100% of the time so I went with an 18". Vudoo also seemed to recommend that length.
[/QUOTE

They also have a 22" .... That is what I'm doing. Was on the phone this morning with Paul.

Last edited:
finally got my KYL swingers from the hide (2” down to 5/16” in ¼” increments) set up this weekend
These set ups are awesome, well built priced right
my daughter calls the smallest one the "baby one"

Set it at 50 yards off the deck

Link is my daughter 11 years old, probably only shot 50 pellets through a pellet rifle before this
Had her put 3-4 shots in the white bucket to make sure we were on the same page (had her using the top part of the ret)
Didn’t have enough travel
Set on 24 power so she wouldn’t get lost

Vudoo 16”
Kahles 10-50 MOAK
AIAX chassis
rear bag
atlas bipod

Lapua center x (should have listened to JBell 2 months ago and picked up center x to start), ammo seems to shoot lights out, next week ill hit 100 yards with it

used side-shot cell phone holder, best phone holder i used so far

have her trigger finger on the "molded AI logo" above the trigger
she says "shooter ready" when on target
i close bolt
then she's allowed to put her finger on the trigger

anyone wondering about Vudoo's and how they shoot...a 11 year old girl can do it...lol

finally got my KYL swingers from the hide (2” down to 5/16” in ¼” increments) set up this weekend

Link is my daughter 11 years old, probably only shot 50 pellets through a pellet rifle before this
Had her put 3-4 shots in the white bucket to make sure we were on the same page (had her using the top part of the ret)

Vudoo 16”
Kahles 10-50 MOAK
AIAX chassis
rear bag
atlas bipod

Lapua center x (should have listened to JBell 2 months ago and picked up center x to start), ammo seems to shoot lights out, next week ill hit 100 yards with it

i close bolt

anyone wondering about Vudoo's and how they shoot...a 11 year old girl can do it...lol

What camera set up is it?

Last edited:
I’ll probably get flamed for this but oh well:

If total razor edge accuracy is your game I prefer 24”-26” barrels for 22lr. I have no scientific data to back it up just personal experience with a lot of rifles and barrels.

But my V-22 is a 20” as that was the longest Ace they offered at the time & it shoots very well!

If total razor edge accuracy is your game I prefer 24”-26” barrels for 22lr. I have no scientific data to back it up just personal experience with a lot of rifles and barrels.

But my V-22 is a 20” as that was the longest Ace they offered at the time & it shoots very well!

why didnt you get a bart barrel longer than 20", you fell the ace is "better" or time for something different

ill post a pic tomorrow, the 16" barley sticks out of the hand guard and the Kahles scope is almost as big as the rifle

add in the phone holder and the brass catcher i made and it looks like a cube not a rifle

why didnt you get a bart barrel longer than 20", you fell the ace is "better" or time for something different

ill post a pic tomorrow, the 16" barley sticks out of the hand guard and the Kahles scope is almost as big as the rifle

add in the phone holder and the brass catcher i made and it looks like a cube not a rifle
Sold my ace 20" just to get the longest barrel vudoo offer..which is 22" bartlein.
If a 22 shoots like this at 100 yards??? I wont complain

Vudoo 16”
Ka
hles 10-50 MOAK
AIAX chassis
rear bag
atlas bipod

i close bolt

GREAT job little girl.....

ill tell her tonight, she be all "big shot"/ace of the base during dinner

After meeting and talking to Jay last fall I really wanted to give the Ace a try. I had never heard of them before and he spoke highly of them. I am never afraid of trying something going in knowing that I may be disappointed.

I am very happy with the Ace. But at some point I’ll have a V22 with a fast twist 24”-26” Benchmark 3 groove on it at some point.

I agree. For a bench gun.

For a rifle where lots of movement might be involved like standing or kneeling or something in between, getting that bullet out of the barrel asap where shooter induced movement is more important.

I have a 16 inch Vudoo as a trainer. Dont regret it for a second.

My next Vudoo will be a dedicated 50 meter prone gun at International Smallbore targets. The barrel will start at 26 and get shorter depending on my needs.

For a rifle where lots of movement might be involved like standing or kneeling or something in between, getting that bullet out of the barrel asap where shooter induced movement is more important.

My next Vudoo will be a dedicated 50 meter prone gun at International Smallbore targets. The barrel will start at 26 and get shorter depending on my needs.

Yes, I agree 100%. I was speaking from a pure rifle potential standpoint (no shooter influence).

Reactions: Matt_3479
When considering barrel length just know the v22 has a long tenion. Like 2" long. I chose the 20" but looks shorter than. I would've expected due to the long tenion

Reactions: bjay
Three of my four had the same issue. Find the scuff marks on the magazines that stick, and file (not sand) off a couple thousands. The modification won't even show if you use a fine tooth single-cut file.
Thanks for the tip...did it this morning and there are mags flying everywhere!

Reactions: 4sfed

The 16 inch I have is great for movement in vehicles and PRS type courses. I have observed that I loose no velocity to the 20 or 24 inch barrels I have. In fact those longer ones tend to give slightly slower velocity. Don't think there is any adverse impact on accuracy. The Vudoo shoots as well as what others here see. I would go for a shorty every time.
image.jpeg