• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I believe I’ll picking up the 18” model in the PX, and will have to start figuring out which suppressor I want for it next! ☺ Probably going to keep my eyes open for a used Bravo or Xray for it as an initial home, and will decide what stock/chassis will be it’s permanent home later as funds allow. I can’t decide if I want to make a complete AIAT clone as a trainer, or have fun w/ a Sentinel or A5/PRS1/W3, etc. Again, decisions, decisions...:LOL:

Here’s a 16.5” to get ya started
4A1D4498-4CDB-4069-A766-182BEE6F56B4.jpeg

Reactions: rizzle and Basher
Went out to shoot my new V22, too damn hot. My eyeballs were sweating. Pulled the trigger 20x and decided to go home. Got one decent group at 100 yards....0.8xx edge to edge. Was surprised to see at 200 yards, the 22 went through a 2x4 like nothing. Need to try it at 300.

Went out to shoot my new V22, too damn hot. My eyeballs were sweating. Pulled the trigger 20x and decided to go home. Got one decent group at 100 yards....0.8xx edge to edge. Was surprised to see at 200 yards, the 22 went through a 2x4 like nothing. Need to try it at 300.

How hot is too hot to shoot?

I believe I’ll picking up the 18” model in the PX, and will have to start figuring out which suppressor I want for it next! ☺ Probably going to keep my eyes open for a used Bravo or Xray for it as an initial home, and will decide what stock/chassis will be it’s permanent home later as funds allow. I can’t decide if I want to make a complete AIAT clone as a trainer, or have fun w/ a Sentinel or A5/PRS1/W3, etc. Again, decisions, decisions...:LOL:
That's what is great about the V22. You can try all the stocks and chassis you want to find the best one. I lucked out and found a used AT chassis in the PX and just swapped the skins to match my AT. One day I want to try J Allen chassis. They look really cool to me.

Reactions: Basher
That's what is great about the V22. You can try all the stocks and chassis you want to find the best one. I lucked out and found a used AT chassis in the PX and just swapped the skins to match my AT. One day I want to try J Allen chassis. They look really cool to me.

Oh, I've had most of those I've listed, haha. I went through a lot of stocks/chassis back when I had a TL2, and liked a lot of them. I just can't decide which I liked most (they were all so good!), or if I really want an "exact" duplicate of my AI, or if I want to have something different just because. I'm thinking I may try to get a tour of McMillan as well for a little more side-by-side and hands-on comparisons. I love the A5, the Sentinel is a pretty close match to the AI with a touch more class and more custom options, and most of the chassis on the market are phenomenal. I'll figure it out, or I'll wind up with multiples again and switch between them when I want, haha.

@Basher there is a Sentinel listed in the PX as well, it purple but the price is not bad and you could have it cerakoted.

Yeah, I saw that. I probably won’t have enough on hand unless some of my other items move, so we’ll see. I kind of want my own custom marble colors though, so we’ll see... I appreciate you pointing it out, though!

I tried posting mine here but it never showed up. Broken link.
So here she is.
Trigger Tech Diamond.
IOR Recon 4-28x50 with 40mm main tube.
Action skim bedded on pillars
Greyboe Ridgeback
Atlas bipod.
ARC one piece with bubble level, 25MOA, ring set.
View attachment 7104444
View attachment 7104445
View attachment 7104446
Nice looking rig stainless barrel in the white looks nice.
.I’m surprised the IOR didn’t disintegrate after the first shot with a 22, From all the threads around here...lol

Oh, I've had most of those I've listed, haha. I went through a lot of stocks/chassis back when I had a TL2, and liked a lot of them. I just can't decide which I liked most (they were all so good!), or if I really want an "exact" duplicate of my AI, or if I want to have something different just because. I'm thinking I may try to get a tour of McMillan as well for a little more side-by-side and hands-on comparisons. I love the A5, the Sentinel is a pretty close match to the AI with a touch more class and more custom options, and most of the chassis on the market are phenomenal. I'll figure it out, or I'll wind up with multiples again and switch between them when I want, haha.
I wanted to duplicate my AI but will probably try some others in the future. I was really torn between the AT chassis and the AX. In the end the AT chassis was cheaper and I know I like the way it feels for me.

Nice looking rig stainless barrel in the white looks nice.
.I’m surprised the IOR didn’t disintegrate after the first shot with a 22, From all the threads around here...lol

Yeah I'm well aware of all that nonsense. Already had one guy take a shot at me about " Schott glass".
I started to ask him who paid for my scope, him or me. But I figured that would lead to all out war, and piss Frank off.
I've been behind all the other ones too. My preference for my V22 was and still is , IOR Recon. The mechanics are dead nuts spot on. The glass , as everyone seems to already know, is exceptional. Love the reticle. Plus I got a damn good deal on it. And it focuses down to 21 feet. I may never use it at 21 feet but if I ever want to. Well. And ,,,,,,,40mm main tube. Love the way that looks. Try one sometime. You might like it.

T.S.

Reactions: brianf
So I made a few changes on the vudoo this morning. Got a 60moa rail on with a Athlon etr. Also I put the pmm bolt knob on this morning I will say definitely much better feel running the bolt. I’ll be making my 2 hr drive soon see if I can get out and hit 500 today...
E1EE5EEE-BE85-4F3E-A902-BF507302D804.jpeg
I
00576BC9-B664-42B7-9299-218F2E790AFA.jpeg

I really wanted that stock...but ended up with the AT since I didn't want to wait. How does it shoot, was it bedded?

I haven’t shot it yet. Dropping it off with smith to bed it this week. But I’m assuming it will shoot like vudoo always does.

I will say the spartan bottom dweller metal is about the smoothest I’ve felt in terms of magazine insertion. Very impressed with the bottom metal so far.

I have a heavy fill on order. This one feels like more of a medium fill. So, it will do well on the vudoo, but I likely wouldn’t run it on centerfire as I prefer a little heavier.

Also, in my opinion, McMillan overplayed how close the grip is to the trigger. While it’s closer than many, the kmw sentinel is still noticeably closer.

Because of the sentinel being closer, I’m debating if I’m going to keep or cancel my custom A10 I have on order.

Attachments

• 32A9C7B2-B513-4405-8ACF-B313C341B660.jpeg
    32A9C7B2-B513-4405-8ACF-B313C341B660.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 140
  • 01B47C25-F907-4E61-B232-B02AEC522174.png
    01B47C25-F907-4E61-B232-B02AEC522174.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 145
So yesterday was a good day made solid hits at 500 yards. Hitting a 18inch Ipsic and a 10inch swinging plate. I was impressed with the results. Also what ballistic calculator’s is every one using for the 22LR data? I run ballistic ae and applied ballistic.

Ballistic ae was telling me about 1.5 mils low and applied ballistic was about 2 Mils high. I did my own dope from 300 yards out.

MK

So yesterday was a good day made solid hits at 500 yards. Hitting a 18inch Ipsic and a 10inch swinging plate. I was impressed with the results. Also what ballistic calculator’s is every one using for the 22LR data? I run ballistic ae and applied ballistic.

Ballistic ae was telling me about 1.5 mils low and applied ballistic was about 2 Mils high. I did my own dope from 300 yards out.

MK
I would think that 500 would be more than far enough to true up your DSF if your using a Kestrel with AB. Did you mess with that at all?

That’s still ok. In Ballistics AE, true up your MV at 500 and input what your true impact was. Should help tighten up your drops in between too

Just corrected on ballistic ae. Still trying for applied ballistic kinda new with that app.

dangling $ to the smith so they tell you what the latest and greatest is...shrewd man shrewd.

Reactions: BigRed308
I have the new kestrel w/ae but still need to learn how to use it. I never used one before.

I'm currently only shooting my Vudoo off of a bench at 100 yards with a 45x45 dot reticle scope, for that it works well. Matches shooting steel at multiple ranges from 25 to 250+ yards in different positions are starting to pop up in my area. What scope would work best for this type of shooting? FFP or SFP? Reticle? Mil or Moa? Power range?

What scope would work best for this type of shooting? FFP or SFP? Reticle? Mil or Moa? Power range?

I don’t mean to be a wet blanket, but AAAAALLLLL of those questions can be answered by spending a few minutes getting intimate with the ol’ search function. Please become acquainted with it. ;) Most of them (reticle, Mil/MOA, mag range) can only be answered by yourself, based upon your own preferences.

I think you should figure out far far your going for on your distance. I’ve made a few equipment changes on my vudoo over the last few months. Figured I’d be happy with 300 yard shots but I found out quick I wanted more because the rifle is very capable well beyond 300.

Mk

Reactions: 10ring1
Definitely 25 yard parallax ... I’m running the etr my self now..

How do you like your ETR? After doing a bunch of research on various scopes online today the ETR seems to be the one I'm leaning towards.

@RAVAGE88

A 17hm2 would be fairly straight forward.

Would love to see one of your guns shooting that and how it stacks up against the 17hm2 round.

At least then it would show the accuracy limitations of the ammunition and not the rifle

I have a 17 blank here for it. Just can't seem to get any time. Plus I really don't want to pull the 22 barrel off mine.....

Reactions: Frankr
@RAVAGE88

A 17hm2 would be fairly straight forward.

Would love to see one of your guns shooting that and how it stacks up against the 17hm2 round.

At least then it would show the accuracy limitations of the ammunition and not the rifle

Yessir, very straight forward, built one in the lab about a year ago and it runs great. The only thing different about the receiver is it isn't marked 22LR, everything else is identical.

MB

Reactions: Frankr
Yessir, very straight forward, built one in the lab about a year ago and it runs great. The only thing different about the receiver is it isn't marked 22LR, everything else is identical.

MB

How did it shoot :p ?

Any 50 yard and 100 yard groups?

I have a 17 blank here for it. Just can't seem to get any time. Plus I really don't want to pull the 22 barrel off mine.....

If you ever do, please post results.

I have a 17hm2 455 barrel and 2 - 17hmr 455 barrels and I love the fact the 17 hm2 is half the cost (for me locally) that 17 hmr ammo is. My kids love the 17 hm2 or Hmr over the 22lr because of the explosiveness on targets (It really is impressive on reactive targets) and the fact of minimal drop within 150 yards.

If you ever do, please post results.

I have a 17hm2 455 barrel and 2 - 17hmr 455 barrels and I love the fact the 17 hm2 is half the cost (for me locally) that 17 hmr ammo is. My kids love the 17 hm2 or Hmr over the 22lr because of the explosiveness on targets (It really is impressive on reactive targets) and the fact of minimal drop within 150 yards.
Oh it's going to happen. Just when is the issue. Maybe this winter it will happen. I need the 17 as we have a couple places to shoot varmints that are in the rocks, at least a 17 will evaporate hitting the rocks and concrete chunks. Unlike the 22.

I still need to order an action wrench or build one, along with figuring out what to do about a reamer.

Just got the call from my FFA, the v-22 Apparition has landed!!! Just need to get through the work day. Like a kid on Christmas Eve!
"Thank You" to the Vudoo team for the amazingly quick delivery!!
I'll post pics soon.

Reactions: 10ring1
21 days from order to ready that's insane awesome service and of course the rifle is beautiful. 18 inch bartlein, burnt bronze cerakote with a green and black splatter adjustable. Only thing missing is my atlas and that's because I bought the wrong size rail

Attachments

• 20190711_175021.jpg
    20190711_175021.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 20190711_175000.jpg
    20190711_175000.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 231
21 days from order to ready that's insane awesome service and of course the rifle is beautiful. 18 inch bartlein, burnt bronze cerakote with a green and black splatter adjustable. Only thing missing is my atlas and that's because I bought the wrong size rail
I for see a 60 moa rail and 34 mil tube scope coming.. lol at least that’s what happened to me any ways...lol