• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I had Jewell HVRs on both my converted 40Xs & the 1st V-22. Had heard a lot of good reviews on the TT Diamond, so bought two of them for the 2nd & 3rd V-22s. As much as I've always liked Jewell triggers, the Diamond is my new favorite. I have no reservations in recommending them to anyone with a V-22...

A vote for the Bix'NAndy Single Stage Tac Sport Pro. 100 g to 1000 g, crisp as the creases in a Marine's dress uniform.

RLS

As the Romans said, "De gustibus non disputandum est."

Finally joined the club. I have enjoyed reading every one of the 78 pages in this thread. It’s a shooter but still lots to learn.

Attachments

• 03C2AA5E-A3CA-43B3-90D2-D1C82A288797.jpeg
    03C2AA5E-A3CA-43B3-90D2-D1C82A288797.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 162
Reactions: 10ring1
Finally joined the club. I have enjoyed reading every one of the 78 pages in this thread. It’s a shooter but still lots to learn.
Is that your shooting bench? Looks sturdy!

Good news, below is an excerpt of the first paragraph of an email I received from our Patent Attorney today.:

“Dear Mike,

We’re pleased to let you know that we have just received notice that the above patent will issue on December 3, 2019 as US Patent Number 10,495,394. This means that you may (and should) apply the patent number to goods, packaging, and promotional materials wherever practical, to put competitors on notice of your rights.”

This patent is applied to the Vudoo Mid-Lock Bolt Action (V-22 and others that follow); the magazine patent is cooking along as positively as the action patent did and we expect to post similar news after the first of the year.

MB

Congrats Mike. Received news from Jill that my rifle shipped today. Can’t wait to get it. If it is anything like my PRS rifle you built me several years ago it is going to,be great. Thanks again for a fantastic buying experience.

Noe’

Congrats Mike. Received news from Jill that my rifle shipped today. Can’t wait to get it. If it is anything like my PRS rifle you built me several years ago it is going to,be great. Thanks again for a fantastic buying experience.

Noe’

That's awesome news Noe', reach out if you need anything.

MB

I'd like to Thank everyone over at Vudoo Gun Works and their Vendors for making their products second to none, and proudly made in the USA! Along with a huge shout-out to Mike Bush for making this a reality and become available for us all to own and enjoy.

I've been shooting guns my whole life, and I gotta say I don't think I've ever had so much fun shooting a firearm as much as this one! Not even as a kid when I received my Markman, and Pro-Marksman fifty years ago have I had this much fun shooting groups! I've always liked shooting the little 22LR, there's something magical about having a rifle this well made that can shoot ity-bity groups.

Which must have been his reason for calling his Company Vudoo Gun Work..... His long guns work, it's almost Vudoo how accurate they are and I'm so glad I made this purchase! So Thanks VGW.

P1050777.JPG
P1050768.JPG

I'd like to Thank everyone over at Vudoo Gun Works and their Vendors for making their products second to none, and proudly made in the USA! Along with a huge shout-out to Mike Bush for making this a reality and become available for us all to own and enjoy.

I've been shooting guns my whole life, and I gotta say I don't think I've ever had so much fun shooting a firearm as much as this one! Not even as a kid when I received my Markman, and Pro-Marksman fifty years ago have I had this much fun shooting groups! I've always liked shooting the little 22LR, there's something magical about having a rifle this well made that can shoot ity-bity groups.

Which must have been his reason for calling his Company Vudoo Gun Work..... His long guns work, it's almost Vudoo how accurate they are and I'm so glad I made this purchase! So Thanks VGW.

View attachment 7183740View attachment 7183742

This^^^^is what it’s about and I continue to be humbled by this community. We’re excited to be doing what we’re doing, because we’re doing it for the right reasons; the shooters in this community come first. And this is what drives us to continue and to challenge ourselves every day. There’s no better time for those interested in Precision Rimfire and we’re committed to exactly what we say for all the right reasons.

“We envision and create the exceptional, employees with passion, products that exceed customer expectations, and relationships based on respect and consideration.”

Thank you, 6.5 GUY.

MB

I second 6.5 Guy feelings! Well said. And congratulations to you Mike on the patent. The only complaint I have with my Vudoo is, now I don’t feel like shooting my other guns!

Good news, below is an excerpt of the first paragraph of an email I received from our Patent Attorney today.:

“Dear Mike,

We’re pleased to let you know that we have just received notice that the above patent will issue on December 3, 2019 as US Patent Number 10,495,394. This means that you may (and should) apply the patent number to goods, packaging, and promotional materials wherever practical, to put competitors on notice of your rights.”

This patent is applied to the Vudoo Mid-Lock Bolt Action (V-22 and others that follow); the magazine patent is cooking along as positively as the action patent did and we expect to post similar news after the first of the year.

MB
Really looking forward to an amicable resolution with Bergara where both parties benefit. Kind of hoping the Curtis rimfire will use your magazines too.

“Dear Mike,

MB

Forgive my ignorance, the patent looks like Chinese to me.... What is a mid-lock bolt action if you are able to talk more about it?

Forgive my ignorance, the patent looks like Chinese to me.... What is a mid-lock bolt action if you are able to talk more about it?

The Mid-Lock as it relates to the V-22 patent covers technology that eliminates lug ways that propagate forward of the abutments, which are in the middle of the receiver; the locking lugs on the bolt being in the middle of the bolt, hence, Mid-Lock.

If you recall the 40X, which is a mid-lock, the lug ways were broached through the length of the receiver, because those rimfires started life as a center fire blank. I noted issues with that approach, so I created the ability to have the lug ways stop at the locking abutments in the receiver....huge advantage to dictating a specific outcome and part of the V-22 accuracy equation. There are at least two pure clones of the 40X that copied the same lugway convention of the 40X. This is why I say, aside from the common footprint, the V-22 is quite a departure from all other features that are deeply inherent to the 40X.

Other popular rimfires have locking lugs in the rear of the receiver, a feature found in the Winchester 52, as well as the more popular German made stuff.

The only other mid-lock rimfire that had no lugways beyond the abutments was the Gilke, which were handmade and he only made two. I approached it completely different for the sake of Design for Manufacture.

Also, not specific to the mid-lock nomenclature, the lug profile used in the V-22 is not shaped like Remington lugs or clones of such. Look at the Skype logo, then look at your V-22 Bolt. I did this so the short lugways can be machined, not broached or EDM cut. Another significant departure from the 40X.

MB

Last edited:
The Mid-Lock as it relates to the V-22 patent covers technology that eliminates lug ways that propagate forward of the abutments, which are in the middle of the receiver; the locking lugs on the bolt being in the middle of the bolt, hence, Mid-Lock.

If you recall the 40X, which is a mid-lock, the lug ways were broached through the length of the receiver, because those rimfires started life as a center fire blank. I noted issues with that approach, so I created the ability to have the lug ways stop at the locking abutments in the receiver....huge advantage to dictating a specific outcome and part of the V-22 accuracy equation. There are at least two pure clones of the 40X that copied the same lugway convention of the 40X. This is why I say, aside from the common footprint, the V-22 is quite a departure from all other features that are deeply inherent to the 40X.

Other popular rimfires have locking lugs in the rear of the receiver, a feature found in the Winchester 52, as well as the more popular German made stuff.

The only other mid-lock rimfire that had no lugways beyond the abutments was the Gilke, which were handmade and he only made two. I approached it completely different for the sake of Design for Manufacture.

Also, not specific to the mid-lock nomenclature, the lug profile used in the V-22 is not shaped like Remington lugs or clones of such. Look at the Skype logo, then look at your V-22 Bolt. I did this so the short lugways can be machined, not broached or EDM cut. Another significant departure from the 40X.

MB
Hello Mike B,
I really like virtually all types of .22s and I was just looking at the Bergara B14R but if they are stealing
your work, there is no way in hell that I would buy their stuff. I have worked with Paul and Jill and they have been just fantastic. Please keep me posted if you can.
Shawn Carroll

Reactions: 10ring1
Hello Mike B,
I really like virtually all types of .22s and I was just looking at the Bergara B14R but if they are stealing
your work, there is no way in hell that I would buy their stuff. I have worked with Paul and Jill and they have been just fantastic. Please keep me posted if you can.
Shawn Carroll

Hi Shawn, the B14R action doesn’t infringe on what I’ve done in the V-22; I didn’t have any real concerns after seeing their bolt, etc., very early on. The receiver is more of a 40X copy and bolt is akin to a Ruger 77-22.

Thanks, really appreciate your support.

MB

Last edited:

MB

Man...just when I didn't think it could get any better... And then it just may. Thanks for sharing and clearing that up

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Man...just when I didn't think it could get any better... And then it just may. Thanks for sharing and clearing that up

Thanks 10Ring, now that the patent for the action is in place, I'll be a bit more open about what's different about the V-22. Originally, prior to Vudoo, what became the V-22 was supposed to be the re-introduced platform of yesteryear, so, although there are major departures in design and execution, there was a bit of that older DNA in the V-22. As we've progressed, that "trace" DNA has been disappearing bit by bit; the approach being to create a superior "system" by avoiding common "design" practices.

MB

Thanks 10Ring, now that the patent for the action is in place, I'll be a bit more open about what's different about the V-22. Originally, prior to Vudoo, what became the V-22 was supposed to be the re-introduced platform of yesteryear, so, although there are major departures in design and execution, there was a bit of that older DNA in the V-22. As we've progressed, that "trace" DNA has been disappearing bit by bit; the approach being to create a superior "system" by avoiding common "design" practices.

MB

All that sounds good, all I know is build build a damn nice rifle! LOL

Looks like I'll have to recut the foam in my guncase!

Hope the short 5's are in the pipeline, too, I know the Silhouette guys are waiting!

Five, 10, 12 and 15....Available NLT January. Have five and 10 round proto's at Anodizing, more pics to follow.

MB

Reactions: JohnJohn and Duc

MB
Been testing proto's of the machined magazines for quite a while.

49976-A60-4318-40-C0-B93-A-72-C60-DF00-F71.jpg

MB
What do I do with my 20 poly mags ? LoL