• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Does anyone have some 100yd groups with a proof barreled vudoo??

@RAVAGE88 what’s the longest proof barrel you guys offer by chance?

I've been having the same thoughts. I have a coupe of CF rifles w/Proof barrels and am not disappointed. But since I'd like a ".22 Trainer" I should probably consider an 18" or 20" MTU or Kukri profile to come closer to approximating the weight/balance of my 6mm CM w/26" Med Palma.

I've been having the same thoughts. I have a coupe of CF rifles w/Proof barrels and am not disappointed. But since I'd like a ".22 Trainer" I should probably consider an 18" or 20" MTU or Kukri profile to come closer to approximating the weight/balance of my 6mm CM w/26" Med Palma.
Ive never seen vudoo proof longer than 20"
If theres 24" id be all over it..we not allow to use suppressor so longer barrel for me is nice

Beyond 22", the bullet loses velocity due to friction from the barrel and all powder has burned by about 13". 20" seems to be the sweet spot. There's a video fo Mike explaining a process he did.

Beyond 22", the bullet loses velocity due to friction from the barrel and all powder has burned by about 13". 20" seems to be the sweet spot. There's a video fo Mike explaining a process he did.
I’m kinda hoping for a 22” but a 20” would suffice. I just need to see groups compared to a normal barrel to see if the extra is worth it.

Just a quick trip to the 50 yard indoor range to get my new Nightforce 7-35 sighted in. Shot a few ten shot groups with Center-X. I can’t get over how awesome the Vudoo is. Really looking forward to those aluminum magazines next year!

7057D0C8-67EB-4D6F-8642-9F0F54A66D94.png
59826F37-4C38-4855-9429-C4DE73003181.png

Just to pile on....

1. The V-22 is simply amazing .... and the climate/culture of Vudoo is just as important as the rifle as to what sets them apart.
2. The entire Team Vudoo/Mike's support to the shooting community is amazing...to include being here on the Hide AND the prize table at many matches.
3. Mike Suttle drove 3-4 hours in the cold rain and stood around at a match for another 8 hours just to represent Team Vudoo at a recent center fire finale match.
4. It was a good perspective to discuss the "Factory Teams" beating all us punters. Regardless of your opinion on it, what I saw from Mike Suttle is exactly what Mike spoke of; basically for Team Vudoo to shoot their best with the best equipment. But, at the same time, put just as much effort into helping the people on your squad/at the match with gear, technique, mental process, etc. Mike Suttle was not shooting that day, but I know he was a guy I woudl like to be on the same squad with...some others team shooters, not so much.

ZY
Thank you for the kind words ! It was my pleasure to come spend the day with you guys at the Pigg River finale! I’m honored to be a member of such a prestigious team of professionals at Vudoo Gunworks. The passion Mike Bush and the staff at Vudoo headquarters in Utah has for perfection is contagious and it spreads to the whole team. I drive all over the USA shooting NRL22 matches for team Vudoo and I’m always humbled by how many people tell me how much they love their Vudoo V-22. And everyone always comments on the amazing customer service! I’m so proud to be a part of such a great team! I hope they keep me around for a while ! ?

I've been shooting Gen 2 for about 18 months, in-house rifles have been using Gen 2 for about a year and we made the production change roughly three months ago.

MB

Would the rifles in stock at Mile High have the new firing control group or would we need to order through you at this point to be sure?

Would the rifles in stock at Mile High have the new firing control group or would we need to order through you at this point to be sure?

Right now, I'm not really sure; it appears Gen 1 is still sprinkled in amongst the Gen 2. I'm headed back to StG on Jan 5th and will look into it.

MB

Reactions: Bradu
Whats the cost for complete firing control gen2 mike..will it drop it on my existing bolt?
A gen2 spare ..why not :)

We haven't haven't priced it out yet and won't be offering any upgrade parts until Feb.

MB

There are groups on our FB Group page I believe, I'll dig around today and see if I can find them.

Currently, the longest Proof CF we offer is 22"

MB

Reactions: Krob95
Has anyone found nylon cleaning jags small enough to fit in the Vudoo bore guide?

edit: My .22 stuff won’t fit. I bought the .17-.20 rod from here:

But, the only cleaning brushes and jags that are threaded 5x40 are .20 cal.

I use a Pro-Shot 20cal jag on a Pro-Shot 20cal rod. As people mentioned, 20cal (and 17cal) are 5-40 threaded. If you buy any 17cal or 20cal jag, it should be 5-40.

Stick to 20cal jag and just find patches that work with that setup. I believe I am also using Pro-Shot patches. Butches triple-twill on a 20cal jag are still too tight in a 22LR bore.

I may have missed it somewhere in the 86 pages of this thread, but I have a question regarding stocks for the V-22. We all know that the action will drop into a Rem 700 footprint action. My question has to do with the placement of the side bolt release.

Is the side bolt release located 'high enough' in the receiver so that a stock inletted for a 700 - McMillan, Manners, Greyboe, etc, does not need additional inletting or relief so the bolt release will clear and not interfere with the stock?

I have a Grayboe and a MPA for the Vudoo neither have any issues with the bolt release, it drops right in to both. The only issue, and it is cosmetic is the ejection port is longer than what is needed for the Vudoo.

Reactions: 10ring1
^^^ Thanks. Just the info I was looking for. The lengthy ejection port is understandable.

I may have missed it somewhere in the 86 pages of this thread, but I have a question regarding stocks for the V-22. We all know that the action will drop into a Rem 700 footprint action. My question has to do with the placement of the side bolt release.

Is the side bolt release located 'high enough' in the receiver so that a stock inletted for a 700 - McMillan, Manners, Greyboe, etc, does not need additional inletting or relief so the bolt release will clear and not interfere with the stock?

Yes, the bolt release is rolled above stock centerline so it doesn't interfere.

MB

Drops right into Manners stocks also. I have had my Vidoo in 3 different ones and no issues.

Reactions: dwt
I think it was called the Ravage? Non-adjustable. It was the Greyboe cheap ones.

It has two screws and glued on. I remove the screws and use a heat gun to remove it. Are you wanting a long LOP?

MB

I need a shorter length of pull. I use this rifle for bench shooting, about 12 3/4” pull needed.
There are no screw holes showing in the butt pad.

They're not holes, more so slits that have closed up, but are located where you'd typically see holes. If you probe around with a Phillips head screwdriver, you'll find them pretty easily.

MB

FWIW, I see that MileHighShooting has a Greyboe Renegade stock that is specifically inletted for the V-22 w/sdj cheekpiece and what looks to be an ejection port inlet that follows the lines of the V-22 ejection port. When the time comes, I think I'm going to go with a McMillan A6 PRS adjustable. Had one on my 6CM , sold it, and kick myself in the a$$ everytime I think about having done so. I have one on order to replace it - may just order another.

Cool that you're using 7075, I was curious how 6061 would hold up at the feed lips if you were not hard anodizing them.
Should be zero questions with 7075.

I need a 5 and a 15 as soon as they are ready!

Reactions: Shooter1960655
Cool that you're using 7075, I was curious how 6061 would hold up at the feed lips if you were not hard anodizing them.
Should be zero questions with 7075.

I need a 5 and a 15 as soon as they are ready!

Yep, 6061 would do ok, but based on the properties of the brass, 7075 with a specific heat treat condition is working great. The bolt nose doesn't contact the top of the magazine, just pushes the follower down, but the brass sliding through the mag was the consideration for 7075.

Five round mags will be available for order within another week or so, followed by 15s.

MB

OK Vudoo folks, I currently have 2 V-22's and love them. I ran into a guy at the range who told me that I do not stand a chance in Benchrest competitions with my Vudoo in a MDT chassis. Is he right? If so why?

OK Vudoo folks, I currently have 2 V-22's and love them. I ran into a guy at the range who told me that I do not stand a chance in Benchrest competitions with my Vudoo in a MDT chassis. Is he right? If so why?
I recall some time ago Vudoo posting results from either the Eley or Lapua test facilities. Some of the best accuracy they had ever tested. Find that for you Anny buddy.

Well, no, he's not right and yes, he's right. Now, if I were to stop right there you'd likely say out loud at your monitor, "what the hell are you trying to say?" First, we have quite a few guys dominating in "F" Class and some Bench Rest with the very same rifles everyone is getting from us. In fact, there's one BR guy that's used his Vudoo numerous times in BR and prefers it over his 2500X BR build. However, at a certain level of competition, this no longer holds true as it becomes a very gear dominate game such as stock design, rests, etc.

So, the way to dominate at those levels is to do a specific BR build with the Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR Action. This is a three lug, six o'clock ignition with the all new Gen 2 Fire Control system that includes the Vudoo/Flavio Trigger made in Italy. The trigger is a direct collab between Flavio and Fabio Fare and I. It's adjustable from .7 to 2.9 oz and simply blows other Rem700 style BR triggers out of the water. The action will be available in February in traditional right and left hand configurations along with RB/LP and LB/RP. I'm currently playing with various barrels and a few other things unique to Vudoo.

So, in a pretty short period of time, the answer to your question about whether he's right or not is a definitive, "No!"

MB

Just curious if y’all intended on running a tuner on your BR gun?
Also drives the question of are you going to do some 24” plus barrel lengths like the typical BR guy does..

once the BR matches start around April I’m going to take mine out and see if I can’t run with these BR rigs I’m confident that I’m going to do pretty well without a tuner and just using a bag plate on the forearm.

Reactions: Raufoss
Well, no, he's not right and yes, he's right. Now, if I were to stop right there you'd likely say out loud at your monitor, "what the hell are you trying to say?" First, we have quite a few guys dominating in "F" Class and some Bench Rest with the very same rifles everyone is getting from us. In fact, there's one BR guy that's used his Vudoo numerous times in BR and prefers it over his 2500X BR build. However, at a certain level of competition, this no longer holds true as it becomes a very gear dominate game such as stock design, rests, etc.

So, the way to dominate at those levels is to do a specific BR build with the Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR Action. This is a three lug, six o'clock ignition with the all new Gen 2 Fire Control system that includes the Vudoo/Flavio Trigger made in Italy. The trigger is a direct collab between Flavio and Fabio Fare and I. It's adjustable from .7 to 2.9 oz and simply blows other Rem700 style BR triggers out of the water. The action will be available in February in traditional right and left hand configurations along with RB/LP and LB/RP. I'm currently playing with various barrels and a few other things unique to Vudoo.

So, in a pretty short period of time, the answer to your question about whether he's right or not is a definitive, "No!"

MB
Well Keep me posted. it sounds like i am going to have 3 Vudoos in the near future. Are you going to have BR stock options as well?

Reactions: Jrsandiego
Well Keep me posted. it sounds like i am going to have 3 Vudoos in the near future. Are you going to have BR stock options as well?
I would really like to see a machined aluminum stock like this as an option:

Baer620top.jpg

Reactions: usafa77
never mind on the stock option question, that was dumb on my part, I keep forgetting that these will fit 700 SA stocks

Just curious if y’all intended on running a tuner on your BR gun?
Also drives the question of are you going to do some 24” plus barrel lengths like the typical BR guy does..

once the BR matches start around April I’m going to take mine out and see if I can’t run with these BR rigs I’m confident that I’m going to do pretty well without a tuner and just using a bag plate on the forearm.

It's likely we'll be supplying more actions than building/shipping dedicated BR guns, but still working on those details a bit. I'll be building a few in the lab with Vudoo, Shilen and Muller barrels and do plan to use tuners, but initially, they're more for fine tuning a chamber design. I recently met with the CEO and other Execs from Eley and have a few ideas based on the details they shared, so pretty anxious to get into the data. So, still a few details to work out but the complete action assembly eliminates a lot of what I've observed in the BR world.

MB

Guys the Vudoo is capable of being competitive in BR and F-class...I shot a 199 and 198 in our last ABRA match with a mpa chassis, mdt bipod and fortune cookie. At only my 2nd smallbore f-class with the same comb I shot 1188 out 1200 in a 15 mph crosswind. While I am getting one of the new BR action when released, I truly believe I will shoot some 200's with a rest or bipod made for bench and f-class. My rifle is one of the first Vudoo's made! Gen 1 everything and only a 18" barrel! While most of the BR or F-class full time shooters would think the scores were low, would love for them to take my bipod and bag and see what they score with their rifles!

Guys the Vudoo is capable of being competitive in BR and F-class...I shot a 199 and 198 in our last ABRA match with a mpa chassis, mdt bipod and fortune cookie. At only my 2nd smallbore f-class with the same comb I shot 1188 out 1200 in a 15 mph crosswind. While I am getting one of the new BR action when released, I truly believe I will shoot some 200's with a rest or bipod made for bench and f-class. My rifle is one of the first Vudoo's made! Gen 1 everything and only a 18" barrel! While most of the BR or F-class full time shooters would think the scores were low, would love for them to take my bipod and bag and see what they score with their rifles!

I'm contacted regularly and told of the successes of Vudoo shooters in F Class and BR matches which is what started us down the path of designing the BR action. What began as a singular path quickly led to a number of parallel developments which is how the Vudoo/Flavio trigger came to be, among other sub-assembly developments in the action. In rimfire performance, consistency is key (the reason the repeaters have been so successful) and one of the primary focal areas was ignition. So, the new fire control was developed, which, as I've stated in other posts, works in current V-22 repeaters, but without other features in the current repeaters, the differences aren't completely realized.

One of the coolest features in the new fire control is the absence of any lift forces at the back of the bolt caused by the 60 degree sear face in all Remington style triggers. In order to eliminate this flaw, it was necessary to design a new trigger, so I sent models, etc., to Flavio Fare and we had a new parallel development project. He'll also use this new trigger in his centerfire actions. The fire control remains SAP vs PAS because I don't necessarily subscribe to all the hoopla and debate of one versus the other. Basically, if/when one solves the right problems, no need for the band aids that lead to anecdotal information, but that's a whole nuther rabbit hole.

Another major difference is three lug over two lug, which doesn't contribute to performance per se', but there are other reasons I went that way. The V-22S is still based on our patented mid-lock design, but of course, when you shorten the angular rotation but still have to perform the same amount of "work," the bolt lift gets heavier. This isn't the case for the V-22S. Also, the bolt assembly disassembles with nothing more than a take-down pin provided by Vudoo. With an empty chamber and rifle cocked, insert the pin, remove the bolt assembly from the receiver and rotate the shroud slightly less than quarter turn and the firing pin assembly comes out. Once removed, twist the bolt nose and remove it. Also, as mentioned above, it's six o'clock ignition and I'm no longer striking across the case rim, but instead, striking inside the case rim.

All-in-all, pretty excited about this one and will post pics, etc., as the lab builds come together. Just a glimpse of what we have planned for 2020....

MB

Thanks for keeping us updated.Im sure you know but we would really like to see a 17HMR.Love my Vudoo.

Good thing I didn't guess/hope out loud so as not to spoil the fun, it sounds like you hit everything those "other disciplines" I talked about want... to a tee!

Fixing the angled sear issue will remove all the upward bolt pressure that exerts unequal lug pressure (as also the 3 lug will help).

I'm REALLY interested, as it now sounds like an action will finally be available that addresses ALL the issues everyone obsesses about in BR.....will scores REALLY improve, or is it all just a theoretical head game (which 99% of shooting is)??? LOL!!

Hopefully, all this will force the ammo manufacturers to step up their game, I'd sure like to see an American company make some good ammo.

Do all the new Gen 2 firing controls (including V22 future retrofits) have the "sideways horseshoe" shaped FP indent (I assume that's the new shape), or only the new V-22S?