• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Has anyone here had any luck with the +2 magazine extensions? I have heard both good and bad about them. I’m told Vudoo is working on a 12 rd magazine but it hasn’t been released yet. Our matches always seem to require 12 rounds per stage and those 2 extra rounds would be a huge help for me.
The +2 mag extensions work well, I used 2 of them all last summer, had no problems with them.

So my SK+ has a smaller SD than my Center-X, but a larger ES. That's why it can hold smaller groups closer, but just miss the target or have drastically large group due to a flyer or two.

Center-X had a ES of 20, SD of 10.
SK had a ES of 30, SD of 8.

ES of 20 vs 30 would mean a 2" vs a 3" group at 200.

I am not sure what a 10ES difference at 50/100 yards would mean, but it's not that drastic.
L:

If variation in MV were the determining factor in CTC group precision, then the ES of the MV would determine the CTC group precision at all distances. If I understand correctly, your observation is the CTC precision of a group correlates with, but is not determined by, the SD of the MV at 50 yd and therefore presumably at distances less than 50 yd. Interesting.

Rick

SK LR Match shot very well today w/ an average MOA of .91 @ 100. But, with both types of SK, I get hard bolt close, I assume it's hitting the lands, on about 15% of rounds fed. I really have to pull down hard on the bolt to get it to close. Center X has never done this. Anyone else?

Edit: also the SK LR Match was going supersonic about 75% of the time. Normal?

SK LR Match shot very well today w/ an average MOA of .91 @ 100. But, with both types of SK, I get hard bolt close, I assume it's hitting the lands, on about 15% of rounds fed. I really have to pull down hard on the bolt to get it to close. Center X has never done this. Anyone else?

Edit: also the SK LR Match was going supersonic about 75% of the time. Normal?
Did you measure the rim thickness? Center-X is pretty darn consistent at .0425 - 0.043". So if the rim is slightly thicker on your batches of ammo, it could be why it's harder to pull down the bolt.

Edit: Tight match barrel / Tight chamber, definitely can cause some loads of LR Match and Pistol Match Special to go supersonic. Also depends how much above see level you are. My Pistol Match Special, at Sea Level, was chroning at 1110 out of my Win52D Match Barrel.

Shot the same ammo box out of a CZ 457, and it shot at 1045.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
My 'fear' with SK + is that there have been reports or note that it has a very heavy wax coating. Moreso than several other brands. What say you that had experience with SK+?

SK ammo that I've shot doesn't have what I'd term 'wax' lube - rather, it's more of a thin grease. Quite a bit of difference between Eley's wax and the grease on SK/Lapua ammo. I carry a blue paper shop towel with me when shooting SK/Lapua ammo in a match - they seem to work really well in wiping the SK bullet lube off my fingers. Never had any sort of issue with this lube building up inside mags or the actions of Win 52, Anschutz 54/2011, Rem 40X, CZ457, or V22.

Reactions: littlepod
Yeah, I don’t get any wax from the sk/lapua offerings. The eley ones in the other hand us a wax type lube. While not in my vudoo, I haven’t had problems with eley in my other 22s either

Only time I've had issues with Eley's wax is on some ammo that's so old that the wax has turned white & that flakes off when ran through a repeater. Careful single loading in my Anschutz still works, but the worst of this is some old black box Match that was old when I bought it (at a discounted price) from Champion's Choice nearly 20yrs ago....

using a NF NX8 4-32 mil-xt. Vudoo came with 20moa rail, using a spuhr 3601 that has 20moa and can't get the elevation down enough to zero at 50yds. Anyone else run across this problem? Or am i doing something wrong ?

using a NF NX8 4-32 mil-xt. Vudoo came with 20moa rail, using a spuhr 3601 that has 20moa and can't get the elevation down enough to zero at 50yds. Anyone else run across this problem? Or am i doing something wrong ?
The combined 40 MOA is too much for your scopes available elevation adjustment. Try the 0 MOA top rail, that is the least expensive swap.

The combined 40 MOA is too much for your scopes available elevation adjustment.
not quite sure how u figure this out, but would a spuhr sb-4802 13mil/ 44moa mounted on a 20 moa rail, be to much for the 7-35 that has 100moa/29MRAD internal adjustment?

not quite sure how u figure this out, but would a spuhr sb-4802 13mil/ 44moa mounted on a 20 moa rail, be to much for the 7-35 that has 100moa/29MRAD internal adjustment?
Yes. That is too much. With a 40moa rail, you'll usually have about 4-5 mils left going down. With a 60moa rail you will most likely bottom out.

I have an NX8 4-32 and a 3601 with 20moa rail and had no issue zeroing at 50 on my Vudoo.

I have an NX8 4-32 and a 3601 with 20moa rail and had no issue zeroing at 50 on my Vudoo.
well i wonder what the heck i'm doing wrong. I need about 4 more clicks, crap brain farts, got it

Last edited:
Put her together and off to the range. Here's my report:
Awesome ...
Scope is only OK but I'll pull a Razor off a big gun this week.
Stock is going to Stock Doc for an adjustable cheek piece. Trigger is a two stage Calvin Elite ... also just OK. I will play with adjustments this week.
I am more impressed with the feel of quality and comfort (familiarity) of the feel compared to centerfires than I am with the actual performance. I shot SK Standard and Match. Actually shot the Standard better. I didn't measure groups but easy one hole at 50 and one inch at 100 if the wind stayed down. It was 30 degrees today but I'm kinda used to that.

Nice looking rifle. I sure wish info was out on the bench rest model.

Put her together and off to the range. Here's my report:
Awesome ...
Stock is going to Stock Doc for an adjustable cheek piece. Trigger is a two stage Calvin Elite ... also just OK. I will play with adjustments this week.
I am more impressed with the feel of quality and comfort (familiarity) of the feel compared to centerfires than I am with the actual performance. I shot SK Standard and Match. Actually shot the Standard better. I didn't measure groups but easy one hole at 50 and one inch at 100 if the wind stayed down. It was 30 degrees today but I'm kinda used to that.

What barrel profile is it?

Yup ... 18" Kukri. It is actually more barrel than I expected. I was torn between This and MTU and am VERY happy with the Kukri decision.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Yup ... 18" Kukri. It is actually more barrel than I expected. I was torn between This and MTU and am VERY happy with the Kukri decision.

Which suppressor? Looks like a TBAC 22 takedown but looks fatter than mine does on my Kukri.

Be interested to read your comments on why you only consider the scope 'OK'. Lots of good reviews on the Athlon Ares ETR.

Yes on all counts! BTR with 30mm tube. Clicks are mushy. Edges of glass not great and not as bright/clear as some other scopes. For the money its a home run ... I have another on my Kidd/McRee 10/22 and it certainly works. The Vudoo deserves better is really what I was implying. I like my Gen 2 Razors ... maybe I'll move one over on a trial basis.

I got out with my Vudoo for the first time today. The range I went to has 25 and 50 yard firing points but if someone is at 25 the 50 can’t be used. I was stuck at 25 for the duration. I was shooting FGMM. Here are a few of my groups.
BB267B95-ABD5-4BD7-9009-C23414B58E0F.png
605931AA-7931-44E1-8C27-077B417265E4.png
40D52D51-1653-4D87-B410-A4897EFC4AD9.png

Last edited:
Yes on all counts! BTR with 30mm tube. Clicks are mushy. Edges of glass not great and not as bright/clear as some other scopes. For the money its a home run ... I have another on my Kidd/McRee 10/22 and it certainly works. The Vudoo deserves better is really what I was implying. I like my Gen 2 Razors ... maybe I'll move one over on a trial basis.

When you mentioned that the Ares BTR's turrets are a bit mushy, I figured you've got one of the Gen 1 Ares, not the new Gen 2 with improved optics & turrets. Sort of confirmed that when you mentioned that the price was really good. Once Athlon started production of the Gen 2, they dropped the MAP on the Gen 1s - so is that what you've got?

Good tip! That actually works!

Regarding the scope ... It will not stop me from enjoying the rifle but I feel like this quality of gun deserves better. I bought three Ares scopes at once for a smoking deal so I am using them on other rigs. Definitely not dissatisfied for the price.