• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

If I had the $$ I would had bought that rifle

I’m gonna get a second one but I’m gonna wait for the benchrest version or the long range version with the fast twist tube!

Wait, there's going to be a long range version? Where can I find more info on that?

Wait, there's going to be a long range version? Where can I find more info on that?

Read Ravage’s post real close, there’s a thread on barrel twist, might be worth reading through..
Fast twist groove over 22” seem to Have some promise beyond 100 yards once Mike perfects that.. I’m thinking he will likely offer it as an option.

Read Ravage’s post real close, there’s a thread on barrel twist, might be worth reading through..
Fast twist groove over 22” seem to Have some promise beyond 100 yards once Mike perfects that.. I’m thinking he will likely offer it as an option.

They are in this thread. You can search just the thread by user name. Ravage88.

First 100 yard group’s on first day with new vudoo. Less than 50 rounds through it at this point. Rws r50. Shooting to the north with sw wind 15-20 mph.
20” Mtu ace barrel
Mpa ba comp chassis
Athlon Ares etr 4.5-30
85C86AE1-0DF1-480D-8966-62AA61A6FE52.jpeg

I just got my first vudoo yesterday. I shot it last night and it's amazing. I have one question though and can't find an answer in any of the threads.

When I push the bolt home it stops against the breech face, and the bolt will not go down. If I push down, even with some force, the bolt sticks.

To get it to go down I have to actually apply some forward pressure. It doesn't take much, but it's there, if I don't push forward and down, it's stuck.

Is this normal? Or is this cause it's new and that will get better at some point. It's kinda distracting cause sometimes I have to push enough to disturb the sight picture. In 100 rounds it felt like it was getting lighter but not a ton.

Ammo was center x, aguila match, Norma match and sk standard+. This is also a lefty rifle.

I love the rifle though and the mpa chassis just makes it that much better. I can't wait to shoot it at 100.

Reactions: Tremor3
I just got my first vudoo yesterday. I shot it last night and it's amazing. I have one question though and can't find an answer in any of the threads.

When I push the bolt home it stops against the breech face, and the bolt will not go down. If I push down, even with some force, the bolt sticks.

To get it to go down I have to actually apply some forward pressure. It doesn't take much, but it's there, if I don't push forward and down, it's stuck.

Is this normal? Or is this cause it's new and that will get better at some point. It's kinda distracting cause sometimes I have to push enough to disturb the sight picture. In 100 rounds it felt like it was getting lighter but not a ton.

Ammo was center x, aguila match, Norma match and sk standard+. This is also a lefty rifle.

I love the rifle though and the mpa chassis just makes it that much better. I can't wait to shoot it at 100.
If the bolt stuck noticeably with all those ammo brands, I'd place a call to Vudoo to discuss. I don't recall my bolt being hard to close even when new, other than with CCI SV ammo (large bullet skirt / case rim tolerances). @RAVAGE88 might want to weigh in here with a broader comment.

If the bolt stuck noticeably with all those ammo brands, I'd place a call to Vudoo to discuss. I don't recall my bolt being hard to close even when new, other than with CCI SV ammo (large bullet skirt / case rim tolerances). @RAVAGE88 might want to weigh in here with a broader comment.

I'm gonna run a couple hundred through it this afternoon, I'm guessing it's going to loosen up a bit.

I was wondering if it was designed to do this to hold the case better possibly.

I'm gonna run a couple hundred through it this afternoon, I'm guessing it's going to loosen up a bit.
If it isn't butter-smooth after a few hundred rounds of Center-X or similar (SK) ammo, it's worth a call. But you are absolutely correct to shoot it some and expect it to loosen up. If after, say, a brick of ammo, you're still having to push so hard that your sigh picture is seriously disturbed, I'd call.

I was wondering if it was designed to do this to hold the case better possibly.
Nope. I don't want to speak for Mike, but the action doesn't have to be forced closed in order to have optimal cartridge alignment/support.

Good luck. Post back here with break-in progress.

Reactions: goneballistic

I've had heavy bolt close on SK only. About 25% of the time. Thicker rim I was told. It' a tight chamber so it's to be expected on some ammo but it was built for Center X. Center X has been no issues for mine. Everything begins to really smooth out after 500 rounds. Mine shot well from the beginning, just some mechanical and part tolerance wear in.

I'm about to jump into the Vudoo pool but have a question for the collective. I'm going to put a barreled action in a JAE chassis and was wondering if the balance point with a Kukri profile would be better at 18" or 20"? TIA.

What happened to 17rupert's post. His quote is gone that I am referring to with my post..

I may be wrong... Correct that, I probably am wrong. But, here's my theory...

When Mike posted the info you're referring to, it was just prior to SHOT Show. Then, at SHOT Show, Cutting Edge Bullets announced their work on ELR 22lr bullets. Back to Mike's comments before the show, he said that he had passed the test-rifle off to someone for further testing. Now, post SHOT Show, Cutting Edge has stated that they were given a Vudoo rifle for testing. Given that these bullets by Cutting Edge will require faster twist rates to stabilize, it makes sense that maybe Mike's comments may have been regarding a possible partnership with Cutting Edge.

So, for those that missed Mike's comments in the twist rate thread, he was working on an ELR specific barrel for his Vudoo lineup which had a 22" barrel and an undisclosed "single digit" twist rate. The cartridges in the photo by Cutting Edge are 30, 40 and 50gr. In the article that I read, the 30gr variety will operate in a standard twist 22lr barrel. While the 40 and 50gr varieties will require faster twist barrels to stabilize. The 50gr one will likely need a single digit twist rate to stabilize.. See where I'm going?

I hope I'm wrong. I was hoping that Mike had hit on something that would work a miracle with traditional standard velocityView attachment 7254374 ammo. However, taking the science of internal and external ballistics into account, it makes way more sense that it's a Vudoo/Cutting Edge partnership.

I know, it's a leap of logic full of assumptions, but it makes sense, especially since Mike is such an innovator.

"Unless you're the lead dog, the view never changes", right?

Last edited:
Reactions: MPrimo
Posted some pictures of my first outing and 100 yard groups yesterday. Here’s some pictures of the rifle and since everyone has seen a vudoo in a mpa chassis I’ll concentrate on my toying around with the bagrider. It’s really difficult to adjust the rifle while shooting off a bench with the original buttstock setup so I am playing with angling the bagrider using aluminum stock. It seems to really help with using a rear bag of many kinds.
BEA1605C-7F00-4D29-A426-5A3B6773F3BD.jpeg
E259E576-C583-4789-8C3A-CAC51ABC8784.jpeg
1EFE9E45-7B97-479E-B963-1D1AB5325B37.jpeg
216AE896-8EEC-41EB-AF3A-7BD734EB5997.jpeg
760644F3-1DDA-4CD8-8D0B-6BCEF78FA4F5.jpeg
9E1920BC-089C-4CDB-9FE1-B7416EFF1689.jpeg
B921D822-E308-471C-A603-8BBFE3B1D88B.jpeg
B74DBED3-AC3E-409C-8425-595529D255FA.jpeg
F1F19FCC-ABA4-4C67-9889-8F4A10E3FEFE.jpeg
BEA1605C-7F00-4D29-A426-5A3B6773F3BD.jpeg

Posted some pictures of my first outing and 100 yard groups yesterday. Here’s some pictures of the rifle and since everyone has seen a vudoo in a mpa chassis I’ll concentrate on my toying around with the bagrider. It’s really difficult to adjust the rifle while shooting off a bench with the original buttstock setup so I am playing with angling the bagrider using aluminum stock. It seems to really help with using a rear bag of many kinds.
One of the members at my local club makes an awesome bag rider for the MPA chassis. Great dude, solid product. Every guy I know who has put one on their MPA has loved it.

Attachments

• 78094355_2368482846736513_2744784947423215616_o.jpg
    78094355_2368482846736513_2744784947423215616_o.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: jeronimo
One of the members at my local club makes an awesome bag rider for the MPA chassis. Great dude, solid product. Every guy I know who has put one on their MPA has loved it.

Thanks I saw that. It looks pretty good. I actually tried contacting them on here and there Facebook I’ll try calling the number on their Facebook page. Thanks again

If it isn't butter-smooth after a few hundred rounds of Center-X or similar (SK) ammo, it's worth a call. But you are absolutely correct to shoot it some and expect it to loosen up. If after, say, a brick of ammo, you're still having to push so hard that your sigh picture is seriously disturbed, I'd call.

Nope. I don't want to speak for Mike, but the action doesn't have to be forced closed in order to have optimal cartridge alignment/support.

Good luck. Post back here with break-in progress.

put about 200 through it last night, it is smoothing out and requiring less forward pressure on bolt close, so I think it's just very tight.

I tried a variety of ammo again, from cheap all the way up to Center-X. Center-x is the smoothest, Norma match requires almost no forward pressure. some of the cheaper ammo requires from some to a very noticeable forward pressure to bolt close. So there's definitely a rim thickness effect.

I'm going to put some more through it tomorrow, but it feels like it's smoothing out some. and it shoots like crazy. with Center X i am shooting about .75 at 100 if I'm really really careful. I'm not a great shooter so it takes everything I have but if i'm paying attention, it'll do it. I got a couple .5'ish inch groups at 100 but those were probably more luck.

it even shoots the cheaper ammo at about an inch. I love it.

Reactions: Shooter1960655

Just got mine last week.
It’s tight like you describe. It requires some force to close the bolt.

Just got off the phone with Greg placing an order for my first V-22.

V-22 Barrled Action (.22lr) in Cobalt Gray

20" Kukri

30MOA rail

Timney Calvin Elite 2-stage Flat

ARC low rings

Will sit in my KRG Bravo in green with a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 5-25

The experience ordering over the phone with Greg along is exactly why I want to buy from a company like Vudoo.

I’m still waiting on mine but I’m guessing what you are feeling with the bolt resistance is the bolt pushing the bullet into the rifling. a lot of match chambers are the same way.

Shooters, show us what you and your Vudoo can do! Try the Vudoo Challenge Match (See attachments). Read the rules, print and shoot the target, then post a picture of your targets on the Forum. Let's see who can get the high score, and smallest group size at 200 yards! This match tests your accuracy and precision with your Vudoo!

Attachments

• 2020 Vudoo Challenge Match 200 Yards.pdf
    64.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 2020 Vudoo Challenge Match Target.pdf
    77.2 KB · Views: 138
Shooters, show us what you and your Vudoo can do! Try the Vudoo Challenge Match (See attachments). Read the rules, print and shoot the target, then post a picture of your targets on the Forum. Let's see who can get the high score, and smallest group size at 200 yards! This match tests your accuracy and precision with your Vudoo!
Happily awaiting the challenge. I’m off work Monday and plan on giving it a go then. Do I print the target standard 8.5x11?

Mine felt like that with CCI SV and Eley Subsonic. But with anything SK, it felt perfect. I have a few hundred rounds through mine so far.

mine does it with empty chamber. I have to put a very slight pressure forward, almost like I'm pressing against the extractor hook springs, to get it to close. If I don't push forward, i can put 20lbs of force on it and it's not closing.

it would be nice if there was a cam or angle machined in so that if your bolt is just very slightly out of battery, as you close it it pulls it shut. This one has to be 100 percent shut or bolt's not moving.

I’m going to try this next week. You might want to start a new thread with the results though, I can imagine it getting lost in the Vudoo megathread.

Reactions: 10ring1
Vudoo 5 round Al mags arrived yesterday. As expected built like the proverbial brick shite-house. Weight without ammunition is 0.490 lb, with 5 rounds of Center-X is 0.525 lb. Ten round polymer mag without ammunition weights 0.205 lb.

Mag functioned perfectly in MPA Comp chassis after adjusted mag position bar on the chassis.

Last edited:
Anyone ever tried timing their vudoo by taking a few thousandths off the cocking piece in the bolt?

I'm still having to push the bolt forward to get it to seat, even on an empty chamber.

Had a few other shooters try it without saying anything and they all ran into this at various points.

I'm thinking of trying to get another cocking piece from vudoo and having someone Mill about 15 thousandths off and see if that makes it better. Anyone else tried this?

Anyone ever tried timing their vudoo by taking a few thousandths off the cocking piece in the bolt?

I'm still having to push the bolt forward to get it to seat, even on an empty chamber.

Had a few other shooters try it without saying anything and they all ran into this at various points.

I'm thinking of trying to get another cocking piece from vudoo and having someone Mill about 15 thousandths off and see if that makes it better. Anyone else tried this?

Have you contacted Vudoo about it? Maybe @RAVAGE88 can help out seeing as he designed the action.

Still working on getting a bag rider that I like for the mpa chassis. This is my latest fiddling and think it’s just about there. Used 1.5” poly rod . Can’t wait to get the vudoo out tomorrow for some shooting.
96EE9F76-D411-4D98-BD63-545CD72E3EFA.jpeg
103DB3D1-C869-441B-B5AE-0D84A261F26A.jpeg
66C76BE2-07EE-4D16-97C5-CDF9A248653B.jpeg
1B2B12E1-5B19-467D-89C5-88B781C4DD08.jpeg

Reactions: goneballistic

I don't have a Vudoo and have never seen one. I do know machine work, if you choose to do this start by taking off a very small amount, you can remove it, but you can't put it back. .015 is a lot.

I don't have a Vudoo and have never seen one. I do know machine work, if you choose to do this start by taking off a very small amount, you can remove it, but you can't put it back. .015 is a lot.

If this is a thing, i.e. if others have done this, the plan is to buy a spare from vudoo and take mine out so it it's messed up I can go back to stock.

Then take off .005 at a time, testing as we go to see if we can reduce the hangup to much lower. If we get too enthusiastic, I'll have the stock I've to go back to.

The other plan in to try a trigger tech trigger, which apparently has a more shallow interface and might solve it for me

Updated: Ravage says this is intentional design, I can get used to it it it lightened up some. I may take a run at timing it just to see if I can reduce it some, but if I can't, don't care. Still my current favorite rifle and absolutely love it.

Pages back it was mentioned a cci sv chamber.
I wonder if this is done in the barrel or clearance on the bolt? Ive put 8000 rounds through my vudoo since November and couldnt do that buying center x. Id like an easier closing bolt with the cci sv. I have shot out to 435 yards and have reasonable accuracy with cci sv.

I thought I read somewhere that Vudoo was coming out with a BR model. Anyone talk to them at the Shot Show and find any info. on a possible release date?

Reactions: ccollier
I’m getting ready to call and place an order for a 20” MTU barreled action that I’m going to mount to an AX chassis. Could someone that has the same set up let me know approximately how much clearance there is between the barrel and the forend tube? I’m sure that there’s probably plenty of space between the two but just wanted to check

I’m getting ready to call and place an order for a 20” MTU barreled action that I’m going to mount to an AX chassis. Could someone that has the same set up let me know approximately how much clearance there is between the barrel and the forend tube? I’m sure that there’s probably plenty of space between the two but just wanted to check
What length forend is on the AX chassis you plan on using? I have a 16.5” barrel in an AX chassis with a 13” forend and 3/4” of the barrel sticks out passed the forend.

What length forend is on the AX chassis you plan on using? I have a 16.5” barrel in an AX chassis with a 13” forend and 3/4” of the barrel sticks out passed the forend.

My forend is 13” like yours. I was more concerned with any possible interference inside the tube and the barrel but I did a bit more searching through threads and it seems like the inner dimension of the tube is plenty big for the MTU.

Reactions: Night Assassin
My forend is 13” like yours. I was more concerned with any possible interference inside the tube and the barrel but I did a bit more searching through threads and it seems like the inner dimension of the tube is plenty big for the MTU.
Sorry, I misread your post.