• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I just installed a Bix'n Andy TacSport Pro 2 Stage with flat 90 degree trigger shoe in mine. I fucking love it. Its amazing. 2nd stage pull weight is set at 6oz. Very noticeable wall between 1st and 2nd stage, 2nd stage breaks like glass. So happy I bought 3 more. My Vudoo did require the High sear...

Do you have pics you can post? Are you able to compare it with, for instance, a Huber two-stage?

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Do you have pics you can post? Are you able to compare it with, for instance, a Huber two-stage?

Here you go. I havent had it out yet in this new MDT XRS they sent me to review. Waiting on their full length ARCA to arrive so I can get it out.

24" Keystone Accuracy GM M24
Lilja Chamber
MDT XRS
Bix'n Andy TacSport Pro 2 Stage
High Sear
90 Degree Flat Shoe
Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 APRS1 MIL
Vortex PMR 0.92" Rings
MK Machine Pro Throw Lever

Here's the 1st time I had it out shooting some CenterX

I can't compare it to a Huber as I've never owned one. Just Timney, Jewell and TT Diamond. I'll take this over all of those... that's why I bought 4 of them setup identical to this.... Haha

Reactions: Defender3
I can't compare it to a Huber as I've never owned one. Just Timney, Jewell and TT Diamond. I'll take this over all of those... that's why I bought 4 of them setup identical to this.... Haha

Thanks. I've had a Timney, Jewell and TriggerTech and prefer the Huber over them. Maybe I'll order one if they aren't all out-of-stock. :)

Thanks. I've had a Timney, Jewell and TriggerTech and prefer the Huber over them. Maybe I'll order one if they aren't all out-of-stock. :)

Lololol

Don over @ Bullet Central will get you squared away. Great guy. They come with a medium sear. Make sure you order the right sear for your action ( High if putting in Vudoo) or you will have issues. They will even install the sear and tune trigger pull to what you want before shipping it out if you ask.

Lololol

Don over @ Bullet Central will get you squared away. Great guy. They come with a medium sear. Make sure you order the right sear for your action ( High if putting in Vudoo) or you will have issues. They will even install the sear and tune trigger pull to what you want before shipping it out if you ask.

Thanks for the advice. I may try the Huber first and see if I can shoot with it as after burning this hole in my wallet, another $375 won't help.

Last edited:
Reactions: KML7201 and padom
Just got my Vudoo...V22 took it home to install my Huber 700 trigger but the trigger hanger pins were freaking hell to get installed. I gave up halfway as I was hammering my punch for an hour and it just wasn't budging. I think maybe then they cerakoted it, maybe it made the trigger pins a bit too small? I was going to knock the pins back out so I could maybe lap those holes, but I gave up trying to knock it back out too.

Suggestions? I've never had issues with any other trigger installs or punch pins out of my bolts etc, but these trigger pins are not going in. I might try to swing by a gunsmith tomorrow.

Just got my Vudoo...V22 took it home to install my Huber 700 trigger but the trigger hanger pins were freaking hell to get installed. I gave up halfway as I was hammering my punch for an hour and it just wasn't budging. I think maybe then they cerakoted it, maybe it made the trigger pins a bit too small? I was going to knock the pins back out so I could maybe lap those holes, but I gave up trying to knock it back out too.

Suggestions? I've never had issues with any other trigger installs or punch pins out of my bolts etc, but these trigger pins are not going in. I might try to swing by a gunsmith tomorrow.

Call Vudoo. They may be able to shed some light. I ordered mine w/ the Huber trigger which they installed after I ordered. There was a packet with two more trigger pins. I'm assuming for another trigger brand or chassis.

Reactions: littlepod

I second the advice to call Vudoo, or email them. They are quick to respond and will help you out. I had a problem with my magazines not feeding rounds. Turned out after they talked to me, the culprit was my Manners stock. Turns out the magazine latch was too short, so Vudoo recommended I call Manners for a longer magazine latch. Manners sent me the longer one for free and after a quick install, no more problems. Great customer service from both companies!!

Giving them a call in the morning, after spending a few hours trying, going to see if I can send it back and have them just get it installed. Only had the 2 pins in the box that came with the barreled action. Huber 700 was recommended by them. Excited to get this shooting can wait another week.

It seemed that Bix n Andy and Vudoo didn’t believe me when i ordered a 3 oz total, 2 stage trigger.It came to me at 8 oz. After I ordered the lightest springs and loctighted adjustment screws just before falling out, it is at a VERY CONSISTANT 2.7-2.8 oz. I have never seen a trigger that even compares to it.
However, not ever shooting competition, i haven’t seen many really good triggers.

Reactions: padom
I just installed my Huber.
  1. I did test fit and all was good without pins.
  2. I used the front and rear slave pins that came with the Huber to lock the hammer and spring.
  3. I dropped it in the V-22 - Had to tap it in as it was tight.
  4. I installed the front pin (left to right) with no issues.
  5. I could not get the rear pin in, no way no how. I measured the pins and they were 0.1250". I found another trigger pin that was 0.1245" and it fit like a glove.

I just installed my Huber.
  1. I did test fit and all was good without pins.
  2. I used the front and rear slave pins that came with the Huber to lock the hammer and spring.
  3. I dropped it in the V-22 - Had to tap it in as it was tight.
  4. I installed the front pin (left to right) with no issues.
  5. I could not get the rear pin in, no way no how. I measured the pins and they were 0.1250". I found another trigger pin that was 0.1245" and it fit like a glove.

Hopefully I didn't cause any dmg hammering as much as I did with my pins. I sent my Vudoo back to them, and they'll work on it next week and check the pin sizing and install the trigger for me.

Given the trigger pin situation, is there anywhere one can buy steel rod with a specified diameter and length?

By the way, for my second Vudoo I sent VGW the Bix'nAndy trigger I wanted installed. It was done. No muss, no fuss.

Another buy the way, kudos to Kidd for designing triggers and pins/screws that are easy to install.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cuzz
Trigger pins are typically a perfect fit, no play. They have to be 100% aligned with the hole. You push the tapered end in with hand till it enters the trigger hole then finish it up with light tapping on a punch with hammer.

You should NEVER be hammering away on trigger pins, you risk damaging your action.. if your pins are not going in STOP. Remove your trigger and push pins into the action by hand with no trigger installed and once partially in finish off lightly with punch. If they go (99% of the time they will) then your actions/pins aren't the problem.

Trigger pins are typically a perfect fit, no play. They have to be 100% aligned with the hole. You push the tapered end in with hand till it enters the trigger hole then finish it up with light tapping on a punch with hammer.

You should NEVER be hammering away on trigger pins, you risk damaging your action.. if your pins are not going in STOP. Remove your trigger and push pins into the action by hand with no trigger installed and once partially in finish off lightly with punch. If they go (99% of the time they will) then your actions/pins aren't the problem.
Are all trigger pins tapered? If so my fact for the day. And what if they are not?

Reactions: Cuzz

^^^^THIS.

Our pins are a precise fit to the receiver. The key to installing them correctly is the correct punch and hammer and knowing how to use them. Not in any way am I saying you guys don't know how to use a hammer, but you have to be careful because you CAN damage the receiver AND trigger. Don't use a light weight brass "hammer" typically found in the brass punch kits from Brownell's or MidwayUSA.

Also, I use, as does everyone at Vudoo, a slave pin to properly align the trigger via the rear hole. Once the slave pin is in place, install the front pin and remove the slave pin. At this point, ensure the rear hole is properly aligned as the trigger can and usually does pivot down slightly; this is where trigger damage occurs. Once the rear hole is properly aligned, make sure the sear is out of the way as the pin goes through. If you you're using the correct tools the correct way, there's never any reason to bang on the pins to get them in.

Hope this helps.

MB

Anyone know how long does it typically take to ship out a Vudoo Apparition (bravo stock) after placing an order?

Please don’t be me!

Read the 104 pages in this thread. Ordered the Vudoo Barreled action. To avoid any excuses for feeding issues, I paid for the expensive Vudoo DBM. Instead of using any of the several DBM I have laying around.

Vudoo came in! Grabbed my DBM cut stock, no, go. Vudoo DMB is larger than standard DBM cut. Pre cut proper Pillars are not included in the cost of the Vudoo branded DBM. They are for sale at an additional cost on their website.

Yes, I have the ability and tooling to properly fit and time the parts on hand. This is not Vudoo’s fault. All this information was readily available for any one smart enough to read. I failed to read and do my do diligence.

So, be excited, happy and eager to order and assemble your Vudoo. Just don’t for get in the haze of Vudoo obsession to do your research. Till I can get the time to mill and set, please go shoot some rounds of for me!

Rifle is ready, I just need to find some time to get to the range.

IMG_3617-1-1315704.jpg

IMG_3621-1-1315705.jpg

^^^^THIS.

Our pins are a precise fit to the receiver. The key to installing them correctly is the correct punch and hammer and knowing how to use them. Not in any way am I saying you guys don't know how to use a hammer, but you have to be careful because you CAN damage the receiver AND trigger. Don't use a light weight brass "hammer" typically found in the brass punch kits from Brownell's or MidwayUSA.

Also, I use, as does everyone at Vudoo, a slave pin to properly align the trigger via the rear hole. Once the slave pin is in place, install the front pin and remove the slave pin. At this point, ensure the rear hole is properly aligned as the trigger can and usually does pivot down slightly; this is where trigger damage occurs. Once the rear hole is properly aligned, make sure the sear is out of the way as the pin goes through. If you you're using the correct tools the correct way, there's never any reason to bang on the pins to get them in.

Hope this helps.

MB
Hey Stinky, haven’t seen you here for a while. Glad to see you still kickin!

Anyone know how long does it typically take to ship out a Vudoo Apparition (bravo stock) after placing an order?

My barreled action will be in on Tuesday. It took almost exactly 4 weeks to ship. There are also several vendors that have barreled actions in stock if they have the barrel length and contour you want.

As soon as I bought my Vudoo, EVERYBODY had to get one. He's been busy filling orders. :geek:

But in all seriousness, it's like a Vudoo invasion out there. And they all shoot well.

Reactions: RAVAGE88 and Cuzz
My barreled action will be in on Tuesday. It took almost exactly 4 weeks to ship. There are also several vendors that have barreled actions in stock if they have the barrel length and contour you want.

Thanks, that gives me an idea of an approximate timeline. If I buy one, I'll probably have them put it all together to my trigger, stock, and barrel specs. I'm still waiting to here about the new BR model which they told me should be out sometime this spring.

I was asked a question about the S&B and what mount I'm using. The Vudoo has a 20MOA top rail. I'm using spare pieces so the S&B went into a Spuhr 4001, which has 34mm rings, 0 MOA and is 1.18" high. You can see from the picture how close the objective is to the rail. If I wanted to add another 20 MOA in the mount I'd probably have to go to a 4601 (1.38").

IMG_3620-1-1316716.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jefe's Dope

Yessir, things have been INCREDIBLY busy and the accumulation of Sky Miles has been crazy. I've only had the time to check in every now and then to keep up with PMs.

MB

To repeat my question, is there anywhere one can buy tapered steel rod with a specified diameter and length if the pins that came with the trigger do not work?

Hit a hanging golf ball at 200 yards yesterday. In a match, on the clock.

6 out of 10 (match is limited to 13 and it snowed) shooters had a Vudoo. 40X took first place but he could beat you w/ a stock 10/22. He didn't hit the golf ball. :geek:
It’s incredible to see all the vudoos out at the match yesterday!

What the hell, you only live once! That's how I justified this purchase to myself.....
Also, a lot of great discussion in this thread, that helped to push me over the edge.
Looking forward to getting this one running.
Purchased from Mile High Shooting last week, and received today.
Grayboe Custom Ridgeback stock, TriggerTech Special trigger, 30MOA rail and
bottom metal from Vudoo are on the way.
Haven't decided on glass yet, but I have a few different scopes I can use, until I do.

What the hell, you only live once! That's how I justified this purchase to myself.....
Also, a lot of great discussion in this thread, that helped to push me over the edge.
Looking forward to getting this one running.
Purchased from Mile High Shooting last week, and received today.
Grayboe Custom Ridgeback stock, TriggerTech Special trigger, 30MOA rail and
bottom metal from Vudoo are on the way.
Haven't decided on glass yet, but I have a few different scopes I can use, until I do.

I also bought mine from Mile High, I only got one mag though.

Reactions: jeronimo
Vudoo got my rifle today, they reamed out the trigger pin holes to be a little larger so now my pins and the slave pins that came out of the Huber can slide in a little easier. I'm glad I didn't try just wacking it with a larger hammer.

I can finally put together my rifle this Friday/Saturday, but unfortunately all the ranges are shut down due to Covid-19 :(

Looking for someone with farmland in Western WA that I can shoot off their property! I'll buy a lot of steel as payment :)

You can never have too many spare magazines! As attractive as the new aluminum mags are, I've been shooting my oldest V22 for nearly four years (and a couple of jelrod-converted 40X rifles for more than a year longer than that) with the original plastic 10rd mags, and they're still going strong. Don't let the availability of the aluminum mags keep you from buying some plastic spares.