• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

My Vudoo barreled action came in today and I put it all together. Need to run a rag through the bore and start sighting it in.
Looks like the Tikka will get some rest now ;)
B843E4EF-B962-4F9A-AA6B-50E296FB1435.jpeg

How long has it been taking for a barreled action thru vudoo.Curious . Thanks

Thanks all who responded!Should be close.Ordered from vudoo and am at 4 weeks.

Ammo alternatives for the V-22

So apparently I have bad luck, I managed to buy a Vudoo in the middle of the apocalypse and run in Ammo...

My V-22 barreled action shipped the other day in the midst of economic meltdown down runs in Ammo. I had previously ordered 2 -500 round boxes of SK Match Plus and realized that that was the extent of my match grade ammo went to order more.

its gone

What alternatives in available Ammo do I have

Oh and I’m in mass, so getting ammo is a pain in the ass

Thanks guys, given the economy I will now likely have more time to shoot and no ammo to put through my new rifle (sorry it’s been a really really tough week)

Geco? Prime? Federal Target? Wolf?
You can order all the high end ammo from Goodshootinginc.com. Cathy can take care of your needs. Check their website.

Cool paint job on the stock jeronimo - when it shoots as good as it looks, you're going to be a happy camper...

Thank you sir.
I sighted it in @ 25yds this morning, with SK Standard Plus.
I was very, very impressed.
I'm going to stretch it out this afternoon, after I get some sleep.
Night shift.o_O

Shot a few rounds at 25, then went out to 50 yards.

All I've got for decent ammo is some Prime 40g but it's made for semi autos. I still managed some ok groups at 50.

I need to do some dirt work and get a better back stop built as I'm just using the natural slope in the back yard.

The VuDoo instantly became my new favorite rifle.

IMG_20200321_115434.jpg
IMG_20200321_115429.jpg
IMG_20200321_115351.jpg

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Stupid question, What is the difference between the MTU barrel and the Kukri (I don't know if I spelled that correctly)?

All I've got for decent ammo is some Prime 40g but it's made for semi autos. I still managed some ok groups at 50.
I shoot that as my practice ammo. It has shot some groups as good as my SK rifle match and standard plus. I just made a seperate profile for it. Shoots .2mil high at 50 yds. I think I'm paying 7 cents a round for it.

Well I did a little scope juggling and I have my match rifles set up. I will be replacing the optic on the T3 in a few months once the new Toric is released

The rifle in the green chassis is a Tikka T3 CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor with a Athlon Ares ETR the weight and balance on both rifles is almost identical.
053202E9-5846-4E16-B174-EE875B55DD16.jpeg
7F6B2544-D69E-4BD7-9191-C9C11F421D08.jpeg
6F2B2DDF-3533-46FC-B59F-3AC76742B9D9.jpeg
28E55084-91FF-4C32-925F-F93754E86AF2.jpeg

Stupid question, What is the difference between the MTU barrel and the Kukri (I don't know if I spelled that correctly)?

Weight. With the shorter barrels, you move the balance point farther back. The MTU puts some of the weight back to the front. You might consider it for an 18" barrel. I couldn't say for 20" or 22".

#2951, 18" Ace Kukri Barrel

Did some ammo testing this afternoon.
All shot at 50yds, in 5 shot groups, going from top to bottom.
The top row is 10 fouling rounds for each respective brand.
The rifle certainly shoots better than I can, off of my Caldwell "Stable :rolleyes: Table", and bags.
Very, very happy with mine, and look forward to shooting it a great deal more.

Live target action on the range!

#2951, 18" Ace Kukri Barrel

Did some ammo testing this afternoon.
All shot at 50yds, in 5 shot groups, going from top to bottom.
The top row is 10 fouling rounds for each respective brand.
The rifle certainly shoots better than I can, off of my Caldwell "Stable :rolleyes: Table", and bags.
Very, very happy with mine, and look forward to shooting it a great deal more.

Live target action on the range!

Before I even looked at brand on your groups, I picked the Center X. Did you measure? Which do you like best?

They all shot well.

Reactions: jeronimo
Before I even looked at brand on your groups, I picked the Center X. Did you measure? Which do you like best?

They all shot well.

Hell, I was just tickled that it shot the lower-priced rounds so well!
I measured them all, since reading your post, and you were correct. Center-X for the win!

I'm certain I can bring those averages down, with a good, solid rest.
As I said before, very, very happy with this rifle!

Well it said “Biathlon “ on the box and it was 28 degrees here in Eastern Ohio so.
Virtually no wind and the sun just coming up.
I’ve shot less than a box getting the scope zeroed and wanted to see just how good this rifle would do. I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED
I just don’t know why I waited so long.....
6406ABEE-27A5-400B-94C7-CA6E4F5D5C8E.jpeg

Weight. With the shorter barrels, you move the balance point farther back. The MTU puts some of the weight back to the front. You might consider it for an 18" barrel. I couldn't say for 20" or 22".

Even with the 20" MTU, I'm going to need to add some weight to the front of my chassis.

The balance point is under the front portion of the mag well as it sits and wants to fall backwards off a baracade.

It won't need much weight, but a little bit way out front will do wonders.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Well it said “Biathlon “ on the box and it was 28 degrees here in Eastern Ohio so.
Virtually no wind and the sun just coming up.
I’ve shot less than a box getting the scope zeroed and wanted to see just how good this rifle would do. I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED
I just don’t know why I waited so long.....View attachment 7278801
Draco, could you post a pic of the entire rifle? Thx!

Hell, I was just tickled that it shot the lower-priced rounds so well!
I measured them all, since reading your post, and you were correct. Center-X for the win!

I'm certain I can bring those averages down, with a good, solid rest.
As I said before, very, very happy with this rifle!

Yes, they all shoot very well!

Reactions: jeronimo
Even with the 20" MTU, I'm going to need to add some weight to the front of my chassis.

The balance point is under the front portion of the mag well as it sits and wants to fall backwards off a baracade.

It won't need much weight, but a little bit way out front will do wonders.

Added the KRG ¾ lb. T-slot weight last night after getting it form the mail. ?

Added the KRG ¾ lb. T-slot weight last night after getting it form the mail. ?

That's the one thing I like about the Bravos... it's light in the back. I have 2.5lbs added up front right now and I need about another lb to get it to balance perfectly... this is with me reducing .5 lbs from the rear. Nothing left to take off the back of the ACC.

Overall weight w/ Bipod on is at 15.9lbs right now.

That's the one thing I like about the Bravos... it's light in the back. I have 2.5lbs added up front right now and I need about another lb to get it to balance perfectly... this is with me reducing .5 lbs from the rear. Nothing left to take off the back of the ACC.

Overall weight w/ Bipod on is at 15.9lbs right now.

I'm considering removing the KRG adjustable rear for the lighter plastic spacers. Not sure if I need to or want to at this point as it's pretty well balanced as is. Once I remove the bipod, it begins to be rear biased. As it sits now it's a bit forward biased. Gonna add some Allen head bolts were I can and change out he plastic rail on the side for an aluminum to try and get just a tad more weight up front. Otherwise I'm pretty happy. Mine came in at 13.8 lbs. after adding the weight. Which doesn't make much sense as the weight is supposed to be ¾ lb. and the rifle came in at 13.5 lbs when I first weighed it when I finished the original build. Must be the cheap bathroom scale.

Anyone else not getting that great of groups using center x with their vudoo? I guess that’s not entirely accurate the 50 yard groups are great but they are with almost any ammo it’s the 100 yard and farther that open up. Don’t get me wrong it’s not bad with cx average about an inch to 1 1/2” at 100. I just get far better performance with Eley Match and rws r50 with mine and I’m totally fine with that I know every barrel likes what it likes I was just curious if anyone else had similar ammo results ?
As has been said here and pretty much everywhere in the rimfire world, different lots of the same label ammo group differently.

Here are 100-meter (109.36 yards) Lapua Rimfire Performance Center results for four different Center-X lots tested in my Vudoo last week. The yellow-highlighted lot performed best of over a dozen lots tested; the gray circles are actually .22 bullet sized on the paper printouts of the PDF-file test results and the edge-to-edge size of the group in mm is seen at lower-right in each group's "square." Note variance even within lot. Midas+ was also tested and performed a bit better but with pretty similar amounts of variance across lots and group to group within promising lots - but I was not willing to pay 40-50% more (about ten cents per round) for Midas+ for less than a quarter-inch of average group size improvement at 109 yards.

Here is a link to the Snipers Hide thread where I talk about the process a little; that first post also links to a descriptive Snipers Hide article about that test process. Pretty much any questions about the test process are answered directly or indirectly through links provided.

oPAArHanTr+7qDX9d4U%Ug_thumb_344.jpg