• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Also, I used both the Bore Tech Rimfire cleaner then the Eliminator just in case there was some copper fouling as I thought I saw some "copper" during the initial bore scope and I had the everything already set up. I'm new to bore scopes and precision rifle cleaning so I'm not sure what I'm seeing. ;)

My patches were very clean when finished though and the after video seems to show I was able to remove most everything.
That's very helpful, thanks for the info. that makes me feel better about just waiting till the new bore guide is available.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
You don't 'need' a bore guide, but it sure helps and you can be a little more hap hazard with your technique as the guide does the precision work.

On the Vudoo video "how to clean your Vudoo", he's not using a bore guide.

To offer a bit of perspective, I don’t support cleaning any rimfire without a bore guide; the approach in the video has been “adjusted.” Thanks for posting this, as I’ve intended to pass this on here, as I have done so on other forums already.

MB

That's very helpful, thanks for the info. that makes me feel better about just waiting till the new bore guide is available.

i has a severe carbon ring not long ago and had some questions as well, after talking with people I trusted and MB I scrubbed the barrel. As mentioned above the 20 cal rod does not have the same thread type, but I ordered the adapter to convert it. All you have to do is slip the bore guide insert on the rod, then the adapter and 22 brass brush on. The 20 cal rod fits through the hole just not the adapter. I also ordered the boretech rim blend and was able to fully remove the carbon build up. My Vudoo is back to shooting .2 and sometimes .1 at 50 and 2.5” at 260. Thx for all the reply’s off this thread.

To offer a bit of perspective, I don’t support cleaning any rimfire without a bore guide; the approach in the video has been “adjusted.” Thanks for posting this, as I’ve intended to pass this on here, as I have done so on other forums already.

MB
Two questions... what bore guide would you recommend for a V-22? When will the Vudoo Bore Guide be available... :)

I was told that my vudoo bore guide purchased in January will not work on my vudoo gen 2 barreled action?

I was told that my vudoo bore guide purchased in January will not work on my vudoo gen 2 barreled action?

I am using a Dewey Rem 40x bore guide on my Gen 2. The Gen 2 has an anti-rotation pin protruding from the top of the action which required a small amount of material to be removed from the top of the bore guide to clear. It took some time to slowly remove the material constantly checking for clearance since I wanted to maintain a perfect fit.

i has a severe carbon ring not long ago and had some questions as well, after talking with people I trusted and MB I scrubbed the barrel. As mentioned above the 20 cal rod does not have the same thread type, but I ordered the adapter to convert it. All you have to do is slip the bore guide insert on the rod, then the adapter and 22 brass brush on. The 20 cal rod fits through the hole just not the adapter. I also ordered the boretech rim blend and was able to fully remove the carbon build up. My Vudoo is back to shooting .2 and sometimes .1 at 50 and 2.5” at 260. Thx for all the reply’s off this thread.

How long until the carbon ring, and what are some signs to watch out for? I have about 1000 rounds in mine so far.

How long until the carbon ring, and what are some signs to watch out for? I have about 1000 rounds in mine so far.

I was just doing light cleanings with hoppes and a nylon brush about every 700-1000 rounds, the problem occurred at about 3500 rounds. I was consistently hitting a 5” plate at 260 yards, then all the sudden started throwing rounds 3-4’ off. After getting a bore scope it was very obvious the problem.

MB
Ravage88, would you mind straightening out the boys re: this “ carbon ring” business. It’s Lead. Thanks

MB
I appreciate the perspective and as always, thanks for the info. For those of us who have a new V22, can you give a realistic update on when the new bore guide will be available? Thanks again and always appreciate the help/advice.

A chassis question. Is anyone using the MDT ACC chassis on your Vudoo? What's your opinion on the chassis?

Thanks!

Hello all. I’m a quiet observer here but I’ve seen a few posts asking about Vudoo Green so I thought I’d help out. Here is good example. It looks gray in some light with just a hint of green in other light.

-GR

Attachments

• 9EC4A541-65EF-4D21-832D-21A6994E367A.jpeg
    9EC4A541-65EF-4D21-832D-21A6994E367A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 260
  • B79C7426-D650-485C-A037-74E51814F457.jpeg
    B79C7426-D650-485C-A037-74E51814F457.jpeg
    552.3 KB · Views: 265
A chassis question. Is anyone using the MDT ACC chassis on your Vudoo? What's your opinion on the chassis?

Thanks!

Chassis is very long, so I had it cut down.

1591156277725.png

If you want it to balance on a barricade you will need to do a bit of work as well.

1591156315254.png

3 internal weights, bipod up front, replaced steel buttstock with aluminum version.

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Hello all. I’m a quiet observer here but I’ve seen a few posts asking about Vudoo Green so I thought I’d help out. Here is good example. It looks gray in some light with just a hint of green in other light.

-GR

Well that is sexy AF!

Reactions: MPrimo

-GR
Thank You, THANK YOU. Ordered my Vudoo in a MPA several weeks ago in Vudoo Green, almost sight unseen. Greg at Vudoo sent pictures and helped tip my decision. Will send pictures when it arrives.

Reactions: STex
Does anyone here have a 40 MOA rail and a Viper PST mounted. I’m wondering if there is enough adjustment in the scope for a 50 yd zero. It looks like it would be very close.

Thank You, THANK YOU. Ordered my Vudoo in a MPA several weeks ago in Vudoo Green, almost sight unseen. Greg at Vudoo sent pictures and helped tip my decision. Will send pictures when it arrives.
Hi Timberhound, Glad I could help. I actually am Greg from Vudoo. Since I get so many questions at the shop on Vudoo Green I figured I’d post up the pictures of my newly completed Vudoo Green rifle to help out. Mike is the point man here on the hide so I prefer to stay quiet so he can do what he does so well without me getting in the way, but if there is anything I can help with please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at the shop.

Greg

Hi Timberhound, Glad I could help. I actually am Greg from Vudoo. Since I get so many questions at the shop on Vudoo Green I figured I’d post up the pictures of my newly completed Vudoo Green rifle to help out. Mike is the point man here on the hide so I prefer to stay quiet so he can do what he does so well without me getting in the way, but if there is anything I can help with please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at the shop.

Greg
Greg, thanks for posting the pics!

@RAVAGE88 can you confirm that the original bore guides won’t work the the latest receivers? When will the new ones be available?

So those of you that have 0MOA mounts and 20MOA rails on your vudoos and are running a 5-27 ZCO, how much elevation do you have from your 50yd zero to where it stops. My 50 yd zero with center x was 1.6mil on the 2nd rev. Set zero stop and now I have a total of 18.7mil upward travel from zero. Does this sound about right?
309B45F8-1DD7-4F36-93AD-6B730FB33DF2.jpeg

So those of you that have 0MOA mounts and 20MOA rails on your vudoos and are running a 5-27 ZCO, how much elevation do you have from your 50yd zero to where it stops. My 50 yd zero with center x was 1.6mil on the 2nd rev. Set zero stop and now I have a total of 18.7mil upward travel from zero. Does this sound about right? View attachment 7344778

What MOA cant does your Vudoo action have?

Pure Joy today ... Vudoo on the range with no wind and lots of ammo to play with. Best 5 100 yard groups were under 1 MOA with SK Standard Plus, Rifle Match and Long Range Match. If a 50 yard group was less than one hole I was greatly disappointed ... it didn't happen much! Just got the Balistic X app so here's one to share.

Does anyone have a video of the vudoo conjur (integrally suppressed) 22 shooting? Curious as to how it sounds compared to a normal vudoo with a suppressor on it.

Thanks JC, that group is with the Remington V-Tip. I've had a few .218/.224, 12 twist Bartlein's for quite a while and wanted to try one with the jacketed V-Tip. Turned out to be pretty impressive but have a bit more testing to do against the 16 twist barrels using the same bullet. Our standard barrel will be 16 twist unless I see what I need to see with the 12 through the remainder of the tests.

MB

Wow! Very, very nice! I've tried to get those 33 grain REM rounds recently and there aren't any around. I did try the CCI 35 grain A22 "Savage" in .22 Mag and that round shows a lot of promise. I test ammo shooting 10-15 round groups. Gives me more of a statistically significant result. I posted the results of the A22 test below. Counting my screw up with the one flier it still did 1 MOA at 50 yards. That translates to a 1/2 MOA 5 shot group in my experience. Shot that with a new CZ 457 American in .22 mag - 24 inch Barrel. Notice the vertical dispersion.

Below that there is another 5-shot group, same rifle with the CCI 30 grain V-MAX. I shoot 5 shot groups if the 10-15 round group shows promise....

i-DVkRwqv-XL.jpg

i-8hdw2wq-XL.jpg

All the Best,

JAS

Reactions: RAVAGE88
I don't know if most people here are aware, I did a whole forum search and found no matches. But now that Vudoo has come out with a .22 Magnum action, I think this is relevant. At the Anschutz USA website they are selling RWS ammo, and they have two .22 WMR loads in their Field Line at, are you ready for this, $49.50 for a box of 50!

Makes me wonder how good they really are. Both are 40 grain loads. One is an FMJ round and the other is an SP (Soft Point}. Here's the link for the FMJ:

https://www.anschutznorthamerica.com/store/p438/RWS_.22_MAG_FMJ.html

Best

JAS

Anyone order a barreled action around late April/early May receive theirs yet? This anticipation is rough!

Ouch! It's like getting a suppressor. Long wait but worth it.

I wonder what that does for the used but immediately available Vudoo market? 🤠

Should be a seller's market, since the lead times for new rifles are about 12 weeks, maybe a bit shorter. If you're in a hurry to sell, and the condition is good, you should be able to get your price.

That reminds me I need to start picking up a couple more rimfire suppressors before the kids get old enough to need their own.

I’m left handed so the used market likely hood of me finding what I want are very slim. I found a new barreled action in stock when I ordered mine but not the length and contour I wanted of course.

I love the grip for the AI AXSR, but I hope the buttstocks are interchangeable with the Ax, I’m not a fan of the fishhook 🤷🏻‍♂️

prob need to sell my ravage first....

I don't think there's any getting around that a slower bullet will drop farther than a faster bullet over the same distance.
I don't know where to put this response to this topic of rimfire accuracy so i'll put it here and see where it goes. I have been shooting rimfire s for over 60 years. From cans in a field at 10 years old to IHMSA silhouette to squirrels in season. I've read and listened to anyone that wants to talk or write about rimfire shooting and accuracy. Here is what I have come to believe.Early on ammo was better than the guns. Now the guns are better than the ammo. As important as muzzle velocity, ES, SD are this has much more effect on the center fire game. It has less importance to the rimfire game. In rimfire we care mostly about consistency. Which we have very little control over in our ammo. There are some things we do have control over that are measurable. Rim Thickness and Weight. Why is rim thickness important? How many of you have taken a rimfire round apart? I would ask you to take 10 rounds apart and place them on a paper sheet. Dump out the powder and keep the lead bullet and case with the powder. I think you will be surprised to see how little powder is in each case. Now weigh each bullet an notate the weight on the paper. Now weigh each case and notate that beside each case. You will be amazed at how little powder is in each round and see the difference in the bullet weight. Now i'm sure you are wondering where rim thickness comes into play. Well the largest effect of the firing pin igniting the round comes from the primer compound. The estimate of the primers contribution to the total energy is 60-70 %. So you see that round that has a thicker rim has more primer at the point of ignition. You can tell by looking it's not the powder that's important to the total ignition. How close to the advertised weight is your bullet? That weight difference will make more difference than the difference in powder weight. Now the only thing we can control is rim thickness and weight.I rim gauge and weigh all of my match ammo. not my practice ammo. The rim gauge I use is by Raven Eye Custom at Raveneyecustom.com. I just added a Harbor Freight Digital depth gauge. For weight i use a small scale that can measure grains. Rim thickness goes by ammo brand and lot. usually from .034 to .046. If you rim gauge a box of 50 you will get one or two thicknesses for about 70% of the box. segregate those rim thicknesses and use the other to season your barrel after cleaning. After you rim gauge a brick then weigh each round of the same rim thickness and save the predominate quantity as match ammo. Now you have done all you can do that is under your control for consistency. Shoot all the other ammo that didn't make the cut for practice. You will generally see that higher price ammo has more consistency in the areas we are measuring hence the higher price. If you don't want to do all this work for match performance then you can just pay your money an take your chances. Good luck taking your chances with rimfire ammo!

Reactions: bigbulls
I don't know where to put this response to this topic of rimfire accuracy so i'll put it here and see where it goes. I have been shooting rimfire s for over 60 years. From cans in a field at 10 years old to IHMSA silhouette to squirrels in season. I've read and listened to anyone that wants to talk or write about rimfire shooting and accuracy. Here is what I have come to believe.Early on ammo was better than the guns. Now the guns are better than the ammo. As important as muzzle velocity, ES, SD are this has much more effect on the center fire game. It has less importance to the rimfire game. In rimfire we care mostly about consistency. Which we have very little control over in our ammo. There are some things we do have control over that are measurable. Rim Thickness and Weight. Why is rim thickness important? How many of you have taken a rimfire round apart? I would ask you to take 10 rounds apart and place them on a paper sheet. Dump out the powder and keep the lead bullet and case with the powder. I think you will be surprised to see how little powder is in each case. Now weigh each bullet an notate the weight on the paper. Now weigh each case and notate that beside each case. You will be amazed at how little powder is in each round and see the difference in the bullet weight. Now i'm sure you are wondering where rim thickness comes into play. Well the largest effect of the firing pin igniting the round comes from the primer compound. The estimate of the primers contribution to the total energy is 60-70 %. So you see that round that has a thicker rim has more primer at the point of ignition. You can tell by looking it's not the powder that's important to the total ignition. How close to the advertised weight is your bullet? That weight difference will make more difference than the difference in powder weight. Now the only thing we can control is rim thickness and weight.I rim gauge and weigh all of my match ammo. not my practice ammo. The rim gauge I use is by Raven Eye Custom at Raveneyecustom.com. I just added a Harbor Freight Digital depth gauge. For weight i use a small scale that can measure grains. Rim thickness goes by ammo brand and lot. usually from .034 to .046. If you rim gauge a box of 50 you will get one or two thicknesses for about 70% of the box. segregate those rim thicknesses and use the other to season your barrel after cleaning. After you rim gauge a brick then weigh each round of the same rim thickness and save the predominate quantity as match ammo. Now you have done all you can do that is under your control for consistency. Shoot all the other ammo that didn't make the cut for practice. You will generally see that higher price ammo has more consistency in the areas we are measuring hence the higher price. If you don't want to do all this work for match performance then you can just pay your money an take your chances. Good luck taking your chances with rimfire ammo!
First, let me say thanks for this summary. I do have a question thought about the concept of rim thickness and having more primer compound. In the manufacturing process, the primer and powder and measured as accurately as they can for the machines that are adding these components to the case. Also, the cases have tight dimensional tolerances. They both vary based on the processes used to manufacture and measure/weigh the materials. My question is if the case rim is on the higher side for thickness, that does not mean it will have more primer compound in it, right? These are two independent variables, which are not necessarily correlated like you describe? Could you explain that aspect a bit more, so I understand the relationship with case thickness and amount of primer compound added to the case? Thanks very much..

First, let me say thanks for this summary. I do have a question thought about the concept of rim thickness and having more primer compound. In the manufacturing process, the primer and powder and measured as accurately as they can for the machines that are adding these components to the case. Also, the cases have tight dimensional tolerances. They both vary based on the processes used to manufacture and measure/weigh the materials. My question is if the case rim is on the higher side for thickness, that does not mean it will have more primer compound in it, right? These are two independent variables, which are not necessarily correlated like you describe? Could you explain that aspect a bit more, so I understand the relationship with case thickness and amount of primer compound added to the case? Thanks very much..
CCI has a YouTube video on making rimfire ammo. Watch how they load and spin the casing to distribute the primer by spinning the casing. The bigger the pocket the more the primer gets the initial ignition. I have turned the round in the rim gauge and very seldom does it change the reading. The cases have tight tolerances in length and diameter but not as much in rim thickness as demonstrated by the rim gauge.

Perhaps I missed the point but muzzle velocity, ES, SD were used in the same sentence so I presume the ES and SD refer to MV. If so then ES and SD are statistical measures of MV consistency so the sentence "In rimfire we care mostly about consistency" makes no sense to me.

Perhaps I missed the point but muzzle velocity, ES, SD were used in the same sentence so I presume the ES and SD refer to MV. If so then ES and SD are statistical measures of MV consistency so the sentence "In rimfire we care mostly about consistency" makes no sense to me.
Maybe my punctuation was where the confusion lies. Let's try it this way. As important as muzzle velocity and ES and SD are these factors have more effect in the center fire game and can be controlled by the reloader. They can not be controlled by the rimfire shooter only observed. Rimfire shooters need to be concerned with what they can control not just observe. We can control rim thickness by sorting and weight by weighing. As rimfire shooters we must be pragmatic in our approach. Work on the things can control and change. Sorry for any confusion in my original post.

Controlling rim thickness and weight by sorting are good concepts, however rarely show significant improvements in benchrest scores.

Reactions: Bob huth