• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

CAEA471-D-2392-4524-BA5-F-09-B7-BAD6-B8-D8.jpg

😆🤣😂
MB
I appreciate there will be a time and place.
We all wish you good success and Have a GREAT Time learning and working on your projects.!
All the Best. 4Certain

Sunday funday lot testing... holy crap I feel funny staring down a scope for 7 hours. Wind started picking up real bad didnt get the eley down to 200 and I think Its time for a good scrubbin.
20200726_170058.jpg
20200726_170037.jpg
20200726_170117.jpg
20200726_170209.jpg
20200726_170314.jpg
20200726_142945.jpg

Reactions: 10ring1 and STex
I was talking with Greg at Vudoo the other day about how to get my mags to sit correctly in my MPA Comp Chassis. He said the mags need to fit right up against the underside of the action with as little up down slop as the mag catch would allow. Fortunately the MPA Comp has an adjustable mag catch. (I will know more tomorrow when I test it out at our weekly match. )

He also said it was good to put loop velcro patch on the front of the mag well to take up space. I did not have room for the velcro but I did put a slick piece of plastic there with double sided tape. Worked great to help get rid of fore aft movement.

I finally have figured out how to load the mags with less heartburn. I barely slip the next round in and then release the follower so it is pressing up on the round I am loading as I slide it back into place. Helps keep all the rims in order and makes the bullet sit "Proud" with nose up like it is supposed to. Nose down leads to nose dives... We will see how it runs tomorrow in testing before the match and during.

Stay safe and shoot well. 4Certain
The Higher Location of the Mag Catch helped. During the Mini-Palma 45 shots, I only had two shells that did not feed right. That was much better than I had been having. One thing I saw was my mags were still not High and Tight enough. So today I worked on it a while. Now they are "Jam Up - Jelly Tight" against the bottom side of the frame. I did some feeding on my desk. They bullets went in better and easier than I have ever experienced. (Thanks Greg!) This is with the Aluminum mags. The Polymer mags have a little trouble clicking in. But with a little persuasion they stay. I may just touch the little mag catch step with a file to raise it just a smidgeon. But not just yet.... My next match will tell even more. But I am quite excited and hopeful that my feeding issues are almost over. That will improve my scores, I am sure. No more 'nicked' bullets.

I do think I need to order the Eley Followers for my mags based on what Mike Bush said. That will hopefully happen soon.
Stay safe and enjoy the process. 4Certain

I appreciate there will be a time and place.
We all wish you good success and Have a GREAT Time learning and working on your projects.!
All the Best. 4Certain

Just messin’ with ya Dude, I’m taking this rifle to the inaugural BulletPro 150 and was playin’ with ammo.

MB

Reactions: 10ring1
Just messin’ with ya Dude, I’m taking this rifle to the inaugural BulletPro 150 and was playin’ with ammo.

MB
From my limited experience, it seems trying to find the "Best Shooting Ammo" for a barrel is a Very DEEP Black Hole...
I suppose the best way is pick your favorites or the ones that have worked the best in the past and test, test , test!

But you working on a SECRET Sauce would not be out of character....
4Certain

Reactions: RAVAGE88

MB
MB:

Is this a repeater with a Gen 3 FCU and receiver?

Rick

Last edited:
Rick137

It's not a weapon, it's a gun. Difference is intended target. This is per the NRA Chief Range Safety Officer course curriculum.

Weapons are used to shoot alive targets.
T:

I have to say, what BS. What is a weapon system called if used for both target shooting and hunting? A gunon or wegun?

However, to be exact it is a rifle. Remember the ditty Marines had to recite for calling a rifle a gun, "This is my rifle, this is my gun, This is for fighting, this is for fun" while marching with their rifle on their shoulder and their gun in their hand.

But to satisfy the NRA call it a firearms system. Why a system? Because a rifle is a barrel, action, bottom metal, trigger and stock/chassis. A FS also has a sighting device, support and ammunition.

Last edited:
MB:

Is this a repeater with a Gen 3 FCU and receiver?

Rick

It’s repeater that will be static on a table. There’s already a V-22S there and I’ll have a number of single shot actions with me as well.

MB

Anybody know the inch lb torque values for the scope rails? Swapping my 20 for a 40moa

Talk about perfect timing. Have a 60 moa base coming and was about to ask the same thing. I assume a dab of blue loctite is recommended on the screws?

Yep, I don't use Loctite because I change out rails often, but if it's going to stay a while, it certainly doesn't hurt.

MB

Playin' around with a few things today....

5-D7-AF011-F9-A1-406-A-B0-B0-B40-D54-DAEAC7.jpg

MB
Hello sir,

As someone nearing the pickup date for one of your rifles, do you have any input on ammo? Most everyone at my club runs Center X but I am curious how that SK Long Range compares.

Hello sir,

As someone nearing the pickup date for one of your rifles, do you have any input on ammo? Most everyone at my club runs Center X but I am curious how that SK Long Range compares.

I primarily shoot Center X but have this killer lot of SK I’ve been playing with.

MB

Reactions: MPrimo and pkt1199
Rick137

It's not a weapon, it's a gun. Difference is intended target. This is per the NRA Chief Range Safety Officer course curriculum.

Weapons are used to shoot alive targets.
I got cross-ways over this BS with our NRA instructor while taking the course to get certified as a CCW instructor several years ago. He insisted we refrain from calling a concealed carry handgun a weapon, and dinged any of us that forgot or ignored him with a 25 cent fine. He & I butted heads over it when he dinged me for a quarter over supper one evening, and I told him just how I felt about the NRA's policy - mostly that it was total BS to cave to the political left with this move. I haven't changed my mind since then - if anything, I feel it's a total failure to try to appease anti-gun pukes in this way (or any other way when it comes right down to it!). He told me in no uncertain terms that he would not sign off on my instructor's certification unless I abided by the NRA's policy. A couple of my old friends in our club talked with me to get me cooled down, and I finally tossed the bastard a quarter. To top it off, he's a lawyer from our state capitol...

All I can say in retrospect is that the NRA is really wimping out/falling down on the job, whatever you want to call it - by taking this sort of a position on one of our most basic/fundamental rights - the right of self defense. I think it's quite likely the NRA has too many frickin' lawyers on their staff.

I gotta admit it Mike - those Foundation stocks are hot! Amazing appearance, and incredible stability; at least two of the shooters at the last CF tactical rifle match I shot had these stocks, and I had to admire their appearance. But...and this is a big deal to me, with worn-out, arthritic shoulders...they're heavier than the Manners PRS1T stocks I have on my two competition V-22 rifles. The heavier of these two rifles (both have 22" bbls - one a Krieger sendero contour, the other a Bartlein Kukri from VGW) is the Kukri, which with Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56 scope, Harris BR bipod & empty mag weighs a hair under 13lbs, which is about as heavy as I want to shoot with nowadays. You know what that rifle in the Foundation weighs?

I gotta admit it Mike - those Foundation stocks are hot! Amazing appearance, and incredible stability; at least two of the shooters at the last CF tactical rifle match I shot had these stocks, and I had to admire their appearance. But...and this is a big deal to me, with worn-out, arthritic shoulders...they're heavier than the Manners PRS1T stocks I have on my two competition V-22 rifles. The heavier of these two rifles (both have 22" bbls - one a Krieger sendero contour, the other a Bartlein Kukri from VGW) is the Kukri, which with Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56 scope, Harris BR bipod & empty mag weighs a hair under 13lbs, which is about as heavy as I want to shoot with nowadays. You know what that rifle in the Foundation weighs?
Flatland1, according to their website the Centurion weighs: Weight is 5lb 11 oz..
https://foundationstocks.com/products/centurion/
Obviously you would have to add the Vudoo Action and Barrel to that...
They do have a Light Version on the Centurion, but I did not see the difference in weight. I am sure they would tell you...
Good Shooting. 4Certain

For future reference for anyone planning to run Hawkins DBM get the LA latch for the DBM. The poly mags initially ran fine for me except when pressure was put laterally on the mag which I half ass fixed with some Velcro on the back of the mag. When I received one of the billet mags it sat too low and the bolt just ran over the top of the rounds. After putting in the longer latch everything is phenomenal now and the billet mags are awesome.
54FBC0C3-122A-4645-A74B-18811631B4D6.jpeg

Reactions: Csafisher
Beautiful setup!!! I'm sold on the Centurion. Does VGW always put knurled blued thread protectors on their stainless barrels? I've never seen them otherwise. I prefer a seamless smooth thread protector to match the barrel contour and finish....just curious.

I’m sure you can get them to cut you one.

@RAVAGE88

Reactions: Rolex24
You gotta quit posting that shit before you make me spend money
No mercy.
Back when I first came to this thread I was thinking I’d never spend 3k on a .22
Well with optic and rings I’m guessing 4K at this point

Reactions: STex
No mercy.
Back when I first came to this thread I was thinking I’d never spend 3k on a .22
Well with optic and rings I’m guessing 4K at this point
...just let it happen...don't resist haha

For future reference for anyone planning to run Hawkins DBM get the LA latch for the DBM. The poly mags initially ran fine for me except when pressure was put laterally on the mag which I half ass fixed with some Velcro on the back of the mag. When I received one of the billet mags it sat too low and the bolt just ran over the top of the rounds. After putting in the longer latch everything is phenomenal now and the billet mags are awesome.
View attachment 7388086

where did you buy that latch?

Vudoo green in a gray Cadex stock and Oculus suppressor. I only got to shoot three groups after I zeroed it in. The .86 was with some Eley Contact and the .40 and .43 were Center X. All at 50 yards. Hopefully I can get some trigger time in Sunday. I need to bushog my shooting lane so I can see how she holds at distance. Love at first sight.

Attachments

• BE967453-CE55-4D64-A2F7-8873CB93F0D7.jpeg
    BE967453-CE55-4D64-A2F7-8873CB93F0D7.jpeg
    648.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 7A81F40C-AA4B-426B-84B5-11E310118668.png
    7A81F40C-AA4B-426B-84B5-11E310118668.png
    436.3 KB · Views: 221
  • D27A5A25-4E89-4689-ABB0-4FB2EAED1161.png
    D27A5A25-4E89-4689-ABB0-4FB2EAED1161.png
    501.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 30F05B14-D070-4B16-BBEE-6C8820EE7DD1.png
    30F05B14-D070-4B16-BBEE-6C8820EE7DD1.png
    457 KB · Views: 146
Vudoo green in a gray Cadex stock and Oculus suppressor. I only got to shoot three groups after I zeroed it in. The .86 was with some Eley Contact and the .40 and .43 were Center X. All at 50 yards. Hopefully I can get some trigger time in Sunday. I need to bushog my shooting lane so I can see how she holds at distance. Love at first sight.
I am sure others already knew of this but looking at these pics cause me to immediately download the ballistics-x app