• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I am sure others already knew of this but looking at these pics cause me to immediately download the ballistics-x app
It’s nice to have for sure. I used the calipers for years but this is so much easier and I’ve found it to be very accurate when comparing to manually measuring. I doubt anyone is using it for a competition but certainly handy in the field

I started Vudoo number two. My wife has had hers for about a month and she loves it, so do I. Prints bug holes at 50 yards, easily rings 2" diameter steel at 200 yards, could not be happier. Mine is going to be an 18 inch Kukrie, with a TT Diamond. Because I'm old and lazy, they are going to put it in a McMillan A5 I had laying around.
IMG_0106.jpeg

I had been thinking that the Vudoo I have been anxiously waiting for was a clone of/trainer for my 6.5 Creedmoor but I see I have had it backwards....

I figure I’ll shoot the Vudoo 10-1 over the 6.5 so it’s not entirely crazy. I don’t compete although I’d like to at some point.

I figure I’ll shoot the Vudoo 10-1 over the 6.5 so it’s not entirely crazy. I don’t compete although I’d like to at some point.
This is what I do with my BR. I shoot my vudoo 100x more because I’m a lazy bitch who doesn’t wanna load. And it’s cheaper. And I have a suppressor for my 22 so it’s quiet af when I shoot indoors. Highly recommend shooting a match if you have the time. I was nervous the first couple times but it was a blast! The only competition there should be, is against yourself!

Finally got to break in the new vudoo. The one box of Midas I had it seems to like. 100yd groups averaged around .75.” CenterX was around 1.1”. Mostly vertical (I think I need to refine my technique). Really love the Mesa stock. Think it’s a perfect “crossover” stock. Hawkins bottom metal. Feeding was flawless.

However, I had 3-4 failures to fire with the center x. Like light primer strikes. They fired after re-cocking. Didn’t happen with any of the SK ammo or Midas. The bolt hasn’t been stripped or cleaned so I’m going to do that and see if it helps any.

Attachments

• 034231F1-D46E-4AD0-B9E5-D8974B650BC9.jpeg
    034231F1-D46E-4AD0-B9E5-D8974B650BC9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 109
Reactions: STex
By chance, does anyone have the weight of a 22” mtu barreled action?

Looking for the weight of the barreled action by itself.

Thanks

By chance, does anyone have the weight of a 22” mtu barreled action?

Looking for the weight of the barreled action by itself.

Thanks
That’s what I have. I don’t have a real accurate scale but I can get you a ballpark number on the bathroom scale lol

Reactions: Dthomas3523
Outstanding rifle, congratulations.
What trigger are you running in your new Vudoo?

Thank you. The rifle in the FB post belongs to one of our sponsored shooters, I don't recall which trigger he's using.

MB

Looks like a flat shoe TT Diamond to me?
Great Vid!
Had fun shooting mine today out to 295 yards.
Pow ... Ping 😎

Reactions: Krob95
Shot a match today with the ol girl and placed fourth. Nothing to write home about but I’m pleased given the switchy and random wind we had and the 90+ degree weather.

View attachment 7394109
Nice job. I finally am getting mine out to two matches later this month including the first PRS rimfire series match in the Southeast. Interested to see how that goes.

Reactions: Krob95
Nice job. I finally am getting mine out to two matches later this month including the first PRS rimfire series match in the Southeast. Interested to see how that goes.
Hell yeah man!! You’ll have fun forsure! Let us know how it goes

I have my eyes set on a Vudoo V-22 however I'm not sure what MOA base I should get. I'm going to be running a Viper PST Gen 2 on top and I'll be shooting from 25-300 yards. Will a 30 MOA base work? What rings should I get with it?

I got 30MOA too and seekins rings but have been wondering if I should have gone higher. Depends on the elevation travel of the scope you are mounting I guess. Me and the rings and scope are still waiting......

I have my eyes set on a Vudoo V-22 however I'm not sure what MOA base I should get. I'm going to be running a Viper PST Gen 2 on top and I'll be shooting from 25-300 yards. Will a 30 MOA base work? What rings should I get with it?
Just got my Vudoo with same scope and 20 MOA base. It easily goes down to 25 and if I recall, it should make it to at least 250. This was recommended to me by Greg at Vudoo. I am pleased.

Reactions: STex
Revo, I had a PST Gen 2 on my Vudoo Gen 1 with a 20 moa base. The Gen 2 has 36 moa on the reticle. that would take my set up to about 260 yards with no Knob Twisting. (I do not turn knobs except for zeroing...) I have recently moved to a Burris XTR III 5.5-30 x 56. It has 68 on the reticle. 24mm tube. The Vudoo website has a nice layout of what MOA bases for normal distances...

For Vudoo with Eley Black Box Match MOA 24 was about 200 yards. I have shot to 260 yards so far. Hope to stretch it out soon. Per my program, 46 MOA should be about 300 yards and 58 MOA should be about 350 yards. It has been correct at distances to the 260. Hopefully it will bear out at the longer distances as well. Should know relatively soon... Just need time and little wind!

I have been using the Leapers UTG Pro Precision Optics Interface Rings, Low with the PST Gen2. Med with the Burris. I think the Vortex Rings Low would work with the Burris and get them just a touch closer to the barrel. I have the UTG rings on a number of rifles. Very sleek and nice. Have worked well for me. They are USA Made and considerably less expensive at MidwayUSA. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018590022 .

So far I have been pleased with the Burris. I like the PST as well. It seems to me the Burris is a bit of a step up in clarity and reticle. I do like the non touching middle of the PST. The Burris crosses...
Good luck and enjoy the Ride!
4Certain

Thanks for the information everyone! Can anyone recommend what heigh my rings should be? I heard that the bolt handle has issues clearing with low rings.

Small sample size, but seems consistent with my past outings. I dont know if it is this lot of SK Long Range, or all lots are this way but my V22 loves it. The below are 5 shot groups, with one 10 shot per ammo type (less SK Plus as I ran out). All shot at 100 yards.

1596999893019.png

Vudoo Measured Groups.jpg

V22.jpg

Attachments

• Vudoo Measured Groups.jpg
    Vudoo Measured Groups.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 1596999683009.png
    1596999683009.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 57
What's the height of the scope rings you're using and how much clearance do you have with the barrel?
They are the "low" height. Clearance - somewhere between 1/8" and 3/16".

Should also note it is the 30 MOA base and M24 contour if you're wanting to get exact on a build.

10.8 with the zco in a Spuhr

Awesome thanks. That’s about 1lb more than my kukri/zco/arc combo.

I think I’m going to order a revelation stock for the kurkri to balance it out. And stick the centurion in the closet to be used whenever the 3lug comes around. The centurion is a bit ass heavy with the kukri, but not terrible (and some prefer this). I’ll get a heavier barreled action later for the centurion.

Reactions: CBeck and RAVAGE88
Awesome thanks. That’s about 1lb more than my kukri/zco/arc combo.

I think I’m going to order a revelation stock for the kurkri to balance it out. And stick the centurion in the closet to be used whenever the 3lug comes around. The centurion is a bit ass heavy with the kukri, but not terrible (and some prefer this). I’ll get a heavier barreled action later for the centurion.
I put the brass inserts in my Exodus to balance mine out because it was ass heavy. Balance is great now.

Sometimes I wish there was a slightly heavier contour available from vudoo.

I put the brass inserts in my Exodus to balance mine out because it was ass heavy. Balance is great now.

+1 Did the same as mine was noticeably ass heavy in the Exodus as well.

I'm a little concerned on the offhand stages of the monthly NRL match - I'm going to have to suck it up and practice with it to not drop all the standing shots...

Reactions: CBeck
+1 Did the same as mine was noticeably ass heavy in the Exodus as well.

I'm a little concerned on the offhand stages of the monthly NRL match - I'm going to have to suck it up and practice with it to not drop all the standing shots...
It’s worth it for every other supported position to me. I’ll deal with it for a handful of shots. The weight and balance probably still benefit those shots just not the muscular fatigue if your form isn’t dialed in for those.

Reactions: pkt1199

When I have all the brass inserts, it will balance barely in front of magwell on flat surface. But when it toss in on the bag, because of where it has to sit it’s still a little rear heavy. The mtu will probably fix that. I also ordered the weight tunable arca rail from 419.

But, I think the revelation will be a good fit for the kukri without having to add so much weight.

Reactions: CBeck
Does anyone know the ballistics of center x? I know Bryan litz looked into that and I’ve seen that page before but I don’t have the book

40 MOA base, 0 MOA rings?

Most scopes can handle the 40 MOA and a 25/100 yard zero. You could likely get 10 MOA rings for a total of 50 MOA and still zero. 60 MOA gets most over the ability to zero at 25/50 or even 100. I'd do just the 40 MOA base as most comps are not past 300. 40 MOA base should get you at least to 400. If you're planning on going out farther than that then you're gonna need more. Or you can spend the $$$$ on a Nightforce, or similar, prism which can be added in front of the scope using a Picattiny rail that moves your cross hairs another XX MOA without changing your scope other than confirming zero after adding the prism.

Nothing to see here but I thought I'd post anyways. I was RSO'ing again this weekend at Quantico so I didn't have a lot of time to shoot, but I did bring out the Know You Limits rimfire target to give it a try at 25y with the Vudoo V-22, in an AICS, with a S&B, shooting Center X. The rifle is sighted for 50y so it was a mil high at 25. A simple hold solved that challenge and the V-22 did the rest. 5-shots on the 3" all in the same spot and no issues going down the ladder to the 1/4" target. Hopefully I can get away from RSO stuff and actually get some time to shoot!

IMG_4923-1540879.jpg

IMG_4926-1540880.jpg

IMG_4927-1540881.jpg

IMG_4929-1540878.jpg

Does anyone know the ballistics of center x? I know Bryan litz looked into that and I’ve seen that page before but I don’t have the book
Yeah, Litz talked about that in the recent podcasts. The BC should be in most solvers, the bullet shape is pretty close to that of the G1 model. Finally, because it is subsonic, BC plays a smaller role in computing the firing solution compared to having an accurate initial velocity.

Finally got to break in the new vudoo. The one box of Midas I had it seems to like. 100yd groups averaged around .75.” CenterX was around 1.1”. Mostly vertical (I think I need to refine my technique). Really love the Mesa stock. Think it’s a perfect “crossover” stock. Hawkins bottom metal. Feeding was flawless.

However, I had 3-4 failures to fire with the center x. Like light primer strikes. They fired after re-cocking. Didn’t happen with any of the SK ammo or Midas. The bolt hasn’t been stripped or cleaned so I’m going to do that and see if it helps any.
I have just took mine out for the first time last week, I had the same problem, I emailed Vudoo they know about this problem they offered to send me a stronger spring and or the old style firing pin if I remember don't remember exactly I will be calling them tomorrow sounds like an easy fix. Not very happy about it I can tell you that. But it shoots so nice you kinda forget about it, till you remember what you paid for it.

Reactions: 10ring1

I have a Viper PST gen 2 on my rifle with a 40 moa base. I know the specs on the Viper say it has 20 mils of total elevation but I have nearly 24 mils of available up elevation on my scope. Because of the way the zero stop works I don’t know how much I have under my 50yd zero but it obviously can‘t be much. I have a 1.06” high MPA mount on this rifle which seems about right. You can go a little lower butIt doesn’t allow much room for the bolt handle to clear the magnification ring.

D0CD4E19-7405-4B6C-B058-83E6135D493A.jpeg

I have just took mine out for the first time last week, I had the same problem, I emailed Vudoo they know about this problem they offered to send me a stronger spring and or the old style firing pin if I remember don't remember exactly I will be calling them tomorrow sounds like an easy fix. Not very happy about it I can tell you that. But it shoots so nice you kinda forget about it, till you remember what you paid for it.

Woorm, it’s an easy fix and if you’d like to discuss, shoot me a PM and I’ll be happy to get it squared away quickly.

MB

At my request Tim "Moon" Roberts of Crescent Customs designed and fabricated a palm swell for the Vudoo 10 shot polymer mag and the 5 shot Al mag. Greatly improves the ergonomics for shooting standing offhand with a rifle having DBM bottom metal.

P1010023_DxO.jpg

Great idea! Are they available for sale? And ... will they be allowed in NRL22 along with a sling?
M:

Definitely available for sale. Just contact Moon at Crescent Customs. No idea if they are legal in NRL22.

In the photo the mag on the left is the Vudoo 5-shot Al, the center is the Vudoo 10-shot polymer and the right is a 5-shot .223 Rem Accurate Mag.

The weight of the Vudoo 5-shot Al mag is 0.49 lb alone and 0.81 lb with the palm swell. For the Vudoo 10-shot polymer mag it is 0.21 lb and 0.66 lb.
P1010030_DxO.jpg