• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Referring to the center x question.

I’ve found if you’re using a kestrel 5700 elite, you can leave the library settings with 1080(I think, I’d have to check) MV........and use the DSF function.

It will line everything up spot on. Just get your real world data, go through the dsf settings and it’s done.

If you don’t have the luxury of DSF, you’ll have to get your real world data and tweak MV, BC, and bore height to balance it all out.

Tested some ammo yesterday. Midas, Center X, SK Rifle Match, SK Rifle Long Range. All shot fairly well but found that my suppressor is opening up my groups.:mad:

Not sure if just too dirty or the suppressor. Have an identical suppressor and will try it. But it looks like I'm shooting w/o a suppressor at the next match.

BTW, I think my best 10 round group was with SK Rifle Long Range.

Reactions: STex
I was thinking of shooting unsuppressed next match too. Just so I can nail those golf balls lmao

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Tested some ammo yesterday. Midas, Center X, SK Rifle Match, SK Rifle Long Range. All shot fairly well but found that my suppressor is opening up my groups.:mad:

Not sure if just too dirty or the suppressor. Have an identical suppressor and will try it. But it looks like I'm shooting w/o a suppressor at the next match.

BTW, I think my best 10 round group was with SK Rifle Long Range.
I have read several reports that say shooting with a suppressor negatively impacts your accuracy. An interesting test, shoot same day, same ammo, a target with the suppressor and then without, 5-shot groups, see what you get. Just a thought...

I have read several reports that say shooting with a suppressor negatively impacts your accuracy. An interesting test, shoot same day, same ammo, a target with the suppressor and then without, 5-shot groups, see what you get. Just a thought...
I have a post somewhere on here that supports that. While my avg was only a 1/10” larger with a can, 3/5 groups were just over 1”. All at 100yd.

The groups/measurements I posted a page back also showed a favoring to SK Long Range as well. They were all shot with a suppressor on and were good enough for what I want at 100, but to the above point I've not tried without the can.

In all honesty 3/4" is about all I can personally achieve and ask for. Centerfire I'd be looking for half or better but shooting tiny rimfire groups is much harder than centerfire IMO, particularly when you go to 100 or further out.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
My vudoo just got a new barrel, prepping for a fun upcoming project
B1B77ED7-9BFC-435C-8A8B-125D3FA5D6C0.jpeg
338BD322-EB68-449F-9FF9-C97D3FAE419C.jpeg

I played with one a little. I think you will be very happy with it.
I loved it! Took it out last night and will post the two 6x5’s I shot at 100yds when I get home again lol

I'm headed to TN next week to hang at the NRL Nationals....who all from here is going?

MB

Light af. I’ll have to take it to MHSA and ask them to gauge it lol

From Triggertech:
Diamond Pull Weight:
1st stage: <4 to 20 oz
2nd stage: <4 to 24 oz

The instructions say it is set “near the middle“ of the range from the factory.

From Triggertech:
Diamond Pull Weight:
1st stage: <4 to 20 oz
2nd stage: <4 to 24 oz

The instructions say it is set “near the middle“ of the range from the factory.
It was set low af by the guy I bought it from. It was gently used lol

0E06DE0E-8F43-4E8B-9D1E-513A541E939A.png
9E982AA6-9161-4173-8DFD-BE5D8F36BA58.png

First target was shot unsuppressed and had an avg group size of 0.61moa with the highest being 1” due to me sucking lol

Second target was shot suppressed with a TBAC 22TD with the avg group size of 0.86MOA. We dont talk about that group on the bottom right that looks like it came from a RPRR 🤭

Note that I haven’t cleaned my barrel in approx 1000 rounds, same with my can.

Ammo used: Center X
Test Rifle: Vudoo w/ 18” proof carbon barrel
Zco 5-27x
TT 2 stage Diamond
Aiax chassis
22 TD can
Random torque on action screws because I was rushing to get to the range.

Targets shot at 100yds and back to back, with the unsuppressed being the first 6x5.

This is the second time I’ve done this test this year and the results mirror the first time almost perfectly. I am shooting consistently 1/2” groups at 100yds with this rifle unsuppressed. But the suppressed groups aren’t too terrible either and will probably shrink a little bit with a good cleaning. The two tape holes were from verifying zero and trying to get used to the trigger since it was the first day with it. All in all I bet I could repeat this test daily and come up similar results. (Accepting ammo sponsers now 😂)

How’s the accuracy with the 17hmr at 50 and 100yds? And even 200yds if you have any data for that? I would like to add a 17hmr to my collection at some point for a more hunting role for p dogs.

How’s the accuracy with the 17hmr at 50 and 100yds? And even 200yds if you have any data for that? I would like to add a 17hmr to my collection at some point for a more hunting role for p dogs.

The accuracy is pretty incredible. A user just posted his 100 hard targets on FB with essentially one hole and his hits on a Coke can at 600 are pretty impressive. Look for AJ Stewart on FB, he's the same guy with recent hits at 1250 yards with his Vudoo 22LR.

MB

• Wow
Reactions: J-Ham and Geno C.
The accuracy is pretty incredible. A user just posted his 100 hard targets on FB with essentially one hole and his hits on a Coke can at 600 are pretty impressive. Look for AJ Stewart on FB, he's the same guy with recent hits at 1250 yards with his Vudoo 22LR.

MB
😱 Thats incredible!

So, back to my question, any chance of having extraction problems running the smaller rim of the 22lr in the 22mag action?

What length proof barrel did you use? It looks 22" plus in the photo.

Thanks, Shane

It is 18" with a Dead Air Mask HD on the end, that's why it looks so long.

Finally upgraded from a T1x to a Vudoo 22” MTU. Built to replicate my competition rifle with a TT Diamond, comes in around 25 lb fully loaded with the MPA weight kit and 2 sets of Grayops weights.

Can’t wait to get this thing running for solid 400 round practice sessions.

90A78F23-EC9B-4B64-B445-3F1090038576.jpeg

Shooting Report from this morning and a bit from yesterday.

Yesterday I was set up before sunup. I was able to shoot my groups from 6:30 till just after 7:30 or so. The target from yesterday was testing ammo, Five Different Lots of Midas +. Most were descent. Save one flier Lot #2 won in my eye. That is what I used to shoot in the match today.

Today was a good morning and a beautiful morning. We started at about 66 degrees with LOW humidity. (VERY rare in AR for August.) I shot in the second flight of our match. Much more windy. Into our face, quartering some; quite variable. But I am very pleased with how the Vudoo performed this morning. I shot in our 50 yd Benchrest with dual rest fore and aft. (The rests are from Wally Brownlee of TargetShooting.com. The 100 yard Mini Palma was Bipod and Squeeze bag. The scores were good for me. I shot both matches in 30 minutes.

I have been trying the Harrell's Tuner and added a Bloop Tube yesterday. Certainly makes a racket!

My Vudoo has the Bix'n Andy TacSport Pro Two Stage Trigger. I like it. I am going to do an On and Off Bloop Tube Test. I want to compare with and without. Certainly seems like it helped.

Shoot Straight. And Pray for our Country. We need it bad.... 4Certain.

Attachments

• 2020 8 19 Lot Testing.jpg
    2020 8 19 Lot Testing.jpg
    914.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 2020 8 20 Benchrest Target Vudoo 50 yards.jpg
    2020 8 20 Benchrest Target Vudoo 50 yards.jpg
    965 KB · Views: 250
  • 2020 8 20 Mini Palma 100yds 15 shots per target.jpg
    2020 8 20 Mini Palma 100yds 15 shots per target.jpg
    687.4 KB · Views: 239
  • Vudoo Bolt Side.jpg
    Vudoo Bolt Side.jpg
    700.8 KB · Views: 256
  • Vudoo Left Side with Tuner & Bloop Tube.jpg
    Vudoo Left Side with Tuner & Bloop Tube.jpg
    992.4 KB · Views: 269
(The rests are from Wally Brownlee of TargetShooting.com.)

How do you like Wally Brownlee's rests, 4Certain?
What is the waiting period to get one if you don't mind me asking?
I have been thinking about giving him a call.

(The rests are from Wally Brownlee of TargetShooting.com.)

How do you like Wally Brownlee's rests, 4Certain?
What is the waiting period to get one if you don't mind me asking?
I have been thinking about giving him a call.
Good morning Sagittarius. I have four of Wally's rests. A very old early model of the model 1000; A new version of the Model 1000LP with adders on the rear. A Model 1200 and his New Model 9 Mini Rest. Those two are in my pics above. I have never had to wait very long when I ordered. Seems Wally always finds a way to send. Maybe I just caught him at a good time. His stuff is not 'cheap'. But as we know, "Cheap is not good, and Good is not Cheap!"... I like the way the top of his rests exchange. A very creative and easy swap. I like his design. Very smooth and precise with no wiggle once the main wheel is set.

My experience is his design, fit and finish, machining and finish tolerances are all great. He does good work. I had one leveling screw with a bit of chatter on it, but cleaned that up with a brush in my drill press. I would and have purchased from him again. I think Wally is a good fellow and tries hard to take care of his customers. He is a friendly fellow. I would not hesitate to call. Tell him Drew from Little Rock sent you...

I have not used or seen the Model 2400. It is a Model 1200 with a fancy top from what I see. I am sure that would be pretty sweet. I may talk myself into one of these someday...

I have just started shooting benchrest so I am just learning how to set things up and make them run correctly. I have not figured out the for/aft movement of the gun very well yet. How to maximize its time 'level'. But I think that is me still learning how to set and align the rests. I think when I receive my new Vudoo V22-S, I will learn more with that stock set up.

Glad to help as best as I am able. Have a great day; Shoot Straight and Pray for our Country. We need it... 4Certain

Reactions: Sagittarius
4Certain, thanks for your reply and the good information on Wally's rests. (y)
I appreciate it, greatly!
I figured that the front one in your pictures was an older model as I don't remember seeing it on his site.
I'm interested in his 2400 and a mini rear-rest like yours.
Seems like most all quality rests have a waiting period nowadays but Wally's doesn't seem too bad.
I always pray for our country; it's needed!

Reactions: Maxwell