• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I just purchased a V-22 repeater 18” Kukri from Mile High “for one of my daughters“ 😉. Even though this is not my first Vudoo (nor will it be my last) I am still strangely excited about getting it. I buy and sell a LOT of firearms (well it seems like a lot to me, I know I can’t compete with some of you guys) and I never really get too worked up over a new purchase. However every time I have a product from VGW in route I get excited. Just thought I would mention that here...

Lol I know how you feel Jesse - there are three V-22s here, and I'm anxiously awaiting the shipping notice for the V-22S single shot action I have on order. Really looking forward to getting my hands on this action & doing a Shilen R5 bbl for it. There's a Sightron SIII 45x45 scope & Shehane MBR Tracker stock I'm going to try on it. Can hardly wait...

Has anyone experimented with a tuner on a vudoo? If so what were the results? And what tuner?
I just received my Vudoo and had it out last weekend. It shoots Center-X lights out, but, did not like Midas +

I ordered a Harrell Rimfire Tuner and will experiment with it and let you know how it goes.

Reactions: STex
Best match I’ve shot by far with my vudoo. Finally broke 200 and finished in second. Rifle ran like a sewing machine with zero issues to boot too. I’m kinda hoping my TT shows up from warranty work eventually as I would like to run it in a match before the season is over.

C7BBBC60-0339-4E90-A614-5AABA70B8982.jpeg

The Aluminum Arca Foreend adds like 1.5 lbs to the front. Might be worth getting one of those :)

I was about to build a new X-Ray + Aluminum Arca Foreend + Weight up front.

I was going to do exactly what you're saying here however it only adds 15oz over the polymer version (website mentions it) so if you add the arca rail to the polymer version + a brass 1lb weight kit the polymer version weights a bit more. I wonder if the 1lb brass weight kit fits in the aluminum forend then it might be worthwhile even for the extra 19oz

I was able to take possession of my Vudoo on Friday. Only got to run one box of SK rifle match through it but it started to look more promising as I neared the end of the box.
My specs:
-Vudoo right handed repeater
-20” Kukri profile fluted Bartlein barrel, I thought I was getting an Ace barrel but I don’t see a reason to complain yet.
-40moa rail holding an Athlon Ares ETR in Seekins rings
-Geissele super 700 two stage trigger
-FDE cerakote
-Currently sitting in my Manners T4a mini chassis until my T6a shows up for this rifle.
-Form 1 suppressor, also have a sparrow but wanted a “to scale” version for my Vudoo.
View attachment 7438688
I was surprised to find that my mini chassis is way off from holding the Vudoo mags to chamber a round. I had to hold up on the magazine to chamber a round so I need to find a new mag catch or use rubber bands until my new stock comes.
Simple target, all 50 rounds that I fired without the suppressor. It will come in to where it should be. The last two groups I shot were the best, I’m excited to get it out again if the rain stops.

View attachment 7438699

how much down do you have left with the 40 moa base? looking to get a 40moa base so I can dial out further distances

I have exactly 27mil from my 50yd zero, just puts me on at 500 with SK Rifle Match

I think you would just make it but too far into the extreme limit for me. In theory you would need 32.8 mil internal to work with the 60, I believe my ETR total was just above 33mil before I set the zero stop.

So 60 moa would be too much to have a 50 yd zero then

And don't forget when you're at the extreme limits of the glass, the clarity starts lacking pretty badly. So while it might be cool to have 32mils to dial, it also means when you're running that 1/4" KYL at 50 yds, or shooting 99% of the time at 25-100 yards in NRL22 competitions, you're going to be looking through a poorer quality image than looking through glass that's near the center.

I was going to do exactly what you're saying here however it only adds 15oz over the polymer version (website mentions it) so if you add the arca rail to the polymer version + a brass 1lb weight kit the polymer version weights a bit more. I wonder if the 1lb brass weight kit fits in the aluminum forend then it might be worthwhile even for the extra 19oz

If the brass weight works like the krg weight, it'll slide right into the arca forend.

And don't forget when you're at the extreme limits of the glass, the clarity starts lacking pretty badly. So while it might be cool to have 32mils to dial, it also means when you're running that 1/4" KYL at 50 yds, or shooting 99% of the time at 25-100 yards in NRL22 competitions, you're going to be looking through a poorer quality image than looking through glass that's near the center.
Yea youre totally right. I wish they made a 50moa

So in theory you only gain 19oz. Is it worth it to buy the arca forend?

19oz, for $165 w/ built in ARCA seems like a good deal.
ARCA rail = $70
So really, $95 for 19oz. And there's not enough attachment points for external weights on either fore-end, let's say you strapped it to the front, $55 for 13oz of weights, still 6oz short and now you have weights hanging off the end of your chassis that could look ugly.

So 60 moa would be too much to have a 50 yd zero then

I have a 30MOA rail and approx 32 MOA extra cant from Burris XTR rings holding my Ares ETR. My rifle is zeroed at 32m, and I have 31.6mil in my turret. So 60MOA rails can work.

I don't shoot NRL22, but most of our matches put the bulk of the targets in the 125m-300m which keeps my image centered in the glass. I haven't noticed any negative effects of the image quality when shooting 50m at the bottom of my turret or at 500m at the top of the turret, all of which i can dial before needing hold overs.

19oz, for $165 w/ built in ARCA seems like a good deal.
ARCA rail = $70
So really, $95 for 19oz. And there's not enough attachment points for external weights on either fore-end, let's say you strapped it to the front, $55 for 13oz of weights, still 6oz short and now you have weights hanging off the end of your chassis that could look ugly.
When I got home i sat down and laid it out, yea for 1.3lbs of hidden weight its definitly worth it. Is the inside exactly like the polymer forend? I wonder if the Raven Rock Toc brass weight kit fits inside without issues

I have a 30MOA rail and approx 32 MOA extra cant from Burris XTR rings holding my Ares ETR. My rifle is zeroed at 32m, and I have 31.6mil in my turret. So 60MOA rails can work.

I don't shoot NRL22, but most of our matches put the bulk of the targets in the 125m-300m which keeps my image centered in the glass. I haven't noticed any negative effects of the image quality when shooting 50m at the bottom of my turret or at 500m at the top of the turret, all of which i can dial before needing hold overs.

I was toying with this idea as well but figured I already have my current ARC rings so why switch those out and just grab a base. But this is very interesting that it works with the ETR

Yea youre totally right. I wish they made a 50moa
I’ve got 30 in my rail and 20 more with the spuhr on my Ares ETR. Can zero at 50 and dial to 500. I can just barely notice a little less optical quality when dialed all the way down but it’s sure not much different. I shoot at 200 a lot so it doesn’t really bother me. Man these rigs are shooters! Best gun investment I’ve ever made.

Finally got a vudoo. 20” ace mtu, tt diamond, krg bravo, only ammo I had to test was sk pistol match

I did fire 3 groups at 25, then 200 rounds at 50. And did a 30 round rapid fire group!! Looks like it will be a shooter

9F58B081-E22B-42F0-98FD-C3C393ABF5AD.jpeg
CA29A7E4-B58C-4D46-B864-087A033E266B.jpeg
69BDDD12-5025-4063-854B-B8A1690A799F.png
A7A3C3AE-EE12-4198-B8FF-6CB8F0C15A3D.png

F0533BE2-6588-4515-956A-479EB2B6DEC0.png

7FB99AFE-0996-4EFD-8960-FE0AAE005975.jpeg

I was able to take possession of my Vudoo on Friday. Only got to run one box of SK rifle match through it but it started to look more promising as I neared the end of the box.
My specs:
-20” Kukri profile fluted Bartlein barrel, I thought I was getting an Ace barrel but I don’t see a reason to complain yet.
-FDE cerakote
-Currently sitting in my Manners T4a mini chassis until my T6a shows up for this rifle.
-Form 1 suppressor, also have a sparrow but wanted a “to scale” version for my Vudoo.
View attachment 7438688
I was surprised to find that my mini chassis is way off from holding the Vudoo mags to chamber a round. I had to hold up on the magazine to chamber a round so I need to find a new mag catch or use rubber bands until my new stock comes.
Simple target, all 50 rounds that I fired without the suppressor. It will come in to where it should be. The last two groups I shot were the best, I’m excited to get it out again if the rain stops.

View attachment 7438699

Is this a factory built gun or one you did? I am just curious why folks are having issues with the magazines? Any info would be great

My specs:
-FDE cerakote
View attachment 7438688

View attachment 7438699

My ARC Xylo chassis's mag latch has my Vudoo mags sitting pretty low too and I'll sometimes get a bolt over. I reached out to see what I could do to get a higher mag latch...

Is this a factory built gun or one you did? I am just curious why folks are having issues with the magazines? Any info would be great
Vudoo built barreled action into a manners from maybe 5 years ago. I am supposed to be getting a long action mag latch from manners but they seem to be swamped now and crippled by their Covid setup. It’s impossible to get anyone on a phone over there. I may call Badger directly in a week or two to see if they can help.

Vudoo built barreled action into a manners from maybe 5 years ago. I am supposed to be getting a long action mag latch from manners but they seem to be swamped now and crippled by their Covid setup. It’s impossible to get anyone on a phone over there. I may call Badger directly in a week or two to see if they can help.

I would think 🤔 for this level of precision that the mags fit and function accordingly before leaving the facility ???

I would think 🤔 for this level of precision that the mags fit and function accordingly before leaving the facility ???

Do you own a vudoo? The mags fit fine into the action it’s strictly a matter of getting them to sit at the correct height to function without scraping bullets. That design aspect is perfect. If the mag is tight to the action, the rounds feed like butter. My manners mini chassis with AI branded mags is still crazy sloppy as a 308, it just so happens that round gives no shits and feeds anyways.

Do you own a vudoo? The mags fit fine into the action it’s strictly a matter of getting them to sit at the correct height to function without scraping bullets. That design aspect is perfect. If the mag is tight to the action, the rounds feed like butter. My manners mini chassis with AI branded mags is still crazy sloppy as a 308, it just so happens that round gives no shits and feeds anyways.

No I want one .... been following for some time now and am def impressed. But when comments like this pop up I have to ask questions.

Mags fit that’s cool I understand I Should have been more specific

But that’s what I’m saying ... shouldn’t the factory ensure they fit at the proper height to avoid scraping bullets ??? To me if I order a vudoo with manners chassis and it scrapes
Bullets w their mags and they don’t seat at the right height I would be fuckin pissed that should be ensured no issues before leaving them ...22lr is more finicky as you know from your statement than .308

Reactions: JohnTheFisherman
Barreled action means I installed it in the stock. I can assure you that vudoo would have built the latch up before it left and it would function 100%. I haven’t welded it up and filed it to fit because this isn’t the permanent home for my Vudoo. If manners comes through with a spare latch I will finish the rifle right. You may want to look at buying a vudoo complete rifle so you don’t have to fit anything yourself.

Reactions: STex and tacops1
Barreled action means I installed it in the stock. I can assure you that vudoo would have built the latch up before it left and it would function 100%. I haven’t welded it up and filed it to fit because this isn’t the permanent home for my Vudoo. If manners comes through with a spare latch I will finish the rifle right. You may want to look at buying a vudoo complete rifle so you don’t have to fit anything yourself.
Oh got ya when you stated: “Vudoo built” barreled action into a manners from maybe 5 years ago I thought ya meant they did it. I heard good things a few mag issues that were fixed but wanted to make sure

Ok awesome thanks for explaining that and that’s good to know they would have makes sense

Yeah for sure def prob worth having them do it thanks a lot

Hope ya get yours straight enjoy it I heard they drive nails

This may be a silly question, but have to ask. I see centerfire bolts that are spiraled? Is this an option for my 2nd vudoo???

thinking all black SEXY in MPA chassis
Or maybe flat black with OD green chassis
😏
MB can you make a boy happy and a gf jelly?

I don’t want to speak for mike, but after dealing with vudoo I feel like if you wanted them to make you a chassis out of chocolate cake with buttercream icing they’d do it. I feel like they’ll hook you up.

I don't know that they could spiral flute a V-22 bolt, since the front half doesn't rotate as the back half is rotated when you lift the bolt handle to and lower it to close the bolt - might be tough to get the flutes on both parts of the bolt to match up. The way the bolt is made results in a somewhat thinner shell than most CF bolt bodies - only Mike and/or the guys at VGW could answer your question about fluting it...

This may be a silly question, but have to ask. I see centerfire bolts that are spiraled? Is this an option for my 2nd vudoo???

thinking all black SEXY in MPA chassis
Or maybe flat black with OD green chassis
😏
MB can you make a boy happy and a gf jelly?
All it takes is mo money.

Some very nice rigs posted lately. Congrats to the owners.

I know variability in options plays a role, but I’m curious if orders placed in the last six months were delivered on time or perhaps early/ late to estimate. Have one coming that is forecast for the end of Nov. Not planning on bitching if it’s late in this currently crazy world, but wondering if I might get it a bit early, if that has been people’s experience. Yes, I can’t wait to shoot it.

Thanks in advance.

I don’t want to speak for mike, but after dealing with vudoo I feel like if you wanted them to make you a chassis out of chocolate cake with buttercream icing they’d do it. I feel like they’ll hook you up.

sadly, has been confirmed that the spiral bolt is a no go. They do however have 2 A.I. AX chassis in stock, tho neither are black.

Vudoo 5 rnd magazines
Does anyone know it the Vudoo 5 round magazines lay flush with the bottom of a HTG/M40a1 stock when inserted? Anyone with five rounders please post pics.

Vudoo 5 rnd magazines
Does anyone know it the Vudoo 5 round magazines lay flush with the bottom of a HTG/M40a1 stock when inserted? Anyone with five rounders please post pics.

My 5rd mag is nearly flush with the bottom of my Hawkins bottom metal. Which has a small barricade stop. So it probably protrudes 3/4” from the bottom of the stock. More or less.

I could use a some input from the Vudoo veterans as I'm considering getting first one. Need some input on configuring it before I order. Reached out to Vudoo, somebody answered a couple basic questions and said they'd have somebody call back on the more detail questions. But I guess they're slammed like everybody else in the industry, they haven't called back yet.

Plan to use this as a multipurpose 'crossover' rifle, for everything from plinking to hunting to bench shooting to occasional local matches. Due to that, trying to keep weight and bulk down a bit, so I think I don't want a chassis for this one. Not trying to turn this into a full-blown trainer for my CF rifle that's in a chassis.

Would I be severely limiting this if I got a setup like the Sinister? The non-adjustable high-comb stock probably saves some weight, but obviously will impact optics choices. Of all their stock setups, that one looks most appealing for this rifle.

If I get the Sinister, what barrel length/contour would make the most sense as a multi-purpose, lighter weight rifle, and keep it in balance? I'm leaning toward the 18" Kukri, but again, with no option to get my hands on one in a store, it's hard to know how that rifle will turn out if I buy.

Last Q is attachments. I'm trying to think through besides sling attachments, what would set this rifle up well as a multipurpose gun while keeping weight to a minimum. I currently have only 2 types of bipods: Harris, and Magpul. One or the other of those will be used with this rifle. I have bipods with all 3 types of attachments: mlok, pic rail, sling stud. What type of rail attachment would be the most 'universal' and lightweight to go with?

Best match I’ve shot by far with my vudoo. Finally broke 200 and finished in second. Rifle ran like a sewing machine with zero issues to boot too. I’m kinda hoping my TT shows up from warranty work eventually as I would like to run it in a match before the season is over.

View attachment 7443890

Have people been shooting the CMP Eley standard with good results? I was at a match yesterday and people were mentioning (rumors) that Vudoo guys have been shooting the Eley with Center-X like results.

I'm just starting to catch up with this thread as I've been playing with a .300 PRC this summer. Our club (Quantico Shooting Club) is expanding matches and we ran a .22 NRL (Outlaw) yesterday to get our feet wet, learn a bit and get feedback. It went really well and we'll be having matches monthly! Hindsight is always 100%, but I should have shot the match. I was playing RSO instead, but I did bring my Vudoo. We had a 8" gong at 175y I wanted to shoot, so I borrowed a guys DOPE (5.2mils) and dropped 10 straight shots just right of center - should have shot the match...

IMG_3864-1364101.jpg

keenedge

I would get a Ridgeback stock ( They will bed the stock should you want go the extra step) with a 20" Shilen barrel with the Kukri contour if you are having Vudoo build a complete rifle. It is 2 pounds heavier than the Sinister but will be more stable from prone of bench. My stock is an MPA and it is HEAVY

Have people been shooting the CMP Eley standard with good results? I was at a match yesterday and people were mentioning (rumors) that Vudoo guys have been shooting the Eley with Center-X like results.

I'm just starting to catch up with this thread as I've been playing with a .300 PRC this summer. Our club (Quantico Shooting Club) is expanding matches and we ran a .22 NRL (Outlaw) yesterday to get our feet wet, learn a bit and get feedback. It went really well and we'll be having matches monthly! Hindsight is always 100%, but I should have shot the match. I was playing RSO instead, but I did bring my Vudoo. We had a 8" gong at 175y I wanted to shoot, so I borrowed a guys DOPE (5.2mils) and dropped 10 straight shots just right of center - should have shot the match...

IMG_3864-1364101.jpg
There’s one guy who comes to the matches I shoot that has a vudoo and is shooting Eley with great results, but I couldn’t tell you what type of Eley it is unfortunately. He’s come in first the last couple times. He outshot me by 12 hits and I was using center x. So whatever Eley he is using is equal to center x or better (plus he’s a damn good shooter)

keenedge, I built a few 22RF precision repeaters (Stiller 2500XR, two 40Xs converted to use V-22 mags) before finally buying a V-22 action and building it into a heavy competition rifle. I decided that I wanted a sporter weight V-22, so ordered a bbl'd action with 18" Ranch contour ACE bbl, and put it into a Manners EH2 stock. It was a hammer - I see absolutely no reason not to specify an ACE bbl for your rifle. But the Ranch profile is too light IMHO - the rifle was pretty butt-heavy in balance, and I found it a bit harder to break shoots off rests or bipod & rear bag without disturbing the sight picture than it was to do so with my V-22s with 22" sendero & kukri bbls. I eventually pulled the 18" Ranch bbl and replaced it with a Krieger #4 sporter that I finished at 22". To reiterate - I wasn't after better accuracy, as the ACE bbl was excellent in that respect. I was wanting a rifle with better balance, and the 22" #4 contour provided that, along with essentially the same great accuracy. This rifle weighs 10lbs with an Athlon 6-24x50 scope mounted in TPS TSR low aluminum rings and a loaded 10rd poly mag, and balances nicely when carried with my hand right in front of the magazine. Make no mistake, I'm more confident in the stability of my position when I'm shooting either of my heavy V-22s, which have 22" sendero and kukri bbls, and 4.5-29x56 Cronus scopes, either of which weigh just over 13lbs. But at the age of 69, with some arthritis in my shoulders, elbows, and wrists, I don't carry these heavier rifles on my evening walks with my little Bea-dog - I carry the V-22 sporter; or with a Vickers Combat Application sling from Blue Force Gear, a CZ457 VPT that I've re-barreled with a 22" Shilen .850" straight cylinder bbl. A sling like the Vickers rides across the back of my shoulders, and is what I'd use if I were going to carry one of the heavier V-22s. Sorry for the blurry photo, but from front to back - sporter w/22" Krieger #4 in EH2 stock, 22" Krieger sendero in PRS1T, 22" Bartlein Kukri in PRS1T.

Attachments

• DSC_0247.JPG
    DSC_0247.JPG
    432.5 KB · Views: 147
Last edited: