• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

My Vudoo V22 has the KRG stock and after reading SYS700's post, I did recall that feeding the cartidge from the mag was sometimes unreliable. This stock has no Vudoo bottom metal. I checked the mag fit ant it was kinda sloppy, so I followed Mike's recommendation and put some Velcro on the front surface of the mag. Now the slop is gone. Off to the range tomorrow to check it out.

I picked up my full Vudoo V22 build this past Thursday from my FFL. The rifle looks absolutely amazing and the quality is impeccable, however, I'm having some major bolt cycling issues with it:

The bolt doesn't feel very smooth in the action. Almost as though the paint inside the action is too thick. I have a Volquartsen Scorpion pistol that is very smooth, and I expected the same kind of smoothness. I tried some light oil, then a lot of oil, then tried removing most of the oil, tried a bit of grease, but still the same issue with the sticky feeling. Will this get smoother over time?

Within the hour I took it to my local range to sight in the scope. I had to do a double-take when it put 10 bullets through a hole at 25 yards, and had no trouble hitting a bullseye at 200 yards. However, after about 100 rounds I started having feeding issues where the bullets would smash up inside and not enter the bore, bending the bullet in the casing, denting the bullet. I had to pull the magazine to get the bent bullet out. I put a few hundred rounds of Midas+ through it, and got the scope zeroed, but after awhile I'd have to eject the magazine each time and waste a bullet.

I took it to the range again on Friday, and put another 400 rounds through it (mainly Midas+, SK Rifle, and tried some Wolf Match Extra and X-Act). I noticed right away that the Wolf and X-Act were sized differently. The primer rim was too wide in these rounds to fit the stock Vudoo mags. However, the X-Act seemed to be more accurate downrange. I ended up sticking with Midas+ and SK Rifle Match. When I got back home, I looked in the action and noticed metal shavings everywhere in there. An examination of the bullet casings showed that the casings themselves are being scraped somehow. This could have been the reason for the bolt action not being smooth. It's basically shaving metal off the bullets and casing! I cleaned it out, put a bit of oil on the bolt, and it seemed to cycle much more smoothly once I did that.

Saturday I took it to my first ever PRS match. Throughout the match my rifle would constantly jam, I'd have to eject a bullet, or eject the entire magazine and fiddle with putting another one in. This cost me time, and I wasn't able to finish several of the stages because of this (aside from the fact that a poor functioning rifle messes with your head).

I heard there are issues with Vudoo magazines and the MPA BA Comp chassis, but I'm not noticing the mags tilting at all. I watched this video and it looks like an adjustable mag release might solve the issue, but I question whether or not this is really the issue:

The magazines seem like they are in the magwell very snug and tight with only a bit of side to side play, no forward backward play. And if there were consistent issues with the BA Comp chassis, why wouldn't Vudoo ship them with the extended mag release as standard? What I am noticing is the bolt seems sticky when cycling it right before the bullet jams. It's not perfectly smooth. I can feel the bolt dragging on something. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? I read that you can put some velcro on the mags to keep the mags from rotating, which I will try today and test it out again at the range. Any other things I can try to make this work? As is, I don't feel I can compete with this rifle (just way too many jams). Numerous people were also running Vudoos and they observed the same issues with my rifle. They tried it out, checking out the bolt, and offered some tips on the feeding issues, but advised sending the action back if these issues continue. I'm also wondering if I'm cycling the bolt incorrectly...not grabbing it at the correct position, not using enough force, or perhaps too much force.

Any advice would be much appreciated! I really love this rifle and would like to solve this!

Might also be an optical illusion but from the picture it looks like magazine is drooping in the back (towards the shooter). Definitely doesn't look horizontally lined up with the chassis.

Might also be an optical illusion but from the picture it looks like magazine is drooping in the back (towards the shooter). Definitely doesn't look horizontally lined up with the chassis.
The bottom of the Vudoo magazine is not parallel with the top. See photo:

Attachments

• VGW_Product_VLogo_Mag_8.9-1.jpg
    VGW_Product_VLogo_Mag_8.9-1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 76
With the new Vudoo I have been trying to true data as I had something off for Saturdays match and could not hit a single plate at 100. I shot about 500 rounds on Sunday and I am getting somewhere finally. I re built the profile in the Kestrel and started over then did the Cal DSF at 201 yards. that was the distance at my head laying behind the rifle. I'm not 100% sure on where that distance should be bu either way I used it. the call was 7.8mil at 201. Actual was 7mil flat. I had 2 rounds on the 10 that hit the 1100FPS mark and went high. the other 8 were golden. Now I just need to stretch it out to 400 and verify that data.

Below is the 201 yard group and the 200 rounds at 50.

Shooting SK Rifle match 72* average was 1083, MAX 1104, MIN 1072, ES 32, SD 6.9. This was over 50 rounds. I shot 200 rounds with 4 - 50 shot strings across the MagnetoSpeed.
tempImagerjSXSf.png
tempImageAEikw2.png

With the new Vudoo I have been trying to true data as I had something off for Saturdays match and could not hit a single plate at 100. I shot about 500 rounds on Sunday and I am getting somewhere finally. I re built the profile in the Kestrel and started over then did the Cal DSF at 201 yards. that was the distance at my head laying behind the rifle. I'm not 100% sure on where that distance should be bu either way I used it. the call was 7.8mil at 201. Actual was 7mil flat. I had 2 rounds on the 10 that hit the 1100FPS mark and went high. the other 8 were golden. Now I just need to stretch it out to 400 and verify that data.

Below is the 201 yard group and the 200 rounds at 50.

Shooting SK Rifle match 72* average was 1083, MAX 1104, MIN 1072, ES 32, SD 6.9. This was over 50 rounds. I shot 200 rounds with 4 - 50 shot strings across the MagnetoSpeed.
View attachment 7612415View attachment 7612416

If you have a Kestrel Elite, the Center-X AB profile works for the SK Rifle Match, Standard +, etc ammo. Never need to DSF it. Just reset a new profile and use the Center-X Custom Curve profile. Make sure your atmospherics are current, and put in your velocity. I've done this across multiple rifles at different locations out to 400 yards and never needed to use DSF.

Also most important... make sure your 50yd zero is 100% solid, not .1 or .2 off. If your 2nd picture is your 50 yard groups I guess your zero is pretty decent, though the groups are a bit large.

Also check your bore height to make sure you're measuring it correctly. That can also throw a .1/.2 off at distance which will cause you to incorrectly true things.

If you have a Kestrel Elite, the Center-X AB profile works for the SK Rifle Match, Standard +, etc ammo. Never need to DSF it. Just reset a new profile and use the Center-X Custom Curve profile. Make sure your atmospherics are current, and put in your velocity. I've done this across multiple rifles at different locations out to 400 yards and never needed to use DSF.

Also most important... make sure your 50yd zero is 100% solid, not .1 or .2 off. If your 2nd picture is your 50 yard groups I guess your zero is pretty decent, though the groups are a bit large.

Also check your bore height to make sure you're measuring it correctly. That can also throw a .1/.2 off at distance which will cause you to incorrectly true things.
I read you post for 2020 in the rimfire section about this as built another profile using that and my data. It lined up at 6.98 for 200 yards.

I am going to test it out farther this week to 400 and see if it needs adjusting but it looks spot on for now.

I have 3 Vudoo profiles. OG, V1 & V2

They are 10 shot groups at 50 instead of 5 shot. 5 shot groups were real tight. The circle is 1" outside ring and .5" inside ring.

Last edited:
Took my Vudoo to the range again today. A bit windy and cold but I was mainly testing out the action. After shooting around 300 rounds, I only experienced two jammed bullets.

Here's what I did to correct the feeding issues:

1) Removed most of the oil in the bolt. I had more than necessary, and I think it was resulting in issues due to tight tolerances.
2) Adjusted the magazine release catch so that it just lightly clicks and no forward/backward rotation
3) Switched out the stock Vudoo knob (I had both a medium and a large) for a Wallace Machine Works V2 knob. The shape of the new knob helps me grab the bolt at a consistent location and move it properly.

A couple of things I noticed: 1) although there is no more vertical play, there is still some side-to-side play with the magazine. If you have the magazine sitting at the extreme left and move it to the right, it can result in about a millimeter of bullet movement side to side. It's not much, but this could result in a misaligned bullet that catches slightly and then results in a jam. I'm going to add some velcro inside both sides of the mag well to prevent any side to side play. 2) I tried some Wolf Extra Match again and it fit the magazine perfectly, so ignore my previous comment about Wolf ammo not working well in these mags (although I didn't try every mag).

Attachments

• IMG_5217.jpg
    IMG_5217.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_5221.jpg
    IMG_5221.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Reactions: MLS2GO
I'm due for a cleaning, but my round doesn't sit at that angle. From here when I push forward, it goes perfectly horizontal into a control-fed mechanism. I was actually trying to time the control-feed by pushing super slow and it popped up past the bolt face... that didn't work, but yeh the first picture is right before it pops up into control-feed. My round looks like it's going in at less steep angle than yours.

1619484363254.png

1619484447948.png

Question for people who have gotten their vudoos in the last month or so from Vudoo, how long of a delay did you have?

My three 60 is scheduled to ship the 14th, so trying to see if itll be close.

Mine was scheduled to ship yesterday. It is waiting on a 20" Ace Kukri Barrel. I also did a Stock/ Chassis swap, but the chassis was in stock at Vudoo. I was told barrels are a week or 2 behind and that was first of April. Grayboe Ridgeback stocks were also behind.

Reactions: RandomWAguy
I was told by the Aussie Importer that mine was expected in to arrive incountry in May. But dont know if thats May 1st, or 31st 😂😂

No rush here. Just got my new 17HMR licenced and new 22-250AI barrel for varminting so will play with that for a bit while I wait.

Question for people who have gotten their vudoos in the last month or so from Vudoo, how long of a delay did you have?

My three 60 is scheduled to ship the 14th, so trying to see if itll be close.
LH BA order placed 30NOV.....
At some point changed barrel length...
Then added a stock to the order...
Shipped them TT Diamond for install
Still patiently waiting for that shipment notification email....

My RH V22 makes the time go by quick....

LH BA order placed 30NOV.....
At some point changed barrel length...
Then added a stock to the order...
Shipped them TT Diamond for install
Still patiently waiting for that shipment notification email....

My RH V22 makes the time go by quick....

I wonder why LH is so backed up? I'm about to place an order for a LH 3 60 for my wife. No dealers stock LH right?

Reactions: Badjujuu
I wonder why LH is so backed up? I'm about to place an order for a LH 3 60 for my wife. No dealers stock LH right?
I have not found any dealers offering LH.
I was told the LH bolt nose was the culprit in the hold up...

I'm tempted to place a order for a 360 lefty and take my time waiting for it while I enjoy this one when it does comes in....

I've seen Altus has the LH model on their list, but not in stock ever, you might drop em an email about possible re-stock ETA on LH models? Milehigh too iirc?
Love my Gen1, okay with the loooong wait for the LH360, probably mid or early August is my bet...

Reactions: Badjujuu
Some time ago @Tiger_Shilone originated a thread describing his lightweight 22LR build for competition. My understanding is that lightweight rifles are inherently more challenging to shoot accurately than heavy rifles. Since challenges interest me, the following are the components of my lightweight build:

1. Barrel action: No brainer, Vudoo V22 with 18.0” Kukri contour Proof CF barrel and 20 MOA Al rail
2. Bix’nAndy 2-stage TacSport Pro trigger with Gator shoe

Weight of 1 + 2 = 4.35lb

3. Vudoo Factory DBM bottom metal and action screws; weight =0.37lb
4. Vudoo 10 shot polymer mag; weight = 0.22lb
5. Grayboe Phoenix stock; advertised weight = 2.00lb, actual weight =2.03lb

The other reasons for selecting the Phoenix are: (1) The adjustable comb/cheek rest. If you run a scope and are not anatomically blessed, then an adjustable comb is a necessity;(2) 21st Century technology attachment points, M-Lok plates and QD flush cups rather than 19th Century technology sling studs;(3) The LOP system, efficient, lightweight and adaptable. The memory-foam butt pad is a joy, not for recoil management with 22LR but for its conformability and “grippyness”, both contributing to a firm shoulder weld;(4) The universal barrel channel, the ultimate in functionality at the expense of aesthetics if you do not like a barrel channel “too large.” However, physics says a barrel channel that has space for convection from both the top and bottom halves of the barrel will run cooler than a barrel with convective cooling from only the top half of the barrel. Whether the additional convective cooling is significant is an open question;(5) The Phoenix can be configured for a large number of actions and bottom metals. For my build a Vudoo action inlet and the Vudoo Factory DBM were appropriate. Absolutely no issue with feeding from the Vudoo 5 shot aluminum mag or the 10 shot poly mag;(6) Wait time of about 6 weeks not 6 months or longer; (7) World-class customer service similar to VGW.

6. Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x42 with 3” Sunshade and NF Ultralight Low 30mm rings; weight = 1.53lb

This is a lightweight scope that suits my purposes, ie. shooting standing offhand at 46yd, 98yd and 198yd. The reticle is a simple duplex with an illuminated red dot. Since I graduated to scopes from red dots a reticle in the second FP, a red dot and a ballistic turret for three fixed distances is optimal.

Total weight = 8.50lb

P1010053_DxO.jpg

P1010055_DxO.jpg

Some time ago @Tiger_Shilone originated a thread describing his lightweight 22LR build for competition. My understanding is that lightweight rifles are inherently more challenging to shoot accurately than heavy rifles. Since challenges interest me, the following are the components of my lightweight build:

1. Barrel action: No brainer, Vudoo V22 with 18.0” Kukri contour Proof CF barrel and 20 MOA Al rail

Weight of 1 + 2 = 4.35lb

The other reasons for selecting the Phoenix are: (1) The adjustable comb/cheek rest. If you run a scope and are not anatomically blessed, then an adjustable comb is a necessity;(2) 21st Century technology attachment points, M-Lok plates and QD flush cups rather than 19th Century technology sling studs;(3) The LOP system, efficient, lightweight and adaptable. The memory-foam butt pad is a joy, not for recoil management with 22LR but for its conformability and “grippyness”, both contributing to a firm shoulder weld;(4) The universal barrel channel, the ultimate in functionality at the expense of aesthetics if you do not like a barrel channel “too large.” However, physics says a barrel channel that has space for convection from both the top and bottom halves of the barrel will run cooler than a barrel with convective cooling from only the top half of the barrel. Whether the additional convective cooling is significant is an open question;(5) The Phoenix can be configured for a large number of actions and bottom metals. For my build a Vudoo action inlet and the Vudoo Factory DBM were appropriate. Absolutely no issue with feeding from the Vudoo 5 shot aluminum mag or the 10 shot poly mag;(6) Wait time of about 6 weeks not 6 months or longer; (7) World-class customer service similar to VGW.

6. Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x42 with 3” Sunshade and NF Ultralight Low 30mm rings; weight = 1.53lb

This is a lightweight scope that suits my purposes, ie. shooting standing offhand at 46yd, 98yd and 198yd. The reticle is a simple duplex with an illuminated red dot. Since I graduated to scopes from red dots a reticle in the second FP, a red dot and a ballistic turret for three fixed distances is optimal.

Total weight = 8.50lb

View attachment 7613540

View attachment 7613541

I'm planning on repurposing my 18" stainless kukri to a lightweight build. Currently -
Razor HD AMG + arc m10 Rings = 34oz
VGW 18" Kukri w/ Huber 2-stage = 89oz
XLR Element Magnesium 4.0 = 28oz
Poly mag = 3.5oz

So total weight will be 9.6lbs

I was told they are still waiting for the LH 360 actions as of this week but should be soon. I have one on order and should be early in the left handed 360 deliveries, hopefully June.

Weight of 1 + 2 = 4.35lb

Total weight = 8.50lb

View attachment 7613540

View attachment 7613541
I really like. Congrats!

Weight of 1 + 2 = 4.35lb

Total weight = 8.50lb

View attachment 7613540

View attachment 7613541
Where is the balance point on your rig?

I was told they are still waiting for the LH 360 actions as of this week but should be soon. I have one on order and should be early in the left handed 360 deliveries, hopefully June.
UGH!!!!!!! I called them on Monday as my "ship date" was supposed to be on Monday after waiting about 14 weeks to find out where my LH Apparition is. So if it's June thats 7 months waiting. They said they are behind and would get back to me to let me know the hold up is. They did say they didn't do LH very often so it could be the action. So reading your post that it could be June bugs me some. June is when the next NRL22 season starts and I'd like to have the rifle totally sorted before the start.

Well I'm not exactly happy about this...

Expecting a company to predict the future down to the day seems a bit unrealistic to me, even under the best circumstances... Factor in the shit show that's been 2020 & 2021 and it becomes more difficult. Extreme increase in demand combined with a shortage of raw materials, shipping delays, etc make that request next to impossible. I understand you're excited to receive your new rifle, but try to understand that there are a LOT of factors outside of Vudoo's control at play here.

UGH!!!!!!! I called them on Monday as my "ship date" was supposed to be on Monday after waiting about 14 weeks to find out where my LH Apparition is. So if it's June thats 7 months waiting. They said they are behind and would get back to me to let me know the hold up is. They did say they didn't do LH very often so it could be the action. So reading your post that it could be June bugs me some. June is when the next NRL22 season starts and I'd like to have the rifle totally sorted before the start.

Even if they don’t do left handed very often they should still be able to turn one out inside of 7 months.
they’ve been backed up (that I’m aware of) since I ordered mine last September.

Where is the balance point on your rig?
@Tomiboy:

Center of the magazine. Perfect for me since I shoot standing offhand with support arm pushed against my torso. If you wanted balance point moved forward could add weights to the two M-Lok plates. The M-Lok weights from MDT weigh 0.39lb or with a bipod attached to an M-Lok picatinny rail. Another of the good features of a lightweight build is you can do many configurations with mags, slings scopes to increase the weight or alter the balance. I suggested to Grayboe they could offer aluminum and steel buttstock spacer plates with same geometry as the current polymer plates to shift balance point as far backward as desired.

Rick

It could be a case where the Left Hand Action is available, but the Chassis/ Stock in the Left hand is not available.

Last edited:
Reactions: CBeck
When doing a full build you are not only dependent on Vudoos production schedule but also the availability of whatever chassis and trigger manufacture you ordered. I did a barreled action in December and received it in the quoted timeframe. No waiting for other companies.

I changed my original barreled action order to a 360 and I supplied the barrel so a different situation than a full build. I just love that when they bring a new product to market the southpaws don’t have to wait on the majority before they go into production.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Mine is a Gen2. Knew I should have went to Youtube!!!! SHooting in the rain last Saturday makes me want to take it apart fully, clean and re lube.

Just wanted to drop a general FYI to all Vudoo hopefuls waiting on builds in the near term -
I was one week past my projected ship date on a V22 BA that was changed to a 360, so I emailed yesterday asking for an update and received this email below from Jill at Vudoo:

“Your barrel has been spun. Normally you'd only be about 2 weeks out at this point. However, we've had a "heat treating" delay of our firing pins. As a result it could be a week or two longer (maybe!) I will know more this next week. I will follow up with you to let you know, as soon as I know more 🙂

Have a great weekend!!”

Jill Parrott
Vudoo Gun Works
(435) 359-2890

Stay strong Vudoo hopefuls...your time will come. 🤙🤙🤙

Just wanted to drop a general FYI to all Vudoo hopefuls waiting on builds in the near term -
I was one week past my projected ship date on a V22 BA that was changed to a 360, so I emailed yesterday asking for an update and received this email below from Jill at Vudoo:

“Your barrel has been spun. Normally you'd only be about 2 weeks out at this point. However, we've had a "heat treating" delay of our firing pins. As a result it could be a week or two longer (maybe!) I will know more this next week. I will follow up with you to let you know, as soon as I know more 🙂

Have a great weekend!!”

Jill Parrott
Vudoo Gun Works
(435) 359-2890

Stay strong Vudoo hopefuls...your time will come. 🤙🤙🤙
Yup thats the same response I received. One thing is they are super awesome to work with. My rifle was supposed to ship this week. But as you see above the firing pin has delayed it. It allowed me to make a last minute change! Also I'd rather have it right than have to call them with issues...

Reactions: Ronin_64
Spent 4 hours at the Gun Range this morning. I received my Burris XTR3 this week and removed my RT25. I really like the XTR3. I think there is a Parallax issue going on in my RT25 as I was having major issues being able to focus the Reticle and Target over the past 2 weeks. I will be contacting Burris this following week. I have also found a Lot of SK Rifle Match my rifle don’t care for at all. The SK Standard + it seems to like fairly well. 50 yard target and 100 yard target. 50 rounds of each flavor on each target. Paper targets were off the bench. Rifle Match is on top. Then I worked on 200 rounds of barricade shooting at 100 yards. Ladder, Tank Trap and pipe rack.Rifle now has right at 1600 rounds through it.
EDEF9D76-3C35-47CF-9287-2BBF2427B1C4.jpeg
73DE7FCF-ACEC-4565-9F2A-FA6218169EB9.jpeg
6D467944-9842-4388-A94A-73A9F2EC4853.jpeg
D88C152C-E787-4862-AB90-D0E30C5A5728.jpeg
97156132-D4E4-420D-AF16-87010316BA16.jpeg